Scooby-Doo! Scoop: Season 2 Premiere Date Confirmed (and With a Groovy Twist)

Get More: Kids TV, News, Premieres

Hey there, it’s Matt Mitovich. On the heels of my son Jared reporting on Good Luck Charlie‘s Season 4 renewal — and in the spirit of equal time — his twin, Jacob, is here to share the official word on Cartoon Network’s long-MIA Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated. But then that’s it; I’m out of kids.

A big mystery has been solved — when Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated will return!

Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated Season 2 is premiering on Monday, July 30, at 2 pm EST — and get this, new episodes will air Monday through Friday, for three weeks!

Season 1 left off with Shaggy getting sent to military school, Scooby-Doo being sent to a farm, Fred searching for his birth parents and Professor Pericles flying off with the two pieces of the planispheric disc.

In Season 2 [per Cartoon Network], “The gang will face new mysteries and villains — like Hebediah Grimm, the Scarebear and a herd of mutated skull cattle — as well as old foes including Professor Pericles, the calculating parrot mascot and the previous generation’s corrupt Mystery Incorporated, as they all scramble to find the final missing pieces of the Planispheric Disc. But once the disc is completed, will it unleash an even greater mystery? One that could destroy Crystal Cove and everyone in it?”

Here’s another little sneak peak about the first episode in Season 2: It’s called “The Night the Clown Cried,” and in that episode Shaggy gets out of military school and Scooby escapes from the farm. In the fourth episode, Fred’s real mom and dad show up! There’s also a new mayor.

Well, that’s about it! Bye! P.S. My name is Jacob!

Comments (20)

• Whoa! Actual storylines on Scooby Doo? I’m intrigued. I’ll have to check it out just for the fun and nostalgia of it. Is Casey Kasem still doing the voice of Shaggy?

Comment by TV Gord – July 20, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • By the way, thanks, Jacob! You made me want to check this out, to find out what I’m missing! Great job!

Comment by TV Gord – July 20, 2012 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Matthew Lillard is the voice of Shaggy but Casey Kasem plays Shaggy’s Dad! The first season was great and a little darker than I expected.

Comment by bluebonnetbelle – July 20, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks, bluebonnetbelle! Very cool to have Matthew doing the voice of Shaggy and Casey as his dad. It sounds as though they are having fun with satisfying the fans! I also think it’s cool to have Mindy Cohn (Natalie from Facts of Life) playing Velma. Inspired!

Comment by TV Gord – July 20, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My 5-year old is super excited! Thanks for the information, Jacob. Nice job!

Comment by Tori – July 20, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They are making new Scooby Doo? My neice and nephew are going to be over the moon.

Comment by John Berggren – July 20, 2012 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent news! Great scoop Jacob. Dad better watch out for his job :)

Comment by Deena – July 20, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you kidding??? His children’s writing talents are better than a pension! ;-)

Comment by TV Gord – July 20, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good timing! I just found an episode of this series, and it was the best one for an old fogey like me! It’s called, “Mystery Solvers State Club Finals”, and it features a bunch of guest stars from other cartoons from the 70s! Speed Buggy, Jabberjaw, Captain Caveman AND The Funky Phantom! All that’s missing is a BIG bowl of Cocoa Pebbles! :-)

Comment by TV Gord – July 20, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • About time, the new season 2 episodes have aired in Canada for five or six weeks now.

Comment by Renaak – July 20, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My kids will be so excited!

Comment by Lesleykay – July 20, 2012 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scooby-Doo sound sway better now than when I was a kid. I’m glad to know Jacob that while network TV becomes more generic, children’s programming is improving continuity.

Comment by Drewer – July 20, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the scoop, Jacob! Nice to know that our spoilers are in good hands for years to come! Scooby has always had a place in my heart, very cool that he’s still around :)

Comment by Michel – July 20, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, they’ve churned out Scooby Doo movies every year now for the past decade or so …

Big Top Scooby Doo (2012)
    Scooby Doo Spookalympics (2012)
    Scooby Doo Scare Camp (2010)
    etc

Comment by Renaak – July 20, 2012 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was cancelled… Glad to hear it’ll be back.

Comment by Ryan – July 21, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As always, thanks to Jacob for my Scooby-Doo fix.

Comment by TaMara – July 21, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi im glad that scooby doo is back my grandson who lovesit

Comment by evelyn – July 29, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just found out new season has started today 8/3—how can we catch reruns to catch up??

Comment by Cynthai – August 3, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hey the season 2 is over with only 15 episodes what happens to the rest of the episodes.
    Do anyone know if it will be released or not..

Comment by vivin kumar – October 17, 2012 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone know when season 2 part 2 will be out?

Comment by Todd – March 26, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post