Exclusive

Exclusive First Look: Grimm’s Season 2 Key Art, Plus Comic-Con Promo Poster!

Brace your peepers! TVLine not only has your first look at Grimm’s Season 2 key art below, we also have comic book whiz Whilce Portacio’s limited-edition Comic-Con promotional poster for the show!

If you’re attending Con, you can even get the latter keepsake autographed by the cast — and Portacio — at (erstwhile Chuck) Zachary Levi’s NERD HQ (on Saturday, July 14, at 11am).

RELATED | Complete Comic-Con TV Schedule!

Until then, you can go right on buzzing about the supernatural thriller. It’s certainly given us enough to discuss, what with NBC giving it an early premiere (on Monday, August 13, at 10pm/9c) to capitalize on Olympics hype and Lost alum Mark Pellegrino being cast as a coyotl.

And now, without further ado, behold!

1. Khorrie says:

As awesome as it is, I am still very, very wary about having Nick’s mother around. Also, where’s Juliet? SHE is the female lead here.

• Rose says:

I agree with you Khorrie. Why does she just “show up” all of a sudden, letting him think she is dead all these years. Hmmmmm.

• Elaine Brutosky says:

She is in the hospital and a cat person. Don’t know the German term.

• Khorrie says:

I know what’s happened to her character, but if this truly is art representative of Season 2 as a whole and not just the premiere, then it annoys me that Juliet is not represented since she is the female lead of the show, not Nick’s mother.

• Nina says:

ugh nobody cares about Juliette, kthxbi.

• Sam G. says:

Getting an actor the calibre of Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio was a huge coup. Heck, I remember her from her summer Shakespeare days in NYC…

But, these comments are correct…Juliette needs to be more featured in Season 2 as she’s the pivot in the middle of all stories. Remove her, and there’s no heart.

2. Mom’s Grimm is here for a long time isn’t it if she is on the Grimm Promo Spoilers for the s2 ! Thanks to share

• Emma says:

How is Nick a Grimm if his mom never died…? And Juilet needs more credit, totally!

• Khorrie says:

It’s not like being a Slayer; you don’t only get “activated” if the previous one dies. There are many Grimms in the world. His mother and Aunt were only two of a larger community.

• Renee says:

But they sort of implied something like that in the first couple episodes. Monroe even said something like ‘you’re kind of new at this, somebody in your family just die? and Nick says his aunt was in a coma’. Implying that as one Grimm is dying/dies another one starts coming into their powers. So I’ve been wondering about that very same thing myself.

• Khorrie says:

I took Monroe’s comment to simply mean it runs in families, which seems especially the case in Nick’s family given that his mother and aunt were both Grimms at the time of his mother’s “death”. I’ve been wondering why the hell Marie kept it from him and then laid all the responsibility on him at the last possible moment. I’ve also been wondering if Grimm society is matriarchal, since there’s been not one word about Nick’s dad being involved and his mother and aunt are apparently badasses in their world.

• chumbucket says:

ah yeah, story line flaw here guys. patch it up with good ones this season. anyways, still thrilled for season 2! =)

3. Maggie says:

people gave david guintoli a lot of grief last year, but I think he has become a strong leading man & I love the chemistry & friendship w/ Silas as Monroe. He’s come a long way from Road Rules!!

• Renee says:

He improved greatly from the beginning of the season. I wouldn’t call him strong, but he’s no longer distracting and I’m expecting him to continue to improve.

• Maggie says:

yeah strong may not have been the right word, he’s become a more believable leading man…

• hachicritter says:

I think he’s awesome. Just perfect for the guy thrust into a world he doesn’t quite understand, but still carries on. He has a very expressive face.

4. Rose says:

I really like the first poster. it is awesome.

5. Papa Berg says:

LOVE this show! Can’t wait to see how things go in season 2! Hope to be able to get over and watch them film some episodes also this season. So cool they film in my backyard.

6. Gerald says:

Maybe it’s just my imagination, but did David cut his hair?

7. John says:

so I can take this at it means he tells hank.

• gp1628 says:

That was what I was hoping also. That this was an actual fight scene.

That also would allow for the other women to still be in the show (just not in this fight)

8. Autumn says:

Holy hell I missed the last five minutes so I must have missed the part of that woman being nicks mother.

9. kina says:

I like the top poster way better. Not so cartoon like.

10. Kathy Kelley says:

Posters are awesome, premiere date is my calendar, wouldn’t miss it.

11. Nancy says:

Thanks for sharing the new pics! They are awesome! Love this show. Grimm is fun, creepy, amazing all in one. Can’t wait for season 2! Keep us posted on the latest.

12. I have a feeling what happened to Juliette at the season finale may prove to be fatal.

13. John says:

“Storytime is over”

Indeed. could be a fun ride.

(But Mom had better not have displaced the other two female characters, esp. Juliette)

• M says:

Mom can fight. She can beat Nick into the ground.

Juliette is a civilian who can shoot a gun but that’s a far cry from taking down Wesen, especially if she can’t handle they exist. Rosalie is a Wesen but she looks even less adept at fighting than Juliette. Sadly, that character design makes both of them liabilities in a fight.

It makes sense mom is on the action/hype shot on the poster and neither of the ‘girlfriends’ are.

14. Grimoire says:

Mom will be a fun dynamic and love Rosalee and want her to be featured in a few episodes.. I don’t care if Juliette dies in the hospital or not.

15. Mere says:

Love the top one- the bottom one not so much. They should stick to the actual pictures… It’s not like David isn’t photogenic!

16. Helena says:

2nd poster is way more interesting. More depth. Love it.

17. hachicritter says:

I like the first one best, the second one makes David seem too stereotypically macho and square jawed. But it’s cool too.

18. Sally says:

I hope they don’t write Juliette out just because she now thinks Nick is either aliar or a nut case. The drama will keep it more interesting.

19. wndywins11 says:

Love the show. The top poster is not as bad as the bottom one. This is not the chainsaw massacre movie nor is a cartoon action show. Neither poster would have encouraged me to watch the show.

20. Tonia M says:

Will Hank be let in on the secret??? Love the posters.

21. Lady Athenis says:

Juliette is currently in the hospital, under a spell that Adalind gave to her via her Siamese cat. Cat Scratch Fever, anyone? ^.^

As seen in the end of season one finale, Juliette has awakened from the semi-coma in the hospital, but it’s unknown what effects the spell will have on her. One thing for certain, Adalind isn’t a very happy Hexenbiest and is out for Nick’s blood on account of him taking away her powers.

This *might* be a reason why GrimmMom has shown up; she gotten whiff that her baby boy is in over his head, and needs all the help he can get.

I like the second poser. Monroe looks a bit… Wolverine-ish! ^.^

22. Lady Athenis says:

Oops! I meant to type ‘I like the second POSTER’. My bad! >.<

23. John says:

Monroe needs to be bigger! He was in it more than Nick’s partner. He’s Nick’s real partner! I love Monroe.

• hui says:

Agree. Poor Monroe did most, if not all, the job to keep audience around but he got such a tiny little space on the poster.

• Becky says:

At least Nick and Monroe should be able to openly admit being friends! I agree – Monroe is the hinge the show swings on, though Hank is critical, too.

24. Ines says:

Doesn’t Nick’s eyes on the first poster look weird? Like they’re looking at different directions?

25. Tina says:

I like the first poster better than the second, but Monroe should be bigger, he is the real partner!! Also we need Julliete. I hope you guys don’t take her out. This show is awsome!!! I love it!!

26. Bri says:

Love both posters! Personally I can take or leave Juliette and Rosalee – the first took too long to be anything more than a typical love interest and never caught my attention, and the second had a very rushed, not well-paced introduction that seemed heavy-handed at times – but thrilled to see more of Nick’s mom, and hope Adalind returns as well! As well as Nick, Monroe, and Hank, of course, can’t wait to see how that unfolds.

• Elaine Brutosky says:

I don’t care about Juliet. Rosalee is ok, but, I should be Eddie Monroe’s girlfriend ;) Love Silas Weir Mitchell!

27. Elaine Brutosky says:

I’m so disappointed you didn’t do the East Coast Cons!

28. The lead actor is really terrible, but it is a fun show. I hope Bree Turner will be back, she and the wolf dude are my favourites.

29. Tamara says:

The first poster is great! I suppose there can only be so many people in the poster and Nick’s mom brings some interest to a new/continuing story line but I hope she won’t be the female lead.. I really hope Juliette is not cut! It’ll be intgeresting to watch if she goes crazy or if she’ll believe in the end. I love how Rosalee keeps everyone alive and well but think her character could be develped more, i.e. meeting the guys on a quest or with the girls solving more problems. Exciting dynamics. Can’t wait for the new season!

30. Robyn from PA says:

….wouldn’t it be neat if Juliette & Hank are now “creatures”? I so love this show…..the guys are a great duo….maybe, by the look of the posters, we’re going to be seeing a dynamic trio… can’t wait for this upcoming season….GREAT WORK TEAM! Second poster looks a little cryptic….

31. rachelle says:

i LOVE this show!! the posters are both pretty cool. aaaand i’m so happy they’re not making us wait til September!!

32. farsia2010 says:

Juliette is not on the poster? really? is there hope for me then? if they killed off Juliette i couldn’t be happier. now if only there was a way to get rid of Hank!!

33. Donna says:

Love these kind of shows. Grimm is great

34. Ade h says:

Just finished season 1 in uk – brilliant. Could the rest of the respondents just relax and watch the story and not delve too deeply in a 2d poster! Enjoy

35. ilona says:

I don’t knew…. There is no sergeant Wu or captain Renard on the poster – my favorite characters… :-( At least they put Monroe on it… So what it gonna be? Clueless Nick, frighteningly stupid
    (nearly idiot) Hank, banal and obvious all-known mather-Grimm and the only consolation is Monroe… Wu and Renard are exellent characters with lots of potential, but either next season they’re not going to thicken them… How pity!… Where is Juliette by the way?

36. I’ve read all the praise and criticism that has been offered and I have one comment to make – – thank you NBC for providing Season 2. I’ve been around a long time, long enough to remember our first TV set. This is the second TV series which has held me captive – – the first being Medium. Here’s hoping that Grimm will be around for 7 seasons as was Medium.