Ultimate Bad Boy? The Men of House, The Good Wife, SATC and Californication Compete!

We’ve reached Day 13 of TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament, and ultimately, that’ll mean bad luck for two of the latest four combatants.

Today’s bouts feature House‘s titular doc facing The Good Wife‘s Cary Agos, and Sex and the City‘s Mr. Big battling Hank Moody of Californication.

Every day for the next month, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field of 64 down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

And if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (46)

• I want to sucker punch every dumb **** that voted for Mr. Big

Comment by LiftLaughLust (@LiftLaughLust) – July 7, 2012 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No need to be rude. Its just a poll.

Comment by Russ – July 7, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Since DD is a bad boy in real life, he’s not acting. He’s just being himself, so, doesn’t deserve to win.

Comment by Tara – July 8, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • this isnt a poll on acting,its a character poll.

Comment by Shaun – July 8, 2012 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, whoa. Relax there.

Comment by Jane – July 7, 2012 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This. It’s clear that there are to many women on this website.

Comment by james – July 8, 2012 12:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This. It is clear men can’t spell.

Comment by ssquared – July 8, 2012 02:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like you, Lift. :)

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – July 8, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hopefully they just don’t watch Californication. Only explanation I can come up with. WTF is Chris Noth doing in this poll in the first place? Bad boy????

Comment by daviduter – July 8, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow..is it that serious to you?

Comment by Sharon – July 8, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can I choose between Cary and House?!? It’s not fair!

Comment by Daniel – July 7, 2012 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Easily, Carey isn’t a bad boy, he had some flaws and of course he was going against our heroine so we weren’t suppose to love-love him, but Carey is still a guy that if he really loved one of my gal friends I wouldn’t be a naysayer to the relationship. A bad boy has self destructive qualities, i.e. House.

Comment by moobear – July 7, 2012 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I voted for Matt C. mainly on the strength of when he played Logan Huntzberger. Sorry, just can’t let go of Gilmore Girls.

Comment by Stormy – July 8, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s no way I’m going to vote against Cary…but hey, he’s not a bad boy. And a supporting character with 1 minute screentime for episode won’t ever beat a leading character in a one man show with a huge fandom. It’s a no-win situation anyway.

Comment by Lucy – July 8, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mr. Big was the ultimate bad boy. Go Big!!!

Comment by Jacqi – July 7, 2012 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your a special needs person?

Comment by Gixxer6gun – July 8, 2012 01:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That is kind of an offensive thing to say.

Comment by emma – July 8, 2012 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Speaking of Special Needs, work on your spelling. It’s “you’re” when it means you are, dolt.

Comment by Tara – July 8, 2012 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Bravo for using dolt! Love it!

Comment by tripoli – July 8, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Only a special needs person would use the wrong “your.” It’s “you’re” as in “you are” you idiot.

Comment by Nikolas – July 8, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • wow. you don’t even deserve a response

Comment by Jacqi – July 8, 2012 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House is my #1!

Comment by Babybop – July 7, 2012 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Screw House!. Cary is so cute

Comment by shump – July 8, 2012 12:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cute doesn’t make him a bad boy. Hugh Laurie is damn fine! Get your eyes checked.

Comment by tripoli – July 8, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No one as bitter, narcisistic, sarcastic, manipulative, and downright snarky as Dr Gregory House

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – July 8, 2012 01:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this a sick joke? Hank mutha f*c%in Moody is by far the baddest man in this whole poll the only reason they don’t forfeit every other contestant is because everyone that voted for anyone else has never had the honor of knowing who the F%*k Hank Moody is!!!

Comment by Gixxer6gun – July 8, 2012 01:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When exactly was Mr. Big a bad boy. He was a pathetic man who never knew what he wanted and never stopped hurting Carrie (cause he was a jerk, not a bad boy) and still she was dumb enough to come back to him (unlike the book).

Comment by Lubomir Raykov – July 8, 2012 05:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I, too, am surprised hank moody is losing to someone so wishy-washy

Comment by kristy – July 8, 2012 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Probably not as many watch Californication as SATC. That is the only explanation.

Comment by Curly Girly – July 9, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would say its house all the way, he is awesome and no can beat that… Hugh is awesome as house and he can play off anyone any day.. So it’s house all the way and time… He is a big winner in my eyes ….

Comment by Holly – July 8, 2012 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wtf hank moody should be winning that by a land slide.

Comment by Tonytone – July 8, 2012 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HANK MOODY the best character ever!

Comment by Webster – July 8, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched one of episode of Californication and really despised it. I don’t like shows that try to make their entire plot line revolve around sex. However, I voted for Hank Moody just based on the fact that Mr. Big is one of my top two most hated male romantic leads in the history of TV shows. I’m not into emotionally unavailable, selfish men who would convince the women they’re supposed to love to leave men who are good for them, and then stand them up at their own weddings. Mr. Big is the biggest jerk of a character. I want to give him a good swift kick for what he does to women. And I couldn’t vote for Cary, he’s just too nice. Not a bad boy to me at all. I kind of hope someone wins this contest that fits into a more comfortable medium between the two. Someone who is complicated. Someone like Mal Reynolds, maybe?

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – July 8, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a worthless endeavor.

Comment by Richard – July 8, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Californication is not about sex. It´s about LOVE and relationships. It´s about a father struggling with his teenager. It´s about find the true love and losing it. It´s about trying to be a better person each day and failing miserably.
    I love the show.:)

Comment by Carol – July 8, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    I love the show.:)

Comment by carol256 – July 8, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s also about a guy who just can’t seem to keep his dick in his pants to save his life, not to mention that his relationship with the two ladies in his life that are SUPPOSED TO BE all important to him? At least Mr. Big never had a child with Wife #1 or one out of wedlock with Carrie Bradshaw! Gimme a break! The worst he ever did was leave Carrie at the alter in the first movie, married that young model under her nose without telling her so she found out from a newspaper column and then cheated on Wife #2 WITH Carrie.

Hank, OTOH, has been unable to refuse a beautiful, sexy woman since episode one. Ultimate bad boy? Yeah, I’ll say! Hank wins handsdown!

Comment by Pebbles in PA – July 8, 2012 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t know how closely you actually follow the show, but I’ve been apart of numerous discussions where it has been analyzed that, despite Hank having a lot of sex, he is not the real problem–it’s his ex-girlfriend…forgot her name. Hank may not be the greatest person, but he does try his best as a father. And so what if he had a child out of wedlock. Married parents aren’t always the greatest parents either. Just because he has sex with beautiful women, doesn’t make him a bad person. He has never cheated or misled any other the women–actually is has been the other way around.

Comment by Toni – July 9, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish it was Det Mike Logan & not Mr. Big. That’s a Chris Noth bad boy I can support.

Comment by Deena – July 8, 2012 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yeah, I gotta say, Hank Moody is one of the baddest muthuh-f***uhhhhs in TV history. Sad he’s losing to Big (and I like SATC).

As for the other race, Cary is too nice to be “bad”.

Comment by Samantha F – July 9, 2012 04:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hank Moody is the most LOVABLE BAD BOY in TV History. Period.

Comment by Cnnnews – July 9, 2012 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I HATE it when the character is referred to as “MR. Big” – on the show Carrie just called him “Big”.

Comment by Kaelsma – July 9, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate that I love Hank Moody.

Comment by Kaelsma – July 9, 2012 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hank should be winning, I totally agree. And I am a woman, though why does that even matter? Mr. Big was such an asshole on SATC god I hated him. Hank is a well-meaning ass it’s his good heart that always gets him in trouble because he doesn’t know how to practically act on those feelings.

Comment by Anita – July 9, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post