Comic-Con

Is Pushing Daisies Bound for Broadway?

Pushing Daisies‘ Ned might not be able to touch true love Chuck, but he just might be able to touch the hearts of Broadway theatergoers sometime in the near future.

At least, that’s what Daisies creator Bryan Fuller hinted at during Comic-Con, both during a panel for his new NBC showsMockingbird Lane and Hannibal — and when he talked with TVLine’s Michael Ausiello.

“We’re working on something that is definitely a Pushing Daisies revival,” he teased, choosing his words carefully, “and the idea would be to have as many cast [members] as we can to participate in it.” (We can almost see the dancing pies musical number now!)

RELATED | Scoop: NBC’s Munsters Reboot Casts Eddie Izzard as Grandpa!

As for his other projects? The Heroes vet said Munsters reboot Mockingbird Lane has a “velvety elegance” to it and that the network has been “incredibly supportive” throughout — so supportive, in fact, that the pilot “looks like a $150 million movie.” Even cooler, he’s on board with bringing cast members from the original sitcom into the modern-day retelling. And Hannibal, the Silence of the Lambs prequel set to start shooting in August, will be gory and provocative. “We’re going to be pushing the envelope until it pushes back,” he promised.

Press play on the video below to see what other tidbits Fuller shared, and then sound off  in the comments: Would you pay to see  Pushing Daisies on the Great White Way?

1. C says:

I loved that show!! It would be nice to see it back on TV, but it would be interesting to see how it turns out on Broadway…

2. Anna Lam says:

I’d see Pushing Daisies in any way, but it would be hard to not have Lee Pace in it…

3. aunt_deen says:

I just wish they could do just a short miniseries to wrap up the story.

4. Kasey says:

YES, yes, a thousand times yes!

5. L says:

I’d cross the ocean to see it on Broadway. Booking plane tickets right now.

6. Faye DiGiovanni says:

I would see it on Broadway if most of the original cast was in it.

7. Raven_Moon says:

I’d rather they make a movie. Something available to everyone instead of just people who can afford to go to NY & see a show.

8. Samanthaaalee says:

I thought they’d do a movie or something.

9. Kalee says:

A Broadway revival? Kind of limiting the audience, but I’ll take it!

10. ggny says:

just end it already. i loved pushing daisies but hell it been 3+ years

11. Kevin H. says:

Regarding everything this man is doing– YES YES YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!! Welcome back, Bryan, you brilliant human being!

12. murley says:

a broadway musical is a lovely idea but what about the comic?? make it happen bryan!

13. Emily says:

I LOVED that show, and I miss it sooo much

14. mylie says:

I love this show so much!!! This needs to happen”

15. Mandy says:

I will fly to New York just to see that on Broadway if it happens. But it must have Kristen Chenowith and Lee Pace in it. Those two, live… A dream come true.

16. Drew says:

Was he really teasing a Broadway show, or was he just not saying anything at all?

Either way, they might as well stage readings in his living room, because it would be completely useless to me as a Broadway play. No matter how much I would want to see it, it’s not like the average person can just take off to New York for the weekend.

17. l.a says:

pay? I would fly to new york (from the over the sea) especially for it!!!

18. KK says:

I would buy a ticket today!!!!!! Miss Pushing Daises, such an original.

19. Ash says:

I miss Pushing Daisies. I just got sad again thinking about it. :(

20. Pavone says:

Yes, because what better way to revive a series that struggled with low viewership than by staging a play or musical that only a tiny fraction of the already small fanbase will actually be able to see? I’d like to think Brian Fuller has good enough business sense to make a movie rather than a live show.

21. Geo says:

Pushing Daisies already has a lot of Broadway connections, so this actually sounds like a great idea. Chenowith is a Broadway staple and has won a Tony, Lee Pace has been excellent in things like last year’s “The Normal Heart,” Swoosie Kurtz has won two Tony awards, Ellen Greene has done a lot of theatre and been nominated for a Tony, and a lot of Broadway biggies like Raul Esparza popped up in guest star roles on the show.

The show’s fairy-tale-like story seems like a natural one to turn into a musical, and one that could draw in audiences unfamiliar with the show. It’s actually a better move in the long run than putting out a comic, as the comic would please people who were already hardcore fans but isn’t gonna generate any larger interest, but if they pulled off a Broadway hit by any chance, you have the kind of thing that tours and potentially gets movie interest.

22. martha.peterson@gmail.com says:

Myself and like fifty people I know would be there in an instant please!! bring it back!!!!!

23. Valerie says:

YES to a Pushing Daisies revival in any way!!! One of the best shows of all time!!! I ‘d love to see those characters brought to life on Broadway!