Big Brother 14 Cast Features Playboy Playmate, Russell Hantz's Bro and 4 Mystery Returnees

Big Brother fans, here’s your chance to size up the fresh meat new houseguests.

The CBS reality series has unveiled 12 of its cast members for the upcoming 14th cycle. Among the standouts, if for no other reason than their appearance and/or profession and/or reality-TV lineage: Fabio-lookalike Wil, mobile spray-tan entrepreneur Ashley, house-flipper Shane, engineering student Ian, 2006 Playboy Playmate of the Year Kara, and Willie — younger brother of frequent Survivor villain Russell Hantz. The oldest contestant is 42; the youngest, a barely legal 21.

RELATED | Hot for Summer: Your Calendar of July Premiere Dates

The remaining four yet-to-be-named houseguests will be familiar faces who’ve had previous success in the house. Those crafty co-habitators will be revealed in the season premiere (airing Thursday, July 12 at 9/8c) and operate on hidden agendas. Until then, take a look at the 12 new roommates, and then hit the comments to lodge your guess at which former faces you’d like to see join them!

CLICK EACH IMAGE TO ADVANCE TO THE NEXT

Comments (51)

• Reblogged this on The Curbside Prophet and commented:
    I just had to repost this as I am a very big Big Brother US fan!

Comment by iamtheblurr – July 5, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awful idea to have four returning houseguests. This show is so stale. When you keep bringing back old cast members because you can’t find someone new, your show is over. This will likely just be a rehash of last week.

Comment by YowzaPowza – July 5, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Last season I mean.

Comment by YowzaPowza – July 5, 2012 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • the returning houseguest are not playing the game for the 500k, though. So, it won’t be the same as last season.

Comment by Nina – July 5, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • agree, they are desperately trying to find everyway to bring back old houseguests because they cannot come up with original twists for new houseguests…. pathetic

Comment by John – July 5, 2012 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i agree about them bringing back houseguests. it takes away from the new ones.and what ur saying is the new ones arent interesting enough so u have to bring in returning houseguests. this is why didnt care too much for last season. doesnt make me excited for the new season, but hopefully im wrong. i hate glass house and dont wanna be forced to watch that.

Comment by crazyhomebodygirl – July 5, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • There will be NO veteran domination like last season, since these four are NOT playing for the 500k.

Comment by Nina – July 5, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Than why are they even here? If they’re going to bring back old houseguests I’d rather them play than just sit around and be egotistical and fight over who’s the best player. I’ll give it a chance, but having 4 people come back to play “their own game” is just silly and scatterbrained.

Comment by YowzaPowza – July 5, 2012 10:29 AM PDT
        • It’s like saying the new houseguests aren’t smart enough to play the game so they need mentors. Stupid.

Comment by Wrstlgirl – July 5, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This. I really wish they’d stop bringing past competitors back.

Comment by John – July 5, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they want to bring back old houseguests so badly, why not do another all-stars season? Bringing back old contestants is a horrible idea, simply because you watch them dominate the house most of the time. I can’t stand it in Survivor and I can’t stand it in BB.

Comment by Cal – July 5, 2012 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So ready! Won’t judge the cast until premiere. I hear Janelle is back, but I don’t trust BB rumors.

Comment by Rolfe – July 5, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s gonna be Rachel so she can play a third consecutive year.

Comment by Rob – July 5, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no she’s not coming back, grodner confirmed it

Comment by John – July 5, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank god for that!

Comment by Wrstlgirl – July 5, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wouldn’t mind having past players had Allison Grodner not stepped in last year and so obviously manipulated the outcome of the game to suit Brenchel and JeJo. Remember that last minute Pandora’s Box at the end of the season that kept both Rachel and Jordan in the game by pairing them together in a twist never before seen on BB that made no sense whatsoever?

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – July 5, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes… that was so obviously staged. Come on now, we’re not that stupid. Rachel won because the entire show was rigged for her.

Comment by John – July 5, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The past few seasons the producers’ manipulation has been ridiculous. Winning Big Brother means absolutely nothing except, you were the person the producers wanted to win. If Brendan/Rachel come back this season I am 100% DONE! It would be nice if they brought back Cassi. She never got a fair shot.

Comment by Captain – July 5, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’re coming back as mentors only. Not playing in the game. Each mentor will have 4 people they’re looking over. Interesting idea and I’m excited to see Janelle come back. I have had enough of Rachel though.

Comment by Josh – July 5, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well there’s 4 mentors and only 12 houseguests… so I guess that’s 3 each

Comment by John – July 5, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Awful idea. It’s like four people playing the game rather than the usual 14 or so. I hope this rumor isn’t true. I’d rather they just throw four people back in the mix.

Comment by YowzaPowza – July 5, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. Seems so ridiculous to bring anyone back, let alone to be mentors. Reserving any snarky judgment on the cast until the show airs, but not too excited to see another Hantz on TV.

Comment by tripoli – July 5, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So Janelle is leaving her new born baby alone all summer????

Comment by Jason – July 5, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That slag has abandoned babies scattered all over the continental United States.

Comment by Jeffrey – July 5, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it’s any of the four they brought back last season…Jeff, Jordan, Brenden or Rachel, it won’t be on in this house. If they insist on bringing back recycled players at least give us some fresh faces.

Comment by Wrstlgirl – July 5, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want Janelle back,lol

Comment by Shaun – July 5, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t see the appeal with Janelle but I’ll take her over that annoying Rachel anyday.

Comment by Wrstlgirl – July 5, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For Pete’s sake! Can CBS please stop going back to the Hantz well? What does that family have on Les Moonves to coerce him into letting them on its shows? If a Hantz shows up on my precious Amazing Race, I’ll lose my mind.

Comment by Dg – July 5, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, no more Hantz family in any show.

Comment by ty – July 5, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I had the same feeling after reading this. Let’s hope Russell doesn’t have any more brothers, nephews, etc.

Comment by fringegirl47 – July 5, 2012 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He and Evil Dick are going to be on Amazing Race.

Comment by Michael – July 6, 2012 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The 4 returning are suppose to be Janelle, Dan (season 10 I think), Boggie, and a 4th who most think is Danielle from Season 3. They have confirmed nobody from last season so that takes out Rachel thankfully.

Comment by Flippy – July 5, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bb is a clone every year..lame twist..same games..contestant even know what games r coming up cuz theyre the the same

Comment by hr – July 5, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they bring back Rachel and Brendan, I seriously think I will have to boycott this season.

Comment by A – July 5, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not suffering through another psycho Hantz piece of trash. I just saved $30 by not subscribing to the live feeds!

Comment by Jeffrey – July 5, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will is hot. Yay for eye candy.

Comment by Mark – July 5, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rachel better be back this season-

She IS Big Brother <3

Comment by Lexdy – July 5, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is an annoying contestant! Brennnnnan </3

Comment by Brunomars – July 6, 2012 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HELLO PEOPLE, obviously a show called Big Brother is manipulated.

Comment by Brett Staffen (@Staffen) – July 5, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another Hantz, really…

Comment by Christina – July 5, 2012 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE JANELLE

Comment by OMG – July 5, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe it’s lane or brittney or hayden or ppl from that cast.

Comment by Bbfan_2012 – July 6, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • with all the millions of people in the States, can’t they find a new cast of newbies?

Comment by Goosie – July 6, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big brother needs to focus on bringing better looking males like Jeff into the house..obviously they’re too focused on getting attractive women

Comment by Brunomars – July 6, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Janelle, Will, Boogie, and Danielle haha

Comment by Kelly – July 7, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • FOR SURE I DON’T WANT RACHEAL, I wont even WATCH if they are back

Comment by Kelly – July 7, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can hear it it now — Wil “Fabio” Heuser!! And look at all the “enhanced” talent in the cast!! I’m surprised that Julie Chen hasn’t asked Moonves for a boob job!

Comment by Bob Lozano – July 8, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kara looks like fun and Wil is hilarious. I was watching some of his youtube videos. Should be a fun season.

Comment by Lyle – July 9, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would be more interested if Betty White and 13 of her friends were on the show….Now that woulkd be worth watching …..lol

Comment by L.Garner – July 12, 2012 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post