TV's Ultimate Bad Boy Day 6: Walking Dead Vs. Sherlock, Fringe Vs. Person of Interest

We’ve reached Day 6 of our TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament, and our combatants are the types of fellas who don’t shy away from a freakishly fearsome fight.

Yes indeed, it’s time to show your allegiance to either The Walking Dead‘s Shane Walsh or Sherlock‘s Sherlock Holmes, then choose between Fringe‘s Peter Bishop and Person of Interest‘s John Reese

RELATED | Teen Heartthrobs From 90210, Dawson’s, Hart of Dixie and Glee Highlight Bad Boys Bracket Day 5

Every day for the next month, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field of 64 down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

And if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (64)

• I love Peter Bishop as a character, but he’s not really that much of a “bad boy” – maybe very early in the series, but not for a while now.

Comment by wordsmith – June 30, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I voted Rees for this reason. I prefer Peter as a character, although I think both of them are fantastic. But Rees is, I think, a better ‘bad boy’.

Comment by ben – June 30, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It wasn’t too long ago, Season 3, that Peter was butchering shape-shifters behind everyone’s back – he still qualifies as a bad boy in my book… a deliciously charming bad boy – but still not a saint =)

Comment by Michael Wheeler – June 30, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Peter’s definitly a bad boy, but Mr Reece would kick his a… Hard choice though.

Comment by Amber – June 30, 2012 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shane is losing? Seriously, people?

Comment by Becca – June 30, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know. Shane is the epitome of Psycho Sexy.

Comment by I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) – June 30, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Spoken by someone that doesn’t watch Sherlock, I suppose. Unfortunately, todays four would all deserve to thrash most anybody we have had to date in the contest. Sad first round match ups here.

Comment by ben – June 30, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hey, I watch Sherlock and I still voted for Shane. I find the Sherlock character to be a bit cold for my taste. I still really like the Sherlock show though, I just find Shane to be a much more interesting character.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – June 30, 2012 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s because as awesome as he is, he’s no Benedict Cumberbatch. The name rolls off the tongue! Say it with me “Cumberbatch!”

Comment by Nicole – June 30, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s cuz all the girls want to get on Benedict Cumberbatch for some unknown reason.

Comment by Ruby – July 1, 2012 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know right. figured he’d run away with it

Comment by William – July 2, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know. I don’t understand how that’s possible since I personally don’t consider Sherlock Holmes a bad boy. while I consider Shane to be the definition of the word. A bad boy should be someone you love to hate. Sherlock does not fit that

Comment by jake – July 2, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not a fan of the mouth-breathing dumbstruck look that Shane had 99% of the time.

Comment by Dusty – July 2, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even watch Sherlock, but I just couldn’t vote for Shane. He is possibly one of my least favorite TV characters of the past decade. Ugh. So happy when Rick FINALLY killed him and got rid of his drama.

And how is John Reese not kicking butt?!?! Helloooooo, Jim Caviezel, anyone?? Not only does he play a great bad boy, but he is probably the sexiest man alive (IMHO)

Comment by alyssa – June 30, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Alyssa, did you read my brain and post this? Agree with your whole comment! Rick killing Shane was one of the best things to happen to the Walking Dead! And John Reese is an amazing character, I don’t understand why he’s losing!

Comment by Rain – June 30, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not a “most likable” contest, alyssa. It’s a bad boy contest. I’m pretty sure Shane Walsh is MUCH more of a bad boy than Sherlock Holmes, who shouldn’t even be on this list.

Comment by Ruby – July 1, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know!!He solves cases,that is anti bad boy behaviour!!

Comment by Shaun – July 1, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What!!!! John Reese is an INCREDIBLE bad boy how is he not winning?!?!? I will be so disheartened should he lose his first bracket -_-

Comment by Sara – June 30, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think TVline might have gotten Joshua Jackson’s characters mixed up. His character on Dawson’s Creek was more of a bad boy than Peter Bishop.

Comment by Clay – June 30, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pacey’s in the bracket, too. Peter Bishop is more of a reformed bad boy–as was Pacey, actually.

Comment by jeni – June 30, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will there be a bad girls tourney next month?

Comment by Emgee – June 30, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will take Sherlock, the high-functioning sociopath, over Shane, the unraveling & unstable sociopath, thank you very much. Both are great characters, but (spoiler alert) having to fake your own death to save your best friend > having to be put down by your best friend.

Comment by Emily – June 30, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • <3 Perfect.

Comment by vanchocstraw326 – June 30, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The real bad boy of the group is Shane, but people hate him too much to vote for him.

Comment by Troy – June 30, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch the Walking Dead or Sherlock, so no vote there, but as much as I love Peter Bishop, John Reese is just too badass not to vote for.

Comment by Melody Paris – June 30, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Reese is the ultimate bad ass. Guy pulls a knife on him…he says Really?

Comment by Renee – June 30, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Peter’s not a bad boy at least not anymore.

Comment by Michelle Lee (@SujithaBai) – June 30, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sherlock is THE best. Loved when he threw that CIA agent out the window. And then told Lestrade “he fell”. Lestrade, surveying the agents severe injuries: “How many times did he fall?” Oh yeah, I am definitely voting for Sherlock.

Comment by Mindy – June 30, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • girl you read my mind people are crazy if they don’t think sherlock is a bad boy! He is very bad just in the best way possible!!!

Comment by Ashley – July 1, 2012 01:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! This is why Sherlock got my vote. Brilliant and willing to go to extremes. Sherlock wins!

Comment by Jason – July 1, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • After all, he’s on the side of the angels, but that does not mean he is one <3

Comment by AT – July 1, 2012 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sherlock!! I’m so glad I’m not the only person who thinks he’s an amazing character!! Much better than Shane (though I do like him).

Comment by Bekah – June 30, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Reese or we riot.

Comment by lll – June 30, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MORIARTY AND WATSON SHOULD ALSO BE INCLUDED

Comment by Bron – June 30, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love John Reese, but none is equal to Peter Bishop, is a tormented character, good but also bad when the situation requires it, and let’s be honest, no one is so cute and is so deliciously good as Joshua Jackson.

Comment by Daniela – June 30, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Reese should win this whole damn thing.

Comment by Sg.Grant – June 30, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Peter (Fringe) had its great moments of bad boy, when he returned from Redverse, and began to destroy, eliminate in the Blueverse, any shapeshifter he found the front. In those times Peter has become a real terror to the shapeshifters or a legitimate bad boy. Even though John Reese (Person of Interest) is also a bad boy, my vote goes to Peter Bishop (Fringe), no doubt.

Comment by ziggoz – June 30, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Peter (Fringe) had its great moments of bad boy, when he returned from Redverse, and began to destroy, eliminate in the Blueverse any shapeshifter, he found the front. In those times Peter has become a real terror to the shapeshifters, or a legitimate bad boy. Even though John Reese (Person of Interest) is also a bad boy, my vote goes to Peter Bishop (Fringe), no doubt.

Comment by ziggoz – June 30, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Peter!!

Comment by JoshJacksonasBaelfireonOUAT – June 30, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOULD LIKE TO SEE SHERLOCK HOLMES AS A TV SERIES LIKE WALKING
    DEAD. HIS CHARACTER IS GREAT. THE ONE WITH THE WOMAN WHO WAS
    ATTRACTED TO HIM HAD A INTENSE CHEMISTRY BETWEEN THEM.

Comment by jackie – June 30, 2012 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John reese should win this ,….nobody can beat the things he does!!!

Comment by Ishaanbakshi – July 1, 2012 12:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These contests are always a popularity thing.
    No way bishop competes with Reese. Dude is ex cia.

Comment by james – July 1, 2012 12:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Reese 200%!!!

Comment by LT – July 1, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shouldn’t Moriarty be on the bad boy list instead of Sherlock? He’s the biggest sociopath I’ve seen!

Comment by Addie – July 1, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reese Rocks!

Comment by Sam – July 1, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Reese.

Comment by Kelly – July 1, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Reese. Yes indeed.

Comment by Hillary C – July 1, 2012 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Reese is simply a badass … yet humble and gentle.

Comment by SAM – July 2, 2012 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Had to vote for Sherlock. Smart is the new sexy!

… actually smart has always been sexy. <3

Comment by LadyB – July 2, 2012 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As the kid said in episode: “That guy you sent is kind of a bad ass”. Reese all the way.

Comment by Don – July 2, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bishop a bad boy. Where is the logic in that? And Shane sacrificed one character and lured another to be murdered is losing? Does anybody watch these shows.

Comment by Mike – July 2, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Reese!

Comment by sarah – July 2, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shane for sure!!!!

Comment by Ramsey Munro – July 2, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love John Reese & POI – Best show ever. Can’t wait for S2.

Comment by exNCISfan – July 2, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reese is the epitome of badass. He got my vote!

Comment by Tony – July 2, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is Peter Bishop beating John Reese? How? How? How?!

Comment by Deion – July 2, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Reese 200%!!

Comment by Linda Tan – July 3, 2012 02:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Reese

Comment by Josef.W – July 3, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reese

Comment by Panda – July 4, 2012 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reese, we the Irrelevants love you dearly.

Comment by Panda – July 4, 2012 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Peter Bishop and Shane Walsh!

Comment by Juliette – July 12, 2012 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post