Pilot Scoop: Kal Penn Joins CBS Comedy Ex-Men

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Kal Penn is one of CBS’ Ex-Men.

The How I Met Your Mother and House actor has landed the co-lead in the Eye network’s comedy pilot from How I Met Your Mother exec producer Rob Greenberg.

The half-hour project centers on a charming twentysomething (Paranormal Activity 3‘s Chris Smith) who, after getting ditched at the altar by his bride-to-be, moves into a short-term housing complex and is befriended by a group of divorced men.

Penn — whose recent ABC comedy pilot, Prairie Dogs, was not picked up to series — plays Gil, a fellow resident of the complex who was caught having the world’s worst affair.

Tags: , ,

Comments (11)

• Isn’t this show already on TV Land and called The Exes?

Comment by Mark Smit – July 25, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! The EXACT same premise. Not that that particular show was the best, but what a joke regardless. Blatant copy. I know many enjoy it, but I can’t stand how I met your mother. 2 reasons I hope this does not work.

Comment by kay – July 26, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Soon we’ll hear about CBS’s “Hot in Cincinnati”

Comment by Hannah – July 26, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this in development for season 2013-2014 or is it picked up and we’ll see it in midseason/summer 2013?

Comment by Lubomir Raykov – July 25, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely hated Penn in How I Met Your Mother.

Comment by Sg.Grant – July 25, 2012 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I couldn’t wait for the day that he got off the show. He just didn’t fit

Comment by Ram510 – July 25, 2012 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The name won’t stick. Marvel is sure to sue. Not that this premise shows a lot of future anyway…

Comment by godzilla's foil – July 25, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A veteran of the failed Obama administration.

Is that an older picture? He looked heavier recently.

Comment by Miffy – July 25, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In your humble opinion. This isn’t the forum for that anyways. It’s about a Kal Penn TV project. No need to bring in your political views and ruin the conversation.

Comment by Matt – July 26, 2012 04:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t like him.

Comment by Mark – July 25, 2012 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! I love him.

Comment by laylagalise – July 28, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post