Exclusive

Castle Exclusive: Jack Coleman Cast as New [Spoiler] For Beckett

Jack Coleman CastleNavigating the fallout from her tryst with Ricky C may be the least of Beckett’s problems this season on Castle.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Heroes vet Jack Coleman is joining the show’s fifth season as a new antagonist for Stana Katic’s detective.

VIDEO | Nathan Fillion Talks Castle Hook-Up, Drops (?) Big Hint About Rick’s Dad

According to series creator Andrew Marlowe, Coleman will play a “well-liked U.S. senator who finds himself in conflict with Beckett.”

Ironically Coincidentally, Coleman’s most recent role was also rooted in politics: For the past two seasons he recurred on The Office as Angela’s state senator boyfriend Rob Lipton.

1. Gianna says:

If this were seasons 1-4 I’d be concerned that he’d be a significant other.

2. At first I thought by “foe” they meant he’d be taking her position at the 12th while she’s trying to get her job back (assuming Castle convinces her to get it back). But him being a senator makes more sense, given what was released a while ago about her mom’s case. Looking forward to season 5!

3. Joe says:

It’s not ironic, it’s coincidental. Damn you Alanis Morissette

• Carol says:

Hahaha!! Great minds think alike!!

• Carol says:

However there is irony to be found in using that particular word incorrectly in an article about Castle who finds its misuse so irritating. ;)

• Nicole says:

I see “ironically” has been crossed out – perhaps due to the comments? If so, cool! At least they didn’t write “irregardless”. That word just makes me cringe.

• Keenan says:

Hey! I like ‘Ironic’ It’s just a pop song not a thesaurus. Please boringly nitpick elsewhere.

• Dan says:

Thank you! Thank you! Try teaching high schoolers the difference since that darn song came out!

4. Carol says:

Castle would be disappointed by the use of ‘ironically’ in this article. But I’m looking forward to Season 5, foes and all!! Should be fantastic!!

5. loretta says:

He doesn’t look old enough to be the dragon or Castle’s father. Interesting…

• Sellina says:

i belive that jack coleman is castle’s Father, or he is related with beckett’s mother murder, otherwise if he ever be beckett’s new passion or something like that, i will never watch castle again.

6. tatly says:

@loretta It’s a show they can change his age with some make up and hair color sprry but he looks old enough.

7. Jason says:

The last time Jack Coleman and Stana Katic were together in a show, they were also, sort-of, foes. Wasn’t Katic’s Hana Gitelman running from Coleman’s HRG in Heroes? =)

8. Meg says:

At first I thought it was going to say “love-interest” and I was gonna be like NUH UH YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

9. Can not stop the squee!!! This is awesome news!

10. Kelsey Tape says:

Reblogged this on Love. Laugh. Always. and commented:
    It’s almost that time of year again my friends — when Mondays are the most cherished day of the week. What’s that I hear? A new episode of Castle.

11. Billi says:

Ahaha I met him at Monte-Carlo in june. Good face for play a Bad Guy.

12. Krithika says:

Gawwwdd…i started screaming thinking he would be Kate’s new BF but oooooh….she’s already in a relationship. Still so surreal!!

13. Tom says:

First, Molly, I’m going to go out on a limb and predict Beckett and Esposito get their jobs back — just a wild hunch.

The only thing that worries me about the Coleman role is it implies an extended arc on the whole “who killed Beckett’s mother” story which, IMHO, got tired two seasons ago. It was bad enough that they would dust off that same old story every sweeps period. Now are we going to have to put up with it all season too? When I think back, probably the beginning of the end for “House” was when they spent half a season with some detective chasing House trying to prove he was a drug addict. I probably shouldn’t jump to conclusions, but this story line has the same potential. But we’ll see.

• RoadSinger says:

I thought that Marlowe said they were going to wrap it up and pretty quickly.

• Leroy says:

Esposito still has his job. Beckett and him were suspended, then Beckett quit. And as for the mother storyline, I for one actually find it interesting, but I doubt the season will focus on it, Coleman will probably only appear ever few eps.

14. elizabeth says:

Maga beyond ugly…if they put this thing on i’ll stop watching

15. Liz says:

Could Beckett have a brother she doesn’t know about that is causing her life to be in jepordy!?!?

16. R says:

The real twist would be for Beckett and Castle to do the “Thin Man” thing. If you’ve ever seen the movies you can’t deny the similarities.

17. Emma says:

Here I was hoping Beckett and Esposito teamed up as bounty hunters at the beginning of the season, bringing awkward moments when they had to deal with their ex-coworkers… Eventually finding their way back on the NPYD. ;)

18. Danielle H says:

Love him!

19. yen35 says:

I don’t mind a new person coming in provided its not a love interest.
    Great interview with Molly Quinn.

20. Julia Williams says:

I hope this guy doesn’t tear Beckett & Castle relationship apart, God it has taken then this long to get together. Don’t tell me it’s going to be a one nite thing. & their going to go back to being sad & lonely.

21. Love the show and the whole cast. but have a feeling that if they don’t resolve this issue with her mom and someone trying to kill her (Beckett_) that it is going to drag on and they will lose viewers.. So many shows have story in story lines that are really getting annoying .

• geb says:

In my opinion, the mystery surrounding Beckett’s mom’s murder is what sets Castle apart from all the boring others. What bores me, is all the incessant discussion of the relationship. Don’t get me wrong, Castle and Beckett is the most fun I have ever had watching two characters dance, but if that is all that is important, Castle might as well be on in the afternoon.

22. Bob Diederich says:

My bet, Castle sets up Beckett and Esposito in thier own private detective agency. Let the love continue.

23. Roy Montgomery says:

Haha. Just so you know, Castle is friends with the mayor? He can easily get them re-instated to the annoyance of Mrs. Iron Gates.

As for Senator. Bring it on.! Season 5 shall be epic.