Emmys

Emmy Nominees React! Who Said What?

Many of TV’s finest got an early wake-up call as Emmy nominations were announced Thursday morning. After getting over their initial grogginess and surprise, they came out of the congratulatory haze to express their happiness and/or disbelief and share the sometimes-unusual ways in which they discovered they were in the race.

Here are the reactions from this year’s nominees (listed here) that TVLine has collected thus far — keep checking back for more!

More Emmys 2012 Coverage on TVLine.com: Michael Ausiello’s Snappy Judgements | The 37 Biggest Snubs

TAGS:
GET MORE: Awards, Emmys, News, Photo Gallery

1. Sara says:

Where. Is. Jane. Krakoswki?

2. Samantha says:

I was really hoping for a nomination for Robert Carlyle from Once Upon a Time. I cannot wait for Mad Men, Breaking Bad, 30 Rock, etc. to be over so that the Emmys can inject some new blood into the mix. If you don’t watch those shows, you might as well not watch the Emmys.

• AJ says:

Well even though you don’t watch them it doesn’t mean that they aren’t the best shows on TV. 30 Rock is past it’s prime but if you have never watched Mad Men or Breaking Bad you are missing out on some of the best drama ever produced for television. I don’t watch The Good Wife yet I understand why is gets lots of Emmy consideration.

• Uranico says:

30 Rock is past it’s prime? You obviously didn’t watch season 6. It was a massive improvement over season 5.

Plus, if there’s any show on this list that really annoys me, it’s Mad Men. I don’t understand how it beat out The Good Wife this year, because season 5 was almost a complete snooze. I can’t even stomach the thought of it winning.

3. Daniel says:

I find it really telling that Outstanding Drama, Outstanding Actor Drama, and Supporting Actor Drama were all cable shows. (and the Outstanding Actress Drama would have been too were it not for TGW). I hope networks finally get a clue and take a look at what cable is doing right.

• For one Cable have it easier with the lack of censorship, network have to make their shows available to everyone hence why you dont tend to see any naked bodies or hear any swear words!

• Mike says:

I’ll fill in for whoever was making a slight correction over on EW.com. Downton Abbey actually aired on PBS in the states, and that is not cable.

And while cable arguably has the best quality dramas these days, they still aren’t the highest rated shows. People still flock to the stuff the networks are dishing out. There is Kyle Killen who has attempted 2 shows on network TV with the cable show format in mind. (Lonestar and Awake) Neither of them lasted too long even if they were great premises. Networks have to make money, so they’re going to keep making what sells, for now. LIVE TV audiences keep dwindling, so it’s only a matter of time before the entire TV landscape has to dramatically (pun intended) change.

4. Jenny says:

Aww, that’s adorable! Only think I was really happy about when I heard the nominations! Go Mayim!

5. Ibrahim says:

Max Greenfield you don’t deserve it you idiot!!!! not fair AT ALL! STUPID EMMEYS

6. Uranico says:

Am I the only one who absolutely hates Mr. Bates? His storyline from seasn 2 was what bogged it down really, for me. So much time spent on him for no reason.

• Karen says:

I too dont like Mr. Bates. I also for some reason dont like Anna and Bates. They did focus a lot on him which is prob why he got the nom. I personally liked season 2 a lot even though most say it was bad.

• i hate home brands says:

he was on captain pugwash masterbates. sorry marsterbates

7. Tootsie says:

hmmm the wording of jessica lange’s statement is a bit odd. “who make Constance such an interesting character to play”. present tense. does this mean she still plays Constance in the new series?

8. aleksa says:

I think it’s adorable that Jim Parsons was so happy about someone else’s nomination. He seems like a sweetheart.

• Laura says:

Sigh, Isn’t he? Gosh he’s so adorable I love the relationship he shares with Mayim <3 I really do hope they both win!!

9. Mike says:

Julia Louis-Dreyfus really missed an opportunity there to say, “I am speechless. I am without speech.”

10. Mrs. Peele says:

What about Sci Fiction or Fantasy? Nothing, as usual for SUPERNATURAL? (unless I missed it hiding somewhere) Jim Beaver was a possible nod for one because of his superb performance in ‘At Death’s Door’ (great episode as well). I am also so tired of these ‘reality’ shows – the only ones I like are the talent shows – the rest are just a tv show with someone with a camera following you around for whatever inane reason and this is ‘real’?

11. Mark says:

I AM VERY HAPPY FOR MICHELLE DOCKERY.

12. Rachel says:

So super excited for Sherlock. It’s about time they get some recognition of what they do. Now if only they could be taping the new season already.

13. This says:

So happy for Homeland and cast, Jim Parsons, and especially Mayim Bialik and Sherlock and cast! Today is Benedict Cumberbatch’s birthday so this must have been quie a good present. I’m really glad Sherlock is getting such good traction in the States and I’m also very pleased that Martin Freeman was also recognized.

14. Connie Britton y’all. :)

15. DAV says:

I just so excited that Joanne Froggett got a nomination. Anna and Mr. Bates are the real reason to watch Downton Abbey.

16. Lorie says:

I think I’m most happy for Max Greenfield. Kudos to him!

17. sarah says:

MR ”EMMY” WHERE IS ROBERT CARLYLE?!? HE IS THE BEST! *GRRRRRRRR*

18. Series that We consider to be not only nominated for emmys 2013 but that sholud win is Supernatural Series Paranormal world stories often based on real events but the unique and magnificent Performance of jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles makes it even more real and exciting, so we want them to be the next winner of this award is an important as the Emmy.

Please consider our request for these two great Actors are the next winners in the next year, will be very happy if this happens.

Thank you so much.