TBS Renews Men at Work -- It's Got Good Ratings, But Have You Been Watching?

Men At Work TBSWork, it appears, pays off.

TBS recently announced that Men at Work will be back for a second season. The Thursday-evening comedy stars Danny Masterson (That ’70s Show) as a recently dumped dude whose friends — played by Adam Busch (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), James Lesure (Las Vegas) and Michael Cassidy (The O.C.) — want to help him find a new relationship.

RELATED | Exclusive First Look: Men at Work Reunites That ’70s Show‘s Danny Masterson and Laura Prepon

Created and co-executive produced by Franklin & Bash’s Breckin Meyer, Men thus far has averaged more than 2.7 million weekly viewers (when factoring in Live + 7 DVR playback), with 1.8 million falling into the 18-49 demo (where it ranks in the Top 5 for series premiering this quarter).

Season 2 will consist of 10 episodes that will air in 2013. Men’s current season ends July 12; in its 10 pm/9c slot the following week, the network will premiere Sullivan & Son, starring comedian Steve Byrne and co-executive-produced by Vince Vaughn (Wedding Crashers), Peter Billingsley (Iron Man) and showrunner Rob Long.

Have you been watching Men at Work? What do you think about its renewal? Hit the comments and sound off!

1. CJ says:

I didn’t expect much from it so I didn’t watch it when it first premiered. I saw that the pilot was OnDemand a few weeks ago and decided to watch it when I had some down time, and then ended up watching all the other episodes to date immediately after. It’s not groundbreaking or award winning material by any means, but it is fun and enjoyable. Not appointment viewing, but worth at least checking out.

2. Anne says:

This is one of my favorite new shows. I didn’t expect much either, but I actually laugh out loud regularly. Very good – more people should be watching for sure.

3. Dave q says:

I only started watching for Michael Cassidy, but I got hooked. It fun to watch especially after a long day at work

4. Captain says:

It’s nice to see Michael Cassidy is on something that isn’t immediately canceled but not something I’m dying to see. Can we bring back Privileged already?

5. 1andOnlyJer says:

I really like this show. Hilarious writing with a very good cast. Very glad to hear it’s getting a 2nd season as I don’t really watch any NEW shows on TBS but this one is strong & for me competes w/ some of the newer funny shows like Happy Endings & New Girl.

6. Ram510 says:

Men at Work and Veep are the two best new comedies of the season!!!!!! Broadcast networks really missed out on this one (cause it would’ve went perfect with How I Met Your Mother on CBS). I’ll agree it’s not the most original, but it makes up for in timing, execution and feeling like your part of the gang each and every hilarious week! I hope we don’t have to wait til summer for only 10 episodes. January would be better and the can pair up with Cougar Town

7. Jake says:

It’s nice to a multi camera sitcom that has fun characters in funny situations

8. tp says:

It’s fun. I’m glad it’s renewed.

9. Derek Johnson says:

Lost interest about seven minutes into the second episode. TBS had a better show with Bill Engvall.

10. GeoDiva says:

Can’t believe they canceled My Boys for this crap.

11. Danielle H says:

It has definitely grown on me.. but alot of the writing is still very cringable. Not a bad half an hour though.

12. candymaize says:

Yes, I have been watching it .. it’s a fun show. I’m glad it was renewed.

13. Colleen says:

I was watching at first because of Meredith Hagner being cast as Amy, and will admit, the pilot had some cringe moments, but its really grown on me and been fun to watch. Not earth shattering, saving the world humor but its fun to watch.

14. James R. says:

It’s a funny show. The only TBS non-rerun show that I watch.

15. Jen says:

love the show, so glad its gotten a second season pick up

16. Terry says:

I watch it every week, usually on my dvr. I usually get several laughs from it.

17. Ryan says:

I only started watching for Michael Cassidy but got addicted. It’s a fun show.

18. Rachel says:

Its not too bad, although there are many cringe worthy moments. Especially with Michael’s and Jame’s character.

19. lola says:

I dont like it. I find it to be overly sexual. I prefer cleaner less sexual shows and not because im old and wish it was like back in the day. Im acctually only 17 so age isnt y I find it too sexual. We need programs that dont premote sex so much…its the reason we have so many pregnant teens.

20. lola says:

On another note I dont mind if it has sexual stuff in it like big bang or 70s show but its too blatent and just terrible…when the first episode you see is abput a three way you know its gone a bit over the top…

21. Sienna says:

I love the cast, so I really wanted to like this show, but it just didn’t work for me. It’s definitely going after a certain demographic, one which does not include myself. (I’m too old and too female.) But I love all four of those guys, so I’m glad they’ve found success.

22. Stephanie segura says:

Love watching the show. Great cast!

23. I’m a sucker for shows with four people jabbing at each other. This is hardly ground breaking, but it is funny and charming. Why, I’m not sure. I should hate this show.

24. Velvet says:

I like all the actors but I only watched the first 2 epis and didn’t feel compelled to watch any more. Maybe it got better, maybe it didn’t. I don’t know.

25. Catherine says:

This show has been underrated, it’s so much fun! Clever innuendos and great chemistry, glad it’s coming back!

26. G says:

This show is good for some laughs and I have been enjoying it. Glad it will have a second season.

27. Universal Constance says:

This is such a bad series! Inane dialog, stupid acting men, women who think this is cute! I really hate this ridiculous show. I can’t believe it got renewed.

28. Grace says:

This show is mindless entertainment. I watch it when I’m bored.

29. Kara says:

Just another show so radical progressives can promote interracial sex. Boycott.

• Kara says:

I am insulted that u have the same name as me and that u would say something like that you bigot.
      This is 2012, interracial relations? Promotion? Really? I doubt that is the scheme of this awesome show, I guess you don’t get the concept of simple entertainment and a peek into the made up life of some early 30 something metro sexual bachelors, ridiculous.

30. Mike Jones says:

If you want it to be a success don’t you have to have more than 10 episodes within a calandar year? TBS you want to be the next fox you’re going to have to get at least 20 episodes a year in

31. JB Smooove says:

This show is not great, not appointment viewing, but I love watching it with F&B because I like shows about bros broin’ out together and having a good time. Catch me, bro?

32. chris says:

This is a fun show. The actors are great. Michael Cassidy (Tyler) is adorable.

33. This is one of the most hilarious show and I haven’t missed any episode of this show. Whenever I missed the episode of this show, then I used to see it on youtube. :) Each and every character have played great role. I am happy that its back again.

34. Dave Jensen says:

Ever read reviews of a business online and realize that most of the posts are overly positive and obviously written by the owners? That’s what I see in all these other posts about how hilarious the show is, the great timing, etc.

I’ve watched most of the episodes, mainly because it was so hyped up before it aired … and just waiting for it to get better. This show is far from hilarious.

First, there is no depth to the characters whatsoever. Nothing unique about any of them. Gibbs and Tyler are basically the same guy. A couple of poon hounds and that’s it. No specific quirks. Nothing to pull you in as the episodes progress.

Milo is a monotone guy that just goes along with whatever the other guys are doing. That’s about the extent of it.

Neal is the only one that is remotely unique. He is slightly nerdy, has an overly hot girlfriend and her father hates him.

The jokes are only moderately funny. No real edge to them. However, the writers try to make up for it with a once an episode four letter word for nothing but light shock value.

I hope they can improve on these things, because it think it has potential. If this show is actually coming back, they’d really better work on it, or else it will go from “eh” to a complete bomb.

35. Firtica says:

This show is really funny..I actually laughing out loud watching it..good writing and I especially love the funny situations the guys were in..too bad it’s only ten episodes..

36. Started watching because I liked the main guys…kept watching because Hubby & I laugh out loud EVERY episode!

37. Lourdes says:

I’ve been laughing out loud to this show since the first episode! I love the cast (ya’ll can have Michael Cassidy, I’ll take James Lesure! Lol) and think it delivers some funny moments between friends. I did miss the last episode and freaked out thinking that it could be cancelled because I couldn’t find it ondemand! Wish they’d air more than 10 episodes but Im absolutely thrilled that it’s coming back for another season!!

38. Paula says:

I really liked watching the show. Glad it’s coming back.