TVLine Items: Fringe Vet Sees Mob Doctor, 90210 Alum to Lying Game, New Voice Adviser and More

Fringe vet Kevin Corrigan has been tapped to join Fox’s new fall drama, The Mob Doctor.

The actor — who has played the mysterious Sam Weiss in multiple episodes of the network’s sci-fi series — will playthe recurring character Titus Amato, a clean-cut member of a South Chicago crime family, EW.com reports. Corrigan’s TV credits also include Grounded for Life and Community (as “Professor Professorson”/Garrity).

In turn, Oz alum Terry Kinney will recur as Titus’ brother Salvatore, per The Hollywood Reporter. The Amatos have an association with the mob boss (played by William Forsythe) to whom Jordana Spiro’s titular doc ultimately owes a huge debt.

The Mob Doctor premieres Monday, Sept. 17 at 9/8c.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• 90210 alum Ryan Rottman will recur in Season 2 of The Lying Game, TVGuide.com reports. He’ll play a teen from — what are the odds? — Beverly Hills who has secrets of his own.

RELATED | Lying Game Season 2: Charisma Carpenter’s Mystery Mom Is Out for ‘Revenge’ — But Why?

Mary J. Blige has joined Season 3 of The Voice (premiering Sept. 10) as the adviser for Adam Levine’s team, Rolling Stone reports. She joins previously announced adviser Michael Buble, who’ll assist coach Blake Shelton. (Christina and Cee-Lo, you remain on the clock….)

TNT is setting sail with The Last Ship, an action/drama pilot from big-screen producer Michael Bay and based on the novel by William Brinkley. The project concerns a Navy destroyer crew that faces a new existence when a pandemic destroys most of Earth’s population.

According to TVByTheNumbers, Leverage‘s Season 5 premiere on Sunday night drew 3.39 million total viewers while scoring a 0.8 demo rating. (Last summer’s premiere did 3.42 mil/1.0.)

Bonnie Franklin (One Day at a Time) will guest-star on The Young and the Restless this August as a nun who interacts with Victor, per EW.com.

CMT has given the green light to four new series: Redneck Intervention, in which reformed rednecks are confronted by loved ones who believe they should return to their country roots; Chainsaw Gang, a docu-series about the folks who make “art” out of the aforementioned tools; Full Metal Racket, a reality show about the family who runs Kentucky’s Knob Creek Gun Range; and Rock Raiders, which follows two men searching the nation for the music memorabilia.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (8)

• can’t wait for the Lying Game to start back up :)

Comment by Elyse – July 17, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch anything on CMT, but from the sounds of it, it’s much like MTV, where the “M” is completely irrelevant.

Comment by George – July 17, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Redneck Intervention”? Oh, my god, seriously?

Comment by Angela – July 17, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly. I’m going to watch CMT as long as they play videos but once they only play them at times when I’m not awake, I’ll be searching for a new channel to watch in the morning. I really with CMT did NOT think they had to be like their sister network MTV :(

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – July 17, 2012 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was my question, Elyse! Hey TVLine crew, any word on the premiere date for the Lying Game?? Dying to know!

Comment by mirvin365 – July 17, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • looking forward to michael “e”Bay project

Comment by ISA – July 17, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • not surprised on the numbers for Leverage. I am a huge fan and did not even see any promos for the new season. I saw it only as I had the dvr set to record new episodes. Imagine my surprise when I saw Leverage on my playlist

Comment by Ethel – July 18, 2012 02:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read somewhere the lying game will premiere sometime in January.

Comment by jared – July 18, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post