Exclusive

Exclusive: Lori Loughlin Returns to 90210... For Dixon's Funeral?

When — or if — Dixon wakes up in the Season 5 premiere of 90210, his mom will be by his hospital bed.

Lori Loughlin, who played maternal Debbie Wilson on The CW’s soapy reboot, will return for the upcoming season’s Oct. 8 (8/7c) opener, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | 90210 Exclusive: Justin Deely Poised to Exit

Loughlin left the show in 2011 when its focus narrowed to include only the teen storylines. Her on-screen ex-husband, played by Rob Estes, departed after the show split them up in 2010; Loughlin’s Debbie had been flirting with teacher Ryan Matthews before the actress signed off at the end of the third season.

According to sources, Loughlin is returning solo: Estes will not appear in the premiere.

As fans of the famous zip code know, Dixon was in a car accident at the end of last season, just as he was begging Navid to stop Adrianna from relocating to Las Vegas.

RELATED | 90210 Exclusive: Gillian Zinser Not Returning as Series Regular for Season 5

So Loughlin will be back to do one of two things: help her son recuperate… or plan his funeral!

1. Mare says:

I like her! Missed her! :D Hopefully she does more than crying around!

2. EatMorePez says:

Dixon is not going to die. Why are you even suggesting this as a possibility?

3. Dyra says:

Don’t even mess with that notion Michael and Kim! We don’t want him to die! glad to have Lori back.

4. I quit watching the show because it was a cheap remake of the best teen drama ever made. But I’m curious… what did they do? Left the kids living without parents? o_O

5. Ray says:

She will always be Aunt Becky to me. She is still really hot though

6. ggny says:

Kinda sucks they are most likely killing off Dixon

7. ChuckieChk says:

I’d like to see Lori Loughlin find a guest role in the new Arrow, as she has played Carolyn Lance (aka Black Canary) in an episode of the short lived Birds of Prey television show. I know some may not like the idea, but I love keeping it in the DC Family and have her appear in some kinda of role that is linked to Katie Cassidy’s “Dinah Laurel Lance”.

• steveo says:

This will never happen, but how great would it be if she showed up as Dinah Drake Lance? In the comics, Dinah Laurel Lance – the Black Canary who romanced Green Arrow – was the second Black Canary, the daughter of the first, DInah Lance (nee Drake). It was Drake that the Carolyn Lance character from “Birds of Prey” was based on, kinda.

• ChuckieChk says:

I’d love to see that happen. Maybe if enough fans ask for it, we will get it. We got Teri Hatcher on Smallville, which was a nice passing of the torch so to speak.

8. molly says:

that cowboy is leaving the show, so i’m sure Dixon is staying..

9. 123 says:

Honestly don’t care for Dixon, I want more Debbie and Annie scenes

10. Brett says:

They should really try to bring back Rob Estes. Isn’t it kinda weird that the parents are here for all these big things in their lives? Dixon going to rehab/becoming a music star…not so much Annie, she hasn’t done much for a few seasons…

11. Eric says:

Where was she when he dropped out of college and became a drug addict and when her daughter became a prostitue?

12. Senna says:

This show got old fast! Someone needs to drag this show by its raggedy weave and tune into The LA Complex!

13. HJ says:

I love 90210 so much I cant stop watching it. & I hope Dixon won’t die too.

14. jared says:

Love 90210..cant wait to see Debbie in the premiere.

15. Just Wondering says:

I hope Dixon does die, his character offers nothing and the shock factor would be amazing finally something realistic but he won’t die and this is why, if he did Rob Estes would be back too for his son’s funeral therefore they’ll chicken out and write him with some sort of injury to get over, BORING

16. Steffy says:

I do not want Dixon to die! And Adrianna and Dixon deserved some happiness. I love those two together. I do miss the Debbie and Dixon scenes, 90210 you kill him I’m finished with you.

17. zjey says:

meh.. Dixon is boring.. but i know he’s NOT gonna die.

18. april-ann says:

Please do get rid of DICKson, and please, please make it so that he takes Annie with him. Sorry to hear that any one of those parents is returning; this reboot was screwed with so badly why bring any parent back for anything. I call for another reboot. Erase this one. No one will notice. It’s not too late, or too soon! And please do it right this time.

19. tvnewsplus says:

The problem with this show is that the adults are all gone. So when it was clear that Jennie Garth, Shannen Doherty and Tori Spelling were not coming back, I dropped the show and never looked back. This is not 90210, this is another version of Gossip Girl. It does not hold a candle to the original.

• april-ann says:

Agreed. It’s a travesty what they’ve done. But it shouldn’t stop others from giving it an honest try where they so failed. The whole premise can and should be done right.

20. Ella says:

Eh, I don’t mind if Dixon dies. I was hoping he would be the gay character in season 3, since Teddy and Silver were the best couple EVER (after Liam and Naomi of course). It might shake things up a bit to have him die. I actually wish they’d kill off Annie too, neither of the Wilson siblings are likeable or entertaining, unlike the original. Take the show back to its early season 2 glory, when all the best couples were together, Annie was an outcast and the storylines were still slightly decent.

21. Jill says:

Please, please, please let Dixon be dead! It should have happened season 1.

22. Naomi90210 says:

Annie and Dixon are supposed to be the main characters , so i dont think they’ll just kill him off… However, even though they’re the main characters , it seems that they have the least interesting story lines! All the other characters are far more fun to watch…

23. jared says:

Annalynne Mccords character Naomi carries the entire show. Dixon and Annie really aren’t the main characters anymore.

24. em says:

I hope Dixon doesn’t die because he’s one of the few main characters I don’t get annoyed at often (and his relationships with Adriana and with Silver have been my favorites of the show, along with Naomi and Max). However, it might prove to be interesting story-wise, considering 90210 may not last past this season.

25. annie and liam 90210 says:

i love annie !!!!!! and i hope dixon doesn’t die
    is naoimi or annie the main character?

26. Jrwatcher says:

They wont kill off dixion bcuz of Raj’s death that would be 2 deaths 1 season wouldn’t make any kind of sense

27. sam says:

i really like dixon,he have a super cool charater,i don’t want him to die,i’m glad that dibbie is back