Comic-Con

Exclusive First Look: Once Upon a Time's Most Enchanting Comic-Con Poster

ABC’s Once Upon a Time has some magically delicious treats on tap for its fans who make it to the San Diego Comic-Con next week — among them, an autograph-ready poster offering perhaps a hint at who Season 2’s VIPs will be. And we’ve got an exclusive sneak peek.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Season 2: Ginnifer Goodwin Is ‘Most Excited’ for the Charming Family Reunion

(CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE)

Team Once will hold court in Ballroom 20 on Saturday, July 14, from 11 to 11:45 am PST, with a panel discussion featuring series creators Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz and cast members Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Lana Parrilla, Josh Dallas and freshly promoted series regulars Meghan Ory (who plays Red/Ruby) and Emilie de Ravin (Belle). They then will break away for a 45-minute autograph session in Room 28C, starting at 12:15 pm.

RELATED | Comic-Con 2012: Your Complete Guide to All of the TV Show Panels

Remember, even if you can’t make it to the Con this year, TVLine will make you feel as if you are there via breaking news and videos from our posh interview suite. The fun starts Thursday, July 12 — stay tuned!

1. Wouter says:

I’m so happy Megan and Emilie got promoted to regulars. They were my favorites!

2. Nola says:

YAY! Belle and Red are on the poster! I love them. They’re my favorite female characters

3. Sarah says:

I have to join in on the Belle and Red love. So happy they’re regulars and going to Comic-Con!

4. BSMJ says:

EMILIE’S ON THE POSTER! Good for her. I love ehr to pieces. :)

5. Brenna says:

Nice surprise seeing Red and Belle on the poster!! Is it Fall yet?!

6. blaster freak says:

That’s it? It’s their pre-existing title card with poses of the cast from season 1 superimposed. This isn’t a poster, it’s an elementary level graphics design homework assignment.

7. ben says:

I’m not sure this shows who the VIPs are. It’s just the 5 they have alweays given most importance too in their marketing plus the two new season regulars. It’s kind of smart marketing but I don’t think it necessarily means Henry, Archie & August are going to be less important.

• Sarah says:

It’s to promote the ONCE panel at Comic Con. Everyone on the poster is attending except for Robert Carlyle. I think they just added him on so Charming wasn’t the only guy, lol.

• ben says:

Yeah, I get what its for, but Matt WM suggested it could be hinting at the season 2 VIPs. I think you have hit the nail on the head much more (also, because you couldn’t really have a Once poster without Mr Gold. Cmon, hes Mr Gold!)

• anna says:

I hope that Henry,August and Archie remain in the main cast , even if until now there are no news about them….they’re my fav carachters ;)

8. veronic says:

They could make a new poster O_o

9. YowzaPowza says:

This cast is so white.

• Tru Slayer says:

Lana Parrilla is half Hispanic…does that count?. But yeah you’re right.

• J.G.P. says:

Oh my, hispanic is NOT a race, there are latin-americans white, black, native, mixed etc. But it’s better to call them ”Americans” because ”America” is a continent, not a single nation. People need to travel.

• ben says:

Taking into account the mainstream fairy-tales and similar stories that we have in our culture – there are not a lot of ways to include non-white actors. Our fairy tales are based on white people. We have Gioncarlo Esposito (Genie/Mirror) and *spoiler alert with details withheld* they are casting at least one other non-white person to turn up in season 2. But people should try naming any kind of fairy tale stories they can think of to cast minorities. Anyone want to throw out here what examples they can think of?

• unicornwasp says:

Just because the majority of our popular fairytales are European, doesn’t mean there are not opportunities to cast actors of color. I mean, the writers are expanding on and altering the original versions of the stories, so it should be a no brainer that they could cast people of any race for any role. Besides, just because something comes from a white European tradition, doesn’t mean it has to stay that way.

• Templar says:

And yet if someone recast a black story with white actors, the people of color would go bat$hit crazy. How would you like to see The Color Purple starring Cameron Diaz, or Sounder starring Catherine Zeta Jones? Maybe Scheherazade starring Miley Cyrus? The characters in OUAT are white, deal with it. Affirmative action has no place in fantasy.

• Dani says:

Wow. Very constructive comment.

• unicornwasp says:

Wow indeed. Why does it make you so angry to think about a non-white actor playing a fairytale character? The Color Purple with a white cast would make no sense, because it is a very specific African American story. On the other hand, popular fairytales, while largely European, are universal in nature. Unless you would like to claim that having an evil stepmother/queen plot against you is a “White Experience”. And saying that “Affirmative action has no place in fantasy” is beyond laughable. The fantasy genre gives license to imagine things in new and different ways. Get over your racism.

• Sasha says:

Listen, I’m a Minority. I’m Indian or Brown or whatever you want to call it. My antecedents are from India.

I honestly dont care that almost all my favourite fairy tale characters are white. Did that make me relate to them any less? NO it did not.

I hate when people play the race card. Yeah my forefathers didn’t suffer as much as blacks did where I’m from (the West Indies), they weren’t considered slaves and they were only slightly treated much better.

All I’m saying is let the writers portray their characters how they want to. I’m a writer (an amateur one but never the less) and I rather produce a well rounded character than be concerned of what race they should be (and i do write multi-culturally)

Anyway, thats my rant for the day.

I can’t wait for the comic-con videos! :)

• Godmother says:

Cinderella’s fairy godmother was played by a non-white. And then she was blown up. Perhaps the show will reconstitute her. Magic allows more play in a plot-line.

10. kelly says:

I love Belle and Red. So glad they are regulars. Hope there is charming family reunion info and Belle/Rum-Gold scoop. Those are my two fav things on the show.

11. Krista says:

All this photo tells me is that this show needs more males! And minorities!

• Templar says:

No, it doesn’t. We already have a balance of male and female characters. The females are a bit more in the forefront because most fairy tales are female centric. But season 2 may bring back Baelfire, resurrect August/Pinocchio, revisit The Hatter, reunite Dreamy and Nova etc. I’m afraid Sheriff Graham is out of the picture, but Dr. Whale may have a story and Archie/Jiminy will need to be sorted, Gepetto and August reunite and Henry’s dad to be discovered.

• Marco says:

Um, no. Most of the POPULAR fairytales are female centric, but most of them in general? Definitely not. What this show needs to do is kill more female characters. Season 1 has had a staggering amount of deaths, only TWO of which were women, and one of them was almost an extra (Cinderella’s fairy). It gets annoying, predictable and offensive after a while. More equal opportunity death, please!

• Stormy says:

Look at life, Sweetie. More men than women die before their time due to war or misadventure [daredevil risks, drugs, extreme sports, gangs etc.]. Always have, always will. The bulk of OUAT viewers are women and youngsters. The show caters to those demographics. If you want to see more women dying, watch a different show. The deaths on this show have been about power, it’s natural that more men would die.

• Marco says:

Just because most of OUAT’s viewers are female and young people (I may be old at 27, but I don’t think you mean ‘little kids’ with ‘youngsters’) it shouldn’t ‘cater’ to them. Glee catered to certain demographics and now look at it. And having only one gender die is the most ridiculous thing in a show where most of the major players are female, not to mention it gets extremely predictable in a bad way. And the deaths haven’t ALL been about power. Eg, Red’s victims, especially Peter. Am I supposed to believe she only killed men? Do I have to let my intelligence be THAT much insulted? And I’m unsure if Graham and Stable Boy’s deaths fall under the ‘power’ umbrella, but mostly angling towards the no.

Also, what’s so interesting about Red? Her front balcony? Why is she a regular character and not Augustus? The show needs more male leads, that’s for sure.

• Tara says:

Let’s see: Red didn’t kill anyone the werewolf did. And since it’s unlikely that women would be roaming about at night, naturally it killed men. Yes, Daniel’s death was about power. Regina’s mother was not about to have her plans thwarted. Graham’s death was also about power, Regina’s life and death power over him should he stray. I assume you meant August, when you wrote Augustus. He will be restored by the Blue Fairy [Mother Superior] now that Storybrooke has magic and will reunite with Gepetto. As for a balance between male and female leads, we have Regina/Gold, Emma/Henry, Mary Margaret/David, Ruby/Sidney Glass, Granny/Archie, Kathryn/Marco, Regina’s mother/father plus Graham, Jefferson, August, the Kings, the dwarfs, the nuns/fairies etc. Seems pretty balanced to me.

12. °A° says:

I’m happy to see Emma at the center of the picture, she is my favorite.

13. More.eye.candy.please. says:

They need more main male cast members, it’s not right that there are only two guys that are series regulars on the show(Henry doesn’t count)

• Dani says:

Uhm? The show’s regulars in season 1 were: Lana Parrilla/Regina, Ginnifer Goodwin/Snow, Josh Dallas/Charming, Jennifer Morrison/Emma, Jared Gilmore/Henry, Eion Bailey/August, Robert Carlyle/Rumple and Raphael Sbarge/Archie. That’s 3 women and 4 men + little Henry. For season two it’ll be 5 women and 4 men + Jared. That’s hardly too little men in my book.

• Stormy says:

Don’t forget Giancarlo Esposito/Sidney Glass, Jamie Dornan/Sheriff Graham, not to mention recurring guys like Grumpy, Dr. Whale, the assorted Kings, Regina’s young love, Kathryn’s Frederick, Jefferson [mad hatter], the dwarfs, Gepetto etc. There are actually more men than women on the show.

• Blackbird says:

Yeah it’s an odd complaint. Finally we got a show with more than one strong female lead and now people are complaining they don’t get enough eye candy men? Seriously? Besides. Not to step on anyone’s toes, but obviously that guy who played the Sheriff was only around for “eye candy” reasons. And when he died they immediately added another man with similar looks to the cast.

• Sarah says:

Nope. There are 5 female regulars and 5 male(Rump/Charming/August/Archie/Henry). They’re even.

• Godmother says:

I agree. The show is heavier on eye candy for men than eye candy for women. Bring on more sexy guys.

14. Rebecca says:

I love all of them, especially Ginny & Jenny XD

15. Ann says:

I wish Olivia Wilde was Emma instead of Jennifer Morrison :P comparison due to both were on House

16. songbyrd86 says:

What I noticed about the picture was not the actors necissarily – but the characters in which the actors are portraying. Seems to me the poster would indicate that all of the Fairytale characters are back and are going to be the forefront of this season – which would put Emma (the only one in reality clothes) in the forefront and tied to all these fairytale characters. It would seem to me that they’re going to focus on having Emma find her fairytale as she seems to be the odd one out. Anyone else notice that they put pictures of the rest of the cast in their fairytale costumes and not their storybrook ones???

• songbyrd86 says:

wow – I re-read my post just now….my fingers really butchered some of those words in there. Please forgive the spelling in the above post lol.

17. Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely helpful information specially the final section :) I take care of such information a lot. I was looking for this particular information for a long time. Thanks and good luck.