So You Think You Can Dance Recap: The First Cuts Are the Deepest

So You Think You Can DanceNobody said it would be easy mashing up So You Think You Can Dance‘s weekly performances and results into a single, 120-minute telecast. But just as an old Cat can learn new dance steps — our hostess really did boogie as she made her entrance in a sultry red dress! — so too did SYTYCD manage to pack in a group number, a special guest performance (from the cast of Step Up Revolution), 10 competitive routines, and a brutal set of results that lopped off a fifth of the Season 9 crop.

And just like Eliana doing overtime in her Jive with Cyrus, you could barely see any sweat beading up on the show’s forehead. Let’s break down how the night played out:

DANCE OF THE NIGHT | Witney Carson & Chehon Wespi-Tschopp I hate to automatically heap praise on the routine that gets the pimp slot, but this particular Bollywood number was at once exuberant and exhilarating. As choreographer Nakul Dev Mahajan, this one had no story — just speed, stamina, and hands. Witney was so fast and sharp, I came thisclose to screaming, “Dance, heffa!” And as far as Week 1-to-Week 2 redemption, no one climbed further faster than Chehon.

RUNNER-UP | Amelia Lowe & Will Thomas I’m not sure why I thought Will was cannon-fodder after watching the Top 20 announcement episode, but I certainly stand corrected. Dude has incredible strength — with his towering frame, he should! — but as Adam noted, said frame didn’t make him any less lithe, or cause him to fall out of perfect sync with Amelia. I loved how this duo got completely lost in the sway of the strings and the drama of Sonya Tayeh’s steps. And while it’s still too early to call this pair the best of Season 9, juxtaposing this week’s flowing jazz routine with last week’s alley cats hip-hop, I wouldn’t hesitate to call them the most versatile.

MOST DUBIOUS FEEDBACK | Lindsay Arnold & Cole Horibe I’m not sure why the judges hit Lindsay so hard for failing to embody her role when, to my eyes, she danced twice as hard as Cole. I mean, yeah, the guy stayed in character all all the way through the judges’ critiques, but he also spent a third of the routine sitting back in the dentist’s chair, and failed to bring much dance quality to the moments he was walking to and from said seat. Plus, while Lindsay’s man-eating intent was clear, it was never certain to me if Cole’s geeky patient was digging the come-ons or dreading ‘em.

CAUGHT IN A BAD WARDROBE Amber Jackson & Nick Bloxsom-Carter It can’t be easy trying to pull off the fast, furious drama of an Argentine Tango while clad in a bulky jacket and ill-fitting pants, which is why I’m wondering if dear Uncle Nigel instructed the wardrobe department to jack Nick up, or if there’s a less nefarious explanation for his attire. Amber, meanwhile, deserved the praise heaped on her by the judges: Her kicks and flicks had the speed and precision of a speed-skater’s blades.

VICTIM OF UNINSPIRED CHOREOGRAPHY | Janelle Issis & Dareian Kujawa I always flinch a little when I hear “lyrical hip-hop,” and the minute I realized it was set to the Temptations’ “My Girl,” I’ll admit I started daydreaming about Janelle and Dareian’s African Jazz number from seven days prior. [Side note: Anyone worried Dareian might lose out on text votes if folks forget the rogue 'e' in his name?]

MOST IN NEED OF SOME PARTNER-SWAPPING Eliana Girard & Cyrus Spencer
Eliana may actually be the strongest dancer in the competition, but as Nigel noted, she hasn’t really been able to fully spread her wings, not while she’s carrying enthusiastic-but-overmatched Cyrus on her shoulders. (Burning question: Anyone else getting a Jeanine-Phillip vibe from the couple?) I will say, though, that girlfriend’s back-to-back-to-back series of twists and splits was one of the more mesmerizing sequences of the night.

MOST BACKHANDED PRAISE | Janaya French & Brandon Mitchell Janaya and Brandon were perfectly fine on this silly little Broadway number, but if you weren’t certain of poor Janaya’s cannon-fodder status, the judges certainly clarified things with their “you actually played the character!” critiques. Why not just hand her an “it’s an honor just to make the Top 20″ banner and send her home with a Blu-Ray copy of Step Up 3D?

NOT AS BAD AS THE JUDGES SAID IT WAS | Alexa Anderson & Daniel Baker I can’t say I shed any tears over the duo’s early exit, but I thought Alexa and Daniel were pretty successful imitating waves of water during Dee Caspary’s “bathtub” dance. It can’t be easy to pack that much movement into two minutes while maintaining that much fluidity, so at the very least, Alexa and Daniel can exit on a high note. What troubles me, though, is sometimes I worry the judges don’t connect as viscerally with a routine when it doesn’t have a very specific, character-driven backstory assigned to it in the pre-performance rehearsal package. Am I on to something with this theory, or am I not giving enough credit to Nigel, Mary, and their ilk?

NOT AS GOOD AS THEY SAID IT WAS (AKA THE “WHAT AM I MISSING WITH THIS COUPLE?” RANT)| Matthew Kazmierczak & Audrey Case Okay, I’ll admit Matthew and Audrey showed terrific strength and stamina in Sonya Tayeh’s routine about “an erotic power struggle,” but if I’m being honest, I wasn’t really feeling any chemistry between ‘em. When all was said and done, it was more a case of “I admired that effort!” than an “I was feeling it!” I did get a surge of joy from their bug-legged walk maneuver — Nigel called it “stank steps” — but I’m not yet ready to follow Adam’s lead this early in the season and tell Matthew that the competition is his to lose.

LEMONS INTO LEMONADE AWARD| Tiffany Maher & George Lawrence II I can’t say the Fox Trot is the most exciting or evocative dance in the SYTYCD oeuvre, but this routine was absolutely stunning — in large part thanks to Tiffany and George’s grace and total committment. Midway through the number, I actually scribbled on my notepad “She is IN it,” and that turned out to be very close to Mary’s “you were livin’ it!” critique. Tiffany hasn’t gotten much hype this year, but she’s rapidly gaining momentum — and George is similarly looking like he’s in it for the long haul.

As for the week’s eliminations, Cat announced that it was Nick, Daniel, and Chehon in the Bottom 3 Guys, and Janaya, Alexa, and Witney in the Bottom 3 Girls. Given Witney and Chehon’s triumphant closing number, there was absolutely no suspense regarding who the judges would cut — er, save! the judges only save people, says Nigel! — and therefore they didn’t request any solos. (I’d have liked to know, however, what was the deal with that love child of a tuxedo, a kimono, and a sequined ladyblouse that Nick was wearing.) I will, say, though, that Amber and Brandon got lucky.

Now, as for next week’s results, a few predictions:

SHOULD BE THE BOTTOM 6 NEXT WEEK
Brandon
Cyrus
Cole
Lindsay
Janelle
Audrey

WILL BE THE BOTTOM 6
Brandon
Cyrus
Dareian
Lindsay
Janelle
Amber

What did you think of this week’s SYTYCD? Who was best in show? Who will and should be in the Bottom 3 next week? Sound off in the comments!

1. Tara J. says:

I am very baffled at how Witney was in the bottom this week after her wonderful performance last week! Thank goodness the judges saved her!

• Lime says:

I think she and Chehon suffered from dancing first last week. By the end of the show, they were kind of forgotten.

I definitely like her more now – she’s come off as obnoxious to me in previous episodes. But she was amazing in the Bollywood number!

• JenR says:

I agree. The new voting format may have thrown people off after the first dance as well. Instead of one phone number to write, we had two.

• KevyB says:

Because she danced the entire thing looking at the audience and not at her partner! I cannot STAND her “ballroom face” and she needs to go home pronto! And this week she was definitely the weaker link in the Bollywood number. Her upper body is astonishingly lazy. Her hand and arm movements weren’t nearly as crisp as Chehon’s and she doesn’t hold her head right. These things ARE actually important. And don’t get me started on Lindsay, who I actually prefer to Witney. But this week it was like watching a cheerleader doing a routine. She totally “ballroomed” the entire performance, often playing to the audience instead of her partner. The only thing that saves her, in my eyes, is the adult way she handled the criticism. My other disagreement with Michael is with Tiffany and George. He was MUCH slower than she was in the footwork and it was totally throwing me off. Otherwise I’m pretty much in agreement with the rest of his comments. I think Amelia and Will will coast to the finale, I think Matt and Audrey have NO chemistry, and Cyrus had BETTER be bottom three this week! He’s a nice guy and he’s trying, but he will only hurt whatever partner who’s saddled with him.

2. Cecily says:

I’m so disappointed with this season so far. The judges seem so scripted and Nigel is grumpy and obsessed with getting the audience to VOTE. He doesn’t even comment on the quality of the dancing any more (At least Mary and Adam stuck to that last night) but instead on whether or not the routine will get the VOTES. I think he needs to step back as a judge and just be the cynical and cranky producer that he is. The lack of dancing for your life and even a goodbye reel for the folks who were cut made it especially impersonal and depressing. I feel like Cat is desperately trying to keep the morale up, but how can she when it’s all so dreary?? (BTW, I loved the My Girl routine. It was snappy and fun and expertly danced. I think the judges have targeted those two for some reason. They’ve done it in the past and this year it seems even more calculated and lame.) Terribly disappointing. :(

• Steve says:

It’s just a guess, but I suspect that the reason we didn’t see dance-for-your-life solos or goodbye packages was mainly due to time constraints. There was a lot packed into those two hours, and maybe starting next week when we have fewer couples dancing, perhaps they will return?
      As far as last night’s show went, I thought the judges were much too hard on Janelle and Dareian. I’ll admit that the degree of difficulty wasn’t way up there, but it was danced well and I found it totally charming. And is it just me, or was Adam Shankman just a wee bit overbearing last night? Not quite as obnoxious as Tyce, but he had some really annoying moments.

• Sha says:

That was typical Adam last night. He’s always incredibly ott/grating/annoying. I like him in small doses but he’s just too much at the judging table

• judge troll says:

Adam was wonderful last night. But everyone gets irked with the judges sooner or later.
        Fast forward is your friend.

3. fiona says:

I was sad that they didn’t have the goodbye reel it just felt so… impersonal at the end. And I think they should have kept the ddance for your life, its better than having a special guest perform.

My girl had a cute story and the dentist chair was funny but they both SOO lacked any technical dancing it wasn’t challenging enough. And I love Cole and Janelle

I agree Eliana needs to lose Cyrus.

How many ppl are voted off next week? I hope its just one

4. Kate says:

I was glad Adam said something about how cheesy the show was getting! I had started fast forwarding through all the commentary because some of the dancers seemed so fake. I hate when dancers feel the need to be a gimmick. You can tell when someone is being authentic and when they are just putting on a show. Save the acting for the dancing!

5. Elena says:

I was really sad to see Daniel go because there were other dancers who should have left before him, and I felt like he was the victim of less-than-inspiring choreography the week before:( (I wasn’t that attached to Alexa) Anyway, that aside, I am loving Will and Amerlia, (surprisingly) George and Tiffany because their foxtrot was so big and joyous, and I love Matthew and Audrey because they are totally amazing dancers even if Slezak doesn’t see it.
    Ok, about Cyrus. No disrespect to him whatsoever because he is an incredible person and human being, but it is not fair to thrust him into a demanding competition like this when he is clearly lacking the experience or training for it. It’s not fair to him, the other competitors, or his partner. I’m not blaming Cyrus for this though, I blame the judges who have placed him into this uncomfortable situation when they should have known what would happen, for instance the jive last night. He’s just not up to the level of everyone else and I’m really worried for him and Eliana who deserves a partner that allows her to show her true potential and ability. It should be very interesting next week to see who is in the bottom and who goes.

• Kristina says:

I agree. Daniel (and possibly Cole) was my favorite male dancer this season, and I’m shocked he didn’t get votes. I love the ballet dancers, so talented all of them. And Eliana is my favorite girl, and I’m scared she will not go as far as she should because her routines will be dumbed-down for Cyrus’ sake. I really do like Cyrus, but I agree that he is just not near the level of the other dancers.

• TheBeach says:

I think you are exactly correct in you kind and diplomatic comments about Cyrus. As delightful a guy as he seems to be, he is way out of his element here. There were several very worthy contestants for the Top 20 who were passed over in favor of Cyrus because of his “personality”. It’s really unfair to his partner and to the concept of the show, sorry to say.

• Agreed. Daniel and Eliana are my favorite dancers this season and I’m outraged that Daniel got sent home before Cyrus or Matthew. I personally think it was a combination of not great choreography last week, no story in the choreo this week and the fact that Alexa was his partner. The judges harped and harped at her about not making a connection and not emoting when she danced in Vegas week and then they let her through anyway and what are the slams that the two of them got “there is no chemistry, it’s just not working” DUH! You’ve been saying through two seasons worth of audition rounds that Alexa had no chemistry and now they sunk Daniel by sticking him with someone that has all the expression of a dead fish. Totally unfair.

• djm says:

Yeah, I thought for sure they would keep Daniel and let Chehon go – especially since Daniel seems to be WAY more versatile in his movement than Chehon, but who knows what goes on behind the scenes. I was SHOCKED that Whitney was in the bottom 3 and was THRILLED when they put her through. As for Dareian – I love him and voted for him over and over and over again last night. I love me some Eliana and the good news is that once she gets to the Top 10 she’ll be joined by all-stars that will hopefully allow her to shine a lot more than she already does now. Part of me wonders if they didn’t put her with Cyrus on purpose so that she will have the most dramatic story arc of the season – poor girl stuck with the non-dancer yet she beats the odds and ends up winning type thing.

• Temperence says:

Letting Daniel go was a definate error on the judges’ part. He was easily one of the three best guys, and was constantly being featured and given solos in the group numbers (so, the choreographers clearly saw his mad skills). It sucks that he got saddled with that incredibly awkward prop tower and marginal choreo last week – no one could have saved the clunky on and off the tower bits. I’m totally baffled as to why they let him go this early. Cheon was worse (if they were saving a style), and there were plently of other poorer dancers to pick from.

6. ron says:

Well ? love reading your views ! I would very much like to see Janelle & Dareian do the piece that Amelia & Will performed last night. Come on ! Dancers need music ! And I am full of negativity after last nights show, like what with the stage ? It looks like a backdrop for Wheel of Fortune.

7. Lily says:

I agree with you 100% Cecily. Nigel’s comments were not even related to the dance and why should he put a bug in people’s heads as to whom they should vote for and when he says things like “I hope you get votes”, he’s really saying “Don’t vote for these people”. It’s his manipulative way to try to get people to vote for whom he wants.

I also thought they under rated Nick on his Tango. He was superb, but it does seem that every year they get rid of the ballroom dancers first. Nigel, IMO is obsessed with pretty young girls and that’s how he picks and chooses.

So now there are no ballroom male dancers and I thought Nick was way better than the other two.

I’m so bored with mainly contemporary dancers. Put some sauce in this show. I think Nigel should retire and go back to London. As a producer, etc…he gets on my nerves.

Even when he is announced to the audience and waves…I want to smack him. He annoys me.

• Alice says:

I agree 100% about Nigel. I was going to post my own comment, but you and Cecily already said it. I wasn’t going to watch the show this season because I find the judges (especially him… the rest I could tolerate if he wasn’t there) so obnoxious, but one night there wasn’t anything else on and I got sucked in.

8. Danielle says:

I love Janelle, I think she’s top 3 girls fantastic, but the My Girl routine was wretched. It was boring, lame and kind of depressing. In fact, I didn’t think any of last night’s routines were all that amazing. Also, with the exception of Will, I think it’ll be another season where the girls outshine the boys by leaps and bounds.

Right now, I’m thinking 1.Eliana 2.Whitney 3.Janelle 4.Tiffany 5.Audrey 6.Amber 7.Amelia 8. Lindsey.

9. wendyL says:

I really think Amelia and Will had the dance of the night – I watched it several times and voted for them – (which I don’t always do) Then George and Tiffany – that was a gorgeous dance to the music (Sinead O’Conner!) I just wish they would dance with different partners more often. In the real world, they have to adjust to different people. And it is not fair to certain dancers like Eliana – Thank goodness she can shine on her own! I bet Amber will be thrilled to have Brandon as a partner – and I will like to see them together too.

• Temperence says:

Amelia’s just a star at whatever they’ve thrown her, and she’s consistently been placed in front and given solos at every single opportunity. She’s just magnetic. And Will surprised me and nearly kept up with her.

10. Jess says:

I think the voting is compensating for spelling errors. I spelled Witney’s name with an “h” and it still registered.

• JenR says:

That is good to hear! I was a bit worried about that. I voted online for the first time last night. Being able to see their photos is helpful this early on.

11. Noah says:

Am I the only one who thought that all the Bollywood number did was show how bad Chehon was in genres other than his own? Witney was so precise and crisp, that all she did was make him look floppy and sad in comparison. He should have gone last night instead of Daniel.

• Katy says:

Can’t speak for anyone else, but no, I don’t agree. I thought Chehon was powerful in that number (the one-footed stands…very difficult), kept up the pace and projected the joy of Bollywood just as well as Witney did. I do wish they would find some new choreographers for the genre, though. There are some good ones out there who could vary up the style and incorporate more of the current moves that one would see in Bollywood films, etc.

• Katiecat says:

I can’t agree with you there – I found the two of them very evenly matched, and there is really something about Chehon that I like.

12. Lime says:

I know we vote for individual people now, but I still think of this show with a “couples” mentality. For my money, the couple to beat is Will and Amelia. They just…work together. Who would have thought it? I find Amelia’s “quirky girl” shtick grating, but for some reason, when she’s dancing with Will, it’s like she’s a whole other person. Can’t wait to see what they bring next week!

George and Tiffany were also amazing. I thought their foxtrot was so glamorous! One of the best I’ve seen on the show – not that it’s hard, most people suck at the foxtrot. These two, it’s like they were dancing on air.

• I think perhaps we should reserve judgement on Will and Amelia being a super couple till we see them do something outside their genre. So far they’ve picked their own style every time. Not hard to out shine everyone else when you get your own strength over and over.

• Sookie says:

Last week was a “hip hop” routine. Not their genre. Just sayin..

• Liz says:

Yeah a character hip hop that was a lot more Jazz than hip hop. Doesn’t count. I actually enjoyed both of their dances even though I was slightly predisposed not to. But still I think they have been VERY lucky with their dances so far.

• Katy says:

Napoleon didn’t even try to label the cat dance “hip hop”. By calling it “character pop” (whatever the heck that is…there’s already a genre called “pop” or “pop jazz”, so why not stick with that), he basically admitted it wasn’t going to be hiphop and it wasn’t. Too bad it will go down on this pair’s list as HH. Melanie and Marko’s “hip hop”, the one with the kiss, wasn’t HH either. But everyone lauded her for killing every style. Sigh.

• Lime says:

Well, are there *really* any power couples yet? No. But what I guess I meant is that I feel that they have the best chemistry of any of the couples so far. Both of their dances have been fabulous. And their personalities are so engaging! I hope they end up with ballroom or Broadway next week.

13. Amy says:

Good, I’m glad someone agrees with me about Matthew and Audrey’s routine. Maybe I’m also totally missing something, but it just did nothing for me.

Is it also just me, or is the hip-hop on this show pretty tepid? Not that what they present as “hip-hop” is bad, per say, it just seems rather white bread.

All in all, I would find the show much more enjoyable if the judges weren’t so insufferable. I think they had to make the stage bigger to have room for all their massive egos. The only downside of the show getting so many Emmy nominations is that we’re going to have to hear Nigel gloat about it ad nauseum all next episode.

• Sha says:

I was just about to comment about the uninspired hip hop that the show has had for the past few seasons. naptabs are at the root of this… their hip-hop is SO whitebread. and maybe that appeals more to the majority of viewers but it’s not true hip-hop. It’s getting to the point where it looks like pure lyrical. criminal record aside, Shane Sparks was better.
      bring back Dave Scott or that step up choreographer.

• Sookie says:

I think Dave Scott did that awful dentist routine. I would like to see some hard hitting hip hop too!

• Katy says:

That wasn’t Dave Scott. That was Christopher Scott. They are two completely different races, so it’s easy to keep them straight. :)

• Liz says:

Since the Canadian version of SYTYCD is not on this year they should consider bringing in some of the hip hop choreographers they use. WAY more hard-core.

There are a few of the canadian choreographers that would be most welcome in my opinion. Stacey Tookey, and Shawn Cheesman (among others) already do both shows. But it would be interesting to see some Luther Brown, Blake McGrath and Sho-tyme. Just to mix things up a little.

• Alice says:

I was just going to say the same thing. Isn’t it funny that the hip hop on the Canadian show was more hard core and generally better performed… not even necessarily because the dancers were better but because they seemed more willing to just throw themselves into it with abandon.

14. Jane says:

Dunno, feel little bad about this season. Dances was too short, there wasnt much to show to the audience. I dont have fav routines so far and thats the hell of a problem! I mean, having it all in one hour and a few minutes, its a little rush. And I think, they have put Eliana and Cyrus on purpouse together, as the strongest and the weakest dancer, to show America that it doesnt matter of couples, cause we VOTE just for individuals.
    I just think the last season was soooo much better thus far…

15. ollie says:

i was also shocked witney was in the bottom three and nick. i like cryus he seems so nice but shouldnt have been in the top 20 .

16. Matt says:

My feelings at this point are a very mixed bag.

– I want Cyrus to stay in it because I want to watch him improve and maybe even have a surprising “moment”, but not at the expense of however many other certainly more talented guys getting out in his stead.
    – I feel bad for Eliana because the choreography for their routines does have to be dumbed down for Cyrus and she is not able to show off as much as she should be. I hope that people are remembering to vote for Eliana despite however well or poorly Cyrus does because her side of every performance thus far has been phenomenal. Regardless of how much I like Cyrus, I’d hate to see Eliana go early just due to association or a misguided perception that she isn’t as good as the judges keep reminding us she is.
    – ON THE OTHER HAND, I feel that despite this, Eliana is a fantastic partner for Cyrus. From their tweets, it sounds like Eliana keeps everything positive during rehearsals and she really pushes Cyrus to be the best he can be. I honestly feel that Eliana is really helping Cyrus to stay in the competition longer; I can’t imagine him being more successful with any of the other girls.

– I was sad to see Alexa – and particularly Daniel – go, but what do you expect when the choreography just doesn’t do the dancers justice? I hope they’re catching on to how crucial it is that the routines aren’t just technically impressive or entertaining. The dancers need to be able to show their strengths, too.

Brandon and Janaya’s routine was my favorite of the night. In the beginning, I had placed Brandon in the same boat as Cyrus in terms of dancing ability outside of their own specialty, but more and more I’m realizing that Brandon seems to be much more versatile. I definitely hope he doesn’t go home next week.

As for Cyrus, I hate to say it, but I’m sure he’s expecting to be in the bottom three next week.

• Juan says:

I agree with you on the Alexa/ Daniel thing that the choreographers need to put stuff that is not just technically great they need to really put the dancers and how they are in there also agree about eliana and cyrus

17. Katiecat says:

I won’t miss Daniel. I expected more from him, as I really thought he was great originally, but he didn’t measure up for me. Cyrus, for me, is what the show was originally about (or at least what I thought it was about) which was finding people with talent and helping them stretch beyond their limitations. Of course he is kind of stiff – his style is robotics! But it sure seems he approaches everything with a great attitude and does his best. What I really want to know is when they are going to change the opening credits! We have had other winners and other stars besides Ade – nothing against him, but let’s see some others!

• Temperence says:

I’m not sure how you could say Daniel didn;t ‘measure up’. He was in front and had solos in every group number for the season, and he danced very. very well throughout. He and Alexa got clunky choreo for Top 20 week, so that’s not their fault – no one could have saved climbing up and down that stupid tower prop.

18. Karen says:

Will & Amelia are undoubtedly my favourite couple now! I really fell in love with Will’s personality in the Top 20 Announcements ep, but I’m thrilled to see how he put away in his routine this week. And they have such a lovely chemistry!
    I might also be alone in really enjoying Dareian and Janelle’s routine this week – I was smiling the whole way through it.
    I agree with Matthew and Audrey being a little overhyped. It was a good routine, but not a great one.
    I was a bit sad to see Daniel leave

19. IdaRed says:

AMELIA AND WILL FOR THE WIN!!!!

20. Serri says:

There are many technically outstanding dancers this year, and so many delightful personalities (Audrey is just so cute and so bendy!), Eliana’s a pro, Cole has intensity, and so on. But Amelia and Will are embodying that “it” factor that isn’t just chemistry, because it’s not about the two of them, it’s about how they each completely immerse themselves in the meaning of the dance, and they do it together, no holds barred. I’m not watching their technique; We’re feeling the joy, the pain, the fun, the desperation, right along with them. And that’s the secret of what they have been able to do so far. It’s breathtaking, and a magical gift.

21. Luna Maya says:

I recall Slezak’s statement last week about the oddest pairing couple that doesn’t work (Chehon-Witney) and I completely agree now. They both reminded me very much of Danny-Anya, which I thought an odd-pairing as well. Danny does breathtakingly his ballet, so does Chehon. And we know the bombshell Anya, her ballroom dance is extraterrestrial, she got more or less same figure as Witney.
    And Danny-Anya pairing constantly got them in bottom 3..I do hope Chehon will survive til the very end like Danny did because he’s just a super brilliant dancer.

22. Jordan says:

Christopher Scott needs to get the boot. His choreography ALWAYS sucks and surprise surprise, his two dances were the worst this week!

23. victoria says:

I was very supprised about witney being in the bottom, there is no dought that the bollywood routine was the dance of the night. Top 3 girls are 1.eliana 2.witney 3.audrey

• Edward says:

The word is “doubt,” not “dought.” I understand typos when you are hurrying, getting letters reversed and such, but this is just pure ignorance. The little red squiggle under a word means it is spelled wrong, people.

24. Jam says:

OMG thank the judges whitneyy :D so glad she’s save !!! OMW love her !!!!