Round 3 of TV's Best Bad Boy Ends With Game of Thrones Vs. Justified, Charmed Vs. Vamp Diaries

The final matchups in Round 3 of TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament kick off today, and when the polls close, we’ll be down to our final eight characters.

Yes indeed, right this minute we’ve got Raylan Givens of Justified against Tyrion Lannister of Game of Thrones, and Cole Turner from Charmed facing Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries.

Every day for the next couple of weeks, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

And if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (57)

• I love Damon, but Cole definitely wins my vote in this round.

Comment by Ashlee – July 25, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahaha! I was just thinking “I love Cole, but Damon FTW!”

Comment by Shawn – July 25, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • haha I thought this was too easy – DAMON!!

Comment by rebecca – July 25, 2012 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Though my love for Cole is older, my love for Damon is truer. ❤

Comment by Thea – July 25, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raylan vs Tyrion? That’s pure evil…

Comment by Ava – July 25, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Competition is getting tough! Given the sizes and enthusiasms of the fan bases, though, I think we’re barreling towards a Dean/Damon “Hunter vs. Beast” final.

Comment by J – July 25, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hi J, don’t you think that Neal Caffrey (and maybe even Barney Stinson) might have a chance against Dean?

Comment by Keren – July 25, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My money is on Dean vs Damon in the final, too. This is a contest of fanbases more than characters.

Comment by Temis – July 25, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So I noticed that Chuck Bass won his round and as I was voting for Raylan (Timothy Olaphant could you be more sexy?!?!) I wondered what would happen if Chuck Bass and Raylan Givens met in real (fictional life). Think about that one for a minute.

Just saying. Raylan (or Dean…or Logan…or Damon…or Spike…) for the win.

Comment by k. – July 25, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damon Salvatore wins with me every time!

Comment by April – July 25, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The best bad boy on television is OLTL/ GH’s Todd Manning, played by the incomparable Roger Howarth. Any poll without him in it to compete is meaningless. That is all.

Comment by StupidPeopleShutUp – July 25, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • good choice!

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – July 25, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gave up on OLTL years ago when they got rid of Roger – have been catching snippets of GH ever since they brought him on and I still love him to death. Def. would vote for him over anyone still left in this poll!!

Comment by Rain – July 26, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was always my favorite OLTL character. So glad to see him on GH.

Comment by carriewehmeyer – July 29, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I find these polls rather necessary and pointless, somewhat silly. Do they have to be done everyday really, it would be much better if they were done once in a while.

Its getting to a point were I dread coming to this site, just to be greeted by pointless bad boy polls.

Comment by zee – July 25, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What?? I look forward to the polls, I come on the site to see if they’ve updated to the new one. And I check in during the day to see what the numbers look like.

Comment by Keren – July 25, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s a bracket tournament, not a random daily question. It’s everyday until someone wins.

Comment by Deena – July 25, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really? I love this poll. Come here every day to support my favorites.

Comment by Alrisha_6 – July 25, 2012 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There have been so many match ups in this tournament where BOTH characters are more badass than either character from other match ups. Tyrion Lannister deserves to go a long way, but Raylan Givens is the ultimate bad boy.

Comment by Adam L. (@UpstateAdamL) – July 25, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Something is def wrong with this poll: Raylan Givens vs Tyrion Lannister. Something is mass voting for Tyrion Lannister.

Comment by Velvet – July 25, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Raylan Givens is my winner, but as this turning into the usual run-of-the-mill battle of the CW supernaturals, it really doesn’t matter if he or Tyrion wins. Of course, that doesn’t change the fact that if Raylan went to hell, he’d charm the devil into letting him go and leave him thinking it was his idea in the first place. Probably with fried chicken and a shot of bourbon.

Comment by Emily – July 25, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You speak the truth. Raylan should be the winner (on a level playing field).

Comment by Dolphin – July 27, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt that something is mass voting for Tyrion – seeing as how he’s sadly losing. Anyone that watches Game of Thrones should be voting for Tyrion, he’s the best character on the show and def. is a fantastic bad boy. As for Raylan, I love Timothy Olyphant, but don’t love the character of Raylan. My vote was for Boyd back in the first round!

Comment by Rain – July 26, 2012 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cole for me. One of my favorite characters ever!

Comment by Linda – July 25, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is wrong with you Vampire Diaries people?!?!?! Cole Turner was a demon and then THE SOURCE OF ALL EVIL. But he would still do anything to be with the woman he loved. How is he not being propelled to the finals?! I am clueless. And disappointed. And will forever watch Charmed reruns seasons 3 thru 5 1/2 to see that man in action.

Comment by Deena – July 25, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m a Vampire Diaries “person” who will openly admit to being Charmed obsessed. I grew up with it, stayed with it all 8 seasons and LOVED Cole (he was one of my favorite characters.) I still voted for Damon. If you’ve seen TVD, you know that “he would still do anything to be with the woman he loved” has a lot of meaning for Damon who’s entire characterization is based off love. He’s often ruthless and coldly pragmatic but always ALWAYS driven by romantic or brotherly love. Considering how many times I saw Cole try to kill himself as well as the fact that he didn’t get the development Damon gets (because seriously, Damon is the most developed character on TVD,) I just don’t like him as much. Cole and Damon are similar characters but I actually think Damon is the better one (character that is, not better morally or more evil) and is a great “bad boy” type full of wonderful contractions and complexities. I say all this having seen every episode of TVD and Charmed and recalling fondly seasons 3-5 1/2 of Charmed as well as the cameos Cole got when Piper was in her coma thing and when Billy Zane’s character retaught Phoebe about love.

Comment by Andy – July 25, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I picked Cole because he really is the ultimate bad boy for me. Cole also did everything for the woman he loved (Phoebe). From choosing to work with the sisters to becoming human to becoming the Source (BTW, again it was for Phoebe) to getting killed to getting new powers for Phoebe to trying to kill himself so he wouldn’t hurt Phoebe again, Cole’s goals from late season 3 on were solely for Phoebe. I’m not denying that Damon hasn’t done the same things, but he turned a bit too soft for my tastes. Cole, although did turn soft for a brief time, he still became evil yet again and again. I don’t think Damon would ever go evil again.

Cole is just…epic. I know people are probably voting for Damon because he’s hot (let’s face it; he really is hot) but in terms of the definition of a ‘bad boy’, Cole should really take it.

Comment by Jessica Nightflame Desrocher – July 26, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ummm I definitely did not pick Damon because he’s hot. For starters, i don’t think Ian is significantly hotter than Julian. Julian’s pretty much a god, let’s face it. But I picked Damon because he’s well-developed, complex, contradictory, tortured, broken, irredeemable and yet redeemable. He embodies everything I think of a bad boy. Cole was my first favorite character, as I said, I grew up on Charmed, but he never made me feel the way Damon’s character does.
          “Bad boy” is a term open to interpretation. Some people think it’s who’s the most Casanova-like, some people who is the most evil (beyond redemption,) the most violent, and, yes, some even think whoever is the most attractive. However, my interpretation of a “bad boy” is a loner who is misunderstood and yet kind of asking for it. I want a character that can make me angry, depressed and disgusted but still retain enough qualities that I can sympathize and even root for them. Damon does that for me. I think bad boys are not villains or antagonists, which is what Cole was in the beginning and the end (of his life at least, his weird afterlife I won’t speculate on.) Damon started as the lowest of low characters but you always knew there was something more, you hated him but you also saw a chance for him to become better. I look to Damon as an example of nature vs. nurture. Had things been different- had Katherine, his father, whoever really loved him, had his brother not betrayed him nor been a monster right after the transition so they would have stuck together, had Sage not corrupted him, ect. These events shaped him and distorted who he was so while I see flashbacks and see this naive guy with good intentions, I am captivated by the change in him and the possibility of him becoming that man again. These things make him a “bad boy” type to me. That’s my interpretation. Please abstain from superficial assumptions.

Comment by Andy – July 26, 2012 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Thank you for this line: “Misunderstood yet kind of asking for it.” That is EXACTLY why I love bad boys!

Comment by Cass – July 28, 2012 12:05 PM PDT
  • Damon is beating COLE FREAKING TURNER!!!!!! Areeeeeeeee you kidding me! I love TVD and if Damon had remained as cool as he was in Season 1 then I’d understand a little bit more, but kids go watch Charmed seasons 1-5 then the 150th episode and you will see why voting Damon over cool is just not right. Even when Cole looses his powers and falls in love etc he is still NOT a pansy! He is still someone you would not mess with! That is why he is possibly the most awesome bad boy of this bracket. Ok I am very biased as he is my fav TV character of all time, but its because he is always enjoyable to watch. Damon became the most boring character to watch on TVD, from the moment Stefan ran off to eat people with Klaus and Damon was left alone with the misery fest character Elena, even Caroline is more bad ass these days. And on a side note how did Pacey loose to Chuck when he was winning up until yesterday? Can these old WB characters not catch a break against the stupidly written CW ones? Ok rant over sorry I love all shows mentioned and at one point all characters but still some are better than others!

Comment by Kate McKenna (@Katemadeleine) – July 25, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I replied to your thought above. Honestly, I think repeatedly attempting to kill yourself because you can’t handle the pain is a “pansy” move but that’s just my opinion.

Comment by Andy – July 25, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Cole was always bad ass!!!! Damon was turned into a p—- last season to try and pimp Delena. How Cole isn’t winning is a complete mystery to me. He was the freaking “Source of All Evil”!!!! Twice!!!!!

Comment by Kira – July 26, 2012 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I loved Cole, but he got extremely annoying in the later seasons of Charmed when they kept bringing him back. Maybe it’s because I haven’t watched it in a while, but I am just more fond of Damon.

Comment by Lauren – July 27, 2012 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Game of Thrones has a pretty big fanbase, or at least I thought bigger than Justified, so I’m surprised this race is so close at this point. I kind of expected Tyrion to blow Raylan out of the water. Not that I’m rooting for that, my vote will always go to my self-destructive, badass cowboy boyfriend with the hat and the daddy issues. Tyrion is a good choice too though, I wouldn’t be hurt if he won.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – July 25, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The question is…How many GOT fans actually follow TV Line to have that much of an impact on this poll?

Comment by Velvet – July 25, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Anybody Who watches GoT knows that tyrion isn’t even the best bad boy in his own family, let alone all of tv.

Comment by jdstorm – July 25, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Haha, true. Jaime is really growing on me.

Comment by Emily – July 25, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always liked Cole. However, I had to vote for Damon because Cole just didn’t do it for me like Damon.

Comment by Velvet – July 25, 2012 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If U’re choosing Damon U’re a WUSE! Just like Damon. Cool went from happy to hell, the craziest ride ever! that was love. He never went away from his badassnes, when he was bad he made Phoebe mad and in love with him. He CAME back from FREAKING HELL!
    U girls just think with Ure V and not with Ur brain!

Comment by Mare – July 25, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I find it hard to take you seriously- and believe that you use “Ur brain!”- with all your spelling errors. Seriously, you misspelled Cole’s name.

Have you seen the Vampire Diaries? Because happy to hell definitely applies to Damon and he never stopped being a badass, he just stopped killing people (mostly.)

Comment by Jesse – July 25, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damon vs Cole?!? That’s like asking Ice Cream vs Brownies!!!!!

Comment by Ollie – July 25, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • COLE!! Cole must win! Come on! He is the best ever!!! I like Damon, but Cole has got to win!! Everyone vote for Cole and Charmed!!

Comment by Phoebe1_ – July 25, 2012 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cole for the win! I’ve had a crush on him since I was 14-years old. That gives him an edge over everyone :P

Comment by mia – July 25, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Damon, but come on people!! Cole was the source of all evil! TWICE!!

Comment by Becca – July 25, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Choosing between Cole and Damon was the hardest choice yet. But I still went with Damon because even with all the crap thrown at him, he still goes on and deals with it.

Comment by Ann-Clau – July 25, 2012 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Damon Salvatore was really a bad boy, his hands should have MORE AND MORE blood. Now, he’s screaming for a girl and he kills FOR A GIRL. nope. Cole is the best.

And Tyrion Lannister is my second vote!

Comment by Reward – July 26, 2012 12:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has anyone get paranoid after seeing the results and you see that the person youre voting against is like one person ahead, and you think that you accidentally voted for the wrong person without noticing

Comment by Patrick – July 26, 2012 01:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still having a hard time accepting that someone from The Vampire Diaries took out Eric Freaking Northman. Sad face.

Comment by Aprilcot – July 26, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This!!!! Eric would rip out Damon’s heart then lick the blood off his fingers.

Comment by Kira – July 26, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha yeah! Damon Salvatore has taken out Eric ‘Viking’ Northman and Cole ‘Source of All Evil’ Turner! Just shows the tweens own the constant voting on polls!

Comment by Kate McKenna (@Katemadeleine) – July 26, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • damon is my bb, i had to vote for him <3

Comment by giulia – July 26, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raylan vs. Tyrion. This is like Sophie’s choice to me! My two favorite men on TV. Alas I must go with he lanky cowboy over the imp.

Comment by MotorCityMade – July 26, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think everyone should stop complaining about their choice losing to someone who’s in their mind unacceptably inferior in their mind for this competition. For starters, every choice is here because they qualify as a bad boy to some people. Also, evil does not equate to bad boy-ness. The best bad boys aren’t necessarily the most evil. People think characters like Pacey from Dawson Creek are bad boys, it’s all a matter of interpretation. Nor does it matter who would win in a fight. Hello, Barney from HIMYM is in the quarterfinals!

Comment by Lilly – July 26, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The lanky cowboy who plays Harlan Roulette with the Dixie Mafia gets my vote.

Comment by dolphinlights – July 27, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tyrion lost? Whaaaaa?

Comment by saxyroro (@saxyroro) – July 27, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • COLE SHOULD HAVE WOOON. Cole is the bestest anyway, we don’t need a stupid poll! :P

Comment by NiKi (@Phoebe1_) – July 28, 2012 02:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Me gusta mucho la actuación de Julian en la serie de Charmed, es espectacular!!!!, en fin la serie es muy buena!!!!!.

Comment by Karol Salazar Barrantes – August 1, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post