Exclusive

90210 Exclusive: Justin Deeley Poised to Exit

Justin Deeley 9021090210 is losing its southern drawl in Season 5: TVLine has learned exclusively that Justin Deeley is poised to exit the CW soap after just one season.

RELATED | 90210 Exclusive: Riley Smith Is Annie’s New Love Interest!

According to sources, the actor — who first joined 90210 last year as Austin, a California cowboy with a thing for AnnaLynne McCord’s Naomi — will be written out in the season premiere (airing Monday, Oct. 8 at 8/7c). However, a rep for the show maintains that the “door is still open for him to reappear in future episodes.”

The move makes sense considering Deeley didn’t have much to do in the wake of Austin and Naomi’s split (save for his character offering to help Adrianna with her fledgling singing career in May’s finale.)

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Other casting shakeups in Season 5 include the departure of series regular Gillian Zinser, who played surfer chick Ivy, and a strong recurring “promotion” for Josh Zuckerman’s dweeby Max.

Are you sad to see Justin Deeley leave 90210? Hit the comments!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive

1. Rachel says:

Don’t buy Naomi/Max. Liked her n Austin. Sad but not surprised.

2. Chalice93 says:

Good riddance.

3. This show has the most unstable cast and crew in the history of television.

How many actors came on the show and then left? How many showrunners, producers and writers have they changed since it started airing? The only reason why this show is still on the air is because of the 90210 brand and good international sales because of that brand.
    The show itself is pitiful.

• Billy martins says:

I agree with u the show has been up”s&down last year compare to other yrs I think if they continue with the way there gonna it”s maybe gonna be there last season the thing that they need to do is bring in more original characters from Beverly hills 90210 I would love to see like Andrea,David,Valerie,Brandon,Steve,Cindy & Jim Walsh.and especially dylan.that”ll bring in viewers so we can see at least one more season.now that 90210 is in it fifth season it”s time to kick it up an notch!!!!lets make this season the best compare to other seasons.

• Captain says:

Agreed this show is so inconsistent and uneven and seems to change actors/showrunners on a monthly basis. Season 1 was a mixed-bag, season 2 was crap, season 3 was a vast improvement before the nosedive that was season 4. I can’t imagine how awful season 5 will be but I’m sure it will be full of ridiculous new characters.

• carine says:

yupp:(
      first ethan and then austin :(
      i loved them:(

4. Steffy says:

yeh he needed to go, other than Naomi I don’t see what reason there is to keep him. I love Ade with Dixon and that needs to work.

5. PeterW says:

did anyone ever notice that he also played the stripper at ivys hen party or just me ??

6. sara says:

That sucks. I wanted him to get with Annie or Adrianna.

7. Samantha says:

Can they please stop trying to make Jessica Lowndes’ singing happen. She’s not that good!

• Brandy says:

That’s your opinion.Her fans(I think she’s great)& music industry professionals who know what they’re doing/talking about and find talent for a living say otherwise- she wouldn’t be singing on the show if showrunners&music pros didnt think she had talent.

• lil790 says:

she’s a good singer. but i don’t like the musical storyline in this show. it’s gettin’ really boring..

8. ggny says:

and no one cared… seriously it was mistake bringing this guy in to try and replace Max

9. Scott says:

Nope. He was a great addition and rooting for him and Adrianna

10. Kate says:

I liked him so I’m sad to see him go. But there were rumors of a CW exec wanting him gone so I’m not totally surprised. I thought he had great chemistry with Naomi. Sucks that now we’re going to have to sit through Naomi/Max – they’re a poor imitation of Seth and Summer.

• zest says:

“But there were rumors of a CW exec wanting him gone so I’m not totally surprised.”

meh.. lame rumours.. :-/

11. Selena says:

Austin grew on me but I don’t really think he has much to do with the show anymore. Yay love max and Naomi together I thought max wouldn’t come back. Why is ivy leaving love her !! And is Dixon gonna die from getting hit by the semi :( Adrianna singing in the show is getting boring she needs a new story line and Liam needs to date me haha

12. Olivia says:

I would rather Dixon leave. Nothing against the actor but I hate the character.

• ggny says:

im guessing Dixon doesnt make it through that crash

• Dyra says:

Dixon leaves and I’m done with this show. He’s the one character that shows emotions and heart.

• Olivia says:

By being selfish,and arrogant… yeah. To each their own :)

• Dyra says:

by being sweet and caring, and thoughtful, by giving people chances and not just judging them for their actions, by not caring what his friends think about w/ who he brings into his circle or feels like letting in. Sure he screws up but he never holds that over your head. I’m still shocked he doesn’t have a kid or isn’t married off on this show yet.

13. mike says:

Another mistake for this tired show.

14. lil790 says:

bye-bye cowboy.. I’m NOT gonna miss you..

15. Ella says:

Liked Naomi better with him than with Max. The whole move didn’t make sense, since she CHOSE Austin over Max, only to claim she was in love with Max by the end of the season. Ehhhh. I just want her back with Liam where she belongs. They just don’t work with anyone but each other.

16. Jackson Todd says:

It’s clear the writers & producers don’t have a true idea of what keeps the fans coming back… Austin was a great addition – Justin Deeley is a wonderful “Natural” actor! There are other story lines they could pursue for his character… Time will tell if the shows ratings continue? They just lost me as a Nielson TV ratings viewer but must keep anonymous for understood reasons.

17. emelyn says:

i don’t like him with Naomi (#teamMaxomi), i don’t like him with Ade (#teamNavAde) and i will NOT like him with Annie (#teamLannie). and i hate his daddy and the whole cowboy thing. So i guess it’s the right time for him to leave.

18. Bill says:

hated this guy and his redneck dad

19. Nikki says:

I agree, emelyn. Team Maxomi and NavAde! Might as well add Sixon in there too. :)

20. GD says:

He was alright. As long as they don’t loose Liam. And I am cheering for him and Silver. And I have some interest in Riley Smith’s character and Annie. Don’t care about loosing Ivy. Done with Navid and done with Dixon. Is Teddy coming back? Hope so.

21. Jane says:

I couldn’t be happier to see Overbite the Hick leave the show. He was the worst thing to happen to a show that has made a lot of horrible choices.

22. Newgirlx says:

He better leave before they hook him up with silver.

23. G.G says:

Austin, Billy Ray Cyrus…Ivy ALL gotta go.

24. upik says:

Don’t care who’s gonna go.. As long as Annie and liam are stick together

25. LannieForever says:

Another HUMONGOUS DISAPPOINTMENT from this show. We love Lannie, they break them up. We love Nax, they break them up, take Max away and give us Nustin. We start liking Austin and see all the possibilities he has with just about all the women on the show and they take him away. Austin was entertaining with naomi AT FIRST, but they got lame to me once they were together. I thought he had amazing chemistry with Annie and was hoping they would develop a relationship in season 5 since Liam has turned into a 9021-whore and is mooning over 90210’s biggest whore(SILVER). I like the good guy we were just getting able to see that Austin was and loved the friendship that was developing with Annie and Austin, it reminded me of when Annie & Liam first got close, but they ruin that potential after also pissing off massive amounts of Lannie Fans by putting Liam with Silver. Arhhhhhhhh, I liked Ivy and now she’s going too??? There is no real original gang to love here. We have to continue watching Navid with women we don’t wanna see him with and they keep taking away the other male hunks that go good with more than “1” female on the show(Ethan & Austin). Take Navid away if anyone and bring back Ethan and keep Austin.

26. emy says:

i’m glad he’s gone. i hate this dude..

27. eve says:

i miss the old liam.. the mysterious troubled but super intelligent rebel! the amount of contradictions his character has had!!! its so frustrating!

28. Ally says:

Whyyy!! I love Austin and Naomi!! They were sooo hot! And Austin didn’t even do anything! Max sucks and is soo boring! He’s not cute at all! Bring back AUSTIN!

29. Austin and Naomi were so good together. He says she changed him. I wish he’d fight for her. Please don’t let Austin go!!!