Ron Howard, Jason Bateman Celebrate Arrested Development's Return: 'IT'S ALIVE!'

Get More: Renewals

At some point, you can stop pinching yourself. But until then, we’ll bask in any and all photos and tweets — such as these from executive producer/narrator Ron Howard and cast member Jason Bateman — that double-secret confirm the long, long-rumored return of Arrested Development.

RELATED | All-New Arrested Development Episodes Are Coming — Via Netflix

In a series of messages shared via Twitter on Tuesday evening, Howard offered a peek into the writers room, where AD‘s 10-episode Netflix resurrection is being brainstormed, saying: “Arrested Development for Netflix. IT’S ALIVE.”

Howard subsequently posted the above photo of him with Bateman and the series’ creator, saying, “Mitch [Hurwitz] let Jason and I in on some of the twists and turns ahead. Hilarious.”

Bateman simultaneously tweeted his own photo of the trio, effusing, “All systems are go. Filming for the new episodes starts in four weeks. Woo!”

As previously reported, all 10 new Season 4 episodes of Arrested Development will be released at once, sometime next year on Netflix.

Couldn’t you just blue yourself?

Comments (38)

• I think I just blue myself ;D

Comment by Emily – July 11, 2012 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Now if we can just get Titus and maybe Firefly back, Fox will have completely redeemed my trust… this is a HUGE step in the right direction though!

Comment by Steve – July 11, 2012 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVE TITUS. I Never undestood the atrocity of canceling that show.

Comment by Ivan – July 11, 2012 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This better be available for Netflix Canada!!!!

Comment by Evelyn – July 11, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bless you Netflix, I gotta go dig up my cornballer!

Comment by Lo – July 11, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Taste the happy!

Comment by John – July 11, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So freaking excited!

Comment by sarah – July 11, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • COME ON!!!!

Comment by Bob Loblaw – July 11, 2012 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Netflix, hurry up and announce the release dates so I can plan my viewing party (complete with frozen bananas and graham crackers of course)!

Comment by GDV – July 11, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Add juice, hot ham water, and a Skip’s Scramble, and it’ll be one awesome part :)

Comment by Erin – July 11, 2012 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Unlimited juice?! This party’s gonna be off the hook!

Comment by rachelleet – July 11, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What about macaroni….let me finish….salad?

Comment by Gob – July 11, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Crying with joy right now…

Comment by Mr. F – July 11, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tastes a lot like sad…

Comment by John – July 11, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • STEVE HOLT!!!!

Comment by ann – July 11, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HUZZAH!!

Comment by Mína – July 11, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am no longer doing George Michael sad little Charlie Brown walk.

Comment by Kelly – July 11, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I’m crying. Isn’t the world just beautiful?

Comment by Sara – July 11, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about a round of chicken dances.

Comment by Chris – July 11, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Old bear, he likes the honey

Comment by Rebecca – July 11, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I didn’t even know we were calling him Old Bear.

Comment by Mandy – July 11, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand the question, and I won’t respond to it. :)

Comment by Nathan – July 11, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We always knew they’d be back someday…there’s always money in the banana stand.

Comment by J – July 11, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love how every Arrested Development article, on any website, always turns into an AD quote-a-thon in the comments. It must be one of the most quoteable shows I’ve ever seen.

This is ripe for parody! Ripe!

Comment by Mandy – July 11, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s pretty awesome, isn’t it? Love it!

Comment by tripoli – July 11, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why, this is joyous news!

Comment by DTK404 – July 11, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There are literally dozens of us.

Comment by DTK404 – July 11, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @mandy LITERALLY just said the same thing to my girlfriend. Best fanbase EVER!!

Comment by michael persiano – July 11, 2012 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh “you should always read the label. You should always read it well….’in the most delecious waaaay’ ” LMFAO can’t wait for mr. Tobias funkë’ glorious return to television!!

Comment by michael persiano – July 11, 2012 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Army had a half day

Comment by Dominica – July 11, 2012 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m invited into very few personal homes… TO THE NUTS!!!

Comment by Dominica – July 11, 2012 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NEXT YEAR? I’m going to need an analrapist to get through that wait!

Comment by KevyB – July 12, 2012 12:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they made a huge mistake……just kidding awesome news!

Comment by Xanderharris – July 12, 2012 02:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No touching. No touching!

Comment by Jen – July 12, 2012 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “I WON’T GO WHEELCHAIR!!!!!”

Comment by michael persiano – July 12, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just like my hand chair, I never really missed it until it was gone…

Comment by Lee – October 28, 2012 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post