Comic-Con

Revolution's Ragtag Survivors on a New World Order and Playing Against a Breaking Baddie

True Blood‘s fangsters and Grimm‘s assorted ghouls will look like harmless dragonflies once NBC’s Revolution premieres this fall, because the new drama contains one of the scariest concepts modern man has ever faced: a world without Apple products. The horror!

I talked to several members of the cast  – Giancarlo Esposito, Tracy Spiridakos, Billy Burke and JD Pardo — during Comic-Con, and they previewed what happens when (in the pilot’s first few minutes) all of the world’s power shuts off and doesn’t return… ever. Fifteen years after the event, people are still searching for connections, both electrical and emotional. Some even carry around blank iPads and iPhones — “Those devices are basically dead,” Esposito says — hoping that someday they’ll be able to charge them and see the faces of people they loved and lost.

RELATED | Fall TV First Impression: Talkin’ ‘Bout Revolution

Speaking of Esposito, he’s got some big fans sitting on the sofa with him, thanks to his scary-good turn as Breaking Bad drug lord Gus. (For the record, he says his terror-inducing militia commander character Neville in Revolution  is “a lot more fun.”)

Press play on the video below to hear more about the upcoming fall drama and to find out how much of a road map the cast members got from executive producers J.J. Abrams and Eric Kripke.

Tags: ,

Comments (14)

• Who’s the leather jacket guy? He’s kinda super hot…

Comment by Johnny – July 16, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He is playing an a hot badass archer on the show, damn you NBC now I will have to watch. Yeah i am mostly likely watching for the archery.

Comment by Izz – July 16, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Revolution. As much as they wish, the show is just not going to be the answer to NBC’s prayers. It can’t even generate enough buzz for more comments on this article.

Comment by Emily – July 16, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol on this article? You could try a bit harder to be a troll, I mean you can do better than this. The preview on YouTube has over 7 million views? But I’m guessing it is just the other 5 people commenting on this article watched it over a million times each. lol

Comment by That Dude – July 16, 2012 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Impressive Youtube views, obviously very hyped and people never learn. The premise is dull, uninspired and been done before = same results,only this time its even worse. Another NBC hyped flop just waiting to happen.

Comment by zath – July 16, 2012 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You mean like as hard as you’re trying to troll me? Thanks, but I’ll pass. I meant that it seems like the next Terra Nova. It seems high profile and is being heavily promoted, but ultimately seems uneven and will not debut to the numbers that NBC is hoping for (and probably requires to continue funding the show). I will check it out because I always check out these kinds of shows, but I’m approaching it with caution, since I know people who’ve seen the pilot and they did not have good things to say. But hey, with NBC, you don’t need huge numbers to stay on the air at the moment.

Comment by Emily – July 17, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well unlike you i’ll be watching. i’ve wanted to watch it since i saw the preview for the pilot!

Comment by Elyse – July 17, 2012 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for this :). Creator of Supernatural. Co-Creator Of Lost. Great Actors. Great Story. Seems Like This Show Could Be A Instant Classic.

Comment by adambramble – July 16, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s just not belivable If all electricity shuts off, why doesn’t the electrical impulse of the human nervous system shut off as well? If we just don’t have electricty, why are we reverting back to an agrarian society- have these people never heard of steam power? The premise just does not hold up under scrutiny, and I predict this to be one of, if not the first show cancelled next fall.

Comment by Whimsical – July 16, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I dont know the facts about the human bodies electrical impulses, and we dont know what causes the world wide blackout, so thats not really bugging me at all, but what you mentioned after does make me go “hmmm…” Its true, if electricity everywhere has gone down…there have been things before (like you mentioned steam) that worked. Idk if it will get cancelled because of this though, remember 90% of the viewers watching this show on NBC at 8pm or w/e, will probably not be as deep thinking or critical of that. ………………………………………………………………………………………………………….I am saddened however that this is on NBC…i just dont like how NBC makes shows, they all have the same “look’ of not being gritty or real like some ABC shows and most Fox shows, they just….are colored like their peacock, just bright and colorful. That works for some shows (30 rock, community etc) but for the “gritty realistic” shows like Heroes and Revolution etc, it is a big negative.

Comment by M3rc Nate – July 16, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll give it an ep or two

Comment by Shaun – July 16, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I finally get an answer as to how to pronounce “Giancarlo.”

Comment by Drewer – July 16, 2012 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’ll be watching this show! one of the ones i’m most excited for this fall.

Comment by Elyse – July 17, 2012 05:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping for syfy channel to pick this up but still I want to see this. Since there nothing else to watch.

Comment by Adam – July 31, 2012 01:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post