TVLine Items: Adam Lambert Visits Liars, Nine Lives Actress Joins Vampire Diaries and More!

adam lambert idol judgeAdam Lambert is headed to Rosewood.

The American Idol alum — who’s rumored to be in the running as a new judge on the reality show — will visit ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars, according to Ryanseacrest.com.

Lambert will start filming a special Halloween edition of the addictive drama next week and will perform two songs with star Lucy Hale, who was a contestant on American Juniors.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Grace Phipps (The Nine Lives of Chloe King) has landed a plum recurring part on The Vampire Diaries, playing a 16-year-old named April who shares a history with Jeremy and Elena. Per EW.com, April first appears in the second episode of Season 4 when she comes back to Mystic Falls from private school following her father’s death. The CW series returns Oct. 11.

• USA Network’s Burn Notice is spying some new additions. Comic actor Patton Oswalt (United States of Tara, Caprica) will guest star in Episodes 14 and 15 as a notorious and quirky smuggler who doesn’t come cheap, while former Body of Proof actress Sonja Sohn will appear on a recurring basis (starting with Episode 13) as a high-level CIA director, per EW.com. Additionally, Antonio Jaramillo (Meet the Browns, Savages) has been tapped as a “slick” Miami PD detective, reports Zap2It.

• Pretty Little Liars boss I. Marlene King is in the early stages of developing a TV series based on the 1995 film Now and Then, reports Variety. King wrote the screenplay for the coming-of-age flick, which starred Demi Moore, Rosie O’Donnell, Rita Wilson and Christina Ricci, among others.

Get ready for a lot more Betty White. CBS Television Distribution has sold the comedienne’s TV Land sitcom Hot in Cleveland into syndication for a 2014 premiere, per The Hollywood Reporter.

And now for a (worthy) plug: Check out TVLine’s very own Meg Masters on the IGN TV podcast Channel Surfing, in which she and host Eric Goldman discuss all things Comic-Con 2012.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Kitty says:

Adam on PLL?! I approve!

2. clair says:

Can’t wait to see him–he will be terrific–hope this is the beginning of many other shows/movies.

3. Aims says:

TVD bringing on more recurring characters when they barely are able to use the main characters they have now? They barely have time to flesh out characters that have been there since the beginning, like Bonnie and Matt, who only see the light of day to prop up the others. Every season the writers have to ship off, send away or just plain ignore one or more of the main characters for half the season just so they can bring in a recurring one.

4. dude says:

I LOVE the movie Now and Then! So many fine actors but I don’t see how this will work as a show.

5. lorna says:

Agreed aims. They butchered the character of alaric (my fave) and the end of the season. And they are keepibg meredith around. Ugh. As for PLL, I really don’t want to see adams obnoxioud personality on my shows.

• slynnc says:

Not sure where you get the idea that Adam has an obnoxious personality. Funny, I don’t get that at all…in fact I see a beautiful human being there.

6. Adam Lambert is pure charm, talent, charisma personified! he has great acting experience and now it’s time for all of America to see it and to hear his stunning voice! He’ll bring his classiness to any set and oodles of ratings!

7. slynnc says:

I have never seen PPL but you can bet I will watch the episode with Adam.

8. Helen says:

So exciting, I can’t wait to see Adam on the show. Woohoo!

9. Nooooooooo, get out of my shows, Lambert. “Stop trying to make [Lambert] happen, it’s not going to happen.”

I hope this new VD character functions as something to move the bigger story along, one that doesn’t get her own arc, because I too miss our “originals” — the main characters, that is.

10. Talsa says:

I read somewhere that the new TVD character was named Melissa. Also I would bet that unknowingly one of the core characters was somehow involved in April’s father’s death, because aren’t the main cast basically responsible for all of the death in Mystic Falls. But I bet she’ll never find out because as soon as Jeremy falls for her-she has to die, it’s like a rule, haha.

• Shaun says:

I wonder if she’s Carolines half sister?Was her dad gone that long?Hmm….who else died lately.Wasn’t there a news guy that died too?

• Russ says:

It says she shares a history with Elena and Jeremy. I’m thinking cousin, or possible Elena’s biological half-sister. Plus Caroline’s dad was gay.

11. Brooke says:

Oh my goodness, a Now and Then show? That was the very first movie I saw in the theaters with friends, unaccompanied by parents, back in the day. I wonder if they’d have Devon Sawa pop over from Nikita to pay a visit…