Fall TV: ABC Announces Premiere Dates -- Which Launches Are Being Held for October?

Last but not least, following NBC, Fox, The CW and CBS, ABC is the final broadcast network to detail its fall TV premiere plan.

On tap for midseason: Body of Proof, Wife Swap and the new dramas Red Widow and Zero Hour. The new sudser Mistresses premieres summer 2013.

All told, ABC’s premiere plan looks like this; new shows are listed in ALL CAPS (get details here).

Friday, September 14
8 pm Shark Tank
9 pm Primetime: What Would You Do?
10 pm 20/20

Monday, September 24
8 pm Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars (cast to be announced Friday, July 27)
10 pm Castle

Tuesday, September 25
8 pm Dancing with the Stars Results Show
10 pm Private Practice

Wednesday, September 26
8 pm The Middle (one-hour premiere)
9 pm Modern Family
9:30 pm THE NEIGHBORS [new]

Thursday, September 27
8 pm LAST RESORT [new]
9 pm Grey’s Anatomy
10 pm Scandal

Sunday, September 30
8 pm Once Upon a Time
9 pm Revenge
10 pm 666 PARK AVENUE [new]

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Versus What?

Wednesday, October 3
8:30 pm THE NEIGHBORS (regular time period premiere)

Sunday, October 7
7 pm America’s Funniest Home Videos

Wednesday, October 10
10 pm NASHVILLE [new]

Wednesday, October 17
9:30 pm Suburgatory

Tuesday, October 23
9 pm Happy Endings
9:30 pm Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23

Friday, November 2
8 pm Last Man Standing
8:30 pm MALIBU COUNTRY [new]
9 pm Shark Tank (new time slot premiere)

NOT RETURNING THIS SEASON: Charlie’s Angels, the TBS-bound Cougar Town, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, GCB, Man Up, Missing, Pan Am, The River and Work It.

1. Joe says:

Finally. I can complete my schedule.

2. Klaus says:

That is a very staggered schedule. Surprised they’re holding back Suburgatory for that long. I’m not so shocked about Apt.23 and HE, they don’t want to premiere them opposite New Girl/Mindy Project/Go On/New Normal (so maybe they can switch to 10 if the other comedies are too big).

• pilo says:

They probably just want to save Episodes for the new year and run them trough like last year with Happpy Ending

• Balaji K says:

On September 26, ABC have used Modern Family premiere as a lead-in to Neighbours. On October 3, 9-11pm might get pre-empted. Then, on October 10, Nashville premieres at 10pm. So, I’m guessing ABC would schedule 2 episodes of Modern Family as a lead-in to Nashville. That’s why, Suburgatory premieres on October 17.

3. alice says:

CANT WAIT FOR GREYS

4. Mike says:

2 hour results show for DWTS? That is ridicilous.

5. Juan says:

Finally, about time, its not as scattered as NBC or Fox so good, It looks like Premier week will mostly be CBS and ABC. cant wait for Grey’s, OUAT, Revenge, Scandal, PP, Castle, and all the comedies. Will watch Nashville and Last Resort too. I think ts a good idea about the tuesday comedies so that they don’t have to go against them at their strongest though I don’t like the Suburgatory delay

6. alim says:

is any one else pissed off about he fact that greys is not a 2 hour premier, surely with last seasons short finale, youd think they make a 2 hour premier to expalin the who sitaution.

• Kristoffer says:

What is there to explain really… the plane crashed, one persons dead, others injured and they need to be rescued.

7. Andrea says:

Can’t wait for Castle!

8. politicsmatt says:

I really think that ABC has a winning Sunday night.

9. alex says:

Soooo glad that they swapped The Neighbors and Suburgatory…The Neighbors looks awful and Suburgatory is brilliant and deserves a bigger audience!

10. Jennifer Redmond says:

So very upset ya’ll took the river off, why? I loved it, looked forward to it every week!!

11. dude says:

Sad they’re holding off Happy Endings/Apt. 23 so long but excited for Revenge, Once Upon a Time, Nashville, Subergatory and 666 Park Avenue.

12. nick1372 says:

Finally!!!

13. Zed says:

Nashville will be premiering after a modern family repeat or the second episode of Neighbors?

• CrimTV says:

I think there will be a double episode of Modern Family on October 10 to lead into Nashville as the Presidential Debates are on on October 3.

14. Sara says:

OUAT is the show I am most anxious to start back up. I’ve already rewatched the entire season and seen the finale about 4 times. I just can’t get enough of it!

15. nich says:

Guess I’ll have to miss Suburgatory this year. It’s up against two other shows I watch. I can only tivo two things at a time.

16. DreamRose311 says:

You do a fantastic job, but I gotta ask, when are you gonna start keeping a running post updated with summer season finale dates? Looks like some are already available (Bunheads 8/20, Teen Wolf 8/13, for example), so I’m surprised I haven’t seen any of them here yet! Help us out Matt!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I am not sure a precedent was ever set that we do a Summer Finales calendar…? Priority #1 after TCA is the Fall Premieres calendar.

• DreamRose311 says:

Well, there was a post focusing on Summer premieres (and other important dates), so I thought that would be a logical follow… It seems like every year Summer is becoming a more and more established TV season…

Anyway, thanks for responding, and for all the work you do!

17. Spencer says:

Sunday nights=new favorite night for TV!

18. Kristen says:

I’m so bummed they moved Revenge to Sunday nights. I have too many other shows on and while I *love* Revenge, that will probably be the show that I want for the next night to watch online. I wish it were on during the week!

• Loni says:

I agree! Revenge was so great on Wednesdays, something to look forward to, to get me through the week. But now Sunday nights are really busy for me so I won’t be able to watch it live. Bummer.

• Carole says:

I agree! Revenge is one of my favorite shows putting it on Sunday nights was a big mistake.
      I will record it from my DVR and watch it another night. The other thing is when the games are on alot of the shows run late hate that.

19. mirvin365 says:

Hey Matt, any news about ABC Family premiere dates? The Lying Game maybe?? I’m DYING ova here!

20. Ram510 says:

So whoever had those “insider rumors” yester day was only right about 2 things, Revenge and Happy Endings start dates. Even though it was pretty obvious HE/Apt 23 would start late and even more obvious Last Man Standing and Malibu Country would start late

21. Chase says:

I’m interested to see how their Friday night strategy works. The family-friendly shows that people don’t dvr might attract some eye-balls. Call it TGIF Redux.

• nick1372 says:

This is a good idea and probably will be successful, but for one thing. It’s ip against two similarly older-skewing, male-skewing shows; Touch and CSI:NY. But if it survived NCIS, it’ll survive that.

22. tvaddict says:

I have to wait until the end of October for Happy Endings to return????????????/

23. I guess, they’ll have 2-hour DWTS so that’s why they’re holding Happy Endings and Don’t Trust the B, but on the bright side – they’ll have less breaks :)

• crimtv says:

They’re holding back HE/Apartment 23 because they would have more time for promotion and they wouldn’t have to premiere up against the two other comedies on NBC and FOX. Not to mention they would reduce repeats.

24. Sg.Grant says:

The more I hear about Last Resort, the better and better it looks.

25. Temperence says:

Triple word score on Sundays… I’m getting a little tired of everything being schedules to Sundays, I guess I’ll just buy another TV tuner card for my computer and DVR everything.

26. Kissan says:

I can’t wait to see the battle between Revenge vs The Good Wife. I also wonder how Revenge will affect Family Guy, Dexter and The Walking Dead.

27. JASon says:

WHen is FIrefly going to have it’s season premiere?

28. Ana says:

ABC is kind of getting on my nerves with their randomness. Who came up with the lame idea of staggering their schedule in such a way. Everybody knows that the Fall is Tv’s prime-time. Viewership always goes down in the Spring, so instead of building some real momentum in the Fall they are going to wait for people to sample other shows in other networks first. And what is it with the Greys one hour premier? They did that in S7 and it didn’t work so well. That was one of the worst seasons ever. Shonda really needs to surrender the reigns already. She’s micro-managing three shows at the same time and its obviously too much for her. And she’s damaging them in the process..

29. Ana says:

BTW, a two hour spot for DWTS results? Really? Like that show hasn’t already tanked in the ratings now they are giving it an extra hour. Brilliant. Really.

• nick1372 says:

They do that every year, and it’s guaranteed to do better than Happy Endings/Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23.

30. FINALLY! So excited to know when OUaT, Suburgatory, and Castle will return (although somehow the Castle premiere date was spilled earlier this month) and when Nashville and Malibu Country will premiere. I just wish those 2 weren’t up against my CSIs :P And why the late start for Suburgatory? None of the other networks seem to be going around the debates for their premieres :/

31. April says:

Wasn’t ABC doing a reboot of Beauty and the Beast like the CW? What happened with that?

32. Galit barel says:

Cant wait for revenge , body of proof and castle !!!!!!!!!!!

33. Emmalee says:

Did anyone notice that dont trust the b in apartment 23 is comming back on the 23!!!!! Ha ha, 23 23, i just went all ‘touch’ on ya all

34. Flutter says:

Can’t believe Missing isn’t coming back! Probably the top three shows of last season.

35. roxanne says:

I love body of proof !! please bring it back soon !!!

36. lynn watson says:

I love Saving Hope. I don’t see it on the schedule. They are just going to end it without knowing what happens to Charlie?

37. Dominique La Fargue says:

Sooo happy Scandal is back on!!

38. Lori says:

I’m disappointed that “Missing” has been taken off the air. I really enjoyed its first season. It had potential! I’ll “miss” it!

39. Kris says:

I’m so sad Pan Am is gone.