Round 3 of TV's Best Bad Boy Begins! Gossip Girl Vs. Dawson's! How I Met Your Mother Vs. House!

Welcome to Round 3 of TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament — where 16 tantalizingly naughty fellas that a gal might not want to take home to her mama will battle it out for supremacy.

Today’s bouts include Chuck Bass of Gossip Girl against Pacey Witter of Dawson’s Creek, and Barney Stinson of How I Met Your Mother against Gregory House of House.

Every day for the next several weeks, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 4 voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

And if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now ready, set, vote!

1. Lindsey says:

I must have been first to vote! It’s 100% for both of my votes, haha!!

2. Elektra says:

How is Chuck Bass losing?! He is the perfect bad boy!

3. em says:

Pacey and House. Pacey was my first TV crush and although the second poll is tougher, Barney isn’t really a bad boy to me, just a womanizer.

4. Steven says:

I like Barney, but he won’t survive against Dr. House.

• sally says:

Really, because Barney seems to be kicking House’s a**

• Jessica says:

Personally I don’t really see either of them as a bad boy. Barney, for me, isn’t that much of a bad boy. He’s just a womanizing player. House would probably be more of a bad boy, but I wouldn’t really choose either of them. I love them both, but in terms of bad boy, I just don’t know if they would be the first to pop into my head. House, maybe, but not Barney.

5. Mia says:

Since when is Pacey a bad boy?

6. Easiest Poll in this whole comp, Pacey is so much of a more awesome character than Chuck has ever been and Barney is cumon hes Barney!

7. Babybop says:

Love HIMYM, but Barney doesn’t hold a candle to Dr. House in my mind.

8. KS says:

Before you vote for NPH, please remember Hugh already got shafted by the Emmy voters and will officially now never win an Emmy for one of TV’s most iconic characters. Give the man a break.

• AJ says:

Same goes for NPH. He wasn’t nominated last year and wasn’t nominated this year. Also, this has absolutely nothing to do with this poll.

9. I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) says:

Chuck, I love you – I adore you … you know that. But, it’ll always be Pacey. Sorry.

We’ll always have Paris.

10. Aimee says:

Chuck vs Pacey, I was a little torn. I just started watching Gossip Girl and I have fallen in love with Chuck bass (I am in season 3). BUT, Dawson’s Creek was the first show I watched religiously that wasn’t animated (lol, a bit of an exaggeration) and Pacey was my guy back then. I seriously adored him. Joshua Jackson was my firest celebrity crush.
    I don’t watch HIMYM so I voted for House.

11. Lola says:

House faked his own death, your opinion is invalid.

12. Wendy says:

How in the hell is House losing? What has Barney done that could EVER parallel the insanity of House through the past eight seasons? Pfft. Ridiculous voters.

13. Sara says:

I will CRY if Chuck Bass wins this tournament. FYI. And not tears of happiness, might I add.

14. Patrick Maloney says:

Chuck losing to Pacey more than makes up for House losing to Barney

15. cj says:

ive gotta play petty favorites on this one unfortunately. dont actually know anything about chuck, pacey, or even house really.

16. Sg.Grant says:

This tournament is legen…. wait for it.

17. Britta Unfiltered says:

Barney vs. House is really tough, and I’m still a little annoyed Barney took out Jeff Winger, but in the end, I vote for NPH. Barney is bad. I refer you to The Bracket episode of HIMYM (speaking of bracket tournaments) in which they do the bracket tournament of all the crappy things Barney had done to women over the years to get lucky. Some of them are really bad. One of the most horrible/most hilarious things I’ve seen him do is pretending to be a lesbian to score with a lesbian. House is bad too though, I wouldn’t begrudge him a win here.

18. Mike says:

Where the hell is Vic Mackey???

19. TheBeach says:

Who’s doing these pairings? Either Eric or Damon (yesterday) would wipe the floor with any of these four and yet you put them against one another.

20. Karen says:

How is House not winning?

21. christiana says:

Chuck Bass FTW!!!

22. Danielle says:

Chuck Bass and Barney Stinson FTW

23. jack says:

I voted for him because he is awesome, but how is Barney Stinson a “bad boy”? I dont get it.

24. Julianna says:

Chuck Bass and House definitely. Love Pacey but I don’t see him as a bad boy. Barney is great too but House trumps him.

25. Allie says:

I like Pacey, but I adore Chuck. I’m also not sure either Pacey or Barney really qualify as “bad boys”…

26. Sarah says:

I vote for Chuck Bass!!!

27. MSC says:

Chuck Bass FTW. Haters to the left

28. Mia says:

So many butthurt Dair fans, haha. Boohoo.

29. I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) says:

Wow! Chuck’s making a comeback!

30. Melody Paris says:

I only ever saw one episode of Dawson’s Creek, but in that one episode I knew who was the bad boy because Mr. Pacey was quite hot for teacher and successfully seduced his teacher.

31. observant says:

Hmm, you might want to double check these poll results. It looks like you may have some cheating going on in the wee hours of the morning. There has been a steady stream of voting for one character over the last hour or so.

• TruthTeller says:

• observant says:

Oops, way to show your hand. I never said what character I was talking about. Have fun cheating against shows that still have active fandoms and didn’t end last decade though!

• TruthTeller says:

LMAO…Whose hand is showing now?!! Please, you know VERY well how popular & relevant Chuck & CHAIR are because it is SO OBVIOUS that you are one of the handful on the BITTER PILL BRIGADE!!! You guys slay me…GET OVER IT!!! Endgame was set long ago & now we get to enjoy our ENDGAME & watch GG gcome to its rightful finish line. TPTB only stated a MILLION times over the series run that CHAIR=DESTINY, but a few chose to ignore/deny/live under a rock…Whatever. There is no surprise here. GG promised the audience REAL PAYOFF for all our investment & they are actually following through. Now, it’s time to accept it & MOVE ON!! Because IT IS HAPPENING & YOU KNOW IT!

• TruthTeller says:

Psst, if you have ever voted in a poll here on TV Line or most any other online site, nearly all have safeguards in place because they know that voting can be manipulated. So, if it is a reputable poll & site, they DO have safeguards in place to keep the voting legitimate. Which only proves my point: Chuck & CHAIR RULE worldwide!!! Haters step to the left because you never stood a chance!

32. Emily says:

House vs. Barney; My opinion is, I love HIMYM! And it doesn’t matter if he is a bad boy or not. Allow me to cite the criteria ” we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even PROMISCUOUS STREAKS( sounds exactly like Barney to me), and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against.” GO BARNEY STINTSON!

33. ina barros says:

love, love, love Chuck/Ed:*

34. rme says:

I call shenanigans on these poll results. One changed drastically from yesterday and one didn’t. It’s not hard to notice someone is clearly gaming the system.

• MSC says:

It’s a poll. People like Chuck. Please get over your obvious butt-hurt.

• TruthTeller says:

The poll has safeguards in place. There is no multiple voting allowed. Chuck & CHAIR has fierce & broad fan love stateside & internationally. Some people need to accept that fact & MOVE ON!!! Chuck & CHAIR are in it to win it & the audience is ALL IN right along with them. Chuck & CHAIR RULE!!! Cannot wait 4 GG S6 & our CHAIR love fest 2 last a lifetime!!

35. Carrie says:

Chuck Bass is the ultimate bad boy. I HAD to vote for him. No other choice. :)

36. Amber says:

Chuck Bass, baby! He’s my favorite bad boy of all time. He’s not technically even a bad boy anymore, but he’s still freaking awesome. Love him.

37. Jackie says:

Chuck Bass vs. Pacey Witter.. aka the two most bad ass MFers in teen television history? What a tough choice. I had to go with Chuck though. Pacey was a smart-ass, a womanizer, and a horrible student but he was never really a bad bad boy. Chuck was the definition of bad boy esp. in seasons 1 and 2 of Gossip Girl. Plus, GG is still on air while DC has been off for quite some time. Pacey will understand my decision :) Plus Ed Westwick/Chuck Bass is one sexy MOFO.

38. Lorianne says:

Chuck Bass. Why? Because he’s Chuck Bass. Duh

39. dtse says:

I voted for my Chuckles <3 and Bar wait for it neeeeeey :)))

40. Olivia says:

House is the sort of guy you love to hate, but I just plain love Barney, so… not sure who to vote for there? I guess Barney. And Chuck Bass is just iconic, although I’m not really a big GG fan.

41. CBGG says:

Forever Chuck Bass ♥

42. Shelly says:

Wait a minute.. are Dair fans really stalking a poll that has absolutely *nothing* to do with their precious Dan Humphrey? Wow. I would say I am surprised but I’m totally not. Just further supports my theory that they are really closeted Chuck lovers. ;)

43. sarah l says:

Chuck Bass FTW

44. Tiff says:

Chuck Bass all day, everyday. Haters to the left.

45. jerrired says:

If Pacey loses to Chuck, I’ll lose hope in humanity. xD

46. Chuck Bass! You are the love of my life! I have had several Bad Boy loves over the years, and that includes Pacey Witter! Love you, Pacey!! My heart belongs to Chuck right now! Chuck Bass, forever and ever and ever! Chuck Bass married to Blair Waldorf is even better!!

47. LH says:

Chuck Bass All The Way!!! Only thing awesomer is Chuck & Blair!!! Cannot wait 4 SG of Gossip & our CHAIRYTALE ending!!! Chuck & CHAIR 4 LIFE!!!

48. Mary says:

GO CHUCK!!! Bring on Chuck & Blair 4 LIFE in S6 of Gossip Girl!!! With LOTS of Waldass babies via flashforwards….#CHAIRFamily!!