Comic-Con

Psych @ Comic-Con: Fantastic Season 7 - and Beyond! - Scoop, and a Major Character Death?

PsychPsych star and moderator Tim Omundson kicked back at his show’s Comic-Con panel with a nice, cool pineapple juice. The fans in attendance didn’t need one, though; their thirst for scoop was quenched by a tantalizing teaser reel from the upcoming seventh season — and man, was it sweet.

RELATED | Psych Exclusive: Look Who’s Playing Gus’ New Season 7 Love Interest!

Read on for highlights from the trailer and panel discussion, featuring talk of a dark detour and even a Season 8!

SEASON 7, HERE WE COME | For the USA Network comedy’s milestone year – which includes a special 100th episode – the producers have gone all out. The special installments glimpsed in the preview included a geektastic Clue-homage and a handheld, Blair Witch-style search for Bigfoot that sends Carlton into hysterics. Psych will also take a dramatic turn when Henry gets (fatally?) shot, leaving Shawn in shambles. The fake psychic will come face-to-face with his dad’s shooter, gun pointed at his face, and deliver a killer last line: “I will blow you away.” As for Henry’s fate: Though Corbin Bensen was present at the panel, he said, “I don’t know if I have a job.”

AND BEYOND | A savvy young fan went right to the top and asked USA Network exec Jeff Wachtel if there will be a Season 8. “We sure hope so. The guys deserve it,” he replied.

LOLS | Despite some serious storylines ahead, Shawn will still be his hilarious self. “I think ‘mature’ and ‘Shawn’ do not go together,” said Dulé Hill.

SING IT | As we reported earlier, a two-hour musical episode is in the works, and that ep will film in October. Only half of the special outing has been written, but the fans were treated to a few bars of a song about the “Murder Capital of the World.”

DON’T USE THE FORCE | “We would like to do something more extensive with Star Wars, but we really don’t have the money for it,” admitted executive producer Steve Franks. Added Hill, “I think George Lucas said, ‘Who are you?’”

A DEADLY COMEBACK | Will Ally Sheedy’s serial killer Mr. Yang return to terrorize Shawn and the gang? “I feel like it could go either way, but I’m certainly not going to say no, because she’s still alive,” said James Roday.

SWITCHING ROLES | If Gus and Shawn swapped bodies for a day, Roday says Shawn-as-Gus would “probably try to dunk [a basketball].” Meanwhile, “I’d probably get some Axe and style my hair,” joked Hill.

DO TRY THIS AT HOME | Coming to a bookstore near you on Feb. 19, 2013: Psych’s Guide to Crime Fighting For the Totally Unqualified!

1. What's up with that? says:

No word on Lassie and Marlow?

2. Kate says:

I really hope Henry is coming back! I have a feeling they are having him play it cool, but it is making me nervous!

3. Erin says:

i really hope this isn’t true, but “serious storylines” for Shawn may allude to Henry dying.

4. Jo says:

They can’t kill off Henry. He’s great. They need him as a contrast to Shawn. I do wonder even if they would do that, if he’ll still be on the show in the beginning flashbacks. Plus, after all these years he’s still one very attractive man.

• Pat Graney says:

Oh, they could very well kill him off; Roday is a producer (as is Hill) and Roday probably wants to (a) give more screen time to his girlfriend, Maggie Lawson and (b) more time to Curt Fuller as Woody. You notice he has had an increasingly bigger part. But I hope they keep Corbin Bernsen; he’s a nice “antidote” to all the immature hijinks of the younger cast/characters.

5. Ashlyn says:

I’m sure Henry will survive. Shawn’s relationship with his dad is a huge part of the show. I’m hopeful and optimistic!

6. Cheryl says:

Henry has to survive hes such a huge part of this show!

7. chrissy says:

When does season 7 start?

8. s. says:

Super! Thanks a bunches Vlada! Just wish I could of been @the Con :(. Can’t wait for the new season, I’m positive there’ll be an 8th season!

9. chrissy says:

Thank you for info i cant wait till season 7 starts:)

10. Gilda says:

Being that it was psych I hadn’t even considered the possibility that Henry would die. Now I’m worried, crap…

11. A says:

I think a Freaky Friday episode on Psych would be hilarious. Shawn as Gus and Gus as Shawn. Juliet as Lassiter and vice versa. I can just picture it. :)

12. Carrie says:

Oh, how I love this show.

13. Tiffany says:

At the Psych panel over at Nerd HQ prior to the Comic-Con one, they were really wanting Zac Levi for the musical episode. He said he would love to be in it… granted, considering Zac was the host of Nerd HQ it could have just been a lot of kissing up to each other. I for one would love to see Zac on Psych. Can he be a recurring character ala Woody (and Buzz!)?

Funny story regarding Woody and Buzz as character names. Steve Franks said he never made the Toy Story connection until very recently when he mentioned both of them would be in an episode. Totally random happenstance.

14. Kelly says:

Psych is my favorite comedy show. Thanks for the info. Season seven sounds awesome. I adore Henry and Shawn’s relationship. I hope it is explored more and that Henry is ok. Lassie and big foot sounds hilarious

15. Sensitive says:

What about shawn and jules wat will happen in season 7

16. ndnudncdkmncjd says:

anyone know when season 7 starts? (the exact date?)

17. My 12 year old daughter and I are practically clinically addicted to Psych. We have watched each episilodes a dozen times, own all the box sets, own a Psych sweatshirt, and I even have the same phone cover that Shawn has…cool! But we are dying to know when the new season starts and we are at odds about what happens to Henry. Neither of us wants him to die but my daughter is hopeful he’ll be back. I’m thinking that Henry and Shawn wouldn’t have had such a touching moment at the department, with the handoff of the pocketknife and plans to have beer as mutually respecting men, if something very tragic weren’t about to happen. I know I’ll cry if Henry dies (and curse the writers) but then Shawn and Juliet can move into the home. Also, there would be room for Shawn’s mother to play a bigger role. God knows Shawn needs someone to look after him. But for now we say ANNOUNCE THE START DATE ALREADY and GO HENRY!! We love you big guy and aren’t the good guys always supposed to win or was that the 1950s?

18. michael says:

I’m watching wwe raw at the moment, and I don’t see anything about psych starting, Man I can’t wait for season number 7. C’mon man!

19. Adee says:

As someone stated earlier Henry is a contrast to Shawn and makes a huge part of the show. Without Henry it will be sad because their feud is a vital part and without it a lot if laughter will be gone.

20. bobbi says:

luv the show. cant wait till its back on. luv shawn and gus/

21. Dexter says:

Psych is too lighthearted to have a character die. Henry will be fine.