Ultimate Bad Boy? The Men of House, The Good Wife, SATC and Californication Compete!

We’ve reached Day 13 of TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament, and ultimately, that’ll mean bad luck for two of the latest four combatants.

Today’s bouts feature House‘s titular doc facing The Good Wife‘s Cary Agos, and Sex and the City‘s Mr. Big battling Hank Moody of Californication.

Every day for the next month, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field of 64 down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

And if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. I want to sucker punch every dumb **** that voted for Mr. Big

2. Daniel says:

How can I choose between Cary and House?!? It’s not fair!

• moobear says:

Easily, Carey isn’t a bad boy, he had some flaws and of course he was going against our heroine so we weren’t suppose to love-love him, but Carey is still a guy that if he really loved one of my gal friends I wouldn’t be a naysayer to the relationship. A bad boy has self destructive qualities, i.e. House.

• Lucy says:

There’s no way I’m going to vote against Cary…but hey, he’s not a bad boy. And a supporting character with 1 minute screentime for episode won’t ever beat a leading character in a one man show with a huge fandom. It’s a no-win situation anyway.

3. Jacqi says:

Mr. Big was the ultimate bad boy. Go Big!!!

4. Babybop says:

House is my #1!

5. shump says:

Screw House!. Cary is so cute

6. madbengalsfan85 says:

No one as bitter, narcisistic, sarcastic, manipulative, and downright snarky as Dr Gregory House

7. Gixxer6gun says:

Is this a sick joke? Hank mutha f*c%in Moody is by far the baddest man in this whole poll the only reason they don’t forfeit every other contestant is because everyone that voted for anyone else has never had the honor of knowing who the F%*k Hank Moody is!!!

8. When exactly was Mr. Big a bad boy. He was a pathetic man who never knew what he wanted and never stopped hurting Carrie (cause he was a jerk, not a bad boy) and still she was dumb enough to come back to him (unlike the book).

9. kristy says:

I, too, am surprised hank moody is losing to someone so wishy-washy

10. Holly says:

I would say its house all the way, he is awesome and no can beat that… Hugh is awesome as house and he can play off anyone any day.. So it’s house all the way and time… He is a big winner in my eyes ….

11. Tonytone says:

Wtf hank moody should be winning that by a land slide.

12. Webster says:

HANK MOODY the best character ever!

13. Britta Unfiltered says:

I watched one of episode of Californication and really despised it. I don’t like shows that try to make their entire plot line revolve around sex. However, I voted for Hank Moody just based on the fact that Mr. Big is one of my top two most hated male romantic leads in the history of TV shows. I’m not into emotionally unavailable, selfish men who would convince the women they’re supposed to love to leave men who are good for them, and then stand them up at their own weddings. Mr. Big is the biggest jerk of a character. I want to give him a good swift kick for what he does to women. And I couldn’t vote for Cary, he’s just too nice. Not a bad boy to me at all. I kind of hope someone wins this contest that fits into a more comfortable medium between the two. Someone who is complicated. Someone like Mal Reynolds, maybe?

14. Richard says:

What a worthless endeavor.

15. Carol says:

Californication is not about sex. It´s about LOVE and relationships. It´s about a father struggling with his teenager. It´s about find the true love and losing it. It´s about trying to be a better person each day and failing miserably.
    I love the show.:)

16. carol256 says:

I love the show.:)

• Pebbles in PA says:

It’s also about a guy who just can’t seem to keep his dick in his pants to save his life, not to mention that his relationship with the two ladies in his life that are SUPPOSED TO BE all important to him? At least Mr. Big never had a child with Wife #1 or one out of wedlock with Carrie Bradshaw! Gimme a break! The worst he ever did was leave Carrie at the alter in the first movie, married that young model under her nose without telling her so she found out from a newspaper column and then cheated on Wife #2 WITH Carrie.

Hank, OTOH, has been unable to refuse a beautiful, sexy woman since episode one. Ultimate bad boy? Yeah, I’ll say! Hank wins handsdown!

• Toni says:

I don’t know how closely you actually follow the show, but I’ve been apart of numerous discussions where it has been analyzed that, despite Hank having a lot of sex, he is not the real problem–it’s his ex-girlfriend…forgot her name. Hank may not be the greatest person, but he does try his best as a father. And so what if he had a child out of wedlock. Married parents aren’t always the greatest parents either. Just because he has sex with beautiful women, doesn’t make him a bad person. He has never cheated or misled any other the women–actually is has been the other way around.

17. Deena says:

I wish it was Det Mike Logan & not Mr. Big. That’s a Chris Noth bad boy I can support.

18. Samantha F says:

yeah, I gotta say, Hank Moody is one of the baddest muthuh-f***uhhhhs in TV history. Sad he’s losing to Big (and I like SATC).

As for the other race, Cary is too nice to be “bad”.

19. Cnnnews says:

Hank Moody is the most LOVABLE BAD BOY in TV History. Period.

20. Kaelsma says:

I HATE it when the character is referred to as “MR. Big” – on the show Carrie just called him “Big”.

21. Kaelsma says:

I hate that I love Hank Moody.

22. Anita says:

Hank should be winning, I totally agree. And I am a woman, though why does that even matter? Mr. Big was such an asshole on SATC god I hated him. Hank is a well-meaning ass it’s his good heart that always gets him in trouble because he doesn’t know how to practically act on those feelings.