TVLine Items: J.Lo Hints at Idol Exit, Kristin Chenoweth Out of Hospital, Fresh Hell and More!

It’s looking more and more like American Idol will be decidedly J.Lonelier next season.

Appearing on NBC’s Today Thursday morning to promote Ice Age: Continental Drift, pop diva Jennifer Lopez hinted that she might be done as an Idol judge. As noted by TVGuide.com, Lopez ducked a question about her future on the Fox hit a bit and said, “I am thinking it’s maybe time for me to go and do other things I really love to do like films … and performing.” Lopez also stated that she’d already stayed with the reality juggernaut a year longer than she originally intended.

Would losing Lopez be a good or a bad thing, Idol faithful? Sound off in Comments!

RELATED | Adam Lambert as an American Idol Judge? Four Reasons He’d Be a Great Addition

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• A day after being injured on set of CBS’ The Good Wife, Kristin Chenoweth has checked out of the New York hospital where she was being treated. “Kristin has been released from the hospital and is home recovering. She thanks everyone for their prayers and well wishes,” Chenoweth’s publicist said in a statement.

• Nickelodeon has ordered a 26-episode Season 2 of The Legend of Korra, EW.com reports. The animated series, which includes characters voiced by Kiernan Shipka (Mad Men) and David Faustino (Married with Children), will return next year.

• Community bad boy and Soup chef Joel McHale will co-host Live! With Kelly for three days, from July 25-27, when their guests will include The Campaign’s Will Ferrell, Zach Galifinakis and Dylan McDermott, The Newsroom‘s Olivia Munn and Bachelorette Emily Maynard. Ripa’s hubby and fellow All My Children alum Mark Consuelos will fill in on Monday, July 23, while the winner of Live’s national co-host search will take the chair on the 24th.

RELATED | TVLine Items: Is Seth Meyers Live’s New Host? Plus, a Fun Beverly Hills, 90210 Reunion and More

• Glee’s Kevin McHale will join longtime pal Demi Lovato in hosting this year’s Teen Choice Awards on July 22 (Fox, 8/7c).

• Big-screen star Johnny Depp will reprise his Edward Scissorhands role in one of Family Guy’s signature cutaway gags, according to EW.com. The animated Fox sitcom’s Season 11 bows Sept. 30.

• AMC has released the official Season 2 poster for Hell on Wheels, taglined “Raise Hell” and featuring a menacing Cullen Bohannon (Anson Mount) with his gun raised. Take a look below, then hit the comments with what you think is ahead for the post-Civil War drama, which returns Sunday, Aug. 12 (9/8c).

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Jrs says:

Hell on wheels? More like Boredom on Wheels. I tried getting engaged in this show, really wanted to like it, but found that when it came time to pick which DVRd show to watch, I couldn’t get any enthusiasm for it.

2. Lynn says:

I’m just hoping Steven stays. He may not be good with “juding” on the live shows, but I have a feeling (considering who his favorites tend to be) that he’s the one who is picking out the great talent we’ve seen in the past two season.

I kinda think JLo is that way too. So I wouldn’t mind her staying, but I’m hoping at least one of them stays.

Granted, if Idol is lucky enough to get Adam for a season, he’s got great taste himself..

• Templar says:

I’m pushing for Jon Bon Jovi or Kevin Bacon to replace Randy. I think Steven is needed for the auditions even though he doesn’t bring that much to the live shows. As for JLo, I wouldn’t mind seeing Alicia Keys, Cher, Nora Jones, or even Taylor Swift replace her.

3. cory says:

“do other things I really love to do like films … and performing”, seriously? why does our society feel the need to add “like” in sentences when there is no need for it?

• magreeda says:

You do realize that “like” is actually needed in that sentence? She’s using it as “for example” or “such as,” not as Valley Girl speak. She wants to do other things like (such as) films and performing. Maybe you need to actually know what you’re talking about before you start correcting other people’s grammar.

4. Time-2-Go says:

I will personally help J-Lo pack her bags, and I will personally help Randy Jackson relocate to Mars.

5. Linda says:

I’d be happy to see a whole new group of judges for AI next season. Randy has been useless for years, and I won’t miss Steven or Jennifer if they go. They are better than Randy, but he set the bar pretty low. Would love to have judges that are articulate and offer constructive feedback for the contestants (assuming Uncle Nigel allows them to offer it).

• jill says:

I agree with all of this. I’ve barely watched AI the past 2 years. If Randy stays, I’ll continue to stay away.

6. Joe Smith says:

Jennifer will be missed very much. She is professional and seems to really care about the singers.

7. V says:

Good riddance but where is she going to go or do? She sings like crap.

8. Ayana says:

Considering that she’s rich and famous,I really don’t think her singing’s crap.

• V says:

Really? You must not have seen her last performance on SNL. All the entertainment outlets bagged so hard on her singing.

9. Eli says:

“while the winner of Live’s national co-host search will take the chair on the 24th.” Does this mean we’ll finally know who will be the permanent co-host next to Kelly on July 24th or did I misunderstand this statement?

10. martina says:

I really hope JLo stays in AI. The less I hear her sing new songs and see her in films, the better.

11. Thari says:

Are you sure about the 26 episode order for Legend of Korra? I thought they ordered 26 episodes for two seasons total, 12 for season 1 and 14 season 2. I really hope that season 2 is 26 episodes long, cuz I couldn’t get enough of it, it was such a great show! I actually gasped when I read the news haha! I’m really excited to see more of uncle Bumi, he’s already my new favorite

12. Britta Unfiltered says:

I could not even begin to guess what the 2nd season of Hell on Wheels is going to do considering I could barely pay attention to any of the 1st season. All I remember about that show was it had some angry ex-Confederate soldier on it, some prostitute with a tattooed chin, and that poet that got all the conservative pundits so angry. Oh, and the Irish dude from….a lot of different period movies, none of which I can think of right now. Far and Away maybe? I could not tell you a single plot from an episode that I remember. Anyhoo….I refuse to give up on the show just yet. I love, love, love Westerns, so I’m going to force myself to love this show one way or another. I’m going to start with re-watching the 1st season.

13. Name That Tune says:

You know, I was just thinking how much I’ve come to dislike JLo because of her stint on AI. Glad to see her go.

14. Rose says: