Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Ringer's Kristoffer Polaha Joins CBS' Made in Jersey as Series Regular

CBS’ Made in Jersey legal drama is bringing in a Ringer.

Kristoffer Polaha, who played Henry opposite Sarah Michelle Gellar on The CW’s one-and-done mystery series, is now a series regular on the upcoming CBS freshman, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Made in Jersey follows Martina Garretti (played by Human Target’s Janet Montgomery), a working-class Garden State gal who holds her own among the snooty lawyers at Stark & Rowan, a New York law firm. Kyle MacLachlan (Desperate Housewives) and Donna Murphy (Hack) co-star.

Polaha will play Nolan, a handsome, charming third-year associate at the firm. Though Nolan came of age against a backdrop of private schools and wild getaways in the Hamptons, his dad’s squandering of the family fortune means he doesn’t have much in the bank. Nevertheless, Nolan’s a well-established member of the Manhattan elite.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

Before Ringer, Polaha portrayed slacker dad Nate on The CW’s Life Unexpected. His TV credits also include Mad Men, The CW’s Valentine and Judy Greer’s Miss Guided.

Jersey will run Fridays at 9/8c in the fall, hammocked by CSI: NY and Blue Bloods.

Comments (25)

• uhhh this guy is bad karma. No show survives him long-time. Valentine, ringer etc.
    He is a bit bland but oK and I don’t fall for his mimic.

Comment by Stay – July 5, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Have you seen LUX? Guy is very talented. How many shows was Penn Badgley on that failed pre GG? I loved LUX and liked Ringer. Let’s hope CBS is better to him. May tune in for him. Best of luck.

Comment by xanderzgirl34@yahoo.com – July 5, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL Now we know the show is going to be canceled. He looks pretty but that’s about it. He’s bad karma!!!

Comment by Daniela – July 5, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bad karma is right. It has nothing to do with the shows sucking. I guess that means we won’t be seeing Mad Men for very much longer.

Comment by MaxxFisher – July 5, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love him! I had no interest in this show, but I will add it to my ‘must watch’ list now.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – July 5, 2012 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • met this guy once. One of the coolest dudes I’ve met. Such a family man and a fun actor to watch. I’ll try to check this one out.

Comment by Nicholas – July 5, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like him but still won’t watch Made in Jersey–too procedural for my taste.

Comment by Ally – July 5, 2012 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like him but it’s too bad I won’t be watching. I don’t watch legal procedurals and I REFUSE TO WATCH anything about NEW JERSEY. Back in 2008-2009 he was on a show called Valentine with Jamie Murray. I really liked that show.

Comment by Velvet – July 5, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YO-whats wrong with Joisey? Yous got a problem wit that? As we say in da Garden State-fuhgettaboutit!

Comment by brutony – July 5, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still have no interest in the show. Now the show is definitely going to get cancelled with him… I mean have you seen his track record with shows? Valentine, Life Unexpected, Miss Guided and Ringer. He seems like a really nice guy but he’s the definition of wooden, he’s so stiff and robotic with his acting.

Comment by Gerald – July 5, 2012 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You forgot about North Shore, a drama about a luxury hotel in Hawaii, that debuted in Fall of ’04, the same time Lost did, which was also filmed in Hawaii. NS didnt last long, esp due to Mr Polemic. Im sure hes a nice guy, and probably beefcake for you ladies-and some men-out there. But acting wise, hes as stiff as one of the surfboards he would frequently use on that late show!

Comment by brutony – July 5, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s better than his track record shows. He’ll never set the world on fire with his acting, but he’s likable and good-looking and natural-enough – a good fit for TV. However, given the type of role this is, I’d suggest a decent haircut and a shave – he looks much better when he’s clean-cut.

Comment by Miffy – July 5, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t believe he is the downfall of any of the shows he’s been on that have been cancelled. Now, Christian Slater is a show killer. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment by Velvet – July 5, 2012 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I know is he’s one of the most naturally gorgeous men I’ve seen on TV in the last few years. He was a d-bag on Ringer but I still couldn’t take my eyes off him.

Comment by ChrisGa – July 5, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was great in Life Unexpected, but this guy keeps jumping on shows that get cancelled quickly. He’s fun and likable so I’ll try to DVR or OnDemand this show once or twice before Nikita comes back just to see how he does. No gaurantees cause I know I’ll be busy with Grimm (maybe Smackdown here and there). But I’m not excited about this show at all, just another procedural on the Crimes Being Solved network. Like his other shows I don’t expect this one to last long either

Comment by Ram510 – July 5, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Christopher Gorham had the same problem until finally landing Covert Affairs. Not his fault, nor is it Polaha’s, that the shows they were on tanked. Both are excellent actors and good people in real life.

Comment by Cash – July 5, 2012 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This news makes me miss Life Unexpected

Comment by Rebecca – July 5, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am i the only person who has never liked him (as an actor obv), for me he was the least likeable character on LUX and then he had similar attitudes in ringer, hes the reason i stopped watching both shows and I was really excited about Made in Jersey!

Comment by Kate McKenna (@Katemadeleine) – July 5, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No I am TOTALLY with you. I think he is a terrible actor too. Never really seems to convince me he is the character.

Comment by S – July 5, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This guy is one of the worst actors on primetime TV in my opinion too. I’m pretty annoyed that Made in Jersey downgraded the great Stephanie March to recurring status, then hired him of all people as a series regular? Seriously, that’s adding insult to injury as far as I’m concerned.

Comment by whisperintherain – July 6, 2012 01:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was the least appealing actor on Ringer…its kinda a bummer to see he’s the first to get another role.
    Also…it really makes me miss Ringer. Stupid CW.

Comment by mia – July 5, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Love him. Glad to hear he’s on a real network, he deserves a steady job. He’s an underrated talent.

Comment by Ella – July 5, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry, but I love this guy. I wasn’t even interested in seeing this show, but I will watch it now, just for Kris Polaha. Loved him on LUX and Ringer. Plus, he just finished filming the movie Old Days in my hometown, and a few of my friends met him and said he was such an amazingly nice guy. All of these shows he has been on were a lot better than some of the ones that have been going for many seasons, but people couldn’t appreciate its amazingness.

Comment by Amanda – July 5, 2012 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Have heard a lot about him being nice. He talks to his fans on his facebook page [the fan one]. Very talented esp. in LUX. Looooved that shw, liked Ringer. Wish him well.

Comment by lorna – July 25, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve loved him since North Shore…yes I’m one of the few who watched and loved that show. But he doesn’t have good luck. I’m not really interested in any new shows b/c all the ones I like get the axe before they have a chance to get their footing (Ringer, Secret Circle…thank God CBS is bringing back Unforgettable).

Comment by GS – July 6, 2012 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post