TNT Realizes It's Struck Black Gold, Renews Dallas for Season 2

Get More: News, Renewals

Talk about striking it rich.

TNT has renewed Dallas, its oil-centric drama, for a second season.

RELATED | Rizzoli & Isles Rewarded With Season 4 Pickup

Thus far, the slick continuation — which stars original cast members Patrick Duffy, Larry Hagman and Linda Gray, as well as Josh Henderson and Jesse Metcalfe as their offspring — has been averaging 6.9 million viewers each week of its inaugural season.

Dallas has been a success for us on every level: pitch-perfect writing, smart directing and buzz-worthy performances by a new generation of stars and their iconic counterparts,” TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies programming head Michael Wright said in a statement, adding “it’s clear the Ewings of Southfork have once again captured the imagination of viewers.”

Dallas‘ Season 1 finale airs Aug. 15. The 15-episode sophomore run is slated to debut in 2013.

Tags: , ,

Comments (71)

• That’s awesome!

Comment by Andie – June 29, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope you have Gary and Valene come back. As the show goes on I hope to see more Knots Landing actors….. PLEASE :)

Comment by gloria – November 15, 2012 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was waiting for that. They’ve aired about half of the first season so they feel secure in the ratings.

I’ve been enjoying it but I kind of hope they slow down the pace. Their’s barely been time to breathe on this show, let alone get to know anyone.

Comment by portiaslegacy – June 29, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You clearly don’t watch revenge which packs so much in a single episode

Comment by Jake – June 29, 2012 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I do watch Revenge, and comparing the two I think Dallas has a more crazy pace, and is a different enough that it should have a more meandering pace than Revenge.

Comment by portiaslegacy – June 30, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Revenge has flashbacks,which build alot of characters up.

Comment by Shaun – July 1, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news ever. Can’t wait to see what happens next with the Ewings. Hope they continue bringing in old faces to interact with the new cast. WOuld love to see Marilee Stone or Jeremy Wendell

Comment by Robert – June 29, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would like them to give Ray & Lucy more than 1 line every other week… Cant someone ask Ray how Jenna is doing at least?

Comment by Lincoln – June 29, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does this mean they’ll bring back Dynasty too? Fingers crossed!

Comment by Ci – June 29, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks TNT, I just hope it airs EARLY 2013 – January/February. I don’t think I could take it returning a year later.

Comment by Morgan – June 29, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. What’s with all the good series leaving you hanging for 9 months. Makes me lose interest.

Comment by Mike – July 27, 2012 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awesome. as long as they keep it a summer soap, it’ll do well.

Comment by cj – June 29, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the new Dallas series. I’m so glad the ratings have been solid and that it will be renewed for a 2nd season. JR has lost nothing to age. His performances are awesome!

Comment by Ros – June 29, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yep could you imagine TNT’s ratings if they were able to do a Dynasty remake with the Carrington and Colby kids?

Comment by KenBud – June 29, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dynasty would be nice too but lets talk Knots Landing first!

Comment by L – June 29, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blake Carrington is dead!! No Dynasty possible. Although it might be interesting if Adam smehow got ahold of Denver Carrington! Although they kind of made Adam’s character too nice towards the end.

Comment by JASon – June 29, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Crystal and Blake had a daughter and Steven had a kid plus Blake’s daughter. They were all babies and toddlers back when the reunion specials were on. They could focus on them. Who cares about Blake?

Comment by xy77boyDanny – June 30, 2012 01:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish Knots landing would go back on again. I hope Dallas at least puts some of the members on as the show goes on. Please tie the knot

Comment by gloria – November 15, 2012 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • KNOTS Landing lets hope that Dallas has some of the old faces to join them. :) I miss Knots Landing. Abby, Karen, Valene, Laura, Page GARYYYYYY.

Comment by gloria – November 15, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will now check out Dallas. Haven’t watched it.

Comment by Jenny – June 29, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! I’m so happy about DALLAS. Congratulations to Larry, Patrick Linda and the rest of the cast for bringing back one of TV’s Best and Guiltiest pleasures back to life.

I say NO WAY to a Dynasty SEQUEL. John Forsythe the HEART and SOUL of the show is gone. Nolan Miller who created the iconic clothes; And set the tone of Dynasty’s style just passed away recently. Aaron Spelling who helped bring DYNASTY to life is gone too.

I see KNOTS LANDING getting picked up. The Main 4 Ted Shackelford, Kevin Dobson, Joan Van Ark and Michele Lee are still the best of friends and if the money and timing is right I can see William Devane and Nicolette Sheridan coming back too.

Comment by Tammy – June 29, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not sure Knots Landing would be successful nowadays, sadly. It’s by far my favorite of the big 3 primetime soaps of the ’80s (I don’t count Falcon Crest as I haven’t seen it) but it’s bombed on DVD, so that would suggest the American public’s interest in it has considerably diminished over the past two decades. A shame, as I always felt it was the better written, acted and produced of the lot, but eventually, this is a business, and a show that has little to no audience left is not very likely to make a comeback.

Comment by whisperintherain – June 29, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Knots was, long-term, the best of the major prime-time soaps, though both Dallas and Falcon Crest were very good in their early to mid years before they both went off the rails in their last couple of seasons(particularly FC, which practically bccame a different show in its’ last season). Dynasty was the most over-the-top and campy of the four, not to mention probably the worst acting-wise, though it did have it’s charms i.e. John James and Jack Coleman :).

Comment by ChrisGa – June 29, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • David Jacobs who created DALLAS and KNOTS LANDING said that DALLAS ran longer then it should have and that the stories in the last 4-3 seasons were weak compared to KNOTS LANDING, which stayed on track and if anything the stories and acting grew stronger and stronger with each passing year.

Comment by Tammy – June 29, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Bobby since ’78! Woo Hoo!

Comment by Ladybug Girl – June 29, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think KNOTS LANDING reboot is prime Gold! Would love to see it return as would so many! And I say bring back Falcon Crest with Ana Alicia’s Melissa to return (somehow) as the center of the show!

Comment by Scott – June 29, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Would love to see a second go of Falcon Crest; plenty of the actors are still around and I’m assuming not doing a whole lot(Lorenzo Lamas, Ana Alicia, William R.Moses).

Comment by ChrisGa – June 29, 2012 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d love to see a reboot of Knots Landing. They could get Brian Austin Green to reprise his role as Abby son, and both Donna Mills and Nicolette Sheridan have proven that they still have “it”. As for the rest of the cast, they have been trolling on the daytime soaps, so they should come really cheap. However, I would not like to see reboots of either Dynasty or Falcon Crest. Both John Forsyth and Jane Wyman were the backbone of each of their series, and I can’t see a proper reboot without them.

Comment by ragincajun – June 29, 2012 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And for Dallas’ 2nd season: they gotta bring back Pam! And to stay as a regular. Even recast if Victoria won’t return. I think that character would be a ratings winner!

Comment by Scott – June 29, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve made a bold prediction that by the end of this season, we will find out that Bobby’s current wife, Ann, is actually Pam after plastic surgery in Europe! ;-)

Comment by TV Gord – June 29, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Or better yet let’s maker her Katherine Wentworth

Comment by Christine – July 14, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pam had an incurable disease. Remember Cliff went to see her after Jordan Lee found her and she pretended she was in love with her surgeon and after Cliff left the doctor asked why she didn’t tell Cliff she was dying and Pam said she didn’t want them to lose her twice and it was much better this way! Love the idea of her being Bobby’s new wife though. I wish they would fill us in on what happened after the series ended and how they got to where they are now. Love Bobby Ewing xx

Comment by Lorac57 – September 24, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so happy. Love the reboot! Would also really love knots reboot too!

Comment by Connie – June 29, 2012 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do hope they are going to explore some different story lines. I watched the original and so far this is just a continuation of the original: The brothers fighting over land, oil, money only now they are a lot older – I mean how long can they keep this going? J. R. said he was back and going to be better. I hope he doesn’t plan on contuing this feud from a wheel chair or nursing home til he dies. I mean, he’s old now – even JR Ewing can’t take it to the grave! So now the cousins are also doing the same thing on the younger scale. Larry Hagman looked very devilish with his ‘pointed’ eyebrows which I noticed. Don’t know if they was deliberate but it really works well. Patrick is aging well, but Linda should tone down all that make up – it just makes her look older. The premiere was very ‘busy’ and they threw everything at us up front, I thought. For the show to succeed, they are going to have to have more involvement with the new characters, slow down the pace and doing something new instead of just the same old same old. I don’t want to sit through just an updated rerun.

Comment by Mrs. Peele – June 29, 2012 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now that DALLAS is renewed I would like to see Gary, Val, Sly, [JR.'s secretary] Marilee Stone, Katherine Wentworth, Jenna Wade and if they didn’t retire from acting Morgan Woodward and Alice Hirson who played Punk and Mavis Anderson who were good friends with Jock and Miss Ellie.

Comment by Tammy – June 29, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Love that idea about Ann is actually Pam after plastic surgery :)!

Comment by Scott – June 29, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • :-) It’s one of three predictions I’ve made about this season. The others are that Christopher turns out to be JR’s son after all (imagine John Ross and Christopher going at it as equal brothers!!!); and the other one is that Christopher’s bride, Rebecca is a Barnes! (Remember, Pam and Cliff’s mother was named Rebecca!) :-)

Comment by TV Gord – June 29, 2012 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like all of those — especially Christopher and John Ross being brothers after all. On the other hand, I’ve been waiting for someone on the writing staff to remember that they’re cousins by blood under any circumstances, and not just by adoption.

Comment by Laney – June 29, 2012 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I find the idea of Ann turning out to be Pam incredibly stupid, but Christopher actually being the baby Kristin expected from J.R; would be interesting even though I dislike retconning. I’m with you on the Rebecca thing, Afton had a daughter by Cliff that she named Pamela Rebecca as a tribute to Pam and her mother, so this could very well be her. Either that, or she’s related to Pam and Cliff’s psychotic half-sister, Katherine. It has been said by the show’s writers that it’s not a coincidence that her name is Rebecca.

Comment by whisperintherain – June 30, 2012 03:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I commented on the results of your predication in post below. Good Job, and nice creative thinking.

Comment by JDD4J4J – August 13, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TVGord your ideas are awesome!! Love all of them!! Imagine the hilarity of Christopher being JR’s, and I think the Ann/Pam twist would be quite inventive. I thought of another: how bout sweet Ann is actually Katherine Wentworth!! And she was behind Pam’s leaving

Comment by Scott – June 30, 2012 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Scott I really like your idea of having Ann actually being Katherine is a great twist maybe we could talk the producers into this idea

Comment by christine – July 8, 2012 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally I would like to see Jenna come back. Also I think they should bring her daughter Charlie back. Personally I would like to see them portray Charlie who is very bitter against Jenna and Ray. I think that way that Charlie was sent off to school by Jenna and Ray in the 1980s was really wrong. Maybe making her like another Sami Brady for example on Days of our Lives would be great. If they could talk her into in I would like to see Shalane McCall reprise the roll. If she would not reprise the roll a good idea for a re-cast would be Tiffani-Amber Thiesen. Having Charlie Wade’s father come back faking his death would be another interesting concept. Having Charlie’s natural father Naldo a reformed man and sorry for all he put Jenna through would really spice things up. Maybe having Naldo Marchetta, Bobby, Ray and Jenna come to a meeting of the minds would be a good twist. They join forces to work with adult Charlie to reform would be a great spin on things. Seeing an adult Lucas would also be a great idea. Also Ray’s daughter Margret would also be a great idea she needs to reunite with he father. I think having Pam come back would be great for ratings. Discovering Ann was actually Katherine Wentworth is also a good twist. It comes out that Katherine was behind Pam’s leaving would work great. They should have Christopher not be Katherine and JR’s son. He should only be the adoptive son of Bobby and Pam. Bobby and Pam then get married and start over. Pam then works with Bobby to reunite Elena and Christopher so that he can be happy with the woman he really does love. Sue-Ellen takes control of John Ross and takes control of him is also great and turns him against JR. Cally JR’s second wife needs to come back and work with Sue-Ellen to have revenge of JR. Finally Bobby needs to kick JR off Southfork. Please let me know would you all think

Comment by christine – July 8, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As for some casting ideas having Priscillia Presley as Jenna Wade would be a great idea. If she does not want to reprise the roll having Morgan Fairchild would also be great since she starred in the role once. If neither one of them a good idea for an actress would be Jaime Lyn Bauer from Days of our live would be a good idea. As I said having Shalane Mcall would really work well to reprise Charlie would also work. If Shalane Mcall would not agree then how about Tiffani Amber Thiesen. Another idea would be Jennie Garth for Charlie Wade. As for Jenna son Lucas Jason Cook formerly would work great as Lucas. As for Margret Ray’s natural daugter Kristen Storms would be great or even Martha Madison. Let me know what you all think

Comment by Christine – July 8, 2012 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Some final idea for the show is as follows: Having Lucy and Mitch return with two children would be great. I would like to see those two make it finally. It would be great to have Afton return with he daughter. Seeing her back with Cliff would make it juicy. Final thought having JR kicked off Southfork in jail and broke with no money is something I would love to see

Comment by Christine – July 8, 2012 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If not broke and in jail maybe having JR with a long lost daughter would be great. She could work with JR to keep the war going on. Please someone let me know what you all think o my ideas. I would love to play the daughter

Comment by Christine – July 8, 2012 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just gave this some thought I would like better to see JR broke and in jail. Personally I would like to play the role of Charley if I could get an acting career

Comment by Christine – July 8, 2012 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I meant to say Charlie

Comment by Christine – July 8, 2012 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh I meant to say Kristen and JR’s son when I wrote the intial statement

Comment by Christine – July 8, 2012 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As for other ideas for re-boots that I would like t see TNT pick up here are some ideas as follows: One idea is having Knots Landing. I would love to see all of the cul-de-sac back. Another idea would be Dynansty. For final ideas they could bring back Cold Case and Without a Trace. I will let you know when I have a chance to think about it how they should portray these show later on

Comment by Christine – July 9, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Knots Landing too

Comment by gloria – November 15, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched Dallas last night. I would love to see a twist saying Ann was actually Katherine Wentworth. Then they need to bring back Pam and reunite her with Bobby. Katherine a.k.a Ann then needs to be locked up. Also Christopher needs to have his marriage Rebecca annuled and he and Elena need to reconcile and get married. They should then get custody of Rebecca’s baby and raise it as if were their baby. Bobby and Pam need to help with this. Also let’s kick JR off Southfork and honor Miss Ellie’s memory and Jock’s memory too. Let’s just remember Jock never would have allowed any kind of drilling on Southfork. As for John Ross let’s him and Sue Ellen also along with Cally Harper Ewing get revenge on JR. JR needs to be locked up, broke and out of money. The Ewing Barnes fued then needs to end. Lucy also needs to be brought back with her and Mitch as a couple in love with two children a boy and a girl. Let’s make these children twins. Finally thought bring back Jenna, Ray Charlie, Lucas and Ray’s natural Daugther Margret. Reformed Naldo Marchetta also needs to be brought into the picture to help Charlie with her self destructive ways. He needs to join forces with Jenna, Ray, and Bobby so that this can be accomplished. They need to do this so that adult Charlie can become a better mother to her 3 children.

Comment by Christine – July 12, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Interesting comments about Katherine, but she died in the car after trying to run over Pam. But wait…
      technically that season doesn’t count does it? Or does it? If the entire season was just a dream….I can’t even remember how “Katherine” left the show. I think that was the time I stopped watching on a regular basis.
      comment by F.Carol Hickombottom

Comment by F.Carol Hickombottom – August 16, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love to see Dynasty remade with Fallon (Pamela Sue Martin) head of the family and running Denver Carrington, with little Blake and Lauren (her kids with Jeff Colby) as her two dysfunctional heirs. Sammy Jo could be her rival, with Steven, Danny and Krystina also having roles.

Comment by hedda – July 18, 2012 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good Idea Heda

Comment by Christine – July 21, 2012 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this show goes on forever. Let’s do what we can do keep iit going. I want to see JR kicke off Southfork. Southfork is Bobby’s and Bobby needs to keep it. Pam and Bobby need to be reunited and parents to Christopher. They need to get those babies away from Rebecca and he and Elena need to reconcile and be parents to those babies

Comment by Christine – July 21, 2012 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woohoo! soooo happy!

Comment by EveatEden – July 23, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What an intersting twist Tommy and Rebecca not brother and sister after all. Let it come out tha Ann is actually Katherine Wentworth and Rebecca is her daughter. This would make a great twist.

Comment by Christine – July 26, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anybody remember James, JR’s son?

Comment by Jake – July 31, 2012 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes I remember James he could come back and get revenge on JR also. Bobby needs to get better and get back together with Pam. Pam then needs to help take care of Bobby with his relapse of cancer. Jenna and Ray also need to come back.

Comment by Christine – August 2, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ann ewing is actually april ewing. April stevens. Watch this space.

Comment by simon pal – August 2, 2012 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think that would be the best idea. I always thought Bobby and Pam should be together. Let’s give them a Happy Ending

Comment by Christine – August 2, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I change my mind about Ellena and Christopher getting back together. I actually like Rebecca now. They need to reconcile Christopher and Rebecca and have it Rebecca killed Tommy in self-defence. Then she needs to tell Christopher the truth. Christopher then needs to forgive her

Comment by Christine – August 2, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They need to then have them back together. Also Pam and Bobby need to get back together an have their happy ending

Comment by Christine – August 2, 2012 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder what is going to happen on the season finale. It will be very intersting to see. This is such a great show.

Comment by Christine – August 7, 2012 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the ending was great. Now that Rebecca is Cliff’s daughter. I want to see Elena and Christopher get those babies away from her and get married. JR and John Ross need to be kicked off Southfork and end up in jail and broke. It needs to turn out that Ann is Katherine Wentworth. Pam then needs to come back. She and Bobby need to help Christopher get those babies and put Cliff and Rebecca in jail

Comment by Christine – August 9, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Over a month ago, TV Gord made three predictions on here. The first prediction, that Ann is Pamela Barnes, I think that one went left field. Sorry Folks, Pam is dead. However, he called it spot on that Rebecca was Cliff’s daughter weeks before the finale.(Kudos Sir!) Final prediction that John Ross and Christopher are actually very genetically close half brothers, same father, mothers were sisters. I still think this has a good chance of being correct and hope to see it play out in the 2nd season. It would tie in well with introducing an adult version of Ray’s adopted son and Bobby’s biological son, Lucas Krebbs. And ofcourse, keeping Lucy around to represent Gary’s branch of the tree. Or hey, double twist, Christopher is JR’s, but John Ross is Cliffs! LOL… OK, maybe that one was a bit far but who knows, right?

Comment by JDD4J4J – August 13, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there somebody that could help me find out if Dallas in returning for season 2 in Canada on Bravo channel. It would be very appreciated. Thank You in advance.

Comment by Rock – September 9, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post