Fall TV Preview

Double Dexter Trouble: Showtime Unveils Two Sexy (?) Promos, Teases More Turmoil For Deb

As the seventh season premiere of Dexter draws nearer, Showtime continues to dangle in front of our Dark Passenger-lovin’ faces the carrot that asks, “How will Deb react upon learning Dex’s secret?” But, as the two latest promos for the new season make abundantly clear, there are much larger things at stake here — namely, the fact that Deb’s romantic interest in her “brother” may continue despite revelations of his murderous pasttime.

RELATED | Dexter First Look: We Sliced ‘N Diced for You the Fast-Moving Season 7 Teaser Video

The following (borderline erotic) teasers feature the “siblings” writhing around separately (and suggestively) on a black bed, while Dexter’s signature voiceover ponders what’s to come. Will Deb learn to accept his true identity (“I found a way to live with my secret, but I never had a choice… Does she?”)? Or will he have to take deadly drastic measures to protect himself (“The only thing worse than not knowing what she’ll do is not knowing what I’ll do.”)?

Either way, we’re in — and these two creeptastic promos have a little something to do with it. Press PLAY below to watch for yourselves, and then hit the comments with your thoughts on the hot (or not?) spots.

Tags:

Comments (43)

• Please don’t do the incest angle.

Comment by JD – July 10, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It would not be incest, they aren’t related. However, it would still be wrong. Woody Allen wrong.

Comment by Besus – July 10, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How is it invest? Have you actually watched the show? They are NOT biological siblings, she is his foster sister. Absolutely nothing wrong with the two of them being together.

Comment by James Wimmer – July 10, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yep. She was raised as outsider and they’ve never been close close anyway.

Comment by Joe – July 10, 2012 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It very definitely IS incest. Dexter was adopted by Deb’s father when he was 3 years old. If I am not mistaken, Deb is younger than Dexter. Do the math people, all they have ever known is each other as their sibling. Yuck!

Comment by jen – July 10, 2012 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL. Come on people it’s just a TV show, so I guess it’s incest that the two of them got married in real life because they act like they are brother and sister on the show so does that make them even more sick? You guys need to lighten up. LOL

Comment by SHAWN – July 10, 2012 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s gross. It is not incest. You can’t manipulate a definition to suit your needs…or are you a Republican?

Comment by Michael – July 11, 2012 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hey now, this was a good thread until that cheep political shot.

I find it gross too, but really this is a show about a serial killer. How can everyone be ok with the fact he kills someone in every episode, but Ded’s feelings for Dex are so wrong? Both are societal no-nos. That said still find this story line wrong.

Comment by Me – July 11, 2012 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This! Nice one, @Michael!

Comment by Philipp – July 11, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s not incest. I don’t give a crap what you people say.

Comment by Joe – July 10, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re right, by definition it is not incest. However, they have both been raised as brother and sister since they were young children, so it is quite disturbing.

Comment by Olivia – July 10, 2012 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They were raised as brother and sister (although, Deb has always been aware that Dexter was adopted since early childhood) but as someone else said, Deb was an outsider from Dexter and Harry growing up. She also resented Dex…I doubt that they ever really bonded as normal siblings would. They only became close after Harry died.

Comment by blahhhh – July 11, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Harry Morgan cheated on his wife with Dexter’s mother. They had a kid……Dexter. So technically they are half siblings. Incest.

Comment by Crispy – July 13, 2012 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t give a flying fig if they aren’t blood related- they were raised together, as small children, to treat eachother as a sibling. So even though not technical incest, it’s still hella disgusting.

Comment by Rrrrrr – July 10, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yuck, yuck, yuck.

They may not be blood-related, but they were still raised together and are still brother and sister. They don’t have to be brood-related for it to be gross.

Comment by TDS-Matt – July 10, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree – I am adopted, as are my brother and sister (all from different birth families with no blood relationships.) I love my brother dearly, AS A BROTHER! The thought of anything else is absolutely repugnant. Trust me on this one.

Comment by Katiecat – July 11, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It doesn’t matter if it’s incest or not, the story line doesn’t need to go there. Dexter doesn’t need another love interest. He needs a sister who will have his welfare as her top consideration, not whether he’s good in bed.

Comment by GeeMa – July 10, 2012 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t disagree but I find it a bit funny that we are all railing against a potential hookup between them but the vast majority of us also want Deb to protect Dexter’s secret. I don’t care who he’s murdering…he’s still a serial killer. We should all have a problem with that as well.

Comment by Michael – July 11, 2012 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Given that all fans have cried foul against this…The fact that they’d still do this is sort of disrespectful..

Comment by Josh – July 10, 2012 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They don’t care what the fans says. They’ll do whatever they want. Who knew that people drew the line at supposed incest after watching a show about someone killing and dismembering bodies. Get over yourself.

Comment by Joe – July 10, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here’s an idea. STOP WATCHING THE SHOW IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT.

Comment by Joe – July 10, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • wow, you are full of insight, aren’t you?

Comment by jen – July 10, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kill, dismember, bloody, nasty… perfectly acceptable
    implied incest with a non-blood relation is off limits.

I dont want to live on this planet anymore

Comment by mmartian – July 10, 2012 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right? People are twisted. It’s not incest, it’s a little weird, but not incest. After all the messed up murders this show has shown, that this bothers people is absurd. It’s an interesting angle that may be interesting. It’s TV people. Go watch Full House if it bothers you.

Comment by serene23 – July 10, 2012 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show and will always keep watching MCH do his wonderful thing on my screen. I think people should stop freaking out over will they or wont they, I doubt Dexter feels anything for Deb in that manner of a romantic relationship, he will be freaking out how to keep his secret and fear if he’ll have to kill her, as suggested in the promo. I got weird nightmare vibe from the promo nothing sexual.

Comment by Isabelle – July 10, 2012 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yea, I agree. Dexter is so concerned with keeping a clean image that he would never hook up with Deb. What better way to invite scrutiny than to start humping your sister? Deb will get over it. She always does. How many “true loves” has she had over the course of the show? Dex’s brother, Lundy, Anton, Quinn and now Dex?

Comment by Ava – July 11, 2012 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please don’t continue the ‘deb loves dexter’ plot line. it’s just too weird. it’s seriously too bad lundy’s gone, i was so hopeful for deb. quinn’s not the worst, but he’s definitely not the best.

Comment by cjeffery7 – July 10, 2012 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is totally incest since they were raised together. It’s not the blood relation; it’s the legal relation.

Anyone who thinks otherwise must be okay with boffing their mother-in-law.

Comment by LA – July 10, 2012 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • By your rationale, everyone thinks it’s okay that Dexter is a vigilante serial killer must be okay with becoming vigilante serial killers themselves? Please. Somehow, I think the show will not actually have them sleep together. It’s an emotional issue they intend to explore, I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and reserve judgment until after it plays out.

Comment by Emily – July 10, 2012 11:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vomit. I am so done with this show.

Comment by NotQuiteRight – July 10, 2012 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how the heck is deb still on this show? I hope he kills her like the other people who knew his secret.

Comment by bobbie – July 10, 2012 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I find it amusing that some people seem very concerned about the smell of incest about Dexter and Deb’s relationship. Hello! We are talking about a show in which the lead character – who I like very much and whom I always root for – is a psychopathic vigilante serial killer. On a scale of 1 to 10, the fact these two unrelated people who were raised together may have the hots for each other and may even do the deed is very low down on my scale of squickiness. Lol!

Comment by Roslyn – July 11, 2012 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • am I the only one who is under the impression that deb and dex are indeed related. isn’t he her half-sibling? didn’t their dad sleep with dexter’s mom, and isn’t he really dex’s father? are people forgetting that? or am I imagining it?

Comment by Toulouse – July 11, 2012 12:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Harry did sleep with Dexter’s biological mother, but not until she was his CI (which we were shown as having taken place after Dexter was born). Not only that, but in Season 1 Dexter inherited a house after somebody claiming to be his biological father passed away. Dexter broke into the hospital where the body was being held, stole a DNA sample, and had a paternity test performed which confirmed that the man was his father. So no, Deb and Dexter are NOT half-siblings as Harry is not his biological father (despite the fact that he was sleeping with Dexter’s mother)

Comment by Axed84 – July 11, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • google confirms my suspicions. i’m really disappointed in EVERYONE who has thus far commented. go re-watch the show in the next 2 months, educate yourselves, folks!

Comment by Toulouse – July 11, 2012 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No, Harry Morgan was NOT Dexter’s biological father, although he did have an affair with Lara Moser, Dexter’s biological mother. Dexter’s father was a man named Joseph Driscoll, who was killed by Rudy, AKA Brian Moser, AKA The Ice Truck Killer, AKA Dexter’s brother. I believe in Season 1 it was revealed that Dexter and Joseph Driscoll shared the same rare blood type and Harry had sought out Driscoll to donate blood for Dexter

Comment by Miranda – July 11, 2012 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I remember that too, but often shows will change history to suit some other storyline. I remember on Dallas that Ray had an affair with Lucy and then they decided they would make Ray an illegitimate son of Jock. They totally blew off the affair as if it never happened.

Comment by robbushblogrobbushblog – July 11, 2012 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly I don’t have a problem with the “Pseudo Incest Angle” if it works and is executed properly, but the fact is that it wasn’t. It is a shame that last season was such a mess and has brought down the overall awesomeness of this show. I hope that they get it right this time.

Comment by niks – July 11, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me? I don’t see these promos as “sexy” at all. That said, I really hope they don’t go down that track. I consider them siblings so it would gross me out.

Comment by Catalina (@cmcandela) – July 11, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe incest will bring this show back to its shocking beginnings. I’m sorry, but these past two seasons have been shoddy imitations of a once great show. Season 1 was upsetting and unsettling and uncomfortable. Season 6 had me laughing. I want to squirm again!

Comment by Mína – July 11, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A Dexter who were truly operating solely based on self preservation as he often claims would try to pursue a romantic relationship with Deb to get her to protect his secrets, if he knew about he feelings. He would persuade her to try to keep it secret from others due to the “ick” reaction many might have because they were raised as brother-sister even if they aren’t related. It would help keep her in a secretive frame of mind by giving her a secret she wishes to keep, and make her reluctant look bad to others for having started a relationship with a serial killer (unlike in the past where she was with someone before she knew he was a serial killer)

Comment by HowNotToBeSeen – July 11, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post