Buffy-Heroes Showdown, Lost-Walking Dead Duel as Bad Boy Bracket Continues!

Round 3 of TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament continues with four dudes who’ve witnessed some seriously messed-up moments in their time on this planet.

We’ve got Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer fighting Sylar from Heroes, and James ‘Sawyer’ Ford of Lost slugging it out against Daryl Dixon of The Walking Dead.

Every day for the next couple of weeks, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

And if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (54)

• Spike & Daryl FTW

Comment by tvaddict – July 24, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Update the bracket, please!

Comment by J – July 24, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spike and Sawyer!

Comment by Sophie – July 24, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Definitely! Both of them are amazingly well-written bad boys with bad stories, motivation, and personality. Sylar and Darryl are both cyphers (right now at least – I’m hoping for more Darryl in season 3!)

Comment by BriticanNugget – July 24, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! One of them has to win it all.

Comment by Nat – July 25, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sawyer! <3

Comment by Babybop – July 24, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No offense to the losers here, but there’s really no contest today. Results speak for themselves.

Comment by wordsmith – July 24, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Rumplestitskin won at 63%, how come Sylar is marked as the winner?

Comment by Liz – July 24, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 63% was what he won against Gaius!

Comment by LF – July 24, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sylar and Daryl!!!!

Comment by Agnes – July 24, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, so easy! Spike and Sawyer! Swoon, swoon, triple swoon!!!

Comment by katy917 – July 24, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daryl vs Sawyer? it’s like sofia’s choice… TOO HARD TV LINE, TOO DAM HARD.

Comment by florence – July 24, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh my god, you just made my day. I’m not sure if “sofia’s choice” is some sort of reference I don’t get, but I doubt it.

Comment by Sam – July 24, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • she’s referencing a book, actually, about a girl who faces a tough choice of some sort… I never read it but I heard about it. so yeah that’s pretty funny lol

Comment by lucas – July 24, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s suppose to be Sophie’s Choice…which is a movie with Meryl Streep

Comment by KND – July 24, 2012 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aw, poor Daryl, I knew he wouldn’t do well against Sawyer. Too many Lost fans out there. I was a Lost fan at one time, but I was probably the only Lost fangirl that ever lived who wasn’t into Sawyer. That’s just not my type at all.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – July 24, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are not alone, I was not ever really into Sawyer, although I did enjoy when he used old lady glasses for reading. I don’t know how he is beating Daryl, there is no other person I would want more on my side in a zombie apocalypse.

Comment by CR – July 24, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree with you. Watched every season of Lost and never warmed to Sawyer. And it’s clear to anyone who’s seen Daryl rockin his sweet ear necklace that the dude is the biggest bad ass of all bad boys.

Comment by tripoli – July 24, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will always only know Norman Reedus as one of the Boondock Saints. Loved his chemistry with his “brother” Sean Patrick Flanery.

Comment by ninamags – July 24, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THAT’S why daryl looked so flicking familiar! I met them at comic-con 2yrs ago

Comment by kristy – July 24, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spike and Sawyer!

Comment by MoxieSue – July 24, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spike and Sawyer easily!

Comment by Miles – July 24, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spike and Sawyer!! I like Daryl too.

Comment by Adam – July 24, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • after Logan lost his battle, i’m supporting Spike now all the way.

Comment by noa – July 24, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This tournament is becoming increasingly stupid. These match-ups are supposed to get closer as we progress, not more disparate, as these initial poll numbers seem to indicate.

Comment by Emily – July 24, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daryl *0* sempre

Comment by jessie – July 24, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon all the way baby!!!!

Comment by nikki shaygurl – July 24, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Where is the “Like this comment” – button! :D Daryl Dixon is the best! <3

Comment by Vipetsu – July 26, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blah Sylar is one of the ultimate baddies and he’s going to get taken out. This whole competition has not been on par to the other ones because of the disparity in the shows that people have actually seen.

Comment by Danielle H – July 24, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s exactly because I’ve seen both Buffy (and Angel) and Heroes that I’m voting for Spike. The quality of writing on those shows can be expressed something like this: Buffy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Heroes. Spike is one of the best written and acted TV characters of the last decade, with an amazing character arc and complexity. Sylar was rather well acted but one-dimensional in S1 and later terribly written, since the Heroes writers had no clue what to do with him, or any of the characters really.

Comment by timetravellingbunny – July 25, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you 150%. James Marsters did a beautiful job with Spike. Like he\’s said, the writers can tell him what to do and what to say, but he\’s the only one who can make the audience love the character. And yeah… he nailed it.

Comment by Danielle – July 25, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I would also question the quality of Zachary Quinto’s performance. Every word that drooled out of his face sounded 20% menacing, 70% trying to sound sexy but failing and 10% Buddy Cole from Kids in the Hall.

Comment by TigerNightmare – July 26, 2012 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • While James could make even the most innocuous phrase sound sexy or menacing, depending on the situation at the time. Not that you’d really need to listen to him, you could pretty much watch his every appearance in the series with the sound turned off and still know exactly what was happening just from his facial expressions and body language. But, of course, why deprive yourself of the sound of his voice? I mean, honestly?

Comment by Danielle – July 26, 2012 07:03 AM PDT
  • Spike and Sawyer!!!

Comment by Amy – July 24, 2012 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So it’s basically gonna be Dean vs Damon? Boring.

Comment by Nick – July 24, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And this comment has what exactly to do with this poll…? Neither Dean nor Damon are in these polls here.

I’m hoping that it won’t be Dean vs Damon because Spike is a much better character than Damon. Though TVD is tough to beat due to being a current show with an ardent fanbase.

Comment by timetravellingbunny – July 25, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad Sylar is losing to the more worthy character this time.

Comment by TigerNightmare – July 24, 2012 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very difficult choice. I like Spike more, yet Sylar was possibly one of the best TV villains of all time. I guess it comes down to whatever your personal definition of “bad boy” is for these type of poles. I ended up voting for Sylar even though Spike was probably my second favorite Buffyverse character. (I really liked the later, toughened up version of Wesley.)

Comment by The Squatch – July 24, 2012 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spike is the best!

Comment by Rainbow puke ✿ :3 (@GabbySixx_) – July 24, 2012 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry for Sylar but Buffy and her enemys will always be in my heart <3 so: I've just voted 4 Spike and sawyer.

Comment by Reward – July 25, 2012 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hahaha, Spike vs Sylar !
    I wasn’t the biggest fan of Spike (i liked him but he wasn’t my favourite character of the Buffyverse), but he actually is the ultimate bad boy.
    And Sylar was really lame.

Well, at least it was an easy choice !

Comment by French – July 25, 2012 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I would vote for Spike over anyone

Comment by Amber – July 25, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spike and Daryl, no doubt about it.

Comment by Lore Krajsman – July 25, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, Sylar. Despite my love for you, Spike just is the epitome of a bad boy to me.

Comment by em – July 25, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go! Spike! Go!

Comment by Fanya – July 25, 2012 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And the contest is officially ruined for me. While I love Sawyer, in no way shape or form does he beat Daryl MF Dixon!

Comment by Rain – July 26, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spike and Sawyer–easiest decisions I’ve had to make in this contest so far. (And I did love poor Sylar, but there’s no way he should even have made it this far rather than Rumpelstiltskin.)

Sawyer VERSUS Spike? Now that one will be a heartbreaker.

Comment by km – July 26, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daryl & Spike

Comment by Vipetsu – July 26, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sylar is HOT as a Villain, but SPIKE is JUST HOT PERIOD. All that BAD Boy attitude, accent and all. lol.

Comment by Lili Miranda – July 27, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post