Guys of Lost, Dexter, Walking Dead, Sopranos Enter the Ring in Best Bad Boy Bracket

It’s a disparate group of dudes who headline Round 2, Day 6 of TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament. James ‘Sawyer’ Ford of Lost dukes it out with Dexter Morgan of Dexter, while Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead tries to beat back The Sopranos‘ Tony Soprano.

Every day for the next several weeks, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field of 64 down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 2 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

And if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (41)

• Daryl♥♥

Comment by Jamie – July 18, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Daryl vs Sawyer — now that would be a tough choice!

Comment by sash fan – July 18, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • None of the above.

Comment by Velvet – July 18, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • DARYL DIXON!!!!! He’s smart, resourceful, hot tempered and has a killer instinct!

Comment by Christine – July 18, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone please tell me how Sawyer is beating Dexter. Dexter is a serial killer, you can’t get much more badbo then that!

Comment by Jamie K – July 18, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s a difference between bad boy, and psychopath

Comment by Alex – July 18, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sure, but the difference doesn’t matter, not according to the criteria in bold above anyway. I’d rename it “ultimate men who can bend the rules yet stay likable” and call it a day. Dexter certainly qualifies.

Comment by Emily – July 18, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True Dex is a serial killer BUT he only kills other serial killers thus making him kind of a good guy by offing them.

Comment by NoChance – July 18, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who seeded these brackets? Ben Linus versus Dexter in the first round? C’mon, ridiculous to see these two that could be finalists in a better draw.

Comment by gregk – July 18, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I honestly don’t know! I was just wondering the same thing myself! Dexter is an awesome bad guy!

Comment by Jenny – July 18, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sawyer is the best of all bad boys. Stunningly gorgeous, has a heart and is loyal until betrayed. I miss Lost and Mr Holloway.

Comment by Lucy – July 18, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter kills people; Sawyer picks flowers.

Comment by Mína – July 18, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sawyer and Daryl!!!!!!

Comment by Juliette – July 18, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This list sucks! Where’s Marlo Stanfield, Omar Little, Nucky Thompson…idiots.

Comment by Omar Comin – July 18, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daryl Dixon is beating Tony Sopranos? How does that even make sense?

Democracy sucks.

Comment by KAS – July 18, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tony Sopranos?

Comment by tripoli – July 18, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I meant Soprano. There’s no edit button. Sorry.

Comment by KAS – July 19, 2012 12:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daryl beating Tony Soprano ? Seriously? It’s a joke, right?

Comment by Bob Loblaw – July 18, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It just proves this poll is stupid as fanboys are taking over.

Comment by Nikolas – July 18, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my thought too, Bob. Tony killed a former good friend (if you can have friends and be a mob boss) then with the help of Christopher dismembered Ralphie before disposing of the remains all over the county (Ralphie’s head lobbed into rock quarry), ordered the murder of Adriana by Silvio (who’s hands were seemingly clean up until then) – and a few years later killed Christopher. Helluva lot of blood on ol Tony’s hands. Perhaps we should start a list of Tony’s kills.

Comment by NoChance – July 18, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never seen The Walking Dead, but I voted for Daryl Dixon for one reason – vengeance against the SOB that knocked out J.R. Ewing in the first round!

Comment by Steven – July 18, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha! My reasoning exactly.

Comment by Cass – July 18, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess Sawyer’s more of a classic bad boy when you consider the term, although my vote went to Dexter because he’s a total badass killer yet you end up rooting for him.

Comment by Nat – July 18, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • C’mon Daryl, now that Mal is out, I am counting on you to take this thing.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – July 18, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tony Soprano doesn’t have an ear necklace.

Comment by bird – July 18, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daryl and Sawyer

Rednecks 5eva!!!

Comment by lee – July 18, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter and Tony kill people how much badder can it get

Comment by ginnii68 – July 18, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really Dexter vs Sawyer..two hot men…ARGH alas I choose Dexter!

Comment by sarah – July 18, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I<3DARYL DIXON!

Comment by Amelia – July 18, 2012 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter vs Sawyer? Thats a hard one, I love Sawyer but Dexter is the pciture of badass so I have to go with Dex.

Comment by Isabelle – July 18, 2012 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Josh Holloway needs to come back to my TV screen!! I think he would do great on The Walking Dead or Justified. He’s already got the accent down^^

Daryl is lovable. Tony is a monster. So I went with Daryl.

Comment by Sareeta – July 18, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter is losing? F*ck no! Although I’d say he’s actually a good guy most of the time right? Except for when he’s wrapping people up in plastic, killing them and chopping up their bodies.

Comment by florence – July 18, 2012 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daryl! Soul surviving badass.

Comment by Jason – July 18, 2012 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would normally have automatically picked Sawyer, but i only recently started watching Dexter, and love it. So Dexter for me thanks.

Comment by Vanny – July 19, 2012 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still maintain hat any bracket that leaves out both Omar Little and Michael Weston is invalid. And Sam Axe too lol

Comment by AJ – July 19, 2012 03:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Vic Mackey?

Comment by Tim M – July 19, 2012 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s today’s poll? I can’t find it.

Comment by Elisabeth – July 19, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t understand how poeple can’t vote for Dexter.

Comment by bihi – July 22, 2012 04:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter offs people like Sawyer (who get away with murder) every other day. Period!

Comment by BKS – October 31, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post