Dapper Bad Boys Do Battle: White Collar Vs. The Mentalist! Mad Men Vs. Suits!

Suit up! We’ve reached Day 10 of our TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament, and the competition is getting very…stylish?

Yes, folks, today we’ve got White Collar‘s Neal Caffrey facing The Mentalist‘s Patrick Jane, and Mad Men‘s Don Draper up against Suits‘ Harvey Specter.

Every day for the next month, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field of 64 down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

And if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. Sam says:

Don Draper losing? People are even dumber than I thought.

2. Annie says:

Never understood the “Mentalist” love. There’s just nothing remotely likable about that character.

• moobear says:

I’m one of those crazy Psych fans, I refuse to watch it’s ripoff, but I’m glad it sounds like I’m not missing anything :)

• DL says:

It’s not really a ripoff. In theme and tone they’re so utterly different. Even the way Shawn and Patrick use their powers of observation to solve cases is completely different. Shawn pieces together clues he finds at crime scenes and in the environment to solve the case, while Patrick uses physical and behavioral cues to manipulate suspects until the killer is revealed.

That said, I watch both shows and definitely prefer Psych. But The Mentalist is hardly a ripoff.

3. MGL says:

“Harvey” and “Neal” rule. Not a Jon Hamm fan by any means!

4. wordsmith says:

Jon Hamm is awesome – if it were him in this poll, he’d be my pick hands down. That said, Mad Men is specifically designed to make us really dislike Don Draper a lot of the time. Overall, it’s just a lot easier to like Harvey Specter, even with his serious bad boy tendencies.

• Ace says:

Well said, wordsmith!

• moobear says:

Yeah, completely agreed Wordsmith, Don Draper is a complicated flawed character, but when I think of “bad boy,” there is a certain amount of fun that I associate with it, so no offense to Jon Hamm, I went with Harvey.

• gillian says:

You’re right, Don Draper would be completely unlikable if it was anybody else playing him… he’s a damaged lying cheating bastard who if it was real life would have probably died from some sexually transmittable disease, the only thing likable about him is the charm that Jon Hamm lends the character.

• yxx0730 says:

Only one reason that is TRUE: at this moment, there are more Harvey Specter fans voting than Don Draper fans, period.

5. Sara says:

As much as I love Patrick & Don, Harvey & Neal are out of this world. It’s good I didn’t have to choose between them….for now

6. Deena says:

Oh Neal Caffrey how I love you so…

7. Brittney says:

Neal and Harvey all the way!

8. Liana in San Diego says:

I couldn’t believe I had to choose between Neal and Patrick! YIKES! But given that it was about bad boys, with a dangerous side lurking around, I had to go with Neal. But honestly, that was difficult!
    Harvey, on the other hand, was a shoo-in!

9. K-dude says:

Wow how can you not like patrick more than neal?? I mean when it comes to the bad boy stuff Patrick is one to choose, look at neal whenever he is all badboyie he has his friend on his shoulder making all the moves so yaeh Patrick FTW :)

10. apple says:

Wait, Don who? HARVEY SPECTER is the man !

11. carrie says:

why must I chose between Patrick and Neal? so cruel but based solely on the fact tha Patrick shot who he believed to be ‘Red John’ with no hesitation I have to chose him, but I do love Neal and White Collar, so I’m sad about having to make this decision so early on :(

12. Swarley says:

Lol two favorite tv series – White Collar and The Mentalist. I’d go for Neal, since White Collar’s coming out next week.xD

13. JayThor says:

Michael Slezak, if you picked the men for the categories, you have an obvious bias to one actor. Come on, you gave him a free pass. Dr Troy in Nip/Tuck is played by the same actor who played Cole Turner in Charmed. He’s competing against himself…can you say cheating? Other than hard to choose between Neal and Patrick.

14. Rose says:

How can Don Draper be losing???
    Isn’t he like “the ultimate bad boy”?

15. Marisa_once says:

It’s unfair to ask us to choose between Neal Caffrey and Patrick Jane! But I still have a favorite, so I’m going for Matt Bomer…

16. sarah says:

Neal Caffrey all the way! Matt Bomber is freaking HOT and I do not care that he is gay. Just saw Magic Mike because of Matt.

17. sarah says:

Harvey! Gabriel Macht is a hottie!

18. sparky says:

Fan of both Mad Men and Suits but Harvey wins by a mile!!!

19. Sorry ill admit to cheating but there is no way i could choose between Neal and Patrick so i refreshed the page and voted for the other one straight away! :D

20. darcywilson says:

Neal and Don!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sexy, sexy men.

21. Kelsey says:

Don Draper tired and old looking, and no one hotter or sexier than Neal Caffrey!

22. Lana says:

Don Draper is losing? how can that be?

23. Alienate says:

Where the hell is your Love in the Wild recap?

24. Tom says:

Patrick Jane. :)

25. anna says:

Don Draper is a gross old man.

26. ladyhelix says:

I love Mad Men, and John Hamm plays the socks off Don Draper.

But for me – he’s not a BAD BOY. He’s a SAD MAN, or maybe a sleepy conflicted or sick man – but FOR ME – when I think Bad Boy Don Draper NEVER comes to mind.

I don’t know about others – but that’s why he’s not getting my vote on this. And as in other pairings – where neither of them are strong or familiar enough for this “title” – I’m not voting for either of them. So that might explain some of the numbers. (And no – I’m not a 12 year old girl)

27. farsia2010 says:

Matt Bomer and Gabriel Macht 4ever!!!!! where is Jeffrey Donovan (Michael Westen)?????

28. Stacey says:

Jon Hamm is very sexy & Don Draper looks awesome in a suit but NO ONE is as incredible and as cool as the “Suits” man himself, HARVEY SPECTER! Gabriel Macht is so damn hot (combination of looks & talent) that he should just melt away the rest of the brackets – his only real competition is the gun-slinging hottie U.S. Marshall in the cowboy hat, Raylan Givens (Timothy Olyphant).

29. yxx0730 says:

Why we cannot vote or see the result of Don vs Harvey?