Justified, Shameless, Sons of Anarchy Faves Highlight Day 4 of TV's Best Bad Boy Bracket

Day 4 of our TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament might have you thinking a better title would be TV’s Ultimate Bad-Ass.

That’s right, today we’ve got Justified‘s Raylan Givens battling Shameless‘ Steve Wilton/Jimmy Lishman, and Sons of Anarchy‘s Jax Teller up against Justified‘s Boyd Crowder.

Every day for the next month, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field of 64 down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

And if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. Jessie says:

Jax Teller FTW!

2. Isabelle says:

Raylan and Jax all the way. I love Boyd but against Jax its a no brainer.

3. Jessica says:

I’m disappointed that Brian Kinney didn’t win in the first match up. Ben on Felicity wasn’t a bad boy, he was a slightly cocky, mostly confused man-child. Brian Kinney was dirty, raunchy, break-your-heart sexcicle.

4. Megan says:

JAX TELLER

5. AJ says:

Boyd by far. Jax is such a pansy character

6. Emily says:

I love you Steve/Jimmy, but Raylan Givens wins by 10 miles.

7. A.Rae says:

First Captain Tightpants vs. Captain Jack, and now Jax vs. Boyd? Are you trying to make my head explode?

8. Lizzy says:

Seriously, this poll was like Sophie’s choice! How can you pick between amazing characters on amazing shows?! =) Any who, Jax and Raylan should win!

9. Temis says:

Raylan & Boyd – I want to see that matchup!

10. Deion says:

The Boys from Kentucky win this one for me.

11. Britta Unfiltered says:

I’m a Justified girl all the way, so I am probably a tad biased, but I don’t understand how people can vote for Jax or how he can even be in this contest? He goes beyond being a bad boy to just being a disgusting perpetrator of violence against women. He beat a woman up who wasn’t even trying to fight him! He attacked her when her back was turned and threw her into a mirror and broke her nose! No woman ever deserves that kind of treatment from a man no matter what she’s done. He was a big strong muscley guy, and she was a petite China doll of a girl, and when you prey on those who are weaker than you like that, those who don’t have the ability to fight back, that makes you nothing but a psychopathic bully. People are voting for someone in this contest who commits acts of violence against women, and I’m so ashamed of TVLine for even putting him as an option in this contest.

• tripoli says:

They are voting for a fictional character. Not quite the same as supporting a real person who acts in such a manner. I get where you are coming from though. Don’t watch the show so don’t know what kind of character he is.

• wordsmith says:

You do realize that this is a “bad boys” contest, right? That said, I don’t remember Jax doing what you described. When did that happen?

• sheila says:

he did this AFTER she held a gun on his wife, child and mother….

• Stacey says:

While I’ve slowly lost my Jax love, thank you for this, I was getting mad reading that comment making it seem like Jax was just beating up some random woman. Of everyone on that show, he’s the one who treats women with the most respect!

• Fluffy says:

Jesus, relax! It’s not like he did that in real life. He did it for a show. IT’S FICTION so take it down a notch, sweety.

Besided, if we’re going to go there, that “China Doll” of a woman pulled a gun on his wife and mother. So it’s not like she’s this innocent, helpless girl. She’s a bitch and a half.

That’s part of the show! Look up the girl who plays Ima (forgot her name). Not only is she gorgeous but she is LITERALLY the polar opposite of the girl she plays on the show.

She’s an avid animal rights activist and a complete sweetheart.

What does that tell you? The show is FICTION! So just relax and have fun with it. You don’t like the show, flip the channel. Simple as that.

12. Santeria says:

He beat Ima’s a$$ because she was a hoe that pulled a gun on his mother and his pregnant girl I don’t like when a man hit a woman but I yelled a big who dat at the TV when Jax beat her a$$ and then spit in her face she has had it coming since season 2. Jackson Teller is the man.

• wordsmith says:

That’s right – I had forgotten about that. Usually, Jax is probably the character most respectful to women in the entire show – in this case, what he did was really to protect the two women he loves most (misguided as it may have been)

13. Megan says:

Steve against Raylan? EEK. I mean… at least have them be on the same wavelength.

14. ejaz77 says:

Go charlie hunnam (jax teller) all the best

15. Lori says:

Jack Teller all day! Who can resist a bad boy on a Harley? ;)

16. Danielle H says:

Don’t watch any of this so I’ve just started picking people based on who I feel is attractive LOL

17. Kasper F. Nielsen says:

Didn’t know the actor who played Jax Teller was named Sons of Anarchy. Kind of bizarre name for a person, especially when you’re on a show by the same name. Perhaps that’s why it’s named as such?

18. TheBeach says:

Dayumm…you picked 4 guys from 3 of the best shows on TV.

19. wooster182 says:

Nooooo! It has to be Boyd! I’ll be his huckleberry….

20. Megan says:

Get off your soapbox. This is a BAD BOYS POLL. And try watching the show. This girl pointed a gun to HIS fiancée and infant baby among others. Along with messing around with another club member who was married. A punch was the LEAST she deserved.

21. Laura says:

OMG i just finsh the first season of justified and its my new fav show
    But because im an Aussie no one i know has see it. So i have been trying to get them to watch. And i get them hooked on so many shows. I have read it only gets better i cant wait for season 2
    Raylan all the way

22. Stacey says:

I would have liked this to have Boyd against Raylan, I’m interested to see which one would have won!

As for Jax, can we replace him with Opie?!

23. HeatherMc says:

The bad boys of Justified for sure!!

24. Ruby says:

Jax against Boyd? Man, come ON! Those two are final contenders!

25. wendy says:

In season 3 he threw the mexicans girlfriend in the mirror because she was going after him and the club when they went to question the mexican. it was the same mexicans gfriend that tara killed when they were holding her and her boss prisoner plus he was out of his mind with grief because of abel

• Fluffy says:

I think Stacey was referring to Season 4 where Jax goes to fool around with Ima and leans in for a kiss but ends up slamming her head against the mirror table, breaking her nose.

The part in Season 3 where he headbutts Luisa (Salazar’s old lady) was because she was holding a shotgun to Bobby’s head.

26. Ramsey Munro says:

charlie all the way!!!

27. Fluffy says:

BTW, I vote for Jax but I’m biased. SOA is my favorite show of all time! I follow it religiously and I own every season, except Season 4 because well… it hasn’t been released yet lol.