Soaps Scoop: Axed Y&R Star Eileen Davidson Returning to Days of Our Lives

It’s official: Eileen Davidson is headed back to Days of Our Lives.

The suds vet will reprise her role on the NBC soap as Kristen Blake, (erstwhile) Big Bad Stefano DiMera’s foster daughter, TVLine has confirmed. Her return is set to begin airing on Oct. 11.

RELATED | Days Vet Peter Reckell to Exit

The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting news.

Davidson’s villainous alter-ego — and her alter’s many alters — were last seen on Days in 1998 when she was presumed dead via drowning. However, in true soap fashion, Kristen had actually been stranded on an island.

RELATED | Days of Our Lives Axes 4 Stars, Including Matthew Ashford and Christie Clark

The actress’ return to Salem comes on the heels of her shocking ouster from CBS’ The Young and the Restless, where she has portrayed Genoa City’s beloved Ashley Abbott on and off since 1982.

Are you excited to see Davidson — and possibly her abundance of kooky characters — back on Days? Let us know about it in the comments!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Daytime TV

1. Ryan says:

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!! Best news EVER!!

2. OMG! Will Susan be returning to Salem, too? “That Sami is mean, mean, mean!” ;-)

• Captain says:

LMAO me and my mom still to this day say “you’re mean, mean, mean Kristen!”

• Lou says:

To this date, several times a year, I put my teeth out like they’re buck teeth and make reference to someone being mean, mean, mean! Kristen, Susan, Sister Mary Moira, Thomas, Penelope….I hope they all return!

3. Gary Jr. says:

October is too far away as far as I’m concerned! I can’t wait!

4. Kensi says:

This is so exciting!! I had a feeling she would return :)

5. Linda says:

Stupid Y&R people for getting rid of her. Good for her then.

• ChrisGa says:

It was one of many idiotic moves that show’s made in the last few years. Still, DAYS always gave Davidson a serious chance to stretch her acting, far more than she’s done in her last few years at Y&R.

6. TMW says:

New love interest for EJ?

7. Daniela says:

That’s wonderful news!
    Another stupid mistake Y&R has made in “letting her go” as a spiteful redhead puts it.
    I’m about to DVR Days again.
    Eileen Davidson as a love interest for EJ? Seriously? Hasn’t he enough already. Besides that ED also portrays EJ’s mother Susan Banks. LOL

8. Eric says:

Now I have to start watching Days of Our Lives…………………. again!!!

9. Captain says:

Kristen Blake was my original favourite soap character! EXCITED!

10. Tara says:

I have prayed for the HBIC of Salem to return since I was 12 years old. Come back, Kristen! And bring your evil sexy brother too. Pinch me. Is it October 11 yet?

11. Joanna says:

Love it & can’t wait!

12. Rebecca says:

Ahhh she was my favorite character on Days growing up!! Guess I will put Days on my DVR!!

13. Chloe says:

Oh, yay!! This is wonderful news!! It will be great to have Kristen back; even greater to have Susan! And maybe Sister Mary Moira and Thomas will follow. Who was it that died in the pool – Penelope? She could come back, too, if her being dead “didn’t take”, just as Rolf’s didn’t. Now if they’d just bring back Rolf and [also dead] Bart when Stefano returns from the “dead”. LOL

14. Morgen says:

So sad for us Y&R fans.

15. Jane says:

Mean, mean, mean….. :)

16. theresa says:

So happy to hear this!! Love Eileen & the characters she’s bringing back. October can’t come soon enough.

17. Miffy says:

Her attempts to stretch by playing all those “comedic” characters are so lame and unfunny. But she’s a good performer within her range, and seems like a good person, so I’m glad to see her get work. Y&R was absolutely stupid for letting her go.

18. Bob Jones says:

Talk about Smoking Hot! – All Scenarios Lead to Hotness! Bloody Hell, I’d start watching Soaps, but I have to work :(

19. tim says:

wait, who’s the character she played with the funny teeth?

20. AJ says:

As soon as I heard Eileen Davidson was fired from Y&R I hoped Days would scoop her back up!! I am so excited about this!

21. Brock says:

Kristen was “sold into slavery”, arranged by Susan as revenge for all she’s done. She wasn’t stranded on an island.

22. And when Supernatural ends (god forbid) Eric can come back too.

23. Jwb52z says:

I’d ratehr see Eileen Davidson come back as EJ’s mother and let us find out who EJ’s biological father is and how she managed to put one over on Stefano as no one else ever did.

24. JB Smooove says:

Gat damn it, shes about the only thing that can save this pos…except shes swimming up stream with this horrible writing crew.

25. JOHN says:

This is great news, very excited that she is returning to Days. I must admit that i am a Young and Restless Fan as well, but i love Eileen when she played on Days as Kristin. She was stuning and still is , stuning and beautiful. Her beauty sparks like lightning when she is on Days and her acting was outstanding. She always leave us wanting more from Days everyday, with the suspense and thrills that she always leave whenever one episode is ended with her. Kristin, Oct seems too long for us to wait for your arrival, we waited almost 14 years for you to return home to Salem. i can’t say how happy i am with the return of Eileen Davidson, I hope the writters would not screw up with her storyline. i would also like to the directing teams at Days to stop getting rid of old stars. IT is sad to see that Carrie and Austin, even Bo and Jack ,not to mention Vivian was gotten rid of. These are the stars who made Days what it is in the 90’suNFORGETTABLE) It would have really been nice for all of them to be in Salem for her return. i would have love to see their reaction when the learnt that she was alive and not dead after all these years. But i guess thats not gonna happen.

26. P. Phillips says:

If Bo leaves, please!!! bring back the guy who played Bo while Bo was gone. He played mostly with Carly and Billie Reid.

• Melissa says:

If you remember Kristian Alfonso and Robert kelker-Kelly didn’t have chemistry! Plus after they brought back Peter Reckell and got fired he went on talk shows and complained! He never worked again!

• Donna says:

please don’t let Bo leave. Have watched days for 40yrs. The best couples are Bo and Hope and Marlena and John.

27. Melissa says:

Yes it’s great Kristen Blake is returning! But I have a feeling Kristen double crossed Susan and has been PRETENDING to be Susan all along. You kinda got that impression when Hope talked to Susan a couple months ago!

28. Carole says:

I’m going to test for those stupid Puzzle boxes b-4 I waste my time.

29. I am soo excitted for Eileen Davidson coming back to Days Of Our Lives I am relived and shocked to hear that.
    Aww that really took allot of tears from everybody including me too.

Since then 20 years ago I always loved her on Days as Kristen Blake she and Dedrea Hall as Marlena has some possession chemistry bond during Possession Storyline since 18 years ago. It was irrespiring thriller between Good verses Evil brought them both close has crated bonding over John Black.

It was entertaining awesome episode ever seen seen.

30. josie says:

ditto for Y&R being stupid, stupid stupid!! i knew days would scoop her up like that. they made room for genie francis at Y&R and sacrifced davidson.

31. jeorgie says:

good bye genoa city, hello salem im really glad eileen davidson is back on days. I know one thing if bill bell was still alive she would have never got fired from y and r i heard they was supposted to bring beth rains to play ashley abott come on brad bell you can do better than that, the hell with them eileen good luck on days

32. Vera says:

Quick, someone pinch me because I think I’m still dreaming!!! lol….. Kristen is coming back to Salem??? YES YES YES!!! I’m anxious to find out how her return will affect John and Marlena. Though she wasn’t actually related to Stefano, she is still very much like him. The phoenix always rises from the ashes, and Eileen Davidson’s return to DOOL proves that sometimes the past really can come back and bite you in the butt. So in conclusion, I say YES!! Bring Kristen back home to Salem!!

33. Theresa says:

Kristen is a dude..it cant have kids