TV's Best Bad Boy? Men of Sherlock, White Collar, Supernatural and Veronica Mars Compete!

Round 3 of TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament continues with a quartet of guys who take what one might call an unconventional route to getting the job done.

Today’s bouts include Supernatural‘s Dean Winchester against Sherlock‘s titular crime-solver, and White Collar‘s Neal Caffrey fighting Veronica Mars‘ Logan Echolls.

Every day for the next couple of weeks, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

And if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now ready, set, vote!

1. Lala says:

Team Dean!

2. hoooow on earth are logan and sherlock losing?

• Elizabeth says:

My thoughts exactly.

• Danielle says:

Dean’s been to hell, tortured souls. Of course he’s winning. Charmed’s Cole is the only one who could top that.

I mean, yes, Sherlock is a better show, but this tournament isn’t about that.

• Juliet says:

No, this tournament is about which guy is the hottest, if their character is likeable, and whether their show is popular or not. Let’s not pretend it’s anything else.

• Chelsea says:

Sherlock is up against Dean Winchester. The Supernatural Fandom do there best to not let there boys lose.

• Dani says:

Because online polls are driven by an obsessive “team” mentality rather than an honest evaluation of the merits of each contender? It’s like the Teen Choice Awards vs the Oscars- they are not judging based on the same criteria. Resign yourself to it, because it won’t change. In consolation, which of those men will be at the Emmy’s this year? That, my friend, is winning.

• AMR says:

You mean the same Emmys that nominated American Horror Show as a miniseries? Speaking of winning, did you notice that I did not put an apostrophe in the word Emmys just because it was plural?

• And that obsessive team is the Supernatural fans, right? That is the devotion of their fanbase. And being bitter about it is not going to help you! And watch out – you ‘ll be hearing about Jensen Ackles in particular for years to come and he will be winning awards when he leaves the small TV channel that his show is on!

• Deena says:

Because Neal Caffrey is just all sorts of awesome. And a bit of a bad boy too. He is a master con artist and thief after all.

• You mean LOST!!! :D And that would be because the other guys are better! I would think that’s pretty self explanatory. Nobody beats Dean anyway! And this is a one-vote-only poll so those complaining that SPN fans are devoted enough to vote multiple times, sorry but that one doesn’t stick this time!

3. Temis says:

Sorry Sherlock fans your boy is up against one of the two eventual finalists. It’ll come down to Dean vs Damon.

• AJ says:

I can also see Dean vs Spike

• Sarah says:

Dean vs. Spike would be great (although Logan and Spike are my ideals), but the teen vote will insure a Dean vs. Damon. They have to vote for what they know and all they know is Damon.

• AnnClau says:

I think you might be right, but I really hope Spike still wins. Though I don’t know about Dean, I haven’t had time to check out Supernatural yet, but looks good.

4. Chelsea says:

So hard to choose. I mean seriosuly, Sherlock & Dean against each other. I have to stick with my biggest fandom family. Dean it is. And then of course it is going to be Neal over Logan. Neal is the best bad/good guy out there. ^.^

5. Sally says:

This round is brutal.

6. Ace says:

Aw, man, this is a really tough one.

7. Tia says:

Neal vs Logan, This is a hard choice.

8. Samantha says:

Team DEAN!!!! We supernatural fans never leave our boys alone!!!! <3

9. Tricia says:

I know Neal’s been to prison, but Logan’s the clear choice here. I mean, when we last saw him, he took a baseball bat to a cop car so he could be put in a holding cell with the guy who tried to rape his ex-girlfriend. It’s a shame this is coming down to viewership. But I don’t know what I would do if I had to choose between him and Dean…

• Actually, it’s even better – when we last saw him, Logan was beating up the son of a Russian mobster to punish him for publicly humiliating Logan’s ex-girlfriend – and not giving a damn when the mobster’s son was threatening him that he’s a dead man.

10. Elle says:

Team Dean ALWAYS.

11. KS says:

It’s hard to get more tortured than Logan Echolls. He probably couldn’t handle winning this bracket anyhow.

12. EveatEden says:

Neal vs. Logan is ROUGH! Love them both!!!

13. Tenney says:

I watch Sherlock but I couldn’t vote for him – he’s so unlikable. To me he’s not a bad boy, he’s a condescending know-it-all.

I had to vote Logan over Neal. I’ve watch White Collar since season one and Neal has lost a lot of his bad boy edge. Logan will probably lose to Neal because Matt Bomer is so popular now, by Logan will always be the misunderstood bad boy.

14. Jenny says:

It’s all about Sherlock for me. Love him!

15. dude says:

TEAM NEAL!

16. Livia says:

Dean vs Sherlock?!?!?!?!

Neal vs Logan?!?!?!?!

AAAARRRRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!! How am I supposed to choose?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

17. Ashley says:

Neal and Sherlock, no contest. How can Sherlock be losing? I mean, I get that there are a lot of Dean/”Supernatural” diehards out there, but Dean isn’t even the baddest boy on the show!

• Sue says:

Dean is definitely the baddest boy on the show. And the guy from Sherlock is I don’t know what he is. I watched it and didn’t care for it.

18. Amy says:

Dean and Neal…although I struggled a bit with Neal v. Logan. Loved Logan on VM, but have to give the edge to Neal.

19. of course Dean is winning.. people tend to like a show more when it’s been on since forever.. I’m team Sherlock, of course. Mr. Cumberbatch adds depth to an intentionally unlikable character.

20. verybookish says:

Favorite bad boy: still Brian Kinney.

21. maggie says:

Neal and Sherlock!

22. Jenn says:

Deanis winning because Supernatural fans are 12 year olds vote in polls all day – LOL

• Except I’m 43 years old and I have more important things to do all day, like care for my elderly parents. I’m already working, just have a bit right now while I wait on the laundry. Yes, I voted for Dean, because he’s been to Hell and back – literally – and he’s seen and done things that are pretty darn unspeakable. Sherlock just likes to make sure everyone knows he’s smarter than they are.

• AMR says:

Amen. I’m 41, have two jobs, two kids, foster pets, and a host of other issues, and I came to vote… can’t do the all day thing. However, while I’m here, I’ll vote for Dean because he’s the ultimate bad boy – tough exterior with a compassionate, courageous heart. Plus he drives the best car and likes Metallica. You can’t go wrong with that.

• Sunset says:

One vot per IP address. I doubt alot of 12 year olds would be able to find a way around that. Don’t hate. It’s not nice.

• Elena says:

I am 38 years old and I vote for Dina. The show has won a victory at the Teen Choice Awards, because long ago addresses adult issues. Dean not only preys on the demons, but defeats the demons inside himself, constantly evolving, proves that people above all supernatural creatures that only love can save the world. The character is played. And to talk about their favorites, well, not necessarily vilify others it’s embarrassing!

• I’m 38 thank you – and this is a one-vote-only poll! Honestly, such bitter losers here!!

23. rta says:

Dean and Neal FTW! Bad boys don’t need to be violent like Logan, they can be smart bad boys and Neal is the smartest character by far. And Bomer is the hot, hot, hottest so that helps!!

24. I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) says:

Dean and LOGAN!

25. darcywilson says:

Although I voted for Dean, I wasn’t expecting him to be ahead!!
    And GO NEAL!!!!

26. laylagalise says:

Neal’s great and all, but Logan really is more of a bad boy. Neal’s too much of a man to embody bad boy recklessness.

27. noa says:

how is Logan NOT winning??!!

28. Andie says:

COME ON LOGAN!!!

29. Artemis says:

Team Dean all the way.

30. murley says:

I’m sorry, Neal over Logan? This is absurd.

31. Isabelle says:

Dean and Neal hot lord talk about heaven. They are my top two favs.

32. MAS says:

I thought Logan was the clear choice. Love White Collar, but Logan…no contest.

33. Krista says:

You can see from the brackets they’re trying to get a final of Dean vs. Damon. They wouldn’t have put all the other awesome characters against Dean otherwise (Mal, Captain Jack). Though Sylar better beat that vampire dude if they come down to it…

34. Aurora says:

TEAM LOGAN & SHERLOCK!
    Harbouring all the resentment for his father because of all the beatings and torture that he put him through Logan channels this and beats those who offend him to a bloody pulp. The show was only on for 3 seasons and it would make me cringe the way he would beat those guys.
    You don’t have to worry about Sherlock he probably knows ways to disable his opponent that you wouldn’t believe!
    The voting is going to be swayed by the audience of course. I’ve watched all of these shows. Some voters maybe a couple.

35. Sarah says:

Team Sherlock!!!

36. Melody Paris says:

Dean was easy choice, but I had a harder time choosing between Logan and Neil. Ultimately they are both good boys, but each has done some pretty bad things. Hmmm.

37. Kassie says:

Evil is making me choose between Sherlock and Dean.

-feels heart being ripped in two-

38. EC says:

Neal vs. Logan = hardest choice in the tournament for me by FAR! I love me some Matt Bomer but ultimately had to go with Logan!

39. A says:

YES that Dean is winning but how can Logan be losing?!

40. sarah says:

Team Neal all the way!

41. AT says:

Definitely Dean and Logan.

42. Kira says:

Dean and Logan FTW!

43. Ella says:

Dean Winchester all the way! I do find it funny though, that Dean is technically a bad boy even though he was always the GOOD son. Sam was the rebel where their father was concerned. Kudos to Supernatural for not having one-dimensional characters.

44. PhantomPhlyer says:

Logan will always be my quintessential bad boy! Oh VM how I miss you!!

45. Kate says:

Dean, of course

46. Sunset says:

Doesn’t get any badder than torturing human souls in hell (though I understand why he did it). Who knows what’ll happen in Purgatory. Dean Winchester all the f*cking way!

Oh, Logan, HOW are you losing?

47. Elena says:

I am 38 years old and I vote for Dean, I watched Sherlok. While you were watching Supernatural? I think not. Otherwise you would know that the show is not focused on adolescents, evidence that losing streak at the Teen Choice Awards, the teens ignored the show and the cast. The show tackles sliškov adult problems. Dean only preys on the demons, but destroys them inside himself, he decides to not only the global problems of world scale, but is growing as a person, as a person. Dean argues that if a person was able to remain a human, then such a person above all supernatural creatures. Jensen Ackles is the underrated actor on TV, because he created for the Oscars!

• Ema says:

Yes exactly. I know a lot of Supernatural fans who have watched Sherlock, have a lot of Sherlock fans watched Supernatural and more than once? If not, they have no right to judge that Dean Winchester somehow isn’t worthy of the vote.Which isn’t to say they have no right to vote for Sherlock as the character they know and love, but it’s pretty rich to criticize those voting Dean if they’ve barely seen him. Ackles is an excellent actor who has managed to imbue his leading character with a lot of complexity and subtext over nearly 150 episodes. Love Sherlock and think Cumberbatch has been amazing, and he’s been great in other roles too, but lots of characters can be “great” if the character only appears 3 times a year. :)

48. dana hutto-vallejo says:

Dean Winchester <3 all the way;)

49. hannah says:

of couse TEAM DEAN and TEAM NEAL !! =)

50. Elmeco says: