Justified Vs. Sons of Anarchy! Breaking Bad Vs. Game of Thrones! Bad Boy Bracket Rages On!

Some of cable’s toughest, wiliest dudes square off in Round 2, Day 7 of TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament.

Indeed, we’ve got Justified‘s Raylan Givens up against Sons of Anarchy‘s Jax Teller, and Breaking Bad‘s Walter White fighting Game of Thrones‘ Tyrion Lannister.

Every day for the next several weeks, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field of 64 down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 2 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

And if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (41)

• Oh come on. Jax Teller all the way. A badass biker wins over the law each and every time

Comment by Megan – July 20, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen sister!

Comment by kimberly – July 20, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • indeed.

Comment by Anne – July 20, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen Sister!!!!!

Comment by Lindsey – July 20, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jax has been crying way to much lately to be considered a bad boy.

Comment by V – July 21, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • uh his whole world just fell apart. I think he can cry if he wants to. Have a nice day.

Comment by Megan – July 22, 2012 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yea only badass bikers hit women! Let’s vote for him! :)

Comment by Ashley – July 21, 2012 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m all for Raylan “You make me pull, I’ll put you down” Givens. He plays it so cool, it burns hot.

Comment by Emily – July 20, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, Jax vs Raylan is a tough one. I really like both characters but I guess I have to give the nod to Raylan because he’s got that badass bad boy gleam in his eye and has a sarcastic, funny sense of humor…just like Eric and Damon have.

Comment by TheBeach – July 21, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I voted for Tyrion, not because I think he’s a more morally depraved character than Walter (not by a LONG shot), but because he fits the ‘bad boy’ television archetype more.

Comment by annie – July 20, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it’s Raylan vs. Tyrion in the next round I will actually cry. Fantastic characters, both of them.

Comment by Alina – July 20, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is Jax not winning? Insanity!

Comment by David – July 20, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is Walter White not winning? COME ON people!

Comment by Tommy – July 20, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously. Love Tyrion but Walter is so much more a bad boy.

Comment by tripoli – July 20, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you kidding me? Tyrion’s not as much of a bad boy as Walter? Please!

Comment by rowan77 – July 20, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Tyrion is a bad boy. Walter White is evil.

Comment by Michael – July 20, 2012 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Coming soon:

The Killing vs The Cancellation Bear.

Comment by Tony S – July 20, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since Tyrion is the one of the three characters that makes reading the books bearable and Peter Dinklage is freaking amazing I had to go Lannister on that one. He certainly is a crafty and depraved little bastard. He may not be truly evil but he definitely has a medieval angst going on.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – July 20, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously people… this is a BAD boy contest! We ALL know that Jax Teller is the epitomy of “bad boy”. Givens…he’s just a cop with a chip on his shoulder.

Comment by LonePalm – July 20, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t watch Sons, so I don’t know the character of Jax Teller and if he fits the rest of this sentence, but I think that a big part of being a bad boy is still having that good heart, so I think Raylan fits great. He also likes to whore around a bit and will shoot you as soon as look at you, so that helps.

Comment by Holeigh (@holeigh_annie) – July 20, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If you like Justified you’d love Sons. Go on Netflix and check it out, I did this year now I’m addicted. Jax and Raylan very similar characters on opposite sides of the law.

Comment by kate – July 20, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, this is a “fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against” contest. Anyway, nothing against Jax. I just prefer Raylan.

Comment by Juliet – July 20, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is Walter White losing????!!!

Comment by amanda – July 20, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because Tyrion outsmarts everyone and led an army into battle when their king deserted them. And he whores around, but has a soft spot of those who are considered outcasts, like himself. Tyrion rules!

Comment by rowan77 – July 20, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even watch Game of Thrones, have never been able to get into it but every time I see a preview of the show, Peter Dinklage blows me away. One of these days I’ll get into it.

Comment by Lyndee – July 20, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should. It’s awesome.

Comment by tripoli – July 20, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Walter White might be evil, but Tyrion Lannister is the text book definition of bad boy.

Comment by MoxieSue – July 20, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raylan all the way!

Comment by Laura C – July 20, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously Jax is THE bad boy. He needs to win this!!!!!

Comment by Shazha – July 20, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jax vs Raylan is all types of unfair but I had to go with Jax as the bad boy.

Comment by Isabelle – July 20, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not for nothing, but I just saw that Dean Winchester NARROWLY beat out Mal Reynolds. That was such a tough one I couldn’t vote on it.

Totally voted this time, though. Tyrion and Raylan FTW!

Comment by rowan77 – July 20, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raylan vs Jax that’s just so wrong!! My 2 Favorite characters on TV! I couldn’t vote for one over the other, too painful. I’ll just have to wait and see…

Comment by kate – July 20, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For real!!! Who the hell thinks that Raylan Givens is badass?!? Have you seen Sons of Anarchy?!?

Comment by Ollie – July 20, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raylan and Tyrion, finally both my guys are winning!

Comment by Temis – July 20, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • COME ON JAX! i love both Justified and Sons and Raylan is a badass but Jax is the definition of bad boy!

Comment by Jamie – July 20, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It has to be Jax Teller surely- he’s the prez now?! The Imp is king hands down, but we all know that… :)

Comment by mlatimerridley – July 21, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jax is awsome!!! Jax all the way!!

Comment by April Smith White – July 21, 2012 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe Walter White’s gonna be out before the dude from Charmed. This is a messed-up bracket.

Comment by KS – July 22, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d say Tyrion is more “bad boy” than Walter White. Walter is turning into pure evil. He’s way past the point of bad boy now.

Comment by Megan – July 23, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post