TVLine Items: Once Eyes Jorge Garcia, Demi Lovato to Host Teen Choice Awards and More!

Dude, is Hurley headed to Once Upon a Time?

It’s not official just yet, but if all goes as planned, Jorge Garcia will be the next Lost alum to visit ABC’s fantastical drama.

RELATED | Exclusive: Once Upon a Time Has Cast Sarah Bolger as Sleeping Beauty

Once showrunners Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz tell TV Guide Magazine that they are hoping to find a spot for Garcia — who would join fellow island folk Emilie de Ravin and Alan Dale — now that his most recent venture, Fox’s Alcatraz, is a thing of the past. Which fairy-tale fave would you like to see Garcia portray? Hit the comments with your suggestions!

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Fox has tapped X Factor judge Demi Lovato to host the 2012 Teen Choice Awards, which will air live Sunday, July 22 at 8/7c on Fox.

• TCM will honor the late Ernest Borgnine with a 24-hour movie marathon starting Thursday, July 26 at 6 am EST. Among the included films are Ice Station Zebra, The Dirty Dozen, Marty (for which he won an Oscar), From Here to Eternity and The Wild Bunch.

RELATED | TVLine’s Ernest Borgnine Obituary

• Jennifer Lopez is going into business with ABC Family. Per Deadline, the American Idol judge is developing an hour-long drama for the cabler about a wayward teenager who’s taken in by a lesbian couple with kids. What’s more, Lopez is planning to guest-star on the potential series.

• ABC has given the green light to The Taste, Deadline reports. The eight-episode cooking competition series will be hosted by star chef Anthony Bourdain (Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, A Cook’s Tour) and British foodie Nigella Lawson (Nigella Feasts, Nigella Express).

• Syfy has renewed its reality competition series Total Blackout for a 16-episode second season, the first eight of which are slated to bow Tuesday, Nov. 13 at 9 pm.

• New Zealand actress Rose McIver (The Lovely Bones) has nabbed the lead role in MTV’s drama pilot Cassandra French’s Finishing School for Boys, per The Hollywood Reporter. The project — from Krysten Ritter (Don’t Trust the B—- in Apt. 23) and Eric Garcia (Matchstick Men) — revolves around a lovelorn overachiever who locks a guy in her basement to train him to become a gentleman.

• Remember when Fox decided to move Take Me Out to the graveyard a new timeslot on Saturdays? Well, after a ratings boost last week, the network has changed its mind, TV Guide Magazine reports. The George Lopez-hosted dating show will — for now — continue airing Thursdays at 8 pm.

RELATED | The Full 2012 Comic-Con Schedule

• Comic-Con is just a few days away, and The WB will once again supply the event’s official bags. Take a peek at the geeky, vampy, superhero-y swag here.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. blaqhrt says:

Garcia will probably play Humpty-Dumpty.

2. WayneInNYC says:

I could see Jorge as Tweedle Dum & Tweedle Dee. (I’m really hoping for more time in Wonderland)

3. Joey says:

Quasimoto! Or why not pull a left fielder like Prince Eric or Phillip? He’s proven to be a very likeable character actor.

• Britta Unfiltered says:

I really, really hope Once Upon a Time doesn’t do The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I was horrified enough when Disney tried to “Disnify” it into a cartoon. It’s not a fairy tale. It’s not a happy story. It’s an incredibly tragic, wonderful piece of classic literature where all the innocents die in the end, and some are given what they have most wished for in the world only to have it yanked away minutes later and are then forced to suffer a horrible death. It’s pretty much one of my favorite books ever. You couldn’t do the plots from the book on a show like Once Upon a Time since all the likeable characters die so tragically. And to change the true endings for those characters would be blasphemous to poor Victor Hugo.

• Sheila says:

Oh, that creepy, CREEPY song the bad guy sang about Esmeralda? I was with some 12 year old girls and I felt like covering their eyes! What an awful movie!

• Drewer says:

I thought of Quasimoto too. But I’d be up for a left feilder with Prince Philip or even like the voice of some character in fairy tale land and then himself in Story Brook; but I don’t think I’ll ever be happy with a prince Eric unless it’s Ian Summerholder.

• GDV says:

I think he’d make a great Phillip. Also, I’d love to see the show work in Sword in the Stone or Robin Hood (English folklore rules!).

4. Thilia says:

He was my least favorite actor on Lost and was horrid on Alcatraz. Let’s not turn OAT into an endless Lost Reunion. Please.

• Templar says:

ITA. Same thing is happening on Bunheads. So far, at least four former Gilmore Girls cast members have shown up and we’re only a few episodes into the season.

5. martina says:

Can Jorge Garcia be the Genie, from Aladdin?

6. veronic says:

More Losties in the OUAT show no, please.

7. Anissa says:

Well if they even get the rights to Robin Hood he’d be a great Little John!

8. wordsmith says:

Or how about Baloo the bear?

9. Anissa says:

Or maybe Mr Smee in Peter Pan?

• Suzie says:

Any Peter Pan connection is unlikely because the Barrie estate is mired in litigation. Disney doesn’t have rights to Peter Pan.

10. RUCookie says:

How about papa bear from Goldilocks?

11. Bri says:

This sounds terrible, but the first thing that came into my mind is the Giant from Jack and the Beanstalk. Jorge is too sweet for that, though. I can’t picture his as anyone you wouldn’t want to cuddle

12. Treelo1201 says:

The giant in Jack & the Beanstalk. But make Jack the villain.

13. Devon says:

Santa claus

14. mbento28 says:

It will be Dumbo… the flying elefant ahaha

15. Raissa says:

I’d love for Garcia to be the miller’s son in Puss In Boots (Shrekverse Puss is not true to the original story). That way GG would get a princess and a title — Marquis of Carabas.

16. Delirious says:

I’m sure I’m gonna sound harsh when I say it, no matter how I say it, so I’ll just say it right out blunt, and hope people don’t take it the wrong way…

People, please remember, this is about fairy tales, not about Disney movies. In fact, I’d hope OUAT goes back to the original fairy tales and how the characters/stories/etc were portrayed there, instead of going for the typical Disney representation of it…

• Groov says:

Then you’re going to need to convince Disney to sell ABC. Until that happens, you’re going to get Disney versions. You want to get into a similar story that’s darker and sways closer to the original stories, read the comic book Fables.

• blaqhrt says:

Yeah, Like Pinocchio is a fairytale.. :|

• Suzie says:

Of course Pinocchio is a fairy tale. It’s a children’s story with a fairy in it. What is your definition of a fairy tale. Grimm? They only wrote one [Snow White], the rest were collected folk tales. Other fairy tales were written by Anderson, Barrie, Collodi etc.

17. M says:

Which fairy-tale fave would you like to see Jorge Garcia portray on Once Upon a Time?
    None.

18. SarahtheBaker says:

Georgy. Porgey. Nuff said.

19. Gilda says:

I like the tweedledum/tweedledee idea. Plus adding alice in wonderland characters would probably mean a Sebastian Stan return, which I am all for.

20. P says:

Hm… maybe Stromboli from Pinocchio?

21. Walrus says:

Old King Cole, or Humpty-Dumpty

22. veronic says:

Give me more Snow, Charming, Emma, Regina, Rumpel………….and less new characters.

23. Lo says:

I dunno if The Jungle Book counts, but he could be Baloo. And if flashbacks weren’t necessary, I’d totally cast him as Peter Pan who started gaining weight once they landed in Storybrook. Aside from the weight, he’d be a perfect Peter Pan or Lost Boy.

24. lostie says:

I’d like to see Jorge as the Good King Midas. A costume similar to Henry the Eighth’s.

25. rita says:

The show seems to want to become the Lost 2.0
    with brining Lost actors/actresses to the show.
    I loved Lost but it’s Once Upon a Time!
    They pay homage to LOST with chocolate bars and other small details was great. But take the whole Lost cast for the TV-show, begins to be creepy and not funny.
    Rather than ONCE UPON A TIME’s producers think. I was not happy with this news.

26. Ashley says:

Fezzik! Princess Bride.

27. Jesse says:

Awesome news about Jorge.

28. Tanya says:

How about Cogsworth from “Beauty and the Beast”. U know that little clock dude LOL. I think maybe they could still use him as the blue Genie from Aladdin even though they already had a Genie on OUAT. The blue Genie from Aladdin was more carefree & fun and more friendly and didn’t really act like a slave to his own magic, at least that’s what I think. I think someone mentioned that they could use him as the giant from “Jack And The Beanstalk”.

29. Allison says:

I hope Jorge Garcia doesn’t read the suggestions on here; Humpty Dumpty, Quasimodo, Tweedledum & Tweedledee – way to make the guy feel good about himself!

30. kelly says:

I hope they stick to actual and orignal fairytales and not disney created stuff.

31. Templar says:

How about Jorge as Old King Cole, The Pied Piper, The Cheshire Cat, or The Cowardly Lion [when they open the door to Oz]?

32. Jess Kenn says: