Ultimate TV Bad Boy? We've Got Homeland Vs. Walking Dead, Sopranos Vs. Dallas! Vote Now!

We’re nearing the end of Round 1 in our TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament, and the competition remains brutal as ever.

Today, we find Homeland‘s Nicholas Brody duking it out with The Walking Dead‘s Daryl Dixon, and The Sopranos‘ Tony Soprano up against Dallas‘ J.R. Erwing.

Every day for the next month, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field of 64 down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

And if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. Trista says:

No way Gandolfini wins against JR EWING. I mean JR would have eaten Tony Soprano for breakfast, lunch and dinner!!!!

2. I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) says:

Daryl Dixon! No contest! He rips ears off of zombies and WEARS THEM AROUND HIS NECK! You don’t get more badass than that.

3. cjeffery7 says:

Brody? a bad boy? no way.

4. tvaddict says:

Daryl is the only redneck I would ever be attracted to!!!!

5. Devon says:

This poll is bull.the only thing worse(badass) that t.soprano(mob boss) is hitler

• NoChance says:

Devon,
      I there was a thumbs up I’d give most of your comment both of mine (- the poll being bull since it really is just for fun).

6. Britta Unfiltered says:

I knew Daryl against Brody would be my toughest contest. I love Homeland with a fiery passion, but I guess in the end it’s got to be Daryl for me. He’s another one I wouldn’t mind seeing win this whole thing.

7. Mía says:

All within the span of a few hours, Daryl fell down a mountain twice, killed two zombies with an arrow sticking out of him, eats raw squirrel, then gets shot in the head and lives to fight another day.

Oh, and he has a necklace made of ears. Argument, invalid.

8. wordsmith says:

Wow, two incredibly close races. This will be interesting…

• elr says:

I’m shocked by how close it is, but never having seen Homeland I would have Daryl winning by a mile. Also very surprised about J.R. and Tony being soooo close, maybe J.R. was just too long ago?

9. KS says:

A lot of people must not have Showtime.

10. Melody Paris says:

I have not watched any of the shows in these two brackets. Yet, I was able to vote for Daryl simply because I adore Norman Reedus.

11. NoChance says:

JR might be a piece of work (and all the rage again now with the series continuation) but Tony Soprano makes JR look like a (non-Monty Python) bunny rabbit. Beat to death a once good friend in his own kitchen (bye Ralphie), ordered the death (and many others) of the manipulated Adriana.
    PS since others have already brought it up:
    LOVED the sudden to black with the/Don’t Stop Believing ending ….”don’t stop…” – playing in the background. Jumped to feet and shouted at my TV: (self-edited for language) “That was effing brilliant!”
    Kelly won my loyalty and admiration for having the courage to end it on such a tense and open note.

12. Pamishere says:

I’m a huge TVLine fan, but I do have a problem with the whole “tournament”. While there are many fan favourites/justified Bad Boys like Tim Riggins, Chuck Bass, Damon Salvatore etc, many of the choices aren’t exactly “bad boys” to begin with.

I think the term “Bad Boy” is used too loosely here, and seems to be interchangeable with “Villain”.

How did Tyrion Lannister, Rumplestiltskin, Sylar or even Lex Luthor make it to this list?!

They are fabulous characters to watch, but just true-blue villains nonetheless, and there’s no bad boy rebel streak in them to conflict against their better judgement/conscience. That internal struggle is usually what makes a bad boy tick, and brood, in a gorgeous way, of course.

Plus, we’re missing out some characters here aren’t we? Caleb for PLL, instead of that two-bit Noel Kahn, and where’s Liam Court of 90210?

• pamishere says:

And how can we forget King Henry (Jonathan Rhys Meyer) from the Tudors?

• Rain says:

I agree with the fact that they’re using the term “bad boy” too loosely, but I’m thinking it’s in the opposite direction! There are quite a few people on this list that aren’t even remotely bad.

Also, Tyrion Lannister is most certainly NOT a villian!

• pamishere says:

oh yes… definitely not Tyrion. He is a hero in my books, especially during the Blackwater ep. But you get my drift…. villains and bad boys are not to be confused.

13. Juliette says:

Norman Reedus is hot!

14. I hardly leave a response, but after looking at a few of the remarks on Ultimate TV Bad Boy? Weve Got Homeland Vs. Walking Dead, Sopranos Vs. Dallas! Vote Now! – TVLine.
    I actually do have 2 questions for you if it’s allright. Could it be just me or do some of the responses look as if they are coming from brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are writing at additional online sites, I would like to keep up with you. Would you list of all of your social community sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?