What to Watch Sunday: Walking Dead Dish, Andy Griffith Tribute, Life Goes On Reunion and More!

On TV this Sunday: TV Land continues its Andy Griffith tribute, Army Wives reunites “Becca” with “Libby,” there’s talking about new Walking Dead, Jim on The Glades deals with his ex and Longmire is feeling bearish. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

11 am – 8 pm The Andy Griffith Show marathon (TV Land) | Go back to Mayberry with TV Land’s latest collection of episodes from the recently departed actor’s eponymous sitcom.

RELATED | Hot for Summer: 100 Premiere Dates

9 pm True Blood (HBO) | Bill and Eric need Sookie’s help to find Russell, and Patrick and Terry are held hostage by their Iraq War “buddy,” Brian.

9 pm Talking Dead (AMC) |Capping the weekend’s two-season marathon (which resumes Sunday at 11:30 am with Season 2 Episode 5 aka Daryl/arrow/ouch!), this hour-long special previews Season 3 and tees up a never-before-broadcast black-and-white version of the pilot (at 10 pm).

9 pm Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime) | Joan Rivers and Serena Williams guest-star, as Jane wonders about Owen’s whereabouts and what it means for their upcoming wedding (watch video). Yeah yeah, enough about you, Jane: I’d love to hear what Rivers thinks about the tennis champ’s wardrobe, especially this.

9 pm The Glades (A&E) | Jim and his former partner — who is now a convicted murderer (and played by Body of Proof alum John Carroll Lynch) — must work together when a woman trying to exonerate a death-row inmate is killed. Also, Callie and Miranda bond over a shared (icky) experience.

9 pm Falling Skies (TNT) | A familiar face returns to the 2nd Mass, but what does s/he want? And a captured Skitter is brought to the camp at the same time. Coincidence?

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Guide to What’s New!

10 pm Longmire (A&E) | A body found in the woods turns out to be the victim of a suspicious bear attack. Remember this, kids, the next time someone tells you pic-a-nic baskets aren’t a gateway drug.

10 pm Army Wives (Lifetime) | Life Goes On Reunion Alert! Kellie Martin and Patti LuPone (aka “Becca” and “Libby”) guest-star on an episode that finds Trevor urging Hector to go to marriage counseling and Kevin leaving Frank’s brigade during a deployment. Ob-la-di, ob-la-da…

10 pm Weeds (Showtime) | Nancy’s brush with death earns her some serious street cred, which she uses for good while recuperating in the hospital. Meanwhile, Jill’s husband is back from India — so where does that leave Andy?

10:30 pm Episodes (Showtime) | As everyone reacts to the Week 2 numbers for Pucks!, Matt surprises Sean and Beverly with expensive gifts. Also: Merc’s Mrs. asks Matt to give her a hand with something.

Comments (15)

• Damn Dish Network for losing AMC. If its not back by October, I am switching to Directv

Comment by tvaddict – July 7, 2012 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With Breaking Bad starting this next weekend, I think we’re switching this week. We’ve been loyal Dish customers for over 10yrs. Makes me sick to leave and especially lose what’s on my DVR I haven’t watched yet. Directv has a better deal money wise for us right now anyway. Sorry Dish!

Comment by Amy – July 8, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I never have watched Breaking Bad but hope to one day but I will stick it out until it gets closer to October because I am praying that AMC comes back. I love Dish Network for the most part and I hate the hassle of having to switch cable providers

Comment by tvaddict – July 8, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s really a great show, Breaking Bad. We didn’t start watching on tv until last summer and spent a few weeks catching up via Netflix. We’re very excited for it to start, sad it’s the last season. The lawsuit between Dish and AMC doesn’t go to court until Sept., I have little faith it will be restored by the start of Walking Dead. Ya never know. I guess if we go ahead with the switch maybe Dish will offer a reward to switch back lol ;)

Comment by Amy – July 8, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have DirecTV and a while back this happened to them. First the with local Fox channel (Glee, AI) and then with FX (right in the middle of AHS) and NatGeo. One got resloved by the deadline and the other after a couple of weeks. Maybe this will happen with Dish…good luck.

Comment by TheBeach – July 8, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m ready to switch cable providers. Comcast is too expensive! So I need to avoid Dish Network. Good to know. My only worry is I think DirectTV will eventually start pulling that crap of getting rid of my favorite channels too, they both seem to do that periodically.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – July 8, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The great escape is all I have, & tv addict get directv I have it & I love it

Comment by Nick – July 8, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Live: The Andy Griffith Show marathon and Inspector Lewis (PBS)
    DVR: DDD, Army Wives, The Glades, Longmire

Comment by Lorie – July 8, 2012 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • True Blood, Talking Dead, Falling Skies

Comment by Jerry – July 8, 2012 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Talking Dead a spinoff ?

Comment by Tony S – July 8, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, it’s an Obummer speech.

Comment by Glib – July 8, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Masterpiece Mystery: Inspector Lewis live. Later, Glades.

Comment by Templar – July 8, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • True Blood, The Glades, Falling Skies, & Episodes.

Comment by Walrus – July 8, 2012 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Drop Dead Diva

Comment by Brandy – July 8, 2012 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Glades, Longmire and True Blood for me on Sundays. I have Andy Griffith on DVD.

Comment by tvdiva – July 8, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post