Best TV Bad Boy? Game of Thrones, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Prison Break Faves Compete!

Day 8 of our TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament is all over the map: From inner-city Baltimore to King’s Landing, and from the inside of a maximum-security prison to the meth-dealin’ suburbs.

Yes, folks, today we’ve got Game of Thrones‘ Tyrion Lannister battling Prison Break‘s T-Bag, and Breaking Bad‘s Walter White coming up against The Wire‘s Stringer Bell.

RELATED | Heroes Vs. Smallville! Once Upon a Time Vs. BSG! Bad Boys Day 7 Goes Out of This World!

Every day for the next month, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field of 64 down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

And if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (41)

• I don’t know if I would really consider Tyrion as a “bad boy”

Comment by JK – July 2, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I voted for Tyrion but isn’t he like the the closest think to a nice guy on Game of Thrones?

Comment by Elena – July 2, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *oops! closest thing, not think

Comment by Elena – July 2, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree. Tyrion is not really a bad boy. Jaime is more of a bad boy, it should habe beem him in here.

Comment by MJ – July 2, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously!??? Walter White v. Stringer Bell??? :(

Comment by Amanda – July 2, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Most. Unfair. Pairing. EVER.

Comment by pecola – July 2, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS! so heartbroken i have to choose.

Comment by Chris Collins – July 2, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, agreed, agreed. It’s like putting Federer and Djokovic up against each other in the first round.

Comment by KS – July 2, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So unfair.both perfect characters

Comment by Gus – July 2, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t even know how to go about making sense of this pairing, let alone coming to a decision

Comment by Mía – July 2, 2012 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel you. Walter and String have SO much in common.
      Now a Walter vs Jesse pairing would’ve been very very interesting…

Comment by Alexis – July 3, 2012 05:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omar Little should have won this whole thing.

Comment by Nathan Leohner (@TheFinalMan) – July 2, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omar coming

Comment by Greg Andrews – July 2, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So looking ahead, Angel vs Spike? Really? Can’t we just crown the both Co Kings of the Bad Boys?

Comment by Kirstin E. Jewell – July 2, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jesse Pinkman is the most loveable bad guy ever.

Comment by Pat – July 2, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is T-Bag not winning? He rapes boys, is a white supremacy supporter, is a pedophile, and on top of that is a murderer. Once again, how is he not winning?

Comment by Diva – July 2, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Walter’s got bodies on him. And he is a drug kingpin. Still, Omar comin.

Comment by AJ – July 2, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YOU PUT TIM RIGGINS vs JORDAN CATALANO! Thats the meanest thing anyone has ever done…

Comment by Melissa – July 2, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Prepare for the second part of that match up. Logan Echolls vs. Tim Riggins or Logan Echolls vs. Jordan Catalano. That’s just wrong.

Comment by Catalina – July 2, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omar better show up since Joshua Jackson has made it twice in two days for roles that are far from “bad boy”. Omar got game yo

Comment by AJ – July 2, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • honestly, problem is more recent shows that are currently running have an advantage.

Comment by John – July 2, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Walter White is the definition of breaking bad so, no question there.
    Sidenote: To be honest I haven’t seen The Wire yet but even if it’s considered one of the best dramas in TV history (and I intend to watch it in the near future) it would be very difficult to top Mr. White in that category.

I don’t really consider Tyrion a bad boy so I’m going with T-Bag.

And another thing that has nothing to do with these polls, I can’t believe that Vic Mackey or Shane Vendrell or both weren’t nominated… it makes me sad (well, not quite but still).

Comment by damian – July 2, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Wire is overrated

Comment by Shaun – July 2, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Whomever thinks this is heartless and in great need of a soul.

Comment by YourMamasOverrated – July 2, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think anyone can say it’s overrated. But I think it’s not for all people! if you give the wire a chance then idk I hope you’ll see it’s amazing depth writing realistic depictions and all around awesome tv!

Comment by brian – July 8, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really just want a House vs. Tyrion showdown

Comment by Petra – July 2, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even though Tyrion is far from what I would consider a bad boy, I voted for him because T-Bag is just detestable.

Comment by TigerNightmare – July 2, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s the reason to vote for T-bag.

Comment by Sg.Grant – July 2, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s a contest for the best/favorite character who can be described as a bad boy, not the most despicable one.

Comment by timetravellingbunny – July 3, 2012 02:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah I voted for Tyrion because he is my favourite. Going by actual standards of villainy, T-Bag is probably the worst bad boy in the whole tournament to me (of shows I’ve watched).

Comment by Lauren – July 3, 2012 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stringer Bell was one of the best. Sahme people haven’t seen The Wire

Comment by William – July 2, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • t-bag is the definition of BAD. almost too much so. plus GoT has timeliness on its side. oh well.

Comment by cj – July 2, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tyrion is a hero! I want to do a write-in vote for JOFFREY BARATHEON.

Comment by Strepsi – July 2, 2012 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there anyone worse than T-bag.

Comment by Trista – July 3, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you don’t think the Game of Thrones dude is a bad boy, why the freak are you voting for him??? T-Bag had no redeeming qualities and was literally bad to his bone marrow! Just because a show is the new “it” thing doesn’t mean you have to vote for it. These things drive me nuts on here. If I don’t know at least one of the dudes, I don’t vote. I know Bryan Cranston’s character is one of the meanest dudes on tv so I voted for him. Crazy!

Comment by GS – July 3, 2012 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tyrion is a bad boy?

I must be watching that show completely wrong, then…

Comment by jack – July 3, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tyrion is a bad boy?! His brother, Jamie Lannister, would more suit that title.

Comment by Ella – July 5, 2012 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post