TV's Best Bad Boy Tourney: Round 2 Begins With Gossip Girl, Felicity, Dawson's and Hart of Dixie

Round 2 of TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament has begun, with our initial field of 64 down to 32 battered, bruised, but ultimately awesome characters.

Today’s matchups find Chuck Bass of Gossip Girl duking it out with Ben Covington of Felicity, and Pacey Witter of Dawson’s Creek going at it with Wade Kinsella from Hart of Dixie.

Every day for the next several weeks, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field of 64 down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 2 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

And if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (36)

• OMG Pacey wasn’t a bad boy… he was a wannabe! The only true bad boy is Chuck Bass!

Comment by Lindsey – July 12, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wade is way badder than Pacey. I never understood the Pacey love.

Comment by cjinsd – July 12, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Same! Pacey never really stuck me as being “bad.”

Besides, Wade is also a far better looking man.

Comment by hellmouth3 – July 12, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • badder??? Please, at least tell me English is not your native language!

Comment by Olivia – July 12, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s a difference between a bad boy and a sleaze bag. He waved goodbye to his bad boy cred around the time he started shopping his girlfriend around for hotels.

Comment by Captain – July 12, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you kidding me? He was a bad boy with a heart of gold. The best and most attractive kind of bad boy. This gossip girl guy is a joke. Let me guess your like thirteen?

Comment by Laura – July 15, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • and I still don’t get HOW on Earth was Ben considered a Bad Guy and how he won against Brian Kinney

Comment by Michele – July 12, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly! As a fairly recent QAF fan and a former Felicity fan! Brian Kinney is the ultimate bad boy. He is a bad boy and he is sexy while doing it.

Comment by Jacqi – July 12, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bad Boy =/= Bad Guy

The difference is huge.

Comment by timetravellingbunny – July 13, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck takes his heat easy, but Pacey vs. Wade? That’s madness!

Comment by I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) – July 12, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pacey vs. Wade HURTS.

Comment by jill – July 12, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know! Is this how Sophie felt when she had to pick between those kids?

Comment by I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) – July 12, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I had to go with Pacey, but I wish they both could advance

Comment by Mary – July 13, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck beats Jess? Wut.

Comment by Courtney – July 12, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I KNOW. WHAT.

Comment by Rory (yes that is my name) – July 12, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so i’m a little late with looking at the entire bracket but where are the boys from Spartacus?? Crixus is the ultimate bad boy (hmm maybe that’s why you left them out, there would be no competition)

Comment by Karin – July 12, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know, I’d say that Gannicus is really the bad boy of that show… That said, it would have been cool to see some of those guys make the list.

Comment by wordsmith – July 12, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s Chuck Bass.

Comment by kam – July 12, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pacey all the way

Comment by gail – July 12, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree plus Joshua Jackson is the only person on the bracket twice to we win already!!

Comment by Liz – July 12, 2012 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pacey is a good guy. He doesn’t belong in this tournament.

Comment by Liz – July 12, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • while this is true i can’t vote against pacey. whatever the competition i must vote for pacey.

Comment by murley – July 12, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to say, I’m generally less excited about all of the contenders in this whole quadrant of the bracket compared to the others. I think Chuck Bass will come out on top, but can he really hold a candle to guys like Sawyer, Mal or the vampires in the other brackets? I guess we’ll see.

Comment by wordsmith – July 12, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, on second look, I think that Barney Stinson may edge out Chuck to take the upper left quadrant.

Comment by wordsmith – July 12, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pacey wasn’t exactly a bad boy but I don’t watch Hart of Dixie so I’ll have to go with Pacey.

Comment by caligirl – July 12, 2012 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wade! I don’t think Pacey was a bad boy at all really……I prefer him on Fringe anyway..LOL!

Comment by Juliette – July 12, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These choices were cake compared to what’s about to happen from that lower left bracket…some hearts are going to get broken.

Comment by Tricia – July 12, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooo! Vote for Ben!

Comment by Catalina – July 12, 2012 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How in the WORLD did Pacey beat Dylan???? Pacey wasn’t even a bad boy, and Dylan was the ultimate bad boy of the 90′s!

Comment by EC – July 12, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love love love Wade on Hart of Dixie, however, Pacey Witter is my favourite television bad boy of all time. Sorry Wade.

Comment by Ally – July 12, 2012 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will ALWAYS vote AGAINST Chuck Bass. The woman-hating piece of crap isn’t a bad boy, he’s the devil.

Comment by Ella – July 12, 2012 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who cares if Pacey wasnt actually a bad boy he did do a number of bad boy things plaus he is easily the best character out of these four, Pacey should always win, anyone who disagree must not of watched Dawsons creek all the way through, or you love Dawson! :D

Comment by Kate McKenna (@Katemadeleine) – July 13, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That crazy people talking random crazy things about Chuck Bass are the idiots that can’t tell the difference between reality and television, Chuck Bass is a TV CHARACTER, those things didn’t actually happened.

Comment by celine – July 13, 2012 11:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post