Soaps Scoop: Axed Y&R Star Eileen Davidson Returning to Days of Our Lives

It’s official: Eileen Davidson is headed back to Days of Our Lives.

The suds vet will reprise her role on the NBC soap as Kristen Blake, (erstwhile) Big Bad Stefano DiMera’s foster daughter, TVLine has confirmed. Her return is set to begin airing on Oct. 11.

RELATED | Days Vet Peter Reckell to Exit

The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting news.

Davidson’s villainous alter-ego — and her alter’s many alters — were last seen on Days in 1998 when she was presumed dead via drowning. However, in true soap fashion, Kristen had actually been stranded on an island.

RELATED | Days of Our Lives Axes 4 Stars, Including Matthew Ashford and Christie Clark

The actress’ return to Salem comes on the heels of her shocking ouster from CBS’ The Young and the Restless, where she has portrayed Genoa City’s beloved Ashley Abbott on and off since 1982.

Are you excited to see Davidson — and possibly her abundance of kooky characters — back on Days? Let us know about it in the comments!

Comments (51)

• YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!! Best news EVER!!

Comment by Ryan – July 5, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exciting news! Eileen is the bestest actress for those 3 roles, never laughed so hard, super duper news…..Comment by Trudy in Canada August 24-12.

Comment by Trudy Nerbas – August 24, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think she is a great character. Brady is such a dummy. and she is a cougar.

Comment by Ann – January 4, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! Will Susan be returning to Salem, too? “That Sami is mean, mean, mean!” ;-)

Comment by Frank Anthony Polito – July 5, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LMAO me and my mom still to this day say “you’re mean, mean, mean Kristen!”

Comment by Captain – July 5, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To this date, several times a year, I put my teeth out like they’re buck teeth and make reference to someone being mean, mean, mean! Kristen, Susan, Sister Mary Moira, Thomas, Penelope….I hope they all return!

Comment by Lou – July 6, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • October is too far away as far as I’m concerned! I can’t wait!

Comment by Gary Jr. – July 5, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so exciting!! I had a feeling she would return :)

Comment by Kensi – July 5, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stupid Y&R people for getting rid of her. Good for her then.

Comment by Linda – July 5, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was one of many idiotic moves that show’s made in the last few years. Still, DAYS always gave Davidson a serious chance to stretch her acting, far more than she’s done in her last few years at Y&R.

Comment by ChrisGa – July 5, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • New love interest for EJ?

Comment by TMW – July 5, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, Susan is EJs mother. So Kristen is not his new live interest.

Comment by Kimberly – July 5, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, technically Kristen isn’t blood-related to EJ, Susan is. But yeah, it would still be icky and very Oedipal.

Comment by bamabunny – July 5, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Kristen is his Foster Sister

Comment by Kirk – August 10, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • dude, don’t U ever read the storylines, she is his mother, from the altar ego Susan pretending of being expecting when John thought he was the father but he’s actually not tho.

Comment by TRUK – September 6, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is EJ’s mother and John Black is his father….oh I feel Stefano isn’t dead LOL

Comment by Teresa Recker – July 24, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s wonderful news!
    Another stupid mistake Y&R has made in “letting her go” as a spiteful redhead puts it.
    I’m about to DVR Days again.
    Eileen Davidson as a love interest for EJ? Seriously? Hasn’t he enough already. Besides that ED also portrays EJ’s mother Susan Banks. LOL

Comment by Daniela – July 5, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She not only plays EJ’s mother, Susan Banks, she also plays his adoptive sister, Kristen Blake.

Comment by Ryan – July 5, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now I have to start watching Days of Our Lives…………………. again!!!

Comment by Eric – July 5, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve been watching since the 80′s

Comment by TRUK – September 6, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristen Blake was my original favourite soap character! EXCITED!

Comment by Captain – July 5, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have prayed for the HBIC of Salem to return since I was 12 years old. Come back, Kristen! And bring your evil sexy brother too. Pinch me. Is it October 11 yet?

Comment by Tara – July 5, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that would be Tony

Comment by TRUK – September 6, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Kristen brother is actually Peter Blake

Comment by quansera – September 26, 2012 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it & can’t wait!

Comment by Joanna – July 5, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahhh she was my favorite character on Days growing up!! Guess I will put Days on my DVR!!

Comment by Rebecca – July 5, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, yay!! This is wonderful news!! It will be great to have Kristen back; even greater to have Susan! And maybe Sister Mary Moira and Thomas will follow. Who was it that died in the pool – Penelope? She could come back, too, if her being dead “didn’t take”, just as Rolf’s didn’t. Now if they’d just bring back Rolf and [also dead] Bart when Stefano returns from the “dead”. LOL

Comment by Chloe – July 5, 2012 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad for us Y&R fans.

Comment by Morgen – July 5, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mean, mean, mean….. :)

Comment by Jane – July 5, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy to hear this!! Love Eileen & the characters she’s bringing back. October can’t come soon enough.

Comment by theresa – July 5, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Her attempts to stretch by playing all those “comedic” characters are so lame and unfunny. But she’s a good performer within her range, and seems like a good person, so I’m glad to see her get work. Y&R was absolutely stupid for letting her go.

Comment by Miffy – July 5, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Talk about Smoking Hot! – All Scenarios Lead to Hotness! Bloody Hell, I’d start watching Soaps, but I have to work :(

Comment by Bob Jones – July 5, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wait, who’s the character she played with the funny teeth?

Comment by tim – July 5, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was Susan Banks, who is EJ’s mother.

Comment by Chloe – July 5, 2012 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As soon as I heard Eileen Davidson was fired from Y&R I hoped Days would scoop her back up!! I am so excited about this!

Comment by AJ – July 5, 2012 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristen was “sold into slavery”, arranged by Susan as revenge for all she’s done. She wasn’t stranded on an island.

Comment by Brock – July 6, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And when Supernatural ends (god forbid) Eric can come back too.

Comment by Rosie (@saxyroro) – July 6, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d ratehr see Eileen Davidson come back as EJ’s mother and let us find out who EJ’s biological father is and how she managed to put one over on Stefano as no one else ever did.

Comment by Jwb52z – July 8, 2012 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gat damn it, shes about the only thing that can save this pos…except shes swimming up stream with this horrible writing crew.

Comment by JB Smooove – July 10, 2012 12:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great news, very excited that she is returning to Days. I must admit that i am a Young and Restless Fan as well, but i love Eileen when she played on Days as Kristin. She was stuning and still is , stuning and beautiful. Her beauty sparks like lightning when she is on Days and her acting was outstanding. She always leave us wanting more from Days everyday, with the suspense and thrills that she always leave whenever one episode is ended with her. Kristin, Oct seems too long for us to wait for your arrival, we waited almost 14 years for you to return home to Salem. i can’t say how happy i am with the return of Eileen Davidson, I hope the writters would not screw up with her storyline. i would also like to the directing teams at Days to stop getting rid of old stars. IT is sad to see that Carrie and Austin, even Bo and Jack ,not to mention Vivian was gotten rid of. These are the stars who made Days what it is in the 90′suNFORGETTABLE) It would have really been nice for all of them to be in Salem for her return. i would have love to see their reaction when the learnt that she was alive and not dead after all these years. But i guess thats not gonna happen.

Comment by JOHN – July 20, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Bo leaves, please!!! bring back the guy who played Bo while Bo was gone. He played mostly with Carly and Billie Reid.

Comment by P. Phillips – July 21, 2012 02:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you remember Kristian Alfonso and Robert kelker-Kelly didn’t have chemistry! Plus after they brought back Peter Reckell and got fired he went on talk shows and complained! He never worked again!

Comment by Melissa – July 23, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • please don’t let Bo leave. Have watched days for 40yrs. The best couples are Bo and Hope and Marlena and John.

Comment by Donna – August 5, 2012 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes it’s great Kristen Blake is returning! But I have a feeling Kristen double crossed Susan and has been PRETENDING to be Susan all along. You kinda got that impression when Hope talked to Susan a couple months ago!

Comment by Melissa – July 23, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to test for those stupid Puzzle boxes b-4 I waste my time.

Comment by Carole – July 31, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am soo excitted for Eileen Davidson coming back to Days Of Our Lives I am relived and shocked to hear that.
    Aww that really took allot of tears from everybody including me too.

Since then 20 years ago I always loved her on Days as Kristen Blake she and Dedrea Hall as Marlena has some possession chemistry bond during Possession Storyline since 18 years ago. It was irrespiring thriller between Good verses Evil brought them both close has crated bonding over John Black.

It was entertaining awesome episode ever seen seen.

Comment by Adam John Boyd – August 2, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ditto for Y&R being stupid, stupid stupid!! i knew days would scoop her up like that. they made room for genie francis at Y&R and sacrifced davidson.

Comment by josie – August 9, 2012 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • good bye genoa city, hello salem im really glad eileen davidson is back on days. I know one thing if bill bell was still alive she would have never got fired from y and r i heard they was supposted to bring beth rains to play ashley abott come on brad bell you can do better than that, the hell with them eileen good luck on days

Comment by jeorgie – September 5, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Quick, someone pinch me because I think I’m still dreaming!!! lol….. Kristen is coming back to Salem??? YES YES YES!!! I’m anxious to find out how her return will affect John and Marlena. Though she wasn’t actually related to Stefano, she is still very much like him. The phoenix always rises from the ashes, and Eileen Davidson’s return to DOOL proves that sometimes the past really can come back and bite you in the butt. So in conclusion, I say YES!! Bring Kristen back home to Salem!!

Comment by Vera – October 3, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristen is a dude..it cant have kids

Comment by Theresa – January 24, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post