Fringe Final Season Production Halted While Star John Noble Seeks Medical Help

Fox’s Fringe has stopped production four days into shooting its final season so star John Noble can receive treatment for a medical problem.

During the two-week break, Noble will be treated for a previously existing sleep disorder that was aggravated by a hectic travel schedule in recent weeks.

RELATED | What the Spock?! Fringe‘s Emmy Snubs Are ‘Ridiculous,’ Says Leonard Nimoy

The actor, who plays eccentric scientist Walter Bishop on the sci-fi series, wasn’t present Monday for the show’s panel at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour in Beverly Hills. He reportedly flew to the U.S. from Australia to attend the recent San Diego Comic-Con, then went straight to work on Fringe’s Season 5 last Wednesday. The show shot without him Tuesday before the hiatus decision was made.

RELATEDFringe @ Comic-Con: Final Season Begets Tears and Movie Buzz — Watch the Trailer Here!

Filming is scheduled to resume on Aug. 7, and the Fringe premiere remains slated for Friday, Sept. 28 at 9/8c.

1. Erika says:

I hope he’ll be okay!!

2. Emma says:

Oh my god when I saw “John Noble” and “medical help” in the same sentence my heart dropped through my chest. Glad he’ll be okay!

• Ella says:

Oh my God, me too. So glad it’s not anything truly dangerous. That headline kind of gave me a heart attack.

• Hypey06 says:

Me too! My husband and I are in the middle of watching all the Fringe seasons right now. The thought of losing John Noble is heart breaking. I wish him a speedy recovery.

• Liz says:

OMG me too!! I saw the headline and was like “Whaaat!!”
      Hopefully he gets better soon. Peace out!

3. mia says:

I kinda freaked out when I read the post’s title. But phew, he’s going to be okay.

4. gws! That ridiculous airplane flight + working must’ve taken a huge toll.

5. Good luck to John, hope he is better real soon.

6. Donna says:

I know there are people who are going to be skeptical about this “sleep disorder” thing, but I noticed during some of his interviews at Comic-Con after the Sunday panel, that he seemed a little out of it. He looked exhausted. He did do a lot of stuff at Comic-Con for both Fringe and Dark Matters, he was there for like 3 or 4 days straight doing panels, signings and interviews.

• ben says:

Of course I’m skeptical, clearly the real explanation was a fringe event.

• davej says:

The two Universes are collapsing together and overloading his system!!!!!!

In all seriousness, best wishes for a full recovery Mr. Noble – take all th time you need.

• Elle says:

LOL! Well whatever the reason, I’m glad he is gonna be okay! We love you John!!!!

7. I remember a story by his daughter where she joked about John’s sleepwalking becoming a joke around the house. So I believe the story

8. Deb says:

my heart goes out to Mr. Noble. As a person with insomnia, i can testify how sleep disorders can challenge a person, and I’m sure the stress I’m routinely under is nothing to him. Lets just all hope he gets ALL the help he needs and doesn’t rush it. I would personally rather have Fringe air a little later and have a healthy Mr. Noble than have him push and become seriously ill.

9. PBJ says:

I remember reading an odd anecdote about Mr Noble once, a fan said he met him a couple years ago in a most unlikely place – a hyperbaric oxygen treatment center. At the time I wondered what he was being treated for… maybe had something to do with this.

10. Ace says:

Aw, man, sleep disorders are a huge pain to deal with, and I’m sure all of the travel and hectic press and filming schedules aren’t helping. I hope Mr. Noble finds some helpful treatment and is back at 100% soon!

11. panda says:

Hope Mr Noble feels better soon.

12. Beth says:

Hope you’re feeling back to normal soon, Mr. Noble!

13. John says:

Suffering from emmy nomination withdrawal syndrome.

14. Ray Moyher says:

“Walter is by far the most intreaging charecter on “Fringe”. He is not only brilliant, but also a comic relief with an “in-touch” sense of modern drug use for experientation/relaxation.

Walter is literally on the FRINGE of the social norm.