Dapper Bad Boys Do Battle: White Collar Vs. The Mentalist! Mad Men Vs. Suits!

Suit up! We’ve reached Day 10 of our TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament, and the competition is getting very…stylish?

Yes, folks, today we’ve got White Collar‘s Neal Caffrey facing The Mentalist‘s Patrick Jane, and Mad Men‘s Don Draper up against Suits‘ Harvey Specter.

Every day for the next month, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field of 64 down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

And if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (76)

• Don Draper losing? People are even dumber than I thought.

Comment by Sam – July 4, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My exact reaction.

Comment by Paige – July 4, 2012 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then you’ve just never seen Suits.

Comment by Kassie – July 4, 2012 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • exactly. Harvey for the win! :D

Comment by amandalang3 (@amandalang3) – July 4, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh yes Harvey is a bad bad boy who needs a spanking LOL! I love Don but Harvey is just plain bad.

Comment by Sandee Faasse Russo – July 4, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was just about to say this. Nothing against Mad Men, but Harvey is pretty bad (in the best possibly way).

Comment by Ashley – July 4, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are correct Kassie – Go Harvey!

Comment by Amanda – July 4, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So happy to see Harvey in the lead! :D Never really got the fuss about Don at all.

Comment by Brendan – July 4, 2012 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I voted for Harvey, but I’m really surprised that he’s winning, just by general handsomeness. I mean, nothing against Gabriel Macht, but A) Jon Hamm is Jon Hamm, and B) does Gabriel Macht’s mouth weird anybody else out, just a little? His lips are really full in the middle, but really thin on the edges, like somebody thought his mouth was half an inch too narrow and knife-split his cheeks, turning dimples into very subtle versions of Dark-Knight-Joker scars.

Comment by Steven – July 4, 2012 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I though maybe it was a scar on one side of his mouth? The man is hot no matter.

Comment by Jennie – February 28, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I thought the exactly same thing! Seriuosly! I though I was the only person who thought that is lips are amazing and look like Joker’s scar! Awesome!

Comment by Kim – April 22, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • EXACTLY!!!!

Comment by DeeKayTee – July 5, 2012 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, I’ve seen Suits and I love the program, but noone, and I mean noone, tops Don Draper!

Comment by Karen H in NC – July 5, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe we are the only ones who knows what bad boy really mean

Comment by Gus – July 4, 2012 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Or twelve year old girls hang out on this site all day. :)

Comment by Emily – July 4, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • *This!

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – July 4, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Twelve year old girls are busy writing diary……LOL (if you watch suits, you know what I mean)

Comment by Tracy – July 4, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • 12 year old girls wouldn’t be voting for Don Draper or Harvey Specter. What an idiotic comment.

Comment by MIchael – July 4, 2012 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m not 12 but i’ll act like one if you wish…..

YOUR JUST JEALOUS! Mad Men, like it’s main character is completely overrated.

Comment by Keenan – July 5, 2012 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How is it–how is it even POSSIBLE? How?

Comment by KS – July 4, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Interestingly, I’ve never seen Mad Men (we don’t get that channel) and I watch Suits all the time since the show is shot in large part in Canada, but I see pix of Draper all over the place and yet… I still pick Harvey in a suit over Draper. Any day!

Comment by Stacey – July 4, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re probably the kind of people that find Mad Men boring.

Comment by Dick Whitman – July 4, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Mad Men is Rubicon without the intrigue. As exciting as library paste. BORING!

Comment by Suzie – July 5, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Overrated character and actor. Deal with it.

Comment by tripoli – July 4, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Golden globe,Emmys,Screen guilds says otherwise

Comment by Gus – July 4, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No, they don’t. The Emmys are notorious idiots when choosing nominees. They are even bigger idiots when choosing winners. Everyone knows the Emmys pander to certain actors and shows, for whatever reason, and exclude excellent candidates each and every year. Honestly, watching the “Mad Men and Modern Family” Show each year is monotonous and boring.

On the topic of the choices – Matt Bomer, obviously. Man can do no wrong. And definitely Harvey over Don. Mad Men is a boring show that I could never get into, and I just recently watched the entire first season of Suits. Harvey’s badness is what got me hooked within seconds. Harvey, definitely.

Comment by ashleytv – July 4, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • But winning an award does not make someone a Bad Boy… in fact, real bad boys would give the award shows the middle finger and walk off the stage if they won. So you just proved that Harvey should win over Donald.

Comment by Brendan – July 4, 2012 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s exactly OVERRATED means……LOL

Comment by ysi – July 9, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you kidding me??!?!?!? Don Draper should be wiping the floor with ALL these posers. How can he be losing??????????

Comment by justjack – July 4, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because Draper only appeals to accountants, insurance actuaries, and librarians. He certainly wouldn’t appeal to anyone who’s ever met a bad boy.

Comment by Suzie – July 5, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never understood the “Mentalist” love. There’s just nothing remotely likable about that character.

Comment by Annie – July 4, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m one of those crazy Psych fans, I refuse to watch it’s ripoff, but I’m glad it sounds like I’m not missing anything :)

Comment by moobear – July 4, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not really a ripoff. In theme and tone they’re so utterly different. Even the way Shawn and Patrick use their powers of observation to solve cases is completely different. Shawn pieces together clues he finds at crime scenes and in the environment to solve the case, while Patrick uses physical and behavioral cues to manipulate suspects until the killer is revealed.

That said, I watch both shows and definitely prefer Psych. But The Mentalist is hardly a ripoff.

Comment by DL – July 4, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Harvey” and “Neal” rule. Not a Jon Hamm fan by any means!

Comment by MGL – July 4, 2012 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jon Hamm is awesome – if it were him in this poll, he’d be my pick hands down. That said, Mad Men is specifically designed to make us really dislike Don Draper a lot of the time. Overall, it’s just a lot easier to like Harvey Specter, even with his serious bad boy tendencies.

Comment by wordsmith – July 4, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well said, wordsmith!

Comment by Ace – July 4, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, completely agreed Wordsmith, Don Draper is a complicated flawed character, but when I think of “bad boy,” there is a certain amount of fun that I associate with it, so no offense to Jon Hamm, I went with Harvey.

Comment by moobear – July 4, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree – and for me it’s fun with rebellion and energy/spirit/fight.

Comment by ladyhelix – July 5, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re right, Don Draper would be completely unlikable if it was anybody else playing him… he’s a damaged lying cheating bastard who if it was real life would have probably died from some sexually transmittable disease, the only thing likable about him is the charm that Jon Hamm lends the character.

Comment by gillian – July 4, 2012 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Only one reason that is TRUE: at this moment, there are more Harvey Specter fans voting than Don Draper fans, period.

Comment by yxx0730 – July 9, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I love Patrick & Don, Harvey & Neal are out of this world. It’s good I didn’t have to choose between them….for now

Comment by Sara – July 4, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jesus! I’m already dreading the time we’d have to choose. It’s like “Hiddleston vs. Cumberbatch” all over again. Dreadful, dreadful!

Comment by Margarita Garcia – July 6, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Neal Caffrey how I love you so…

Comment by Deena – July 4, 2012 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal and Harvey all the way!

Comment by Brittney – July 4, 2012 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Although I love me some Jane, too…

Comment by Annika – July 4, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! Vote for Neal Caffrey and Harvey Specter! WHO ELSE?! Two of the best shows on tv!

Comment by Caro – July 4, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t believe I had to choose between Neal and Patrick! YIKES! But given that it was about bad boys, with a dangerous side lurking around, I had to go with Neal. But honestly, that was difficult!
    Harvey, on the other hand, was a shoo-in!

Comment by Liana in San Diego – July 4, 2012 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow how can you not like patrick more than neal?? I mean when it comes to the bad boy stuff Patrick is one to choose, look at neal whenever he is all badboyie he has his friend on his shoulder making all the moves so yaeh Patrick FTW :)

Comment by K-dude – July 4, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait, Don who? HARVEY SPECTER is the man !

Comment by apple – July 4, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tell that to the Emmy’s :)

Comment by davey – July 4, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Glden globe,screen guild e.t.c

Comment by Gus – July 4, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why must I chose between Patrick and Neal? so cruel but based solely on the fact tha Patrick shot who he believed to be ‘Red John’ with no hesitation I have to chose him, but I do love Neal and White Collar, so I’m sad about having to make this decision so early on :(

Comment by carrie – July 4, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol two favorite tv series – White Collar and The Mentalist. I’d go for Neal, since White Collar’s coming out next week.xD

Comment by Swarley – July 4, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael Slezak, if you picked the men for the categories, you have an obvious bias to one actor. Come on, you gave him a free pass. Dr Troy in Nip/Tuck is played by the same actor who played Cole Turner in Charmed. He’s competing against himself…can you say cheating? Other than hard to choose between Neal and Patrick.

Comment by JayThor – July 4, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can Don Draper be losing???
    Isn’t he like “the ultimate bad boy”?

Comment by Rose – July 4, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on ♫ Music Oasis ♫.

Comment by idrag4mj – July 4, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s unfair to ask us to choose between Neal Caffrey and Patrick Jane! But I still have a favorite, so I’m going for Matt Bomer…

Comment by Marisa_once – July 4, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal Caffrey all the way! Matt Bomber is freaking HOT and I do not care that he is gay. Just saw Magic Mike because of Matt.

Comment by sarah – July 4, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Harvey! Gabriel Macht is a hottie!

Comment by sarah – July 4, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fan of both Mad Men and Suits but Harvey wins by a mile!!!

Comment by sparky – July 4, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry ill admit to cheating but there is no way i could choose between Neal and Patrick so i refreshed the page and voted for the other one straight away! :D

Comment by Kate McKenna (@Katemadeleine) – July 4, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pretzel logic. Your second vote nullified your first vote. Why vote at all?

Comment by Tara – July 5, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal and Don!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sexy, sexy men.

Comment by darcywilson – July 4, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don Draper tired and old looking, and no one hotter or sexier than Neal Caffrey!

Comment by Kelsey – July 4, 2012 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don Draper is losing? how can that be?

Comment by Lana – July 4, 2012 10:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where the hell is your Love in the Wild recap?

Comment by Alienate – July 4, 2012 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Patrick Jane. :)

Comment by Tom – July 5, 2012 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don Draper is a gross old man.

Comment by anna – July 5, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Mad Men, and John Hamm plays the socks off Don Draper.

But for me – he’s not a BAD BOY. He’s a SAD MAN, or maybe a sleepy conflicted or sick man – but FOR ME – when I think Bad Boy Don Draper NEVER comes to mind.

I don’t know about others – but that’s why he’s not getting my vote on this. And as in other pairings – where neither of them are strong or familiar enough for this “title” – I’m not voting for either of them. So that might explain some of the numbers. (And no – I’m not a 12 year old girl)

Comment by ladyhelix – July 5, 2012 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt Bomer and Gabriel Macht 4ever!!!!! where is Jeffrey Donovan (Michael Westen)?????

Comment by farsia2010 – July 6, 2012 01:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jon Hamm is very sexy & Don Draper looks awesome in a suit but NO ONE is as incredible and as cool as the “Suits” man himself, HARVEY SPECTER! Gabriel Macht is so damn hot (combination of looks & talent) that he should just melt away the rest of the brackets – his only real competition is the gun-slinging hottie U.S. Marshall in the cowboy hat, Raylan Givens (Timothy Olyphant).

Comment by Stacey – July 6, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why we cannot vote or see the result of Don vs Harvey?

Comment by yxx0730 – July 9, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post