90210 Exclusive: Justin Deeley Poised to Exit

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Justin Deeley 9021090210 is losing its southern drawl in Season 5: TVLine has learned exclusively that Justin Deeley is poised to exit the CW soap after just one season.

RELATED | 90210 Exclusive: Riley Smith Is Annie’s New Love Interest!

According to sources, the actor — who first joined 90210 last year as Austin, a California cowboy with a thing for AnnaLynne McCord’s Naomi — will be written out in the season premiere (airing Monday, Oct. 8 at 8/7c). However, a rep for the show maintains that the “door is still open for him to reappear in future episodes.”

The move makes sense considering Deeley didn’t have much to do in the wake of Austin and Naomi’s split (save for his character offering to help Adrianna with her fledgling singing career in May’s finale.)

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Other casting shakeups in Season 5 include the departure of series regular Gillian Zinser, who played surfer chick Ivy, and a strong recurring “promotion” for Josh Zuckerman’s dweeby Max.

Are you sad to see Justin Deeley leave 90210? Hit the comments!

Comments (43)

• Don’t buy Naomi/Max. Liked her n Austin. Sad but not surprised.

Comment by Rachel – July 5, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good riddance.

Comment by Chalice93 – July 5, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show has the most unstable cast and crew in the history of television.

How many actors came on the show and then left? How many showrunners, producers and writers have they changed since it started airing? The only reason why this show is still on the air is because of the 90210 brand and good international sales because of that brand.
    The show itself is pitiful.

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – July 5, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with u the show has been up”s&down last year compare to other yrs I think if they continue with the way there gonna it”s maybe gonna be there last season the thing that they need to do is bring in more original characters from Beverly hills 90210 I would love to see like Andrea,David,Valerie,Brandon,Steve,Cindy & Jim Walsh.and especially dylan.that”ll bring in viewers so we can see at least one more season.now that 90210 is in it fifth season it”s time to kick it up an notch!!!!lets make this season the best compare to other seasons.

Comment by Billy martins – July 5, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed this show is so inconsistent and uneven and seems to change actors/showrunners on a monthly basis. Season 1 was a mixed-bag, season 2 was crap, season 3 was a vast improvement before the nosedive that was season 4. I can’t imagine how awful season 5 will be but I’m sure it will be full of ridiculous new characters.

Comment by Captain – July 6, 2012 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yupp:(
      first ethan and then austin :(
      i loved them:(

Comment by carine – August 28, 2012 03:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yeh he needed to go, other than Naomi I don’t see what reason there is to keep him. I love Ade with Dixon and that needs to work.

Comment by Steffy – July 5, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • did anyone ever notice that he also played the stripper at ivys hen party or just me ??

Comment by PeterW – July 5, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That sucks. I wanted him to get with Annie or Adrianna.

Comment by sara – July 5, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can they please stop trying to make Jessica Lowndes’ singing happen. She’s not that good!

Comment by Samantha – July 5, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s your opinion.Her fans(I think she’s great)& music industry professionals who know what they’re doing/talking about and find talent for a living say otherwise- she wouldn’t be singing on the show if showrunners&music pros didnt think she had talent.

Comment by Brandy – July 5, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she’s a good singer. but i don’t like the musical storyline in this show. it’s gettin’ really boring..

Comment by lil790 – July 5, 2012 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • and no one cared… seriously it was mistake bringing this guy in to try and replace Max

Comment by ggny – July 5, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nope. He was a great addition and rooting for him and Adrianna

Comment by Scott – July 5, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Never really cared for that. I hope Ade and Dixon patch it up, I grew to love them.

Comment by Steffy – July 6, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked him so I’m sad to see him go. But there were rumors of a CW exec wanting him gone so I’m not totally surprised. I thought he had great chemistry with Naomi. Sucks that now we’re going to have to sit through Naomi/Max – they’re a poor imitation of Seth and Summer.

Comment by Kate – July 5, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “But there were rumors of a CW exec wanting him gone so I’m not totally surprised.”

meh.. lame rumours.. :-/

Comment by zest – July 5, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Austin grew on me but I don’t really think he has much to do with the show anymore. Yay love max and Naomi together I thought max wouldn’t come back. Why is ivy leaving love her !! And is Dixon gonna die from getting hit by the semi :( Adrianna singing in the show is getting boring she needs a new story line and Liam needs to date me haha

Comment by Selena – July 5, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would rather Dixon leave. Nothing against the actor but I hate the character.

Comment by Olivia – July 5, 2012 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • im guessing Dixon doesnt make it through that crash

Comment by ggny – July 5, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dixon leaves and I’m done with this show. He’s the one character that shows emotions and heart.

Comment by Dyra – July 5, 2012 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • By being selfish,and arrogant… yeah. To each their own :)

Comment by Olivia – July 5, 2012 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • by being sweet and caring, and thoughtful, by giving people chances and not just judging them for their actions, by not caring what his friends think about w/ who he brings into his circle or feels like letting in. Sure he screws up but he never holds that over your head. I’m still shocked he doesn’t have a kid or isn’t married off on this show yet.

Comment by Dyra – July 6, 2012 12:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another mistake for this tired show.

Comment by mike – July 5, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bye-bye cowboy.. I’m NOT gonna miss you..

Comment by lil790 – July 5, 2012 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liked Naomi better with him than with Max. The whole move didn’t make sense, since she CHOSE Austin over Max, only to claim she was in love with Max by the end of the season. Ehhhh. I just want her back with Liam where she belongs. They just don’t work with anyone but each other.

Comment by Ella – July 5, 2012 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s clear the writers & producers don’t have a true idea of what keeps the fans coming back… Austin was a great addition – Justin Deeley is a wonderful “Natural” actor! There are other story lines they could pursue for his character… Time will tell if the shows ratings continue? They just lost me as a Nielson TV ratings viewer but must keep anonymous for understood reasons.

Comment by Jackson Todd – July 5, 2012 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i don’t like him with Naomi (#teamMaxomi), i don’t like him with Ade (#teamNavAde) and i will NOT like him with Annie (#teamLannie). and i hate his daddy and the whole cowboy thing. So i guess it’s the right time for him to leave.

Comment by emelyn – July 5, 2012 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeehaw needs to exit. And I love Ade with Dixon #teamAddixon

Comment by Dyra – July 5, 2012 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hated this guy and his redneck dad

Comment by Bill – July 5, 2012 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree, emelyn. Team Maxomi and NavAde! Might as well add Sixon in there too. :)

Comment by Nikki – July 6, 2012 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was alright. As long as they don’t loose Liam. And I am cheering for him and Silver. And I have some interest in Riley Smith’s character and Annie. Don’t care about loosing Ivy. Done with Navid and done with Dixon. Is Teddy coming back? Hope so.

Comment by GD – July 6, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t be happier to see Overbite the Hick leave the show. He was the worst thing to happen to a show that has made a lot of horrible choices.

Comment by Jane – July 6, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He better leave before they hook him up with silver.

Comment by Newgirlx – July 6, 2012 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Austin, Billy Ray Cyrus…Ivy ALL gotta go.

Comment by G.G – July 9, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t care who’s gonna go.. As long as Annie and liam are stick together

Comment by upik – July 14, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another HUMONGOUS DISAPPOINTMENT from this show. We love Lannie, they break them up. We love Nax, they break them up, take Max away and give us Nustin. We start liking Austin and see all the possibilities he has with just about all the women on the show and they take him away. Austin was entertaining with naomi AT FIRST, but they got lame to me once they were together. I thought he had amazing chemistry with Annie and was hoping they would develop a relationship in season 5 since Liam has turned into a 9021-whore and is mooning over 90210′s biggest whore(SILVER). I like the good guy we were just getting able to see that Austin was and loved the friendship that was developing with Annie and Austin, it reminded me of when Annie & Liam first got close, but they ruin that potential after also pissing off massive amounts of Lannie Fans by putting Liam with Silver. Arhhhhhhhh, I liked Ivy and now she’s going too??? There is no real original gang to love here. We have to continue watching Navid with women we don’t wanna see him with and they keep taking away the other male hunks that go good with more than “1″ female on the show(Ethan & Austin). Take Navid away if anyone and bring back Ethan and keep Austin.

Comment by LannieForever – July 25, 2012 01:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m glad he’s gone. i hate this dude..

Comment by emy – September 9, 2012 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i miss the old liam.. the mysterious troubled but super intelligent rebel! the amount of contradictions his character has had!!! its so frustrating!

Comment by eve – November 10, 2012 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whyyy!! I love Austin and Naomi!! They were sooo hot! And Austin didn’t even do anything! Max sucks and is soo boring! He’s not cute at all! Bring back AUSTIN!

Comment by Ally – January 7, 2013 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Austin and Naomi were so good together. He says she changed him. I wish he’d fight for her. Please don’t let Austin go!!!

Comment by Kesang Tshomo (@kesangt) – February 5, 2013 02:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post