Fall TV Preview

Exclusive First Look: Grimm’s Season 2 Key Art, Plus Comic-Con Promo Poster!

Brace your peepers! TVLine not only has your first look at Grimm’s Season 2 key art below, we also have comic book whiz Whilce Portacio’s limited-edition Comic-Con promotional poster for the show!

If you’re attending Con, you can even get the latter keepsake autographed by the cast — and Portacio — at (erstwhile Chuck) Zachary Levi’s NERD HQ (on Saturday, July 14, at 11am).

RELATED | Complete Comic-Con TV Schedule!

Until then, you can go right on buzzing about the supernatural thriller. It’s certainly given us enough to discuss, what with NBC giving it an early premiere (on Monday, August 13, at 10pm/9c) to capitalize on Olympics hype and Lost alum Mark Pellegrino being cast as a coyotl.

And now, without further ado, behold!

Tags: ,

Comments (65)

• As awesome as it is, I am still very, very wary about having Nick’s mother around. Also, where’s Juliet? SHE is the female lead here.

Comment by Khorrie – July 2, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you Khorrie. Why does she just “show up” all of a sudden, letting him think she is dead all these years. Hmmmmm.

Comment by Rose – July 2, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. Where’s Juliette? (or Rosalee for that matter).

Comment by Hachi – July 2, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Rosalee becomes full-time cast in season 2.

Comment by Velvet – July 5, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. Where’s Juliette? (or Rosalee for that matter).

Comment by Hachi – July 2, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Exactly!! Juliette?? Where are you?

Comment by Spencer – July 2, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is in the hospital and a cat person. Don’t know the German term.

Comment by Elaine Brutosky – July 2, 2012 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know what’s happened to her character, but if this truly is art representative of Season 2 as a whole and not just the premiere, then it annoys me that Juliet is not represented since she is the female lead of the show, not Nick’s mother.

Comment by Khorrie – July 3, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ugh nobody cares about Juliette, kthxbi.

Comment by Nina – July 2, 2012 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Like her or not, she is the female lead of the show and deserves representation on promotional material. I’m hoping these promos are more about the premiere then the season as a whole.

Comment by Khorrie – July 3, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know I don’t

Comment by Michelle – July 4, 2012 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me either. It took her an entire season to want to find out more about her fiancee! Duh!

Comment by Elaine Brutosky – July 10, 2012 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Getting an actor the calibre of Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio was a huge coup. Heck, I remember her from her summer Shakespeare days in NYC…

But, these comments are correct…Juliette needs to be more featured in Season 2 as she’s the pivot in the middle of all stories. Remove her, and there’s no heart.

Comment by Sam G. – July 10, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mom’s Grimm is here for a long time isn’t it if she is on the Grimm Promo Spoilers for the s2 ! Thanks to share

Comment by Marlislash Gabs – July 2, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How is Nick a Grimm if his mom never died…? And Juilet needs more credit, totally!

Comment by Emma – July 2, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not like being a Slayer; you don’t only get “activated” if the previous one dies. There are many Grimms in the world. His mother and Aunt were only two of a larger community.

Comment by Khorrie – July 2, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • But they sort of implied something like that in the first couple episodes. Monroe even said something like ‘you’re kind of new at this, somebody in your family just die? and Nick says his aunt was in a coma’. Implying that as one Grimm is dying/dies another one starts coming into their powers. So I’ve been wondering about that very same thing myself.

Comment by Renee – July 3, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I took Monroe’s comment to simply mean it runs in families, which seems especially the case in Nick’s family given that his mother and aunt were both Grimms at the time of his mother’s “death”. I’ve been wondering why the hell Marie kept it from him and then laid all the responsibility on him at the last possible moment. I’ve also been wondering if Grimm society is matriarchal, since there’s been not one word about Nick’s dad being involved and his mother and aunt are apparently badasses in their world.

Comment by Khorrie – July 3, 2012 04:11 PM PDT
      • ah yeah, story line flaw here guys. patch it up with good ones this season. anyways, still thrilled for season 2! =)

Comment by chumbucket – July 9, 2012 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • people gave david guintoli a lot of grief last year, but I think he has become a strong leading man & I love the chemistry & friendship w/ Silas as Monroe. He’s come a long way from Road Rules!!

Comment by Maggie – July 2, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He improved greatly from the beginning of the season. I wouldn’t call him strong, but he’s no longer distracting and I’m expecting him to continue to improve.

Comment by Renee – July 2, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yeah strong may not have been the right word, he’s become a more believable leading man…

Comment by Maggie – July 2, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think he’s awesome. Just perfect for the guy thrust into a world he doesn’t quite understand, but still carries on. He has a very expressive face.

Comment by hachicritter – July 2, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like the first poster. it is awesome.

Comment by Rose – July 2, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • a little bit more than the harry potter effect though. Rosalee and Monroe are cool. =)

Comment by chumbucket – July 9, 2012 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE this show! Can’t wait to see how things go in season 2! Hope to be able to get over and watch them film some episodes also this season. So cool they film in my backyard.

Comment by Papa Berg – July 2, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe it’s just my imagination, but did David cut his hair?

Comment by Gerald – July 2, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so I can take this at it means he tells hank.

Comment by John – July 2, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was what I was hoping also. That this was an actual fight scene.

That also would allow for the other women to still be in the show (just not in this fight)

Comment by gp1628 – July 2, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy hell I missed the last five minutes so I must have missed the part of that woman being nicks mother.

Comment by Autumn – July 2, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the top poster way better. Not so cartoon like.

Comment by kina – July 2, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Posters are awesome, premiere date is my calendar, wouldn’t miss it.

Comment by Kathy Kelley – July 2, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for sharing the new pics! They are awesome! Love this show. Grimm is fun, creepy, amazing all in one. Can’t wait for season 2! Keep us posted on the latest.

Comment by Nancy – July 2, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a feeling what happened to Juliette at the season finale may prove to be fatal.

Comment by Elizabeth Gemmell (@eowynlotr) – July 2, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Storytime is over”

Indeed. could be a fun ride.

(But Mom had better not have displaced the other two female characters, esp. Juliette)

Comment by John – July 2, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mom can fight. She can beat Nick into the ground.

Juliette is a civilian who can shoot a gun but that’s a far cry from taking down Wesen, especially if she can’t handle they exist. Rosalie is a Wesen but she looks even less adept at fighting than Juliette. Sadly, that character design makes both of them liabilities in a fight.

It makes sense mom is on the action/hype shot on the poster and neither of the ‘girlfriends’ are.

Comment by M – July 2, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed mama Grimm can fight

Comment by Bella – July 3, 2012 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mom will be a fun dynamic and love Rosalee and want her to be featured in a few episodes.. I don’t care if Juliette dies in the hospital or not.

Comment by Grimoire – July 2, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the top one- the bottom one not so much. They should stick to the actual pictures… It’s not like David isn’t photogenic!

Comment by Mere – July 2, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2nd poster is way more interesting. More depth. Love it.

Comment by Helena – July 2, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the first one best, the second one makes David seem too stereotypically macho and square jawed. But it’s cool too.

Comment by hachicritter – July 2, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they don’t write Juliette out just because she now thinks Nick is either aliar or a nut case. The drama will keep it more interesting.

Comment by Sally – July 2, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show. The top poster is not as bad as the bottom one. This is not the chainsaw massacre movie nor is a cartoon action show. Neither poster would have encouraged me to watch the show.

Comment by wndywins11 – July 2, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will Hank be let in on the secret??? Love the posters.

Comment by Tonia M – July 2, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Juliette is currently in the hospital, under a spell that Adalind gave to her via her Siamese cat. Cat Scratch Fever, anyone? ^.^

As seen in the end of season one finale, Juliette has awakened from the semi-coma in the hospital, but it’s unknown what effects the spell will have on her. One thing for certain, Adalind isn’t a very happy Hexenbiest and is out for Nick’s blood on account of him taking away her powers.

This *might* be a reason why GrimmMom has shown up; she gotten whiff that her baby boy is in over his head, and needs all the help he can get.

I like the second poser. Monroe looks a bit… Wolverine-ish! ^.^

Comment by Lady Athenis – July 2, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oops! I meant to type ‘I like the second POSTER’. My bad! >.<

Comment by Lady Athenis – July 2, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monroe needs to be bigger! He was in it more than Nick’s partner. He’s Nick’s real partner! I love Monroe.

Comment by John – July 2, 2012 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree. Poor Monroe did most, if not all, the job to keep audience around but he got such a tiny little space on the poster.

Comment by hui – July 2, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • At least Nick and Monroe should be able to openly admit being friends! I agree – Monroe is the hinge the show swings on, though Hank is critical, too.

Comment by Becky – July 9, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love the characters of Nick, Monroe, and the girl whipping up the antidotes!

Comment by Sherry – July 10, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doesn’t Nick’s eyes on the first poster look weird? Like they’re looking at different directions?

Comment by Ines – July 2, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the first poster better than the second, but Monroe should be bigger, he is the real partner!! Also we need Julliete. I hope you guys don’t take her out. This show is awsome!!! I love it!!

Comment by Tina – July 2, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love both posters! Personally I can take or leave Juliette and Rosalee – the first took too long to be anything more than a typical love interest and never caught my attention, and the second had a very rushed, not well-paced introduction that seemed heavy-handed at times – but thrilled to see more of Nick’s mom, and hope Adalind returns as well! As well as Nick, Monroe, and Hank, of course, can’t wait to see how that unfolds.

Comment by Bri – July 2, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t care about Juliet. Rosalee is ok, but, I should be Eddie Monroe’s girlfriend ;) Love Silas Weir Mitchell!

Comment by Elaine Brutosky – July 2, 2012 11:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so disappointed you didn’t do the East Coast Cons!

Comment by Elaine Brutosky – July 2, 2012 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The lead actor is really terrible, but it is a fun show. I hope Bree Turner will be back, she and the wolf dude are my favourites.

Comment by William (@Necros_hun) – July 2, 2012 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The first poster is great! I suppose there can only be so many people in the poster and Nick’s mom brings some interest to a new/continuing story line but I hope she won’t be the female lead.. I really hope Juliette is not cut! It’ll be intgeresting to watch if she goes crazy or if she’ll believe in the end. I love how Rosalee keeps everyone alive and well but think her character could be develped more, i.e. meeting the guys on a quest or with the girls solving more problems. Exciting dynamics. Can’t wait for the new season!

Comment by Tamara – July 2, 2012 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ….wouldn’t it be neat if Juliette & Hank are now “creatures”? I so love this show…..the guys are a great duo….maybe, by the look of the posters, we’re going to be seeing a dynamic trio… can’t wait for this upcoming season….GREAT WORK TEAM! Second poster looks a little cryptic….

Comment by Robyn from PA – July 3, 2012 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i LOVE this show!! the posters are both pretty cool. aaaand i’m so happy they’re not making us wait til September!!

Comment by rachelle – July 3, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Juliette is not on the poster? really? is there hope for me then? if they killed off Juliette i couldn’t be happier. now if only there was a way to get rid of Hank!!

Comment by farsia2010 – July 6, 2012 01:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love these kind of shows. Grimm is great

Comment by Donna – July 6, 2012 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just finished season 1 in uk – brilliant. Could the rest of the respondents just relax and watch the story and not delve too deeply in a 2d poster! Enjoy

Comment by Ade h – July 9, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t knew…. There is no sergeant Wu or captain Renard on the poster – my favorite characters… :-( At least they put Monroe on it… So what it gonna be? Clueless Nick, frighteningly stupid
    (nearly idiot) Hank, banal and obvious all-known mather-Grimm and the only consolation is Monroe… Wu and Renard are exellent characters with lots of potential, but either next season they’re not going to thicken them… How pity!… Where is Juliette by the way?

Comment by ilona – July 11, 2012 02:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve read all the praise and criticism that has been offered and I have one comment to make – - thank you NBC for providing Season 2. I’ve been around a long time, long enough to remember our first TV set. This is the second TV series which has held me captive – - the first being Medium. Here’s hoping that Grimm will be around for 7 seasons as was Medium.

Comment by Sue V. Lederhouse – July 26, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post