CBS Renews Unforgettable for Summer 2013

UPDATE 6/29: Carrie Wells will live to remember another day, now that CBS has officially resurrected-slash-renewed Unforgettable for a 13-episode sophomore run, to air next summer.

ORIGINAL STORY 6/20: CBS is in talks to pluck the Poppy Montgomery-fronted Unforgettable from the cancellation ashes, for a 13-episode Season 2, our sister site Deadline reports.

Said sophomore run would be targeted for a Summer 2013 bow.

RELATED | TVLine’s Complete Guide to Renewed and Cancelled Shows

Unforgettable, which aired Tuesdays at 10, drew 11 million total viewers and a 2.0 demo rating with its Season 1 finale, yet it wasn’t among the 19 shows renewed by CBS for the 2012-13 TV season.

Comments (100)

• I am so thrilled!!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Comment by Sarah – June 20, 2012 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this would make me happy. I was sad when they canceled it.

Comment by Steph – June 20, 2012 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love the idea. it’s not that i didn’t like the show i just didn’t have time for it in the fall so i would definitely watch it in the summer.

Comment by Elyse – June 20, 2012 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why the change of heart? Are they looking to put out some decent summer shows?

Comment by Dan – June 20, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blah, who cares. ABC should bring back GCB.

Comment by Franko (@Franko12) – June 20, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, GCB was fun.

Comment by Velvet – June 20, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • STOP TRYING TO MAKE GCB HAPPEN, ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Comment by Russ – June 29, 2012 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bring back GCB

Comment by Velvet – June 20, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Uh no thanks. GCB was the stinkiest of crap and insulting with it’s gross stereotypes.

Comment by Deal With It – June 20, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly what I was going to say!!!!

Comment by Chloe – June 20, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am happy for Unforgettable fans but I agree, ABC or someone, bring back GCB please!

Comment by S – June 20, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Being as this article is about CBS, this comment is worthless… but I barely made it through the pilot of GCB. No loss when it was cancelled. Too bad, too.. there were several folks in it that I really like.

Comment by kmg – June 22, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • gcb sucked, it was a cheap and poor rip off to desperate houswives

Comment by mark – June 26, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I liked GCB – but it’s not coming back – Chenoweth has moved on…

Comment by Michael Wheeler – June 30, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • GCB was a very disgusting show i’m happy its go for good

Comment by lizzie – October 9, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope so!

Comment by Nicole MacGregor (@destinoscelgo) – June 20, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would be great to have this back!!! Such a great show!!! And yes ABC needs to bring back GCB!!!

Comment by Lisa – June 20, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one of the cancellations that disappointed me (especially with the addition of Jane Curtin to the cast), so I hope this turns out to be true!

Comment by TV Gord – June 20, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Jane too. Amazing actress. And Poppy. Thrilled they are bringing it back.

Comment by Karen – June 29, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • GCB???

Thrilled unforgettable has spot in summer!!
      Relief!!!

Comment by Ruth Ellen – September 21, 2013 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show – seriously it shouldn’t have been cancelled in the first place!

Comment by Kara – June 20, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree 100%

Comment by butchiebabes – September 20, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Said sophomore run would be targeted for a Summer 2013 bow.”

I don’t understand the use of the word “bow” here. Does this mean it won’t air til Summer 2013? If so, once again a really good show isn’t given a chance to grown its audience by being on continually in the same time/day slot. By the summer of 2013, it will have been a year since the show was on the air. *shaking my head*

That said: I sure wish ABC (or another network) would give “Missing” another chance. What an amazing, high quality show that was.

Comment by Nancy Nowalk – June 20, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes it will air in summer 2013. If negotiations work out. it may end up as a summer show. It can also be a replacement for new dramas that aren’t getting “CBS standard” ratings.

Comment by lll – June 20, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glad Unforgettable is getting another chance but I agree. Wish ABC would give Missing this same chance. missing was great and could be a great summer 13 episode “miniseries.”

Comment by Jules – June 30, 2012 03:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No idea why they canceled this… it was a pretty decent show.. plus.. Poppy Montgomery in tight shirts didn’t hurt.

Comment by Vegas Guy – June 20, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would be thrilled

Comment by gail – June 20, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would only work if they got different leads.

Comment by Corinne. – June 20, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now if ABC would do this for GCB or The CW would do this for The Secret Circle…..

Comment by tvaddict – June 20, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t like this show. I wanted to, but just didn’t.

Comment by Michael Sacal – June 20, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would be really great news…love this show and I was really disappointed when CBS canceled it. Keeping fingers crossed

Comment by Stefanie – June 20, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Take note, NBC — bring back AWAKE!

Comment by FairEnough – June 20, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’d be nice…but its would be even better if CW brought back RINGER. :)

Comment by Robin – June 20, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you about Awake – wish a cable channel would sign on for a new season! Glad to hear this news about Unforgettable, though. They had a tough time slot against Parenthood and next season Private Practice would also be on Tuesday at 10. A summer season would be great!

Comment by Linderella – June 20, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please do this CBS, but I don’t want to wait a year for it.

Comment by MJ – June 20, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, goodie. CBS is resurrecting a cop procedural. Stop the presses. (Wanna be daring, CBS? Resurrect A Gifted Man instead. Better cast, different premise, UNLIKE EVERYTHING ELSE ON YOUR NETWORK)

Comment by wheee – June 20, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I stopped watching A Gifted Man when it became clear the show was embarrased by its own premise.

Comment by ElKabong – June 20, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Premises can change, when given the chance–which AGM was not.

Comment by wheee – June 20, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even though I never watched the show. I thought it did fairly well in the rating considering that no one really ever talked about it. I was surprised when they cancelled it. I’m glad to see that it might be given another chance at life. This is one of the shows that I felt should have been renewed.

Comment by Alex – June 20, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh this makes me happy :) I liked this show!

Comment by Brandy – June 20, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How exciting! I’d much rather watch this than some dumb reality show like big brother…that’s just my opinion of course. ;)

Comment by Robin – June 20, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unforgettable was the worst of the new shows on CBS this past season. Where do I begin? The wooden lead actors, the stupid scripts, an inappropriately dressed (for a cop) Ms. Mongtomery recklessly continuing to disobey orders…. yada yada yada.
    I expected so much more from producer Ed Redlich (co-creator of Without a Trace) If TNT and Lifetime (a freakin’ womans channel!!) didn’t want to pick it up, they must believe it’s awful too. Just let it die already.

Comment by Mikela – June 20, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What a SELFISH comment Mikela. No one forced you to watch it. Have you heard of A REMOTE CONTROL?

Comment by Tania – June 20, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 11 million people disagree with you Mikela. ‘Nuff said.

Comment by Elaine – June 20, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • is that why they put same woman from without a trace in the show

Comment by mark – June 26, 2012 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, this makes me happy. It wasn’t a phenomenal show, but it was enjoyable and entertaining and it would be a crime to have ended the show without solving Rachel’s murder.

Comment by Suhara – June 20, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Also, the supporting cast was excellent.

Comment by Annika – June 20, 2012 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back GCB!

Comment by Velvet – June 20, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they save it.

Comment by Halena – June 20, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really hope this happens! Great premise, great leads…scripts weren’t always the greatest, but I do miss watching Poppy each week :)

Comment by Jeff Foster – June 20, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the show, saw every epi and would like to see it back. Same for my most favorite show of all, CSI Miami. I still can’t believe CBS cxl’d either show. Bring them back!

Comment by Jean TenBrook – June 20, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We really enjoyed this show! One of our favs! Please bring it back.

Comment by Kim Harper – June 20, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, I hope this happens. It would be so awesome!

Comment by Risa – June 20, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think CBS is having a change of heart because other networks (TNT, Lifetime) really want it as well as its fans. Agreed, they should never have cancelled it. So excited but that is a long time to wait!

Comment by Sasha – June 20, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds a lot like schedule spackle to me. I’m guessing CBS doesn’t have a lot of confedence in their new shows.

Comment by Jackson – June 20, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish somebody would resurrect Terra Nova. Or The Finder.

Comment by Renee – June 20, 2012 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And now the CW should bring back The Secret Circle.

Comment by matt – June 20, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is something they should do for CSI Miami!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Lynn – June 20, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show was up against Body of Proof (ABC) and I would swap back and forth and this one ‘Unforgettable’ was better than the BoP show by far. I was shocked to see it cancelled. It had a better rating than BoP too. Please bring it back. It is all about numbers!!!!!! $$$$$

Comment by Carol – June 20, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes please let this be true. I’ll be so happy

Comment by Lisa – June 20, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now NBC should renew Harry’s Law. Oh, they don’t believe the old people audience group counts for anything.

Comment by tp1943 – June 20, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone please bring back GCB!

Comment by Gogo – June 20, 2012 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS should resurect Star Trek!

Comment by a p garcia – June 20, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoyed this show. I missed the first few episodes because I watched so many other things and it just didn’t seem to be that interested. Well, that sure changed when I got around to watching it. It’s really good and the main character is extremely likeable. How she works is quite fascinating. I’ll never how a show with 11 million viewers gets cancelled. Where is the sense in that. I mean it had decent #’s in that all-Godly-18-49 category didn’t it? Wish CBS would do the decent thing and bring it back for a whole season and hopefully being offline for a whole year won’t mean it loses part of the audience it already has. Network executives. Go figure.

Comment by Elaine – June 20, 2012 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC please bring back Harry’s Law!!!!! You’re highest rated scripted show in total viewers.

Comment by tim – June 20, 2012 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen Tim! Love HARRY”S LAW!!!! Shame on NBC for canceling that brilliant show!

Comment by Karen – July 1, 2012 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cbs pick up GCB pleeeease! :)

Comment by farru – June 21, 2012 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really loved this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad to hear that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Kathy Chisum – June 21, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • amenda amenda bring back ameeeeeeeenda :( GCB

Comment by farru – June 22, 2012 03:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like going out and buying Carrie Wells a whole shirt in celebration of this news. (Seriously, costumers? SERIOUSLY?! #iwatchfortheplot) Fingers crossed this comes to fruition!

Comment by Elizabeth – June 22, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see the update. Do we know if they will still film in Queens or will they be making the show on the cheap somewhere else?

Comment by Marc – June 29, 2012 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do we know if the entire cast will be back? Like Jane Curtain and Kevin Rankin? Would they still be under contract even though it was cancelled?

Comment by Renee – June 29, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • super excited!!!! Can’t wait to see Poppy. I loved this show & I was so upset when I head news of its cancellation. but good I am very happy it will be back. :D love her

Comment by Erica – June 29, 2012 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So very happy! I loved this show and was so upset with CBS for canceling it! Of course CBS is good for canceling the good shows! Glad that they had a change of heart with this one! Love Poppy Montgomery and can’t wait till its back on!!!!

Comment by Cathy – June 29, 2012 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post