TBS Renews Men at Work — It's Got Good Ratings, But Have You Been Watching?

Get More: News, Renewals

Men At Work TBSWork, it appears, pays off.

TBS recently announced that Men at Work will be back for a second season. The Thursday-evening comedy stars Danny Masterson (That ’70s Show) as a recently dumped dude whose friends — played by Adam Busch (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), James Lesure (Las Vegas) and Michael Cassidy (The O.C.) — want to help him find a new relationship.

RELATED | Exclusive First Look: Men at Work Reunites That ’70s Show‘s Danny Masterson and Laura Prepon

Created and co-executive produced by Franklin & Bash’s Breckin Meyer, Men thus far has averaged more than 2.7 million weekly viewers (when factoring in Live + 7 DVR playback), with 1.8 million falling into the 18-49 demo (where it ranks in the Top 5 for series premiering this quarter).

Season 2 will consist of 10 episodes that will air in 2013. Men’s current season ends July 12; in its 10 pm/9c slot the following week, the network will premiere Sullivan & Son, starring comedian Steve Byrne and co-executive-produced by Vince Vaughn (Wedding Crashers), Peter Billingsley (Iron Man) and showrunner Rob Long.

Have you been watching Men at Work? What do you think about its renewal? Hit the comments and sound off!

Tags: ,

Comments (39)

• I didn’t expect much from it so I didn’t watch it when it first premiered. I saw that the pilot was OnDemand a few weeks ago and decided to watch it when I had some down time, and then ended up watching all the other episodes to date immediately after. It’s not groundbreaking or award winning material by any means, but it is fun and enjoyable. Not appointment viewing, but worth at least checking out.

Comment by CJ – July 1, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one of my favorite new shows. I didn’t expect much either, but I actually laugh out loud regularly. Very good – more people should be watching for sure.

Comment by Anne – July 1, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I only started watching for Michael Cassidy, but I got hooked. It fun to watch especially after a long day at work

Comment by Dave q – July 1, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s nice to see Michael Cassidy is on something that isn’t immediately canceled but not something I’m dying to see. Can we bring back Privileged already?

Comment by Captain – July 1, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like this show. Hilarious writing with a very good cast. Very glad to hear it’s getting a 2nd season as I don’t really watch any NEW shows on TBS but this one is strong & for me competes w/ some of the newer funny shows like Happy Endings & New Girl.

Comment by 1andOnlyJer – July 1, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Men at Work and Veep are the two best new comedies of the season!!!!!! Broadcast networks really missed out on this one (cause it would’ve went perfect with How I Met Your Mother on CBS). I’ll agree it’s not the most original, but it makes up for in timing, execution and feeling like your part of the gang each and every hilarious week! I hope we don’t have to wait til summer for only 10 episodes. January would be better and the can pair up with Cougar Town

Comment by Ram510 – July 1, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s nice to a multi camera sitcom that has fun characters in funny situations

Comment by Jake – July 1, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s fun. I’m glad it’s renewed.

Comment by tp – July 1, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lost interest about seven minutes into the second episode. TBS had a better show with Bill Engvall.

Comment by Derek Johnson – July 1, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t believe they canceled My Boys for this crap.

Comment by GeoDiva – July 1, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It has definitely grown on me.. but alot of the writing is still very cringable. Not a bad half an hour though.

Comment by Danielle H – July 1, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, I have been watching it .. it’s a fun show. I’m glad it was renewed.

Comment by candymaize – July 1, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was watching at first because of Meredith Hagner being cast as Amy, and will admit, the pilot had some cringe moments, but its really grown on me and been fun to watch. Not earth shattering, saving the world humor but its fun to watch.

Comment by Colleen – July 1, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a funny show. The only TBS non-rerun show that I watch.

Comment by James R. – July 1, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love the show, so glad its gotten a second season pick up

Comment by Jen – July 1, 2012 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch it every week, usually on my dvr. I usually get several laughs from it.

Comment by Terry – July 1, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I only started watching for Michael Cassidy but got addicted. It’s a fun show.

Comment by Ryan – July 1, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its not too bad, although there are many cringe worthy moments. Especially with Michael’s and Jame’s character.

Comment by Rachel – July 1, 2012 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont like it. I find it to be overly sexual. I prefer cleaner less sexual shows and not because im old and wish it was like back in the day. Im acctually only 17 so age isnt y I find it too sexual. We need programs that dont premote sex so much…its the reason we have so many pregnant teens.

Comment by lola – July 1, 2012 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On another note I dont mind if it has sexual stuff in it like big bang or 70s show but its too blatent and just terrible…when the first episode you see is abput a three way you know its gone a bit over the top…

Comment by lola – July 1, 2012 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the cast, so I really wanted to like this show, but it just didn’t work for me. It’s definitely going after a certain demographic, one which does not include myself. (I’m too old and too female.) But I love all four of those guys, so I’m glad they’ve found success.

Comment by Sienna – July 2, 2012 12:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love watching the show. Great cast!

Comment by Stephanie segura – July 2, 2012 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a sucker for shows with four people jabbing at each other. This is hardly ground breaking, but it is funny and charming. Why, I’m not sure. I should hate this show.

Comment by Amanda From Michigan – July 2, 2012 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like all the actors but I only watched the first 2 epis and didn’t feel compelled to watch any more. Maybe it got better, maybe it didn’t. I don’t know.

Comment by Velvet – July 2, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show has been underrated, it’s so much fun! Clever innuendos and great chemistry, glad it’s coming back!

Comment by Catherine – July 2, 2012 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is good for some laughs and I have been enjoying it. Glad it will have a second season.

Comment by G – July 2, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is such a bad series! Inane dialog, stupid acting men, women who think this is cute! I really hate this ridiculous show. I can’t believe it got renewed.

Comment by Universal Constance – July 2, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is mindless entertainment. I watch it when I’m bored.

Comment by Grace – July 2, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just another show so radical progressives can promote interracial sex. Boycott.

Comment by Kara – July 3, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am insulted that u have the same name as me and that u would say something like that you bigot.
      This is 2012, interracial relations? Promotion? Really? I doubt that is the scheme of this awesome show, I guess you don’t get the concept of simple entertainment and a peek into the made up life of some early 30 something metro sexual bachelors, ridiculous.

Comment by Kara – August 14, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you want it to be a success don’t you have to have more than 10 episodes within a calandar year? TBS you want to be the next fox you’re going to have to get at least 20 episodes a year in

Comment by Mike Jones – July 5, 2012 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is not great, not appointment viewing, but I love watching it with F&B because I like shows about bros broin’ out together and having a good time. Catch me, bro?

Comment by JB Smooove – July 10, 2012 12:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a fun show. The actors are great. Michael Cassidy (Tyler) is adorable.

Comment by chris – July 12, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one of the most hilarious show and I haven’t missed any episode of this show. Whenever I missed the episode of this show, then I used to see it on youtube. :) Each and every character have played great role. I am happy that its back again.

Comment by Rajiv Kashyap Biography – July 16, 2012 05:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ever read reviews of a business online and realize that most of the posts are overly positive and obviously written by the owners? That’s what I see in all these other posts about how hilarious the show is, the great timing, etc.

I’ve watched most of the episodes, mainly because it was so hyped up before it aired … and just waiting for it to get better. This show is far from hilarious.

First, there is no depth to the characters whatsoever. Nothing unique about any of them. Gibbs and Tyler are basically the same guy. A couple of poon hounds and that’s it. No specific quirks. Nothing to pull you in as the episodes progress.

Milo is a monotone guy that just goes along with whatever the other guys are doing. That’s about the extent of it.

Neal is the only one that is remotely unique. He is slightly nerdy, has an overly hot girlfriend and her father hates him.

The jokes are only moderately funny. No real edge to them. However, the writers try to make up for it with a once an episode four letter word for nothing but light shock value.

I hope they can improve on these things, because it think it has potential. If this show is actually coming back, they’d really better work on it, or else it will go from “eh” to a complete bomb.

Comment by Dave Jensen – July 18, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is really funny..I actually laughing out loud watching it..good writing and I especially love the funny situations the guys were in..too bad it’s only ten episodes..

Comment by Firtica – July 27, 2012 11:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Started watching because I liked the main guys…kept watching because Hubby & I laugh out loud EVERY episode!

Comment by Shelly Kennedy Coomes – August 22, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been laughing out loud to this show since the first episode! I love the cast (ya’ll can have Michael Cassidy, I’ll take James Lesure! Lol) and think it delivers some funny moments between friends. I did miss the last episode and freaked out thinking that it could be cancelled because I couldn’t find it ondemand! Wish they’d air more than 10 episodes but Im absolutely thrilled that it’s coming back for another season!!

Comment by Lourdes – August 22, 2012 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked watching the show. Glad it’s coming back.

Comment by Paula – September 4, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post