Disney Renews Good Luck Charlie for Season 4

Hey there, it’s Matt Mitovich. When last we tuned in, one of my twin sons, Jared, shared with you a first look at Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated‘s mysterious “Mr. E.” Well, Jared, now 9, has been itching to write again for TVLine, so here he is with news about another youth-oriented and Kardashians-free program….

Hi everyone! It’s Jared here. Long time no see! This time, I’m not talking about Scooby-Doo, I’m talking about my new favorite Disney Channel show, Good Luck Charlie! I’m here to tell you that this hit family comedy/live-action series has been renewed for a fourth season!

Here’s the scoop on what’s gonna happen. [Per the Disney Channel press release,] “Toby, the fifth Duncan child grows into a toddler, and Charlie embarks on new play dates, while the entire Duncan family household gets busier and is filled with entertaining milestones and daily amusements. Amy’s role as a full-time mommy blogger propels her to celebrity status; Bob has a career mid-life crisis and begins contemplating his next move; PJ develops a passion for the culinary arts; Gabe forms a special friendship with a girl; and, with college fast approaching, Teddy and Spencer evaluate their relationship.”

Sounds interesting, huh? I was hoping that Good Luck Charlie would have a fourth season, because most Disney Channel shows only have three seasons. In other words, Good Luck, Charlie!

OK, Matt here again. No, there still no word on a premiere date for Season 2 of Cartoon Network’s Scooby-Doo! MI. But Jared’s brother Jacob will be here to share that news once Dad can get it confirmed.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Kids TV, Renewals

1. Raven64 says:

Thanks for the info Jared. My kids and I love this show! It reminds me of my fave childhood show, ” Growing Pains”. Love Amy Duncan, funniest tv mom in years!!

2. Awesome! My 14-year-old & I both love Good Luck Charlie. Thanks, Jared, for the info! :)

3. Matt, I heard that season 2 of Scooby Doo starts July 30th, and that it’s going to air Mon-Fri. ;)

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Yes, that rumor has been around. Network is not confirming, however. We’ll report when it’s official.

4. Jared, thank you so much for sharing the exciting news with us…..I know my kids will be thrilled to hear Good Luck Charlie has been renewed! This is something I enjoy watching with my kids!

5. Mel says:

Thanks Jared, Good Luck Charlie is also my favorite Disney show (it reminds me of the pre-Hannah Montana programming of yester-year) so I’m glad it is renewed, I was also worried it would not be back for a fourth season.

6. Mo says:

YAY!! My kids (and I) will are glad to know that the Duncan family is coming back. Well done, Jared! You’ve developed your dad’s knack for good reporting! ;-)

7. Gilda says:

Thanks Jared! Great job!

8. Lorie says:

Thanks for the scoop, Jared! So glad to hear GLC was renewed. Great job! BTW, have you checked out Gravity Falls? It’s good.

9. Cat says:

This is cool news. I’ve grown to like this show when I watch it with my daughters. It’s one of the better shows on the Disney show, and happy that it’s been renewed. :)

10. Michel says:

Thank you for the scoop, Jared! You seem to have your Dad’s way with words :) The future looks bright for TVLine: The Next Generation!

11. Thanks Jared! I’m so glad this show is coming back! My 11 year old cousin and I both love this show and others on the network. I’m probably one of few viewers who watches the shows on my own and for me since I don’t have kids :P

12. Kai says:

I ❤ teddy and Charlie GLC is the best!

13. Hey I love good luck Charlie its so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. aleny says:

My kids and I love good luck Charlie. It is a very nice show, it’s one of the best shows on Disney channel…. I’m happy that the show it’s been renewed :)

15. Sheridan says:

You rock!😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Sheridan says:

I ❤ GLC

17. Paul says:

We have an official Facebook Page! Come and Like us for the official air dates and latest details

18. lovesGLC says:

Thanks so much I love GLC! I’ve been wondering about the 4th season.

19. kimberly says:

I like this show Good Luck Charlie. I am looking forward to new season of Disney show Good Luck Charlie. Best Wishes for Leigh Allyn-Baker and her husband and family on their third baby this year 2013.

20. kendyll lagattolla says:

will there ever be a new good luck charlie? i hope not because i am only 9 and i LOVE the show if there is thank you!!!!!! if not text or email me back

21. John Hp says:

LOL Show is so funny!!!

22. Macy says:

I am 14 and I’m in love with this show! I can’t wait for it to start again!

23. Junita Byrd says:

New season starts April 28th.

24. Nancy says:

Just how long are they in that hotel for? At the end of last season Toby was still an infant. Suddenly he is at least a year old? He’s cute but that’s stretching it don’t you think?!

25. Clarissa says:

Thanks I love watching good luck Charlie. It’s my fav. Show! I think that it should go for more then just one more season. I also think that they shouldn’t take Charlie (Mia) should stay on the show no offence to Eva.

26. Micah says:

I love this show mostly amy