Disney Renews Good Luck Charlie for Season 4

Get More: Kids TV, Renewals

Hey there, it’s Matt Mitovich. When last we tuned in, one of my twin sons, Jared, shared with you a first look at Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated‘s mysterious “Mr. E.” Well, Jared, now 9, has been itching to write again for TVLine, so here he is with news about another youth-oriented and Kardashians-free program….

Hi everyone! It’s Jared here. Long time no see! This time, I’m not talking about Scooby-Doo, I’m talking about my new favorite Disney Channel show, Good Luck Charlie! I’m here to tell you that this hit family comedy/live-action series has been renewed for a fourth season!

Here’s the scoop on what’s gonna happen. [Per the Disney Channel press release,] “Toby, the fifth Duncan child grows into a toddler, and Charlie embarks on new play dates, while the entire Duncan family household gets busier and is filled with entertaining milestones and daily amusements. Amy’s role as a full-time mommy blogger propels her to celebrity status; Bob has a career mid-life crisis and begins contemplating his next move; PJ develops a passion for the culinary arts; Gabe forms a special friendship with a girl; and, with college fast approaching, Teddy and Spencer evaluate their relationship.”

Sounds interesting, huh? I was hoping that Good Luck Charlie would have a fourth season, because most Disney Channel shows only have three seasons. In other words, Good Luck, Charlie!

OK, Matt here again. No, there still no word on a premiere date for Season 2 of Cartoon Network’s Scooby-Doo! MI. But Jared’s brother Jacob will be here to share that news once Dad can get it confirmed.

Comments (33)

• Thanks for the info Jared. My kids and I love this show! It reminds me of my fave childhood show, ” Growing Pains”. Love Amy Duncan, funniest tv mom in years!!

Comment by Raven64 – July 13, 2012 05:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! My 14-year-old & I both love Good Luck Charlie. Thanks, Jared, for the info! :)

Comment by TVIsMyPacifier.com (@tvismypacifier) – July 13, 2012 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thanks for the info I will each every episode I cant wait πŸ‘ΆπŸ‘ΆπŸ‘Ά

πŸ‘€
      πŸ’‹

Comment by Aishani – August 26, 2012 02:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt, I heard that season 2 of Scooby Doo starts July 30th, and that it’s going to air Mon-Fri. ;)

Comment by Marin KuhariΔ‡ (@Prkan_708) – July 13, 2012 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, that rumor has been around. Network is not confirming, however. We’ll report when it’s official.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – July 13, 2012 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jared, thank you so much for sharing the exciting news with us…..I know my kids will be thrilled to hear Good Luck Charlie has been renewed! This is something I enjoy watching with my kids!

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – July 13, 2012 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks Jared, Good Luck Charlie is also my favorite Disney show (it reminds me of the pre-Hannah Montana programming of yester-year) so I’m glad it is renewed, I was also worried it would not be back for a fourth season.

Comment by Mel – July 13, 2012 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was worried about that too

Comment by Amy – March 9, 2013 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!! My kids (and I) will are glad to know that the Duncan family is coming back. Well done, Jared! You’ve developed your dad’s knack for good reporting! ;-)

Comment by Mo – July 13, 2012 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks Jared! Great job!

Comment by Gilda – July 13, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the scoop, Jared! So glad to hear GLC was renewed. Great job! BTW, have you checked out Gravity Falls? It’s good.

Comment by Lorie – July 13, 2012 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is cool news. I’ve grown to like this show when I watch it with my daughters. It’s one of the better shows on the Disney show, and happy that it’s been renewed. :)

Comment by Cat – July 13, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, I’ve checked out Gravity Falls. It’s great! :D

Comment by Jared – July 13, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for the scoop, Jared! You seem to have your Dad’s way with words :) The future looks bright for TVLine: The Next Generation!

Comment by Michel – July 13, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks Jared! I’m so glad this show is coming back! My 11 year old cousin and I both love this show and others on the network. I’m probably one of few viewers who watches the shows on my own and for me since I don’t have kids :P

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – July 13, 2012 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I ❀ teddy and Charlie GLC is the best!

Comment by Kai – July 23, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Teddy and Toby

Comment by Amy – March 9, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey I love good luck Charlie its so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Austin Jester – December 31, 2012 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My kids and I love good luck Charlie. It is a very nice show, it’s one of the best shows on Disney channel…. I’m happy that the show it’s been renewed :)

Comment by aleny – January 23, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You rock!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒThanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Sheridan – January 26, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I ❀ GLC

Comment by Sheridan – January 26, 2013 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We have an official Facebook Page! Come and Like us for the official air dates and latest details

Comment by Paul – January 29, 2013 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks so much I love GLC! I’ve been wondering about the 4th season.

Comment by lovesGLC – February 5, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like this show Good Luck Charlie. I am looking forward to new season of Disney show Good Luck Charlie. Best Wishes for Leigh Allyn-Baker and her husband and family on their third baby this year 2013.

Comment by kimberly – February 9, 2013 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • will there ever be a new good luck charlie? i hope not because i am only 9 and i LOVE the show if there is thank you!!!!!! if not text or email me back

Comment by kendyll lagattolla – February 24, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • a

Comment by John Hp – March 14, 2013 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL Show is so funny!!!

Comment by John Hp – March 14, 2013 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am 14 and I’m in love with this show! I can’t wait for it to start again!

Comment by Macy – March 30, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • New season starts April 28th.

Comment by Junita Byrd – April 7, 2013 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just how long are they in that hotel for? At the end of last season Toby was still an infant. Suddenly he is at least a year old? He’s cute but that’s stretching it don’t you think?!

Comment by Nancy – April 20, 2013 11:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks I love watching good luck Charlie. It’s my fav. Show! I think that it should go for more then just one more season. I also think that they shouldn’t take Charlie (Mia) should stay on the show no offence to Eva.

Comment by Clarissa – July 31, 2013 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I meant I don’t think they should take Mia off the show

Comment by Clarissa – July 31, 2013 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show mostly amy

Comment by Micah – October 8, 2013 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post