White Collar, Suits, Veronica Mars and FNL Highlight Round 2, Day 4 of TV's Best Bad Boys

A couple of dapper hotties and a pair of high-school heartthrobs enter the ring for Round 2, Day 4 of TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament.

Yes, folks, we’ve got Neal Caffrey of White Collar battling Harvey Specter of Suits, and Logan Echolls of Veronica Mars duking it out with Tim Riggins of Friday Night Lights.

Every day for the next several weeks, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field of 64 down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 2 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

And if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (63)

• Neal vs. Harvey kills me – love them both! But LOGAN ALL THE WAY!!!

Comment by abby – July 16, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!

Comment by Mikaylah – July 16, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • harvey vs neal is tough. I agree
      but I pick Tim over Logan easily.

Comment by lee – July 16, 2012 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah you can’t argue with the magnetic bad boy charm of Logan Echolls – unless you’ve never watched Veronica Mars, of course.

Comment by Alexis – July 17, 2012 12:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal Caffrey vs. Harvey Specter – impossible choise! I don’t vote in that poll.

Comment by Dovilė – July 16, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • weird, Tim Riggins seems like someone who could have gone all the way to the finals. He’s not my favorite bad boy for sure, but I don’t watch Veronica Mars. I didn’t realize the show had that big of an audience that it could beat out all the girls who lust for Riggins.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – July 16, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Veronica Mars people always seem to be very…..passionate. Whereas FNL people are way more low-key, we don’t need a poll telling us that Riggins is awesome

Comment by Jess – July 16, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well if you watched VM, you would realize that Logan Echolls is the definition of a “bad boy.”

Comment by Judah – July 16, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So is Tim Riggins and he did it better.

Comment by Captain – July 16, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Ya he did.

Comment by rebecca – July 16, 2012 03:56 PM PDT
      • “….. Passionate” eh? At least have the guts to say what you really mean. Jason as Logan rocks!
        He also doesn’t have some of the world’s biggest flops connected to his name forever more.

Comment by Keenan – July 16, 2012 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Low key enough to make passive aggressive comments?

Comment by LRF – July 17, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Logan Echolls is in the upper echelon of teen bad boys with tortured hearts in there somewhere. He is a snarkier Pacey 2.0. Riggins is bad and cute but Logan is a defining member of the bad boy genre.

Comment by Jessica – July 16, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • plus Logan Echolls is totally sexier

Comment by bobbie – July 16, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You guys should think about posting some nice photos of the contestants, you know, so we can give a more informed vote.

Comment by blaster freak – July 16, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Logan Echolls vs. Tim Riggins? How am I supposed to choose?!?!

Comment by mundisue – July 16, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It literally took me 10 minutes to decide. Went with Logan.

Comment by Johnny – July 16, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree! Harvey vs. Neal was a bit easier. I ended up going with Harvey because he’s more ruthless than Neal. Logan vs. Riggins was so hard. How are we supposed to decide? They are both awesome at being bad boys. In the end, I had to choose Logan. He does tortured soul bad boy better than most.

Comment by Tenney – July 16, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I definitely made a mental pro/con list. #nerdalert

Comment by lauren – July 16, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh Neal vs. Harvey, so difficult to choose! I had to go with the criminal, though. He can literally charm the pants off any straight woman! (I think he came close with Diana but alas, she managed to resist)

Comment by Robyn Pennington – July 16, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Logan V. Tim was maybe the hardest decision in this whole poll. I voted Riggins, because, well, Texas Forever!!

Comment by Jessica – July 16, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Harvey vs. Neal?! What kind of sadistic monster designed the bracket???

Comment by CJ – July 16, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^This^

Comment by Katrinka – July 16, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The same one who put Jeff Winger against Barney Stinson in the first freakin’ round

Comment by Lexi – July 16, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @Lexi
        Exactly!!!!

Comment by moobear – July 16, 2012 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AGREED!!

Comment by Elyse – July 17, 2012 04:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no contest. it’s Neal all the way. he’s a criminal but his looks and charm give him the winning edge in all his capers.

Comment by julia murphy – July 20, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Logan vs. Riggins?!?!!? How can you even chose?

Comment by liz – July 16, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was tough, but I will always love Logan.

Comment by Abby – July 16, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • IT was tough to choose between Neal and Harvey BUT I am a huge Matt Bomer fan so he got my vote.

Comment by sarah – July 16, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch all of these TV shows and Logan’s fine, but I mean, come on it’s Tim Riggins!!

Comment by B – July 16, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Logan. All day everyday.

Comment by Jaime – July 16, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal v. Harvey…very tough! But had to go with Neal in the end. Logan was a much easier pick!

Comment by Amy – July 16, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal/Riggins FTW

Comment by Captain – July 16, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal vs. Harvey?

You crush my heart with such match ups. However I’m gonna have to go with Neal, just for the sake of having watching White Collar for four seasons instead of two.

Comment by Kassie – July 16, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal/Harvey is a horrible choice. I actually went with Harvey, though. He’s badder.

Comment by aunt_deen – July 16, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so shocked that Harvey is losing. I mean Neal is gorgeous, but Harvey Specter is a total bada**, especially this season.

Comment by Ashly – July 16, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I refuse to vote in a pole that has any chance of knocking neal out. I love both of those characters.

Comment by jake – July 16, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Logan vs. Tim? That’s inhuman!

Comment by Renee – July 16, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Logan will always be my choice

Comment by Melissa – July 16, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal vs. Harvey is impossible! Took some serious thought but I went with Harvey, as others have said here, he’s the more ruthless choice. Also, Logan!

Comment by Jason – July 16, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal Caffrey for the win. ANY DAY.

Comment by Deena – July 16, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you gotta love tim riggins but it is hard for me to imagine there being anyone who will get me to vote against logan echolls.

Comment by murley – July 16, 2012 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved both shows but it kinda makes me sad that Friday Night Lights was so underwatched, a UPN show is more popular. Or at least that’s what this poll tells me. I’d say Logan is badder, but I like Riggins more.

Comment by TigerNightmare – July 16, 2012 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am currently re-watching all the seasons of Veronica Mars. How could I not vote for Logan. LoVe all the way!

Comment by Mandy – July 16, 2012 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Logan vs Tim?!! Why do they have to go head to head? I just rewatched all 3 seasons of VM this summer & fell in love with Logan all over again, but compare the two with shirts off & Tim wins hands down ev. time!

Comment by mskrispee – July 16, 2012 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TIM RIGGINS!!!

Comment by Jenn – July 16, 2012 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I loved VM (and Logan) it’s gotta be Riggins! Come on Riggins!!

Comment by Amanda – July 17, 2012 12:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hard choice but Matt is hottest and sexiest so he wins

Comment by Jess – July 17, 2012 01:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I kinda like Tim Riggins too but against Logan? Logan Echolls all the way!!!

Comment by charmedlass – July 17, 2012 02:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg, what the hell am i gonna do next round when it’s Neal v. Logan? *sigh* you’re killing me, Slezak!

still… LOGAN ALL THE WAY ;)

Comment by abby – July 17, 2012 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love, I mean LOVE Logan. But Tim is just IT! He’s the ultimate bad boy in my opinion. I’m truly saddened he’s not in the lead. I thought for sure he’d go all the way.

Comment by soarin829 – July 17, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Logan vs Tim was an impossible choice, but the Logan/Veronica love story put Logan on top. Two great shows and two great characters.

Comment by MAS – July 17, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal Caffrey, baby!

Comment by Sophie – July 17, 2012 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal vs. Harvey.
    Harvey is more ruthless, people say, but Neal is the better bad guy.
    I mean, he robbed a bank of millions of dollars and walked out the front door with a smile (S2E1).
    Neal Caffrey FTW.

Comment by Miriam – July 17, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Without a doubt Harvey….though Neal has a little boast being that 90% of the female population just saw him half naked in Magic Mike. Harvey Spector is the MAN!!!

Comment by livebyfaith – July 17, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love neal, but went with harvey. and TEAM LOGAN!!

Comment by airhead – July 18, 2012 02:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so absurd to me Tim Riggins might be my all time favorite bad boy ever- if not number one definitely top 5!! Where are all these VM fans coming from??

Texas forever!!!!

Comment by KK – July 18, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal vs Harvey. I had to go with Team Con Artist.

Comment by Jennifer – July 19, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Logan Echolls. One episode: Weapons of Class Destruction.

Comment by Tia – July 19, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Idk how Tim riggins is loosing…I just don’t get it. I <3 Logan but I mean come on…its # 33!! Big Tim Riggins! Granted its a hard choice as i said but If he doesn't win, in the words of Tim himself, I'll find whoever put this poll together, punch hole in his chest and rip his lungs out for putting them up against each other lol

Comment by Holli Connors – July 19, 2012 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal Caffrey all the way!=)

Comment by Gel Mariano (@zhiloalexia) – July 24, 2012 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post