The Glee Project Recap: Tenacious Deeds

glee project top 7 season 2This week’s Glee Project went beyond the stated task of testing the final seven contestants on their tenacity, and turned into a grueling gauntlet that pushed the would-be Damian McGintys to the physical and emotional breaking point.

“Oh no, she’s vomiting with exhaustion!” “That dude might’ve sprained his ankle!” “They aren’t really going to do a 34th take because the girl in the wheelchair can’t make a basket with her back turned to the hoop, are they?” Oh yes, they are.

Anyhow, things kicked off with a shot of Blake in a white shirt that made me realize he’d quite possibly be the best looking guy in the Glee cast if he ends up winning this thing. Plus, we had Lily saying how much she’s grown as a person since the start of The Glee Project, which is hilarious, considering she’s still blaming everyone but herself whenever she underperforms.

Amber Riley popped up as the guest mentor and watched the Top 7 perform Destiny’s Child’s “Survivor.” Shanna, Ali and Aylin brought a little extra moxie to their performances, while Abraham was typically cheesy. Amber gave the win to Ali, who despite being paralyzed from the chest down, moved more than any of her competitors. (Side note: Didn’t Ali look amahhhhhzing during her mentoring sesh with Amber?)

This week’s video found the finalists doing athletic-type stuff and singing “Eye of the Tiger” in a high-school gym. The twist? Director Erik White was shooting in one continuous take, and anytime someone made a mistake, everyone had to go back and start at the beginning. “I will hate the bitch that keeps messing up,” huffed Abraham, as Karma menacingly rubbed her hands together in the background.

In the studio, Abraham’s voice kept cracking like Humpty Dumpty in a nasty hailstorm, while Michael’s vocal performance could best be described as, er, woeful. Honestly, I’m not sure he can actually sing. Finally, when it came time for group vocals, Lily — who described herself as having “an amazing, huge, booming voice” — drowned out her rivals in a stunning display of obnoxia, and then got snippy when Aylin pointed out her volume-control woes (the equivalent of walking into a room and saying “this place is full of oxygen”). Oh, also, Shanna and Blake were amazing as usual.

Watching the actual shoot was pretty exhausting. Since Blake had the opening shot — running up the steps of the bleechers and throwing a ball — he had to do it over and over and over whenever someone else messed up their part and Erik had to start rolling from the very beginning. Interestingly, though, the guy didn’t complain at all. Neither did Shanna as she vomited into a garbage can from fatigue. Lily, on the other hand, whined about needing Aylin’s help for a quick change segment — “the person I do not want to talk to right now has to help me” — while Abraham dramatically twisted his ankle, then declared himself the embodiment of tencacity for not holding up the shoot. (Rule No. 1: Don’t praise yourself; let the judges do it for you!) And then, of course, came the tricky jump-rope sequence, where Aylin, Lily, Michael, and Abraham kept messing up the action, or forgetting to sing while focused on their physical tasks. “They look defeated,” noted choreographer Zach Woodlee, well, because they were.

Finally, poor Ali broke down over the fact that she couldn’t nail the final act of the shoot — landing that backwards basket. (Why she actually had to make the shot was beyond my comprehension…couldn’t the video have ended with the simple toss of the ball going off camera?) In what felt like the most genuine moment of the season, though, Shanna and Blake individually comforted and encouraged their rival, never losing faith she’d get the job done. Ali then was like, “How about you have the other contestants lift me and I’ll dunk it, dumbasses?” Okay, she said it a lot more politely. And that somehow got me rooting for a Shanna-Blake-Ali Final 3. Is it just me?

After 34 takes, the shoot was over. In the final product, Abraham looked like a hobbled zombie jumping rope, Michael’s singing voice didn’t sound particularly good (not even with whatever studio tricks they use to process the kids’ voices), and I got a little stirring in my soul when Shanna delivered her final solo staring directly at Ali. I think this means Shanna has some actual acting skills — and that seems like something that might come in handy should she end up joining the Glee mothership.

The Bottom 3, not surprisingly, turned out to be Michael, Lily and Abraham (thankfully, we were spared a full-on ugly cry from Aylin, who got a last-minute reprieve). Here’s how their last-chance performances played out:

Lily: It was pretty clear that Lily would be called back the minute she tackled “I’m the Greatest Star” with power and pizazz, but honestly, her attitude remains wretched as ever. “I didn’t get the job done and there are no excuses,” she said, moments before blaming Aylin’s “very rude” comments for dragging her down during the shoot. Ryan Murphy has to see this chick would be a nightmare to work with, no? Then again, he’s probably banking on the fact that her rivalry with Aylin will make for some dramatic television in the next week or two.

Michael: His cover of “Brick” was pretty good, even if the verse seemed to be pitched a bit low for him, but I think that shy smile as he finished the performance bought the kid an extra week.

Abraham: Uff da, his rehearsal of “Man in the Mirror” was God-awful, but he strapped on his red platform boots and upgraded his vocals to “passable” when it came time to hit the stage. Then came some painfully awkward exchanges with Ryan. “I’m not using this as an excuse, but…” started Abraham, before the head judge/Glee EP reminded him that anyone using that line is about to make an excuse. Later, as the judges deliberated, Abraham returned the stage and had an “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going” moment. Not literally — although it would definitely have been more entertaining if he’d unleashed his inner Dreamgirl — but rather, he said he wasn’t going home till he won the competition or Ryan Murphy wrote him a role. “I don’t really care about pontification and your place in the world,” said Ryan, who would’ve preferred Abraham to wow him with his talent, not his speechwriting skills. Good point!

And thus, Abraham’s Glee Project journey came to an end, with Lily and Michael living to respectively be annoying/underwhelming another day. There’s no way the winner won’t come from the Aylin-Shanna-Ali-Blake pool, is there? Sound off with your thoughts in the comments!

1. erin says:

An Aylin-Ali-Blake-Shanna final 4 is absolutely what I’m hoping for! I wish they’d do the four winners thing again this season, though I literally think all four of them could become series regulars without a problem. I’d want more than 2 episodes from any of them. I assume Michael is the next to go, followed by Lily.

• matt says:

No Aylin please! She is so obnoxious and if I have to hear one more time about her defying her family, I’ll hurl! Definitely Blake and Ali and either Michael or Shanna.

• erin says:

Michael seems like a sweet kid and all, but his singing needs serious work.

• djm says:

Michael? SERIOUSLY? Sorry, but other than being cute he should have gone home weeks ago. In fact it pisses me off every time he comes on screen because Nellie should still be there over this talent-less hack. Sorry, but doesn’t he know that “Brick” is about abortion? Nope, he just kept smiling through the whole thing like the clueless “performer” that he is.

• matt says:

Honestly, I agree about Nellie. I loved Nellie and Dani both and wish that they were here. However of the contestants left, I cannot stand Aylin or Lily. Hence my saying either Shanna or Michael. And about Brick, I have never heard of it and didn’t know what it was about either, so I might have done the same thing had I been there. Not everyone knows what every song is about.

• Rollin'Stoned says:

Since both Dani and Nellie are gone, I’m just watching to make sure that Lily DOESN’T win.

• Russ says:

Dani went home like week one. people seriously need to get over that. yeah i liked her, yeah i was sad she went home. but she went home.

• Joe says:

Thank you for saying this. My wife & I watched Michael cheerily grin through Brick and wanted to vomit. He had no idea what the lyrics were about and was just trying to cheese his way through the song. Ben Folds deserved better. Someone should’ve told him what the song was about since he couldn’t figure it out.

• Carrie says:

I dunno…with all the anti-muslim b-s being hurled around by the tea party, Ryn Murphy may decide Aylin is a very hot commodity. She has a lot of spunk and I would pick her over Lily any day. Lily is born for Broadway but Glee already has Lea and Amber filling the diva spots – her whining about Ayling “very rude comment” was ridiculous considering that Nikki gave her the same feedback.

• Don Summer says:

I love Aylin. Since Day 1.

2. John Clayton says:

I would have walked off of that challenge. I thought it was asinine to have her NEED to make the final shot, or they’d all have to redo the entire thing. She’s in a wheelchair, throwing a ball over her shoulder. I would have left Glee Project that week. Worst directing decision ever.

• dan says:

The whole video shoot was set up for failure…purposely! My wife and I kept saying “they did this on purpose knowing the kids would mess up again and again” and we kept wondering why it was necessary for Ali to make the final shot. Guess they really were going for “TENACITY” this week. Anybody else wonder why the “candidates” always cheer when the theme for the week is announced? Just once I’d like them to say “what?” and be disappointed in the theme. My wife hasn’t been watching the show (and she stopped watching Glee after Season 2), but she sat down while I was fast-forwarding through parts of the show and predicted Michael would stay just b/c he is cute. Then as soon as Abraham came back to the stage to announce “I’m not leaving” we both said in unison “yes you are!” We have three teenage kids and they all have participated in theatre, yet none of them are as self-absorbed as this bunch. And what is with Shanna’s eyes? Blake or Ali is winning this thing.

• Ryan says:

This! Lily literally had to catch a ball, toss it to Ali, and later (wo)man a jumprope. She wasn’t even moving when she was singing/lip-syncing. And yet they make the girl in the wheelchair hit an awful pitch from Lily, weave backwards through a cone obstacle course, and make a basketball shot backwards over her shoulders. Right. I haven’t been a huge Ali fan, but this week boosted her in my opinion. I have been a huge Michael fan, but he is as underwhelming as they get.
      At this point, I’m guessing:

1. Aylin
      2. Blake
      3. Shanna
      4. Lily
      5. Ali
      6. Michael

3. JVC says:

This should’ve been the season to have more than 1 winner. Blake, shanna, alyin, and ali, it’s hard to pick just one. While I’m rooting for blake to win this thing, i won’t complain as long as they are the final four. Season 1, we should’ve had just one winner because there was just so many characters to juggle for season 3, the actual winners seemed to be background characters most of the time. Maybe for season 2 we could have 1 winner and 1 runner-up, and have the runner-up be in more than 2 episodes. Let’s be honest folks, when he get to the actability episode, who’s most likely to dominate in that episode? Maybe that’s why blake hasn’t won a homework assignment yet.

4. Scott says:

I miss Nellie.

Glad to see Abraham go — he certainly wasn’t going to win, because he has zero camera presence. In a just world, the next two to go will be Lily (I retain hope for her that she’s just getting the obnoxious edit) and Michael. Ali might go too. I don’t see her winning, really.

• dan says:

I think Ali has a decent shot of winning. Just imagine the storyline Ryan could create for her to befriend Artie (for obvious reasons) thus making Tina jealous. Ali’s big problem is that she overacts, but her singing is usually spot on.

• LAR says:

Nellie was good but let’s all admit, she would have been awful on the show. She has an amazing voice and will make a good album one day, hopefully, but everytime she was on camera, she struggled had shifty eyes at the camera. I am rooting for Shanna or Blake, though I can see a character for Blake, not Shanna,

5. Mel31602 says:

Im all for Blake Shanna or Aylin winning but I still don’t get the love for Ali. Her singing voice is annoying to listen to and I don’t think she can do subtle acting. Lily is obnoxious but is more talented and versatile. I’m worried about Shanna tho considering she’s gotten no screen time. Plus it looks like next week she will struggle having to play a lesbian.

6. JVC says:

Forget to mention, next week lily should be sent packing, followed by Michael. Sure he’s been struggling, but at least he’s not making excuses for himself like lily has all season. As for abraham, his time was up. If wasn’t going home this week, he was most likely going home next week. Plus his and i’m telling you moment pretty much sealed his fate. Nice reference to Karma slezak.

7. I think Aylin-Shanna-Blake are locks for final 4, while Lily and Ali are going to fight for the fourth spot. I just think there is a reason why Ryan keeps keeping Lily.

• noa says:

drama. even if he wants Blake or Shanna on the show (which is a good idea…) he still needs to think about TGP as a show in itself. they’re not very interesting as reality characters. so he needs to keep Lily around for a while longer.

• dan says:

Completely true! Blake, Shanna and Ali seem nice enough and all have talent, but none of them are reality show troublemakers. Whether Lily (and Aylin to a lesser extent) are as negative as the editing makes us believe, they create drama for the show.

8. Ryan says:

Did anyone else notice they cut to a second shot at the last moment of that video?

• dan says:

When they told the kids that the video would be one continuous shot, I thought the whole video would be one shot. That clearly wasn’t the case because the first 30 seconds were all individual shots of the “contenders” (who came up with that term for the contestants?). I didn’t notice that the last shot was a different cut, but I was surprised that the whole video wasn’t one complete take (ie: the opening of “Goodfellows” is one of the longest and most famous one-continuous takes used in movies).

9. Janice says:

I pray you’re right for a Blake, Shanna, and Alli finale. I also hope Lily goes home ASAP and Ryan quits forcing her through. Her talent (of which she has some) does NOT outweigh her horrible attitude and unlikeable demeanor!

10. sunshine says:

I think you nailed the top three. It is going to be really hard to choose between them. On a side note, completely from no where, if Nellie could get a really good acting coach, wouldn’t she be a perfect Ana Steele?

11. Madison says:

Actually Shanna leaves next week according to spoilers cause promo shes bottom 3 and she tweeted about going to an airport home a day after the music video was taped

Plus Michael and Blake make finals because we haven’t seen
    -hay scene
    -michael running in the forest

and romanticality has none of that

ps. michael and lily killed We Found Love

12. Emily says:

Whatever. I liked Abraham. I don’t think the producers or judges, whoever is making those godawful decisions, really “got” what Abraham or Nellie were about. Granted, both of them were kind of lost too, but I thought if both of them figured it out, they’d be way more interesting than most of the other contestants. The changing focus of whether you’re supposed to be yourself or if you’re supposed to lose yourself in whatever character they give you is giving me whiplash. Michael is cute, but unless they’re planning on writing him a nerdy character, he’ll just be “the other cute one” as long as Blake is around. Abraham would’ve been more interesting to keep around. I’d rather see him call Lily out (I could not believe they bought her sob story about Aylin’s remark) than a btch fight between Lily and Aylin.

13. Corinne says:

They should have Ali-Blake-Shanna should all win! They need more member in New Directions since a huge amount of people left.

14. Shawn says:

I just love Ali Somehow even tho she is actually handicapped she manages to be more central to the numbers and videos than Artie ever is and although her voice is somewhat high she really does always kill it. as for Lilly did anyone else get flashbacks to Kathy najimy in sister act. Maybe the first time she didn’t realize but once they told her she should have been able to take it down a notch. and does anyone else think that Abraham was forced to go back out and pull his stunt? It just didnt seem natural to him. just thinking that maybe oxygen thought that they needed some more drama on the show

15. Jared says:

Nellie was horrible. Period.

• Ann says:

Nellie had a great voice. The directors kept making her play up her sex appeal. If Ryan Murphy was truly writing a character for a person, he wouldn’t have written Nellie as a sexy vixen. So, it’s okay for someone like Tyler to play a nerdy transgendered character because that’s who he/she is….and it wasn’t okay for Nellie to play a humble shy girl with a big voice? They kept trying to change her into a sexy goddess.

16. MK says:

I have been rooting for Michael simply for his beautiful smile . . . But I cringed when he smiled his way through what is one of the sadest songs I’ve ever heard. Was he not connecting to the song at all? And shouldn’t that have mattered?

17. Katie says:

Did any one else feel bad for michael all episodes when the mentors were basically telling him he wasnt as good as blake. Nikki: blake did good in the studio, ryan: blake wouldnt have messed up jump rope. Those comments were just unncessary and unfair. What does him doin poorly in the studio and messing up jump rope have to do with blake. They are just trying to let into his head and it is working and i feel bad for him because it does look like he is really trying

• Kavyn says:

When I heard all that I thought they were trying to set up his underdog story. Blake’s good, but Ryan was going on about how he’s looking for underdogs (I think he was talking to Lily when she was in the bottom 3 weeks ago). Blake has been top notch each week, but he doesn’t give off that underdog vibe unless if he became another Finn (jock turned glee), but even then that’s just boring and repetitive.

So I figured they’re trying to set up that comparison so that Michael seems like the guy that isn’t good enough.

• dramaticimpulse says:

Blake can act and has charisma. I think he could actually pull off the “drop-dead gorgeous nerd who doesn’t realize he’s hot.”

• dilia says:

so agreed! im a blake/shanna fan and i think michael isnt that deserving of the win but it felt like they were just breeding resentment and being mean for no reason. when someone is strruggling in the studio it is in no way helpful to say oh yeah, well THIS person was able to do it. not sure what niki thought she was accomplishing there.
      however, im not going to feel to sorry for michael because i think this is all being set up for michael the underdog to come from behind and beat the frontrunner.
      well start to see that next week because i think blake struggles
      blake and shanna for the win!

• MK says:

I have to say, as much as I like Blake and Shanna, I don’t think either of them would have been able to double-dutch and sing to a camera at the same time. I’m not sure ANYONE could do that well. It probably wasn’t fair that Shanna and Blake didn’t have to try it.

• Sookie says:

Totally agree with this! Double Dutch is extremely hard. Once they went to the single rope they got it no problem. Blake ran up steps and threw a ball. Not as hard as Aylin’s jumping 3 hurdles from practically a stand still! And she never missed!
        Also, it looked like they wanted the contenders to come up with their own solutions yet when Charlie came up with different ways to do a scene he was yelled at. And the sadistic “mentors” just groaned that they had to be there so long.
        And I still can’t stand slitty eyed Nikki with her non mentoring sessions in the booth. Seriously? Rolling your eyes when someone hits a note on a song you have just said is not in their range is mentoring?????

18. kavyn says:

I really did not like Abraham, I thought he should have gone home last week over Nellie. Abraham’s personality is not very tv-friendly at all in my eyes, he just comes off as very fake and it irks me that he’s so sensitive about his sexuality and then comes out in platform boots and starts waving his hands around like a diva.

I also dislike Lily immensely, but I thought her bottom 3 chat with the judges was actually pretty comical (except for the Aylin stuff). But she’s 100% going to be a nightmare to work with if she has to constantly put the blame on someone else.

And then with Michael, I don’t know, I don’t hate him… He seems to do better when he sings the full song and not just soundbits for the recording studio, and glee isn’t soundbits so I think he’d do just fine on the show. He does very well (in my opinion) in all of his bottom 3 performances.

There’s something about Blake I don’t like, and I think it’s the constant praise he gets. It’s like he’s not even trying and they praise him for the most minute things. There are times where he sings and it doesn’t fit at all with the tone of the song, yet they say he was the best of the bunch. There’s also very little personality that comes out of him… He just smiles the entire time. I don’t hate him at all, but there’s nothing about him that makes me like him either.

Shanna and Aylin are probably my favourites (I like Aylin the most). She’s very sassy but funny, and not a diva backstage like Lily is. She could easily fit on the show as a minority that has never been seen on glee, and she appears to have both the acting and singing talents the show needs. Shanna on the other hand is the other cast member that gets praised, but she gets praised for sensible things. She also never complains and it’s great.

I don’t have much of an opinion on Ali. I think she has a great personality and she’s a lot of fun to watch, but I don’t think she’s that great of a singer. Her disability would have been great for the show if there wasn’t already a guy in a wheelchair.

19. drinx says:

I think that Michael kid has potential, he may not be the best singer but I think his good acting wise and camera loves him, charming and have star power. he could be great

20. Mara says:

All of that effort for such a terrible music video! It was not worth it, at all.
    The video did not have spark without Nellie (although if she were there I bet they would have put her in a sexy cheerleader outfit, while pushing off the bleachers awkwardly lol).

But seriously Nellie, who has star quality and amazing voice went home instead of Michael (who can’t sing or act) and obnoxious Lily? How is this still possible?!
    I wish they had eliminated Lily and Michael along with Abraham.

• kavyn says:

For real lol, they would have given everyone sweats and put Nellie in a thong and been like:

“Nellie, we need you to show us how sexy you can be while doing 3 backflips, crawling on your hands to the other side of the room and making out with Ali”

21. zakspeak says:

Abraham seemed to get more lost and lose his mojo as the pressure mounted. The kid clearly has no clue who he is and what he wants to be. However he is talented and smart so he has a good chance of making it as a performer.

22. Kobe Busia says:

So this week’s theme was Tenacity and the contenders did really well with the video and Amber Riley proved to be a helpful mentor and once again, Ali was the homework assignment winner, go Ali! So during the video shoot, which was “Eye of the Tiger”, Blake and Shanna were once again flawless and tackled it like it’s nobody’s business, Abraham suffered an ankle injury but persisted anyway, he and Michael were having difficulty with the double-dutch thing, Lily was letting a comment from Aylin about how she was singing so loud get to her and that to me was ridiculous and childish on Lily’s part, and Ali was trying so desperately to make a basketball shot, which in reality wasn’t necessary for her to do. In the studio, the people who struggled the most were of course Michael and Abraham, and Michael is so determined to beat Blake, which just gives off a sign of jealousy. The bottom 3 contenders were Michael, Lily and Abraham, which was very predictable and no big surprise at all. Michael sang Brick by a band called Ben Folds Five, Abraham sang Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson, and Lily sang a song called I’m the Greatest Star from the musical “Funny Girl”. Of the 3, Lily was the best. After though, Abraham came back onstage and insisted that he’s “Not freaking leaving until Ryan Murphy writes him a role on Glee and Ryan said he feels like Abraham is using his bravado and acting like a diva to cover up for why he didn’t bring it hard enough this week. In the end, it was Abraham who got eliminated even though rightfully and logically it should’ve been Michael, who shocks me as to why he’s still in this competition; it’s not that I think Michael has no talent at all, but there’s nothing exceptional about him and Abraham has a more interesting personality and he would fit better on Glee than Michael ever would, and seeing Michael still on the show reminds me that there are and were better guys on this show and it also makes me wish people like Charlie and Mario were still on the show. I’m freaking pissed about Abraham but his outspoken turnaround obviously set him up to be doomed; however I feel like the mentors wanted Abraham off the show so they gave him an extremely difficult song knowing that his voice would crack, and they could’ve been more understanding about his ankle injury. Right now, the final 4 contenders will be Blake, Shanna, Ali, and either Lily or Aylin and Blake will be the overall winner, I can tell you that.

23. Kobe Busia says:

So this week’s theme was Tenacity and the contenders did really well with the video and Amber Riley proved to be a helpful mentor and once again, Ali was the homework assignment winner, go Ali! So during the video shoot, which was “Eye of the Tiger”, Blake and Shanna were once again flawless and tackled it like it’s nobody’s business, Abraham suffered an ankle injury but persisted anyway, he and Michael were having difficulty with the double-dutch thing, Lily was letting a comment from Aylin about how she was singing so loud get to her and that to me was ridiculous and childish on Lily’s part, and Ali was trying so desperately to make a basketball shot, which in reality wasn’t necessary for her to do. In the studio, the people who struggled the most were of course Michael and Abraham, and Michael is so determined to beat Blake, which just gives off a sign of jealousy. The bottom 3 contenders were Michael, Lily and Abraham, which was very predictable and no big surprise at all. Michael sang Brick by a band called Ben Folds Five, Abraham sang Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson, and Lily sang a song called I’m the Greatest Star from the musical “Funny Girl”. Of the 3, Lily was the best. After though, Abraham came back onstage and insisted that he’s “Not freaking leaving until Ryan Murphy writes him a role on Glee!” and Ryan said he feels like Abraham is using his bravado and acting like a diva to cover up for why he didn’t bring it hard enough this week. In the end, it was Abraham who got eliminated even though rightfully and logically it should’ve been Michael, who shocks me as to why he’s still in this competition; it’s not that I think Michael has no talent at all, but there’s nothing exceptional about him and Abraham has a more interesting personality and he would fit better on Glee than Michael ever would, and seeing Michael still on the show reminds me that there are and were better guys on this show and it also makes me wish people like Charlie and Mario were still on the show. I’m freaking pissed about Abraham but his outspoken turnaround obviously set him up to be doomed; however I feel like the mentors wanted Abraham off the show so they gave him an extremely difficult song knowing that his voice would crack, and they could’ve been more understanding about his ankle injury. Right now, the final 4 contenders will be Blake, Shanna, Ali, and either Lily or Aylin and Blake will be the overall winner, I can tell you that.

24. Joe says:

I have to say, Lilly kicked ass on her last chance song. She is very talented. She’s more talented than Aylin without a doubt. Aylin is very one note. That being said, Ali & Blake are the stars. At first, I wasn’t seeing Ali possibly being right for this, but now I’m rooting for her. She’s a true pro, she has talent and she’d be incredibly inspiring as an actor with a disability. They have to put her on the show. Maybe not as telegraphed as Artie’s love interest, but maybe someone who makes Artie see his situation differently. Shanna is a good little performer but she doesn’t have “it”. The one’s with “it” are Blake, Lilly and Ali. Everyone else is a little meh. Nellie had “it” by the way. The camera LOVED her and she had the best voice, but they had their reasons and I don’t think she’d beat Blake in the end. Blake is every producer/directors dream. He’s talented, good looking, professional and seems to care about people besides himself. They’d be morons to let him go. He’s going to be a star.

25. Cate53 says:

How is Michael still on this show?? One reason I guess – HE’S CUTE!! Abraham deserved to go too though, weak performance and his limping was very wimpish. That video shoot seemed designed to make them fail and for the mentors to see ow they handled it. However, all Blake had to do was run up the stairs and throw a ball, yet they kept saying how amazing he was cos he could do it over and over. This show is fixed to push the Blake Is Wonderful idea. Nikki praises him every week for not particularly outstanding vocals. I think they made up their minds early they wanted him.
    I find Lily tiresome, but her last chanc performance almost turned me round. She was funny, dramatic and delivered the song brilliantly despite forgetting the words. An obnoxious personality, but Aylin is just as egocentric! Surely the final three will be Shanna, Ali and Blake, but I bet Blake wins. Like Samuel last year, they rarely show him in a bad light.

• Ann says:

I don’t think Nikki and everyone is praising Blake because he has a great voice or anything but that he takes directions very well. Nikki told him to sing a certain way and he did it. He had to run up those bleachers for 34 takes and do that wheelbarrow thingy and did all of that without complaining. That and his good looks is what makes him a director’s dream. I like him because I’ve never heard him complain or talk poorly about another contestant. When he speaks to the camera, it’s always about how he needs to improve himself. I really hope he wins.

26. CJ says:

I love the kids who are left. I was sad to see Nellie go because I think she is an awesome singer. I have to say though that week afer week it is Shanna who just amazes me. She has a superb voice (listen to the song from A Chorus Line again if you don’t believe me)
    I would hate to have to make the decision about who wins.

27. Samantha says:

I miss Nellie’s voice, if not the rest of her. Blake may be kind of rocking this thing, but I do want to say this at least once: his singing voice is extremely dull. It sounds exactly like his talking voice: bland city. It’s gonna bore me to tears on Glee. I love Michael’s singing voice. And the whole “I think math is sexy” thing is very Glee. I don’t want to like Ali, because I can’t stand her singing voice, but I’m liking her more each week. Aylin might be in trouble with Ali building momentum and Lily out to get her. I hope Lily goes home soon. Very soon. She’s like Lindsay (or whatever her name was) from last year only without the talent. Eventually she’ll be in the bottom 3 again and crying and mentioning her weight won’t be enough to stop her from getting cut. . .right?

28. Allyson says:

Did anyone count how many times they said the word tenacious? It seemed like they were determined to not let you forget what the theme was for the week. Anyway, why do they keep Lily? She has the worst attiude of them all. How can you trust she will be professionl if she wins. I hope not. I like Ali and Blake the most.

29. Lyn says:

Rooting for Shanna & Blake. Sometimes I think Ali over does it with her facial expressions.

30. Carda says:

I don’t see ANYTHING in Michael and I’m really furious with Ryan each time he keeps Michael and kicks somebody like Nellie or Abraham!
    I don’t get it. He has a completely boring voice and delivers merely what is asked of him but nothing more, he bores me to hell. But maybe this is exactly why Ryan wants him for Glee, he’s as boring as the whole of Season3 was!

31. Lois says:

I’m definitely Team Aylin for the win, I think the editing of the show makes her look a little worse than she is. She’s really cute and yes maybe a little bitchy at times, but it is a competition and not everyone can get places in life by being nice. At least she doesn’t use other people for excuses like Lily does, if they criticize Aylin she accepts it and tries to work on it. I think the fact that she made it through every take without knocking down any hurdles is fantastic.
    Whilst I like Ali as a person and an actress, I really can’t stand her voice and I haven’t since the Edge of Glory music video. It’s just too nasally for my tastes and I don’t want to hear it on Glee.
    Michael has a lot of problems, but I’d believe him more as a character on Glee than Blake. I just think Blake is TOO perfect for a show like Glee, like Ryan says, I wouldn’t ‘root for him’. But Blake is hella talented and she definitely get something out of this show.
    Shanna is at a disadvantage at this point in the competition because she’s never done a Bottom 3 performance, so Ryan hasn’t been able to get a grasp on her as an actress, singer and performer. And there’s definitely a chance she might get ‘Marissa-ed’ next week, especially when Romanticality is likely to be something Shanna struggles with (based on her smiling and laughing too much in Sexuality week).
    I liked Abraham, but he shot himself in the foot (I just realized how wrong that sounds with his ankle problem haha!) by going back on stage and saying he wasn’t going. He might’ve actually stayed over Michael if he hadn’t have done that.

32. Ketiou says:

Is it just me or is Blake the absolute opposite of what Glee represents? Don’t get me wrong, he has movie star good looks and some talent to boot, and seems like he is a nice guy but that’s the thing. He has nothing underdog about him. Everything is picture perfect. It doesn’t seem like he has had to over come some sort of struggle, he doesn’t have a strange personality quirk that sets him apart. He just looks good on camera. What role could they write for him? The only thing I can think of is if he was another jock turned Glee member but like someone already said, that’s old and predictable. It probably depends on how well he can act, but it would be nice to see him play a role completely opposite of what you would expect him to play. I want Shanna to win because she constantly impresses me with her talent and vigor each and every week. The only problem is all the interesting people who were talented are gone, and all the plain and boring people with talent are still here. No one really peaks my attention when I look at the cast right now. I love Shanna but even she seems dull to me. It really is going to come down to actibility.

• E says:

Except there are perfectly talented and attractive people that participate in Glee clubs/show choirs all the time. HS kids have issues/challenges/growing to do, no matter how good looking they are. Frankly, I’m a little put off by the idea that you have to write the backstory FOR Ryan Murphy or your shouldn’t be considered.

I’d love to see more acting-centric challenges. Maybe next week will bring some of that.

• Ann says:

I think he can be the new Golden Boy of McKinley since Finn is gon. People think he has it all because of his good looks but he joins Glee to prove that he is more than just a jock and suprises everyone that he has the talent to sing (oh wait…I think this is High School Musical’s storyline). But anyways…a good writer as Ryan Murphy thinks he is, should be able to put a good backstory together for a character, no matter how pretty or ugly or fat. None of the people on Glee are ugly, by the way. Kevin McHale who plays Artie can walk in real life. I don’t think the girl who plays Brittany is dumb. Quinn was pretty but had a good backstory, etc. What you need from the Glee Project winner is a person who can act so that whatever character is created, he’d be able to play it well and Blake has the most experience at that of all the remaining contestants.

33. Tiff says:

I think next week will be more acting-centric.

There’s no chance that it won’t be an Aylin-Ali-Shanna-Blake final four. Michael has to go – his version of Brick was passable, but honestly, he should have been gone weeks ago. Lily saved herself with her version of “I’m the Greatest Star”, but the ATTITUDE! Aylin is ten times the performer she is.

I really think it will be Ali, Shanna and Blake competing for the role. I really want Shanna to win, because I feel like last year’s winners were male-heavy, but I can’t deny that Blake is good-looking and seems like he would fit in to Finn’s position on the show. From a diversity standpoint, it would be nice if Aylin could make it in, too.

Let’s see how the acting goes. I feel certain that Blake is the best actor, although I think Ali could be cute and hilarious if she tones things down a bit.

34. akismet-0236e6261c80d1bce5cb21b0087addbd says:

What baffles and depresses me about this show is that of the 6 who are left, several epitomize bland. Blake, who had amazing chemistry when paired with Nellie, has never stood out for good or bad on his own. He’s never won a homework assignment or been called to the bottom three, pretty much coasting through the middle while everyone else is picked off. Apart from winning the homework the first week, Shanna’s just as bad. She may be the most forgettable female contestant remaining! Michael’s not much better, even though he’s survived several last chance performances.

At least the others have something going for them. Ali has personality and talent, and is definitely a strong contenders with multiple homework wins and no last chance performances. Aylin has a spark, and a range. Lily… Lily is a fantastic performer and a talented comedienne and a heck of an entertainer. And then she displays these massive diva drama moments that constantly threaten to sink her.

Frankly, based on Ryan Murphy Logic, the final contenders will probably be Blake, Ali, Lily. Blake will bland his way into the final three, Ali will survive due to tenacity, and Lily will fight and fight and fight with amazing last chance performances, while everyone else fails to match up. Michael’s singing isn’t quite up to par, and neither Aylin nor Shanna have what it takes to overshadow Lily and Ali.

I miss Nellie so much. :(

35. tim says:

spoiler bottom 3 this week Blake Aylin and Shanna. Shanna eliminated.

36. Lynn says:

Not everyone on Glee has an absolutely fantastic voice (Harry Shum Jr., Damian McGinty, Vanessa Lengies). But, they still manage to be amongst my favorite characters on the show because of how likable they are. Michael has proven time and again to be easy to work with, funny, enthusiastic, smart, charming, etc. And he’s pretty easy on the eyes. All of the judges have totally fallen in love with him!

Also, Robert and Zach have said that Michael is a good actor who always pops on camera, and isn’t that the most important thing about being on Glee? He has never struggled with the choreography, and received props Dance-ability week.

One of my favorite things about Michael though, is how different his voice is. So it’s not the typical pop voice, or Broadway voice, but why not have something new on the show? It’s got a crazy cool tone to it that I just LOVE!

37. Késsia says: