Exclusive

Exclusive: Eileen Davidson on Her 'Heartwarming' Days Return and Kristen's Scenes With [Spoiler]

It’s no secret that suds fave Eileen Davidson is headed back to Days of Our Lives this October after nearly 14 (!) years away, but little is known about what’s behind her villainess Kristen Blake’s Salem homecoming — until now.

Has the (reformed?) troublemaker turned over a new leaf? How did she get off that island? And, most importantly, will the actress be reviving any of her alter-ego’s alters?

RELATED | Days Vet Peter Reckell to Exit

TVLine hit the set of the NBC soap to chat exclusively with Davidson about all of this and more, and what she had to say about present-day Kristen — who has, apparently, undergone “years of intensive therapy” — might really surprise you.

Press PLAY below for some extra-sudsy scoop, and then hit the comments with your thoughts on the Days ahead for Davidson.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Daytime TV, Exclusive, Interviews, Previews, Scoop

1. George says:

Love me some Eileen Davidson!

Y&R’s loss is certainly DAYS gain..

• Mia says:

amen!!!

• JOHN says:

Love Eileen Davidson and very happy she is returning to the show. I waited almost 14 years for her to return. I dont think no one would have believed when she left in 1998, that she would have return back in 14 years. This is amazing news. Can’t wait to see her back as Kristen after so long. I love the directing style back in the 90’s. I hope the writters can follow similiar writing style, this would absolutely boost the show again to the top. This is one of Daytime most beautiful and talented legend coming back home to salem after so long. I like the fact that she mentioned that Kristen has changed after therapy in Europe. This is good news.

• JOHN says:

She was great as Ashley on Y and R, because i am a big Y and R, fan, but i like her as Kristen. If she ever left Days again , then Y and R would be the ideal place to return. She is good no matter what role she played. I love Kristin though.

2. YowzaPowza says:

This brings back memories. I literally haven’t watched Days in about twelve or thirteen years. I might check it out again.

3. Nathan says:

I will be watching Eileen on Days. And I have to say I am so happy that she enjoys the gay storyline with Will as much as some of us out there and hopes it continues.

4. Maria says:

I’m sad thT she is leaving the young and the restless
    Going to miss you

5. Sam says:

we will see her with John, Marlena, Ej, kate and Chad..GREAT !

6. Kate says:

Great interview, Meg! I can’t believe it has been 14 years since Eileen has been on the show! Brings me back to lunch breaks in college, watching John, Marlena, Kristen and Sami, Lucas, Carrie, Austin and Mike.

7. When last we saw Kristen she was sold into that harem when she was trying to sell Susan into white slavery but got switched, they so better explain how she got out of that.

• B says:

Wait…really? I used to watch this some in college (and my mom always loved talking about it whenever I was home for a visit and she was watching) but that was 15 years ago, and all I remember is her weird, buck-toothed alter ego. So…did the rest of that really happen? Though I suppose I can’t be surprised with anything a show with a long arc about Marlena’s possession by the Devil, and Carly being buried alive that time…

• I remember that switch! Maybe we’ll think it’s Kristen BUT it’ll end up being SUSAN!! That’s what they should do!

8. ChrisGa says:

Eileen Davidson is not only quite possibly the most gorgeous woman in daytime but she’s also one of it’s best actresses. If TPTB don’t drop the ball, her return could prove huge for Days.

9. Liza says:

I am sooooo excited for her return to Days! She is an awesome actress and I am eager to see what she brings to the table with her character without all the crazy, way out there storylines. I’ve wanted her to come back for a long time but thought it would never happen!

10. Lisa says:

Love her! Thanks for posting!

11. Eric says:

Can’t wait for Eileen’s debut!!! October can’t come quick enough!!! A reason to watch Days again! I will miss her on Y&R, but as long as Eileen is on the tv screen!!!

12. Stacyh says:

Her face looks very different.

13. Angela says:

Great interview Meg! I’m really looking to her return. I’m loving the show right now and this can only make it better!!

14. Samantha says:

I love what she said about Wilson stuff. Bring it on!

15. dryedmangoez says:

Awesome to see Eileen back on Days!

16. I loved her with John more than Marlena. I even liked her when she was crazy. I’m looking forward to this.

17. Haley says:

I HATE Bo is leaving! Days without hope and Bo = no days!!! I have watched for 20 years!

18. Christine says:

I can’t believe they let Bo go. That is ridiculous!

19. Jeannie says:

All I remember is ” Kristisn is just mean mean mean” lol
    Welcome back. Can’t believe Bo is leaving! R they replacing him??

20. Donna says:

I’ve been a fan of Days since college days (70s).. I just have one question and it’s been bugging my daughter and me .. What is it with Kate’s BLUE streak in her hair.. I need to know

• Megan says:

Supposedly she was a big fan of Adam Lambert when he was on American Idol and added the blue streak to her hair as a sign of support. Apparently she liked it so much, she decided to keep it.

21. Marie Dodge says:

I am very sadden to hear of all the changes going on , on Days. I have watched this show since I was very young, and while it has had it’s ups and downs, this has got to be the worst decission that the directors have made. I am glad to see old members come back , however letting other great actors go is a nightmare.
    It is going to be a sad thing not to watch the show, but if alot of the best actors leave then guess I will have more time during the day.

22. Suzi Mesojednik says:

I can’t see me watching Days without Bo. Big mistake!!

23. Robin says:

DOOL without Bo no way

• I’ve been watching for 34 years and no it wont be the same without Bo. He’s one of my favorite characters along with Steve (Patch) Johnson. why so they have to take away the good characters/ Get rid of Gabi or Celeste. Days ca live without them.

24. Nancy says:

I hate it that Bo is leaving Days because the show will never be the same without him They have gotten rid of all the good people of the show.

25. Pam says:

I don’t want Bo to leave the show will not be the same

26. wendy dickel says:

Very sad to see Bo leaving DOOL. Have been watching since 1975.have haf some good laughs with Bo and Hope,going to miss him.hopefully the exec.at DOOL will try everything to keep Peter Reckell

27. Steve Ungrey says:

Great article, Megan, but not enough to make me stick around. As of September 27 I am giving up on Days after over 25 years of regular viewing.

What the fans of this show have gone through in the last couple years has been nothing short of pathetic. Stories wander listlessly, often with strong beginnings but no middle or end. And the cast changes… God, the cast changes alone. Since last summer we have lost Crystal Chappell (Carly), Louise Sorel (Vivian), Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe), Patrick Muldoon (Austin), Christie Clark (Carrie), Sarah Brown (Madison), Ian Buchanan (Ian) and Matthew Ashford (Jack).

Three other actors, Renee Jones (Lexie), Molly Burnett (Melanie) and Peter Reckell (Bo) are leaving of their own accord or are gone already.

What reason is there to watch anymore? No, Days, I prefer to quit while I am ahead and remember the good times. I think the sand is about to run out.

28. Angela says:

I have watched days for 35 years , I think its a big mistake to let Bo and Melanie both go. Whats up with that? Wake up before its to late. Let Gabi or Andrew go instead.

29. Brent says:

I hate when people post “oh they shouldn’t let this person go” like the actor has no say in whether they want to leave or not, or the show has endless amounts of money to keep them there. Peter Reckell said it was his choice to leave the show, not like he was forced out of it or something. And the actress who portrays Melanie said the same thing, so stop getting your panties in a bunch people. As for Eileen Davidson coming back, I too have been waiting fourteen years for this. She ended up being the only reason to watch Days back when it started losing its sparkle around 1998ish. I like that in the interview they kept commented on what a different show it is now, definitely doesn’t flow as smoothly as it did under James E Rielly’s deft hand. But I will be watching every episode Kristen is in. Maybe she’ll spark some new life into the stories.

• Steve Ungrey says:

A good post, Brent, but the reality is that’s the network’s calling. If you’re seriously interested in saving the show, NBC, why didn’t you dump a little money back into the budget? It wouldn’t have kept Renee or Molly around but it might have enabled them to keep Peter. And what they did to Sarah Brown was a disgrace.

I wish Days the best of luck. Until it’s determined who really runs this show (Ken Corday? NBC? Sony?) there’s going to be continued upheaval and loss of viewers.

• kristi says:

personally, I never liked Madison from the beginning. I guess some people did like her from another soap, but I really never saw any real talent. Maybe she just needed more time. And just when Molly really got her Melaine to the point of being one of the best newer characters on the show ……I guess she must be persuing GREENER pastures. Cant blame her for that. BUT Ive been wanting to know why Rene left. I loved Lexi. I would like to know if she just felt it was time to retire? Or is days really wanting to pay its stars peanuts? What is the deal?? I wish her the best.

• Kirk says:

Sarah Joy Brown (Madison) is a 3 time daytime emmy winner for her work on General Hospital Its not her fault the writers couldnt come up with a decent storyline

• Kirk says:

Renee left to raise her family and wanted to make sure her character couldn’t be resurrected without her so she made sure she was killed off.

30. Rob R says:

Eileen Davidson returning is such a thrill……she drove story for years and she is a true talent. I bet Drake and Dee are thrilled she is back to drive story. Peter Reckell, Renee Scott, and Molly Burnett are all leaving of their own accord at the end of their contracts. Producers wanted all three to stay. They all left on good terms and could in theory return (well, Renee would have to portray a ghost). Fans are not true fans if they stop watching because we lose one actor of their own volition. Celebrate the veteran cast that is still there, and enjoy the returnees like Eileen Davidson and Blake Berris.

31. Princess Adora says:

Welcome back Eileen! It’s been a long time coming!!

32. Deedee Hall says:

Can take or leave kristain… But BO Needs to be there.. First the son and daughter n law and granddaughter is gone God knows where then Bo!! Take Hope too.. She has no purpose or interest without him. Don’t cast a new Bo.. The last time he was redicious .. Get rid if Will and his “boyfriend” or reunite Will and Gabby.. Without the gay theme. I watched since 60’s but your about to loss me to General Hospital uf pthose things don’t change!!!!!!!