Bad Boys Bracket Finds Revenge Vs. Downton Abbey, Julian McMahon Against...Himself?

Julian McMahon fans might find themselves in a special quandary on Day 12 of TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament.

Indeed, two of the actor’s most popular characters — Nip/Tuck‘s Dr. Christian Troy and Charmed‘s Cole Turner — will do battle in a first-round matchup, with the winner going on to face the survivor of today’s second bout, a matchup of Revenge‘s Daniel Grayson and Downton Abbey‘s Thomas Barrow.

Every day for the next month, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field of 64 down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

And if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. AJ says:

Hard to even vote for any of these. I guess the definition of “bad boy” is kinda broad lol. Where is Omar Little? Rick Grimes? John Locke? Det. Holder? Michael Weston? Archer? Tommy Gavin? Man I could go on and on. Please tell me you are saving the best for last!

2. Melody Paris says:

Cole Turner actually turned into the source of all evil, how can he not be the baddest of the two characters? I don’t watch Downton Abbey, so the vote in the other was easier although I don’t really see Daniel Grayson as a real baddie, at least not yet. Right now he’s more of just a jerk.

• Maris says:

Cole is the best bad boy there is! if he doesn’t win this whole thing I’m gonna be pretty disappointed tbh

3. D says:

I think Thomas from Downton Abbey is the perfect bad boy. I loath him for all the vile things he has done, but then they show a quiet shred of vulnerablity and I start to feel badly for him. It speaks to the actor’s talent for me to feel any sympathy for this dispicable character.

4. I haven’t wathced Charmed, but Christian Troy was a selfish sociopath in Nip/Tuck.

5. nehope says:

I’m out. Bowd Crowder loses to some motorcycle punk!? Don’t care anymore.

6. Rrrrrr says:

I HATE Thomas. Like he’s just so evil, he’s a despicable character. I don’t wanna vote for him.

7. Deion says:

Thomas handily beats Daniel Grayson, But on a lesser watched show. Cole and Christian both just wanted to be loved. I’m just not sure.

8. Deena says:

Cole vs Christian is SOOOOO unfair. No way these characters should meet in the 1st round, never mind the fact they are both played by the gorgeous/sexy/bad-boy-perfectionist Julian McMahon. I demand a rebracketing!

• yippity says:

^THIS^

• Mary says:

Considering Pacey didn’t have to go against Peter in the first round I think it’s only fair that Cole vs. Cristian shouldn’t have happened. I voted for Cole because he was an actual demon, but it’s so hard.

• Deena says:

AGREED 100% Why does Joshua Jackson get a pass? His bad boys aren’t even as fun as Cole & Christian!

9. Ally says:

I agree with whoever said Daniel Grayson doesn’t strike me as a badboy, maybe because he’s never been much of an underdog or darkhorse, something that usually is part of the badboy persona. Until recently, he was pretty much a good boy and even his recent character change has more to do with family loyalty and playing by those rules than anything else.

• Mary says:

I would never have classified Daniel as a badboy, heck Nolan is more of a bad boy than Daniel.

• instaflex says:

yes Nolan as bad boy ok, but Daniel? is just a spoiled kid who has chosen to side with his momy against dady…

• DeeKayTee says:

I agree. I don’t watch Downton Abby but I had to vote for Thomas just because Daniel Grayson is NOT what I consider to be a “bad boy”. Damon Salvatore to win the whole thing! The epitome of a bad boy!!

10. cjeffery7 says:

well, Thomas is doing well considering Daniel Grayson is all the rage these days. good on ya mate!

11. TheBeach says:

Tyler was the real bad boy on Revenge but since they killed him off, I guess he doesn’t qualify. I don’t see Daniel as a bad boy but rather a rich kid with a good heart that is easily manipulated. My vote goes to Thomas.

12. Miles says:

Cole is the only caharcter I’m familiar with here, so I only voted for him.

13. Nicole says:

As much as I love josh bowman, I don’t really think of grayson as much of a bad boy. Ok, he kind of turned bad by the end of the season, but he was fairly sweet for most of the season. My vote goes to thomas, who is so entertainingly evil!

14. Nelson says:

Why isn’t the tournament pic updated with the results from the last closed polls?

15. mia says:

Omg. I had such a crush on Cole when I was a teenager….he was so beautiful and dangerous.

16. Cole is my favorite male TV character of all time, so really an easy choice there!

17. Linda says:

Julian Mcmahon needs to be back on TV. I voted for Cole!

18. darcywilson says:

Thomas vs. Daniel is not okay with me.

19. Funny. I voted for Christian, but once I thought about it, Cole was the demon in the end. Though Christian was deliciously deviant. Christian Grey wishes he was Christian Troy.

20. airhead says:

why would anyone vote for thomas?! i hate him so much that i refuse to even consider voting for him even though i’m not sure if daniel could be considered a bad boy. he’s really just a rich boy.

21. JULIAN MCMAHON <333333

22. Amanda says:

I love that Thomas is on here!!! I really love his character almost as much as I do Matthew on “Downton Abbey”. LOL I feel myself rooting for him even with him being so mean sometimes. They’ve shown his caring side and Rob does such a great job playing him!!! The way I feel about Thomas is exactly how I feel about Loki in “Thor” and “The Avengers”, as well as Don in “Mad Men”. So to me Rob’s doing an amazing job if I can relate him to Tom Hiddleston and Jon Hamm!!! I can’t wait to see what happens to Thomas next season and I wish I didn’t ship him with Edith but I do, even if the character is gay. LOL

23. Celia Faria says:

Cole Turner is my favorite demon! Of course I voted for him!

24. Karen says:

I love Charmed! And Cole effin rules!

25. Velvet says:

I always liked Cole even though he was a demon.