Scoop: CBS' Unforgettable Shakes Up Cast for Season 2 — Who Is Definitely Returning?

It’s a good thing Unforgettable‘s Carrie Wells has that super-memory, because she may need it to remember some of the colleagues who helped her crack cases during Season 1.

Sources confirm for TVLine that the CBS procedural, which in late June was plucked from the cancellation ashes and slotted for a Summer 2013 encore, has dropped three of its series regulars.

RELATED | CBS Renews Unforgettable for Season 2

So while Poppy Montgomery, who stars as The Rememberer (aka the show’s original title), Dylan Walsh and mid-season add Jane Curtin have all been signed for Season 2, Michael Gaston (The Mentalist), Kevin Rankin (Justified) and Daya Vaidya — who played Detectives Mike Costello, Roe Saunders and Nina Inara — are no longer a part of the full-time cast.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Rejiggering a show’s ensemble for its sophomore run is not uncommon, especially as it regards a series that might need to reinvent itself in the name of proving worthy of a last-minute reprieve.

Unforgettable fans, is this cast shake-up a price you’re OK to pay to get Carrie and Al back?

Comments (53)

• As long as Poppy and Jane are still there I’ll keep watching! Love the show, can’t wait for season 2!

Comment by Sarah – July 18, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aw come on!!! First Body of Proof dumps most of it’s regulars, now this show is doing it too?
      I was really beginning to like Roe (even though he was a dope for the first episodes).
      I agree that I’ll definitely keep watching if they keep Jane Curtain. She was an awesome addition to the cast in the second half of the season.

Comment by Kvivik – July 18, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good choices, I think. I’m glad to see them sticking with Jane Curtin. She added a nice spark to the show when she climbed on board. There’s still a lot to learn about her character, too. I’m happy with these decisions.

Comment by TV Gord – July 18, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Roe??? I didn’t like Carrie and Al. I like Roe!!!! T_T

Comment by Sara – July 18, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s too bad. Daya and Michael were definite strong points though Kevin was definitely nothing memorable. Jane Curtin was the best addition and definition improved the show.

Comment by courts – July 18, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad the show is back as well as Poppy, Dylan and Jane!

Comment by Diane – July 18, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No longer full time cast? Does that mean they will still be on show but in limited capacity such as “also starring” or as guest star? It kind of sucks for Kevin since Justified which he was so great on, killed him off for this show.

Comment by Jennifer – July 18, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The shows lame like the people who watch it

Comment by Dave – July 18, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But you some like a terrific person.

Comment by TV Gord – July 18, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oops, I meant “seem”, not some. I justed wanted to be clear, lame though it makes me.

Comment by TV Gord – July 18, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so you have seen it then, Right?

Comment by holly – July 19, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s too bad about the supporting cast, did like them, but as long as Poppy and Dylan are back I’ll watch!!!

Also, any word on whether Britt Lower will reprise her recurring role as Tanya the techy?

Comment by Allie Osterloh (@allieosterloh) – July 18, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • According to Deadline, Tanya (Britt Lower) is gone, too, unfortunately.

Comment by Lambsilencer – July 19, 2012 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Darn – I loved ROE and the tech geek. They were so cute.

Comment by trista – July 18, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is too bad. The number of parallels between this show and Body of Proof are ridiculous! I kind of saw this coming unfortunately..

Comment by Brandonrowe14 (@BrandonRowe14) – July 18, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dylan is returning. Too bad. He’s the reason I can’t watch this show. And I really wanted to. Especially because I love Jane Curtin and I haven’t seen her on anything since Third Rock from the Sun. But I can’t watch Dylan without thinking of Nip And Tuck so….too bad…

Comment by Ana – July 18, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is going to tank again.

Comment by Velvet – July 18, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kevin Rankin was the best part of the show, in my opinion. What a shame.

Comment by xsikal – July 18, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with you! He is an excellent actor who out-acted everyone else on this show! If he isn’t picked up by another program and fast, I would be shocked. Good luck, Kevin!

Comment by Suncatcher – July 19, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One thing that really irks me about this show is how blatantly it ripped off the ensemble structure of Body of Proof, and then added a tech girl that is a copy of the girl from NCIS.

Comment by Michael Sacal – July 18, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t mind losing the others but I love Roe, why can’t they keep him?

Comment by Cherish4 – July 18, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the others added to the cast. Now it is Carrie, the love interest, and a substitute mother figure. Is she incapable of building relationships? No Carrie / roe were finally getting a rhythm. They could have let the other relationships develop now that Al is free and interested. He’s a boss. That’s a problem for the relationship right there.

Comment by Robin – July 18, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Carrie, Al, and Curtin’s medical examiner are plenty enough to bring me back although I will miss Roe.

Comment by Jessica – July 18, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should’ve gotten rid of Carrie, one the least likeable character ever. She’s a giant *****.

Comment by Jason – July 18, 2012 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How can they get rid of Carrie, when she is the one, that the show is based on!!

Comment by Drey – August 18, 2012 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She Not A Bitch

Comment by Jane – February 8, 2013 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What??? I really liked those 3. It was the supporting cast that really made this show worth watching. Glad they are keeping Jane Curtin though.
    But I would have given up Dylan Walsh…his character is SO boring and that “romance” with Carrie is one of the least inspiring romances on tv right now

Comment by mia – July 18, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is going on with these shows! Body of Proof gets rid of cast members that I liked and now this. The other characters kept it from getting boring…not sure how this is going to work with three main characters. I’ll watch both these shows to check it out…then decide if I continue to watch…

Comment by Gemini – July 18, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The supporting cast MADE this show. Good luck getting a Season 3 now, even with Jane Curtin sticking around. She’ll be the only highlight next summer.

Comment by Justin – July 18, 2012 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too much. Get rid of Jane.

Comment by dan – July 18, 2012 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I forget already… I should say forgot

Comment by Jorin Reddish – July 18, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as the show comes back I think its ok. Was very disappointed when I thought it was going to be cancelled. As long as carrie and al are back Im ok.

Comment by Melissa Huskins – July 18, 2012 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With the three most important characters returning, I will keep watching. But I will definitely miss the supporting cast. I really don’st see how they could get anyone that would be as good. All of them appealed to me in their own right.

Comment by MaryAnn – July 18, 2012 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While it’s always unfortunate to see cast members go, I’m glad to see CBS gave Unforgettable a second chance. The ratings were never that bad to deserve the ax. I admit I stopped watching five or so episodes in, but now that it’s renewed I have a reason to purchase the first season.

Comment by Esaul – July 19, 2012 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kevin Rankin was the reason I watched. Bye!

Comment by Renee – July 19, 2012 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they could have changed some of the show’s writers, not the cast!

Comment by bobbie – July 19, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tough for the regular watchers to see so much of the cast go, but I’m glad Michael Gaston dropped out if it means he can come back on The Mentalist. :)

Comment by Joe Q. Public – July 19, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • loved the supporting characters especially roe he was the best part of the cast talented guy.

Comment by jj – July 24, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy it made it, but when I heard it was cancelled before the season finale aired I opted not to watch it b/c I didn’t want to have a cliff hanger and then be pissed. Now I’ve gotta find a way to watch it.

Comment by Eric J. Spaich – August 2, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to miss those three in the cast… at least we got Jane Curtain… and i’m really excited in how they will write a romance between Al and Carrie cuz i loved the flashbacks they showed of their past relationship
    i’m going to miss Roe the most though :/

Comment by Alison – August 7, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really pleased to hear this will be coming back and will definitely be watching it but disappointed at the cast shake up as I liked all of the cast, I thought the different personalities added something interesting.

Comment by Sarah – August 10, 2012 03:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was so happy to hear Unforgettable was back but now i am NOT going to be watching,. I LOVED Roe and Tanya and Roe had some budding chemistry there.

Comment by Tempy – August 29, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I´m so happy that Unforgettable reteurn. But I hope in switzerland they come faster than the last season

Comment by Cogi – January 2, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’am So Glad That Is Unforgettable Is Coming Back I Like Carrie Wells/Al Burns/Jo And Is A Bit Sad That Mike/Roe/Nina Is Not Coming Back On The Show

Comment by Jane – February 7, 2013 01:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Roe [Kevin Rankin] was an acquired taste. Bring him back.

Comment by Gary Kemper – June 15, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What episode is it where Carrie has the flashback about her and al having sex in a car while they are on a steak out years ago? Please answer if you know because its driving me crazy!

Comment by mollymop10 – July 19, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The supporting cast was 95% why i watched the show in the first place. Inloved Nina from the start and Roe grew on me. I loved the relationships each were cultivating with Carrie. Al is the most annoying person on the show. He’s incredibly boring and they failed at getting me invested in his character. I also think part of that is because the casting of Dylan is horrible. I don’t think he’s a very good actor, at least not for this character, and I don’t think he has any romantic chemistry with Poppy. They shoul have dumped him and kept everyone else. This show was great and they still cancelled it, now with half the original cast gone, I highly doubt they will be able to keep it afloat for much longer.

Comment by Patty A. – July 30, 2013 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i miss the queens team :(( roe and tanyaaaa! hahaha :)))))

Comment by tangledfracture – August 2, 2013 01:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am glad the show continues but I loved the love story between Roe and Tanya!

Comment by Daiana – August 16, 2013 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad the show is back on, I loved the first season and disappointed when it got canceled..However, not to crazy about the new crew..was happier with the other cast…they belong better in Queens NY…..

Comment by Martha – September 8, 2013 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Btw: not themto crazy about the Asian computer geek or even the new boss..get rid of them please…won’t last anymore..watch it get canceled again, this time for good…ain’t watching no more…..

Comment by Martha – September 8, 2013 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Que porre isso! Roe era o melhor =/ Eu adorava o resto da galera..
    Pra mim, estragaram o seriado. Deveriam ter jogado o Al no lixo e ficado com o resto.
    Comecei a assistir o primeiro episódio da segunda temporada agora pra ver se realmente era verdade que não teria o resto do elenco e fiquei muito decepcionada!
    Não vou mais assistir, ficou uma merda!

Comment by Renata – January 7, 2014 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you can use this site you can understand the language so please have the decency to post in English.

Comment by Fred Tallister – February 11, 2014 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post