Ratings: Rookie Blue, Fox Dating Shows and Breaking Pointe Finale Rise, Saving Hope Slips

It was good news for almost everybody this Thursday night, as NBC — sans Olympics trials coverage — came down from its pommel horse and offered softer competition.

In the 8 o’clock hour, Fox’s Siberia-bound Take Me Out, with 3.1 million total viewers and a 1.3 rating, tied a demo high and was up 8 percent from its last “normal” outing. Duets (4.8 mil/1.0) meanwhile grabbed a few extra eyeballs, and The CW’s Breaking Pointe closed the curtain on almost a million viewers while scoring a 0.3 rating, up sharply from last week’s Olympics-impaired numbers and at the very least even with the week prior. (A Big Bang Theory repeat led the hour and night with 8.9 million viewers and a 2.4.)

Come 9 pm, Fox’s The Choice (3.8 mil/1.6) tied a series high in the 18-34 demo, yet trailed an excellent Person of Interest repeat in viewers (8 mil/1.5, featuring the gorg’ Paige Turco) and Wipeout (down double digits to 5.5 mil/1.7). NBC’s Saving Hope (2.2 mil/0.4), now with a shakier lead-in (sitcom reruns), dropped more than 30 percent from last week’s Olympics-buoyed numbers and was down 19 and 10 percent from the week before that (where it was teed up by a lackluster Bieber).

Closing the night, Rookie Blue (5.1 mil/1.3) trailed a Mentalist repeat (6.8 mil/1.2) in total audience yet notched gains of 9 and 18 percent, while Rock Center (3.3 mil/0.9) hit a summertime high in the demo.

1. Fabe says:

I love Saving Hope, so I hope it gets a second season pickup from NBC.

• just saying says:

Good luck with that. I think you’re the only one.

• Melanie says:

Fabe is not the only one… I also enjoy it and hope it gets picked up. Considering it is Candkian made our viewers and ratings should count too.

• Nichole says:

I enjoy it also. The fact that it’s a Canadian produced show makes ratings less important since NBC doesn’t have to pay the production costs. There’s a good chance that as long as they keep making it in Canada, NBC will keep airing it for summer filler.

• dan says:

In doing my channel surfing I wound up on Saving Hope and was wondering “what is this show?” Seriously, it looked like an amateur video shoot (and I had no idea it was Canadian, so no offense intended to our neighbors to the north). The acting was horrendous. I actually thought I was watching a “new” version of an old St. Elsewhere episode. Unfortunately, it wasn’t up to St. Elsewhere’s standards and I changed the channel after a few minutes of confusion.

• Danielle H says:

Soooo poorly done that I gave up after the pilot because I couldn’t stand the acting or the shooting with the flashes of light.

• bryce says:

Yes it’s sooo poorly done it doesn’t at all look like every other cable show out there. Oh, is it Canadian? I had no idea and am not just trolling.

2. Doug-H says:

It is made in Canada… what are the ratings there??? Flashpoint had so-so ratings on CBS and is now exiled to ION but is a top show in Canada which makes it.. It is a good show.. I just hope Lois Lane doesn’t start crying all the time like Demi did…

3. N says:

I loved Breaking Pointe!

4. dan says:

Nice compliment for Paige Turco. I remember her from her days as Palmer Cortlandt’s niece (before Dixie came to town) on “All My Children.” I’m blank on the character’s name, but she had a love story with Jeremy’s son (can’t think of his name either). Those were the good old days when daytime drama was fun before network bigwigs started calling the shots (and the shows were still being aired many hours a day)!

5. ultimate troll says:

I am curious, if Saving Hope’s ratings actually go below zero will the universe implode or do televisions just start randomly vanishing from this dimension?

6. Christine says:

Rookie Blue is shot in Toronto.