The yet-to-be-titled series will follow Rose, his fiancée Kiana Kim and their attempt to blend their families together. The show will also chronicle the Cincinnati Reds star and onetime manager’s struggle with the controversial 1980s gambling scandal that has kept him out of the Hall of Fame and the sport he loves for over 20 years — an issue that he considers appealing again with the commissioner during the TLC project.
The Rose series is set to debut later this year.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Daniele Watts, who debuted on Showtime’s Weeds July 8 as a quirky and mischievous police academy recruit/love interest for Shane, will appear in a total of eight episodes, per Deadline.
• She’s gabbing again! Check out a promo for the new daytime talker The Ricki Lake Show, premiering Sept. 10:
• The CW will kick off its fall season with the exclusive broadcast of Clear Channel’s iHeartRadio Music Festival on Oct. 1 at 8/7c. Among the performers taking part in the concert are Usher, Bon Jovi, Taylor Swift, P!nk, Aerosmith, Rihanna, No Doubt, Lil Wayne, Miranda Lambert, Green Day and Mary J. Blige.
• NBC will air Jimmy Fallon’s Primetime Music Special on July 25 at 10 pm, featuring the Late Night host’s most memorable musical comedy sketches.
• Lifetime has set a new premiere date — Aug. 15 at 10 pm — for its social experiment The Week the Women Went, in which all the ladies of Yemassee, South Carolina, left for one week.
• Over in Ratings-land, The Closer this Monday drew 6.4 million total viewers, up 4 percent from its season opener, and also rose in the 18-49 and 25-54 demos. Lead-out Perception held steady-ish with 5.5 million total viewers while gaining 12 percent in the 18-49 demo.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?