Exclusive

Exclusive: American Horror Story Scares Up Mysterious Arc For Carnivàle's Clea Duvall

Clea Duvall American Horror StoryAmerican Horror Story is adding another name to its crowded Season 2 call sheet: Clea Duvall.

The Carnivàle actress has inked a deal to appear in multiple episodes of the FX thriller’s sophomore run, TVLine has learned exclusively.

There’s no official word on who she’ll be playing, but an insider says Duvall will appear in scenes with returning co-star Sarah Paulson.

Horror Story‘s second season — which started shooting on Tuesday — will be set in the 1960s at an East Coast asylum for the criminally insane run by Jessica Lange.

RELATED | Jessica Lange’s Horror Story Season 2 Character Is Also a [Spoiler]

Other new faces on tap for Season 2 of the Emmy nominated hit include Big Love‘s Chloe Sevigny, The Voice‘s Adam Levine, French actress Lizzie Brochere, FlashForward‘s Joseph Fiennes, Oscar nominee James Cromwell, Secret Circle‘s Chris Zylka  while Paulson, Lange, Zachary Quinto, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe — who in Season 1 played Constance, Chad, Tate, psychic Billie Dean and doctor’s wife Nora — are all set to return but as new characters.

“Everyone looks so different,” exec producer Ryan Murphy told TVLine on Thursday. “People who were enemies last year are allies this year. The sets are amazing. It’s 1964, so everything looks very different.”

1. The noises I just made! This news made my Friday!

2. Mik says:

I love Clea Duvall. I never watched Horror Story though, but I might buy it at some point. They really have some great people on that show.

• Rrrrrr says:

You wouldn’t have to buy it- the great thing is that last season was it’s own story, and this season is it’s own story. So you could just jump in this year and pick up at a new beginning.

3. Isaac says:

I am so excited about this. I love her and she was brilliant in Carnivale. This show is perfect for her.

4. Eric J says:

I don’t think its a good idea to have the next season at a carnival…? Hahahaha can you picture Jessica Lange

5. jared says:

Can’t wait for AHS to return

6. Glo Goodwin says:

Love Clea Duvall. She is great and I’m happy she’ll grace AHS. It is wishful thinking, and impossible I know, but I so would love to see a movie or mini-series finishing out Carnivale. I really loved that show.

7. Louise says:

I’m too scared to watch AHS, but I love Clea– especially her turn in Ryan Murphy’s “Popular!” Maybe I’ll give it a chance.

8. A says:

While I love AHS and these actors, there are way too many new characters/actors being added to the show. For 12 episodes only I am curious how it will work out. Can’t wait :)

9. Kristin says:

I know AHS just started filming Tuesday, but does anyone know when it comes back on?

10. Ryan says:

I hope she plays someone who’s locked up cause she thinks she’s invisible and murders people. ;)

11. saxyroro (@saxyroro) says:

Just seeing Carnivale` in print send a shiver down my spine. You want to watch a short series supernatural show, go watch Carnivale and try NOT to punch your tv when its over. Clea was GREAT on this show.