Fall TV Preview

Scoop: Amanda Peet Lawyers Up, Joins The Good Wife as Alicia's New [Spoiler]

Amanda Peet The Good WifeThe Good Wife has retained another well-credentialed guest star for its upcoming fourth season.

The CBS drama has tapped Amanda Peet to join the cast on a recurring basis.

The Bent actress will play a Lockhart & Gardner client — a military lawyer who sues a contract worker for an attempted sexual assault. After trying to pursue the case pro se, she hires Alicia as her lawyer and the two become confidants and then friends.

RELATED | How Will a Change in Kickoff Times Affect The Good Wife This Fall?

Previously announced Season 4 guest stars include Maura Tierney, Nathan Lane, Kristin Chenoweth and British thesp Marc Warren (as Kalinda’s estranged hubby).

Comments (24)

• Score! Been waiting for A.Peet to be back on tv. Please tell me this will be a regular thing then I’ll have to start watching a good wife

Comment by daniellasaid – July 11, 2012 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The key words here are ‘recurring basis’. So, think of MJF. You’ll be seeing her from time to time.

Comment by Tania – July 11, 2012 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sucks Matthew Perry has his new show, otherwise we would have a Studio 60 reunion.

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – July 11, 2012 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would have been awesome! I loved that show!!

Comment by Mo – July 11, 2012 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THAT’S LITERALLY WHAT I JUST SAID! Matthew Perry has to come back! i loved Studio 60

Comment by loulzb – July 11, 2012 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! I was so disappointed when they cancelled Studio 60! It was so good!!!

Comment by Merc – July 11, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Matthew Perry returning? i know he has a new show, but what will happen to his character? it’s awesome and i don’t want it to just disappear.

But Amanda Peet… very cool. Bent was actually pretty funny too bad it wasn’t given a chance.

Comment by João Amaral – July 11, 2012 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m getting a bit worried there’s going to be too many characters and storylines and we’ll have a True Blood situation.

Comment by Gerald – July 11, 2012 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah wondering about that myself. Seems like a lot of the guest characters they’ve announced so far will be recurring, plus it seems likely Martha Plimpton, Michael J Fox, etc will be popping around as well. Not sure how it will work, but they’ve done a great job so far of handling guests at least.

As crowded as True Blood is, I can’t help but want more of Molly, aka Vampire Mac.

Comment by Tee – July 11, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree!!! I just want as much Julianna as possible and not too much focus on all these other characters! Character development is not a crime.

Comment by julia – July 11, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. I was stoked when Chenoweth was cast, now Jack! Amazing!They also need to cast Ivan Sergei. Then we have a Jack and Jill Reuonion too. Matthew Perry should appear in a few eps cuz he was the opposition to Peter in the governor race.

Comment by shuayb – July 11, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For a show that almost got cancelled, how can they afford this? It actually makes me worry that the ballooning budget will result in the show getting axed next spring… these guests cannot be cheap.

Comment by Greg – July 11, 2012 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is CBS which means they have the money as long as TGW brings in decent numbers it won’t be cancelled b/c it is the network’s critical darling

Comment by Mick – July 11, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was never in danger of cancellation.

Comment by Sally – July 11, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, “the Kings have just re-upped their show for 3 more years” (a little reported fact from an interview with TheWrap). So CBS has some faith in TGW, however (not to be a broken record) this seems like waaaay too many guest/recurring actors; wish the show would stop.

Comment by Saint Alicia – July 11, 2012 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was never in danger of cancellation.

Can’t wait to see the next season. I love The Good Wife!

Comment by Loz – July 25, 2012 01:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does everyone feel this season of The Good Wife will be amazing? Or is it just me?
    I mean look at the freaking cast this season :’)

Comment by Zed – July 11, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are they TRYING to create the best season on network television yet??? Seriously, great casting all over !

Comment by Behzad – July 11, 2012 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to disagree to a point: a great guest cast isn’t a bad thing, but it doesn’t necessarily make a good thing, either. Too many shows pursue major guest stars but don’t really know how to use them. Others hire unknown nobodies but put out a consistently high-quality show. Often in cases like The Good Wife, stars are drawn to appearing on the show because they love the show themselves.

Comment by CJ – July 11, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME!!! I love her. And I’m even more pleased that Alicia is getting another gal-pal!!! That lady needs some girlfriends if there ever was one.
    Akh!!! I’m just so excited for this new season!!

Comment by mia – July 11, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, they are really trying to up the ante. For me it definitely worked.

Comment by Ally – July 11, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am i the only one that noticed the line “sues a contract worker for an attempted sexual assault” and think of her and David Waltons’ characters in Bent. He played her contractor after all.

Comment by Martin – July 11, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post